Valley Hospital and Medical Center Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Very good place to work
Pharmacy Tech Ii (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJJune 11, 2017
It was a nice enviroment to work and lived closer home. I loved everything about the place and co workers. System was updated every so often to keep the good national standard. I filled patients medications daily, made neonatal IV nutritional bags, chemotherapy mixed. Filled narcotics, reported to pharmacist in charge, trained new technicians on board.
nice coworkers
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 5, 2017
learned a lot and grew a lot in my profession,liked my supervisors and managers ,beautiful team work from my co workers,nice benefits,good parking lots
Pros
nice team work, good coworkers
Cons
rude patients at time, unfair executives
'Im grateful for the opportunity to have learned the hospital industry
EVS Attendant (Current Employee) –  600 Shadow LaneDecember 25, 2016
I do daily cleaning of hospital areas rotating areas until discharges are complete , I've learned the hospital policies , management is very nice to me , my co- workers are nice , my hardest part of the job is getting other departments to realize were a team destroying your areas after we clean them it gives a bad appearance of the hospital and to the patients families. My enjoyable time at work is lunch when we all sit down as a family to eat.
Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse- IMC (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 12, 2016
Pro Good place to get job experience for critical care but pay is on the lower end. However job advancement is possible and great learning experiences esp. for new nurses.
Pros
Benefits, Job security, Career advancements, overtime friendly, behavioral health unit.
Cons
Pay, nurse shortages, No pediatrics or OB
good team building experience.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Valley, WAJanuary 28, 2016
the job was really dependent on a team not one person could do the whole job themselves. Started the morning going through my stock list getting my area ready to do the job at hand. made sure the food was good, fast, and served with great customer service.
Pros
free lunch, good benefits
Cons
bad pay, hard to advance with out a degree
Worst career move ever
nursing director (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WADecember 12, 2015
Lack of reporting quality issues and serious safety events. When brought to their attention I was treated as an outsider. They talk about the work environment being "different" and expected employees to follow suit with their negative attitude toward Deaconess, their sister hospital. I was told on numerous occasions to not bring up that I worked there. I was given no guidance for a director level position and was set up to fail. ACNO was not open to anything that resembled a change. Nurse/patient ratios were horrific and the focus was on productivity, not patient care or safety. That being said, the nursing staff worked very hard to give good care and any lacking was due to understaffing.
Pros
Nursing staff are friendly and compassionate
Cons
Senior leadership, especially in nursing.
Volunteer
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WANovember 21, 2015
Shadowed by the Nurse Supervisor to help with charting and delivery of items to patients. In addition to this, I was also tasked with filing and general office work.
Pros
Flexibility, Variety, Great people to work with
Cons
N/a
Good Benefits
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Valley, WAApril 13, 2015
This company had good benefits. The work was not very hard and the staff was very nice. They are an overall family orientated company to work for and they take care of their employees.
I love the Air Force
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAJuly 13, 2014
The Air Force is a great choice for a young person looking for a career or just a little life experience.
Cons
High pace and challenging-which I enjoy
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spokane WashingtonAugust 28, 2013
I really enjoyed my postition at Valley Hospital and one of those reasons is "there was no typical day at work." Each day was new and fresh with different challenges. The most "typical" I would say is busy phones, alot of walk in interruptions by staff or patient family members with concerns. Because I support the "C suite", I also supported and assisted their directors. I enjoyed they relied on me and trusted I would carry the job out to fruition.
The most challenging of my job is when the Executive Assistant was on vacation or ill as I would function in her job as well as mine.
As far as "the most enjoyable part of the job", I would say--all of it. I just really enjoyed all aspects of my position. I enoyed those I reported to, the high pace..everything.
Pros
Strong ties to the community
Cons
very sad my position was eliminated due to budget contraints.
Valley hospital.
Intern (Former Employee) –  spokane valley, WashingtonAugust 23, 2013
typical day at work starts with doing pump rounds. then doing monthly PM's and fixing any work orders. i learned how to perform biomed work duties. the management is very good at what they do. my co-workers always are willing to teach new things to me and help me succeed, awaiting for parts to arrive would be the hardest part of the job. the best thing about the job is that you get to learn something new every day and you always need to use everything you know to do the job and it really puts you experience to the test.
Pros
Great co-workers.
Cons
parts take long to deliver.