Valley Hospital and Medical Center Employee Reviews

Worst career move ever
nursing director (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WADecember 12, 2015
Lack of reporting quality issues and serious safety events. When brought to their attention I was treated as an outsider. They talk about the work environment being "different" and expected employees to follow suit with their negative attitude toward Deaconess, their sister hospital. I was told on numerous occasions to not bring up that I worked there. I was given no guidance for a director level position and was set up to fail. ACNO was not open to anything that resembled a change. Nurse/patient ratios were horrific and the focus was on productivity, not patient care or safety. That being said, the nursing staff worked very hard to give good care and any lacking was due to understaffing.
Pros
Nursing staff are friendly and compassionate
Cons
Senior leadership, especially in nursing.
Volunteer
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WANovember 21, 2015
Shadowed by the Nurse Supervisor to help with charting and delivery of items to patients. In addition to this, I was also tasked with filing and general office work.
Pros
Flexibility, Variety, Great people to work with
Cons
N/A
Valley hospital.
Intern (Former Employee) –  spokane valley, WashingtonAugust 23, 2013
typical day at work starts with doing pump rounds. then doing monthly PM's and fixing any work orders. i learned how to perform biomed work duties. the management is very good at what they do. my co-workers always are willing to teach new things to me and help me succeed, awaiting for parts to arrive would be the hardest part of the job. the best thing about the job is that you get to learn something new every day and you always need to use everything you know to do the job and it really puts you experience to the test.
Pros
Great co-workers.
Cons
parts take long to deliver.
High pace and challenging-which I enjoy
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spokane WashingtonAugust 28, 2013
I really enjoyed my postition at Valley Hospital and one of those reasons is "there was no typical day at work." Each day was new and fresh with different challenges. The most "typical" I would say is busy phones, alot of walk in interruptions by staff or patient family members with concerns. Because I support the "C suite", I also supported and assisted their directors. I enjoyed they relied on me and trusted I would carry the job out to fruition.
The most challenging of my job is when the Executive Assistant was on vacation or ill as I would function in her job as well as mine.
As far as "the most enjoyable part of the job", I would say--all of it. I just really enjoyed all aspects of my position. I enoyed those I reported to, the high pace..everything.
Pros
Strong ties to the community
Cons
very sad my position was eliminated due to budget contraints.
Good Benefits
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Valley, WAApril 13, 2015
This company had good benefits. The work was not very hard and the staff was very nice. They are an overall family orientated company to work for and they take care of their employees.
I love the Air Force
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAJuly 13, 2014
The Air Force is a great choice for a young person looking for a career or just a little life experience.

4.5