Valley Hospital Employee Reviews

intern
Intern (unpaid) (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJJanuary 10, 2018
this job was an internship for my high school, i shadowed docs and nurses it was awesome, was in the labor part for most of it and then also in pediatrics
Very stressful
Utilization Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 9, 2018
Excessive work duties, no work balance, no protection from management against being dumped on by other departments. The benefits and pay are very good.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits
Cons
no lunch
N/a
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 5, 2018
just a per diem nurse no benefits-great management that appreciate my hard work-tired of drive and expence of working away from my home-ACLS certified and currently woeking in fast paced PACU
Na
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ramsey, NJ 07446January 5, 2018
Great place to work for
Good pay
Everyone was a team player
Good managers
Manager was always around to help if needed
Great doctors
Great environment to work
Friendly
Monitor Tech (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 28, 2017
I monitor 48 patients heart rhythms and any changes in their heart I will notified the Nurse. I also answer calls and admit patients to the computer system. I also sterilize the wires and box's that come back from patients who were discharge. I also chart and do rhythm strips twice a day.
Workplace culture
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 22, 2017
A good place to work, can dress causal, managers are easy to work with, I enjoy the employee most of them are great, they come to me with issues re: payroll/benefits, they talk to you and not yelling at you.
Pros
good managment team
Cons
benefits are high
Good place to work, very busy
Certified Sterile Processing Tech (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WANovember 21, 2017
Good place to work, plenty of overtime if you wanted to work it, Friendly staff, fast paced. I enjoyed working for Valley hospital however I wanted something closer to home
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
kind of far from home
fun
Surgical Technologist Externship (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 20, 2017
The people here were amazing to work with. Doctors were always willing to teach you new things. I would recommend this place for anyone wanting to work in the medical field.
Caring and nurturing place to work
Staff Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJNovember 15, 2017
I enjoy working at Valley because I feel like the patient is the center of our treatment. We are very involved with our patients and see them through to completion of therapy.
loved working the hospital
Housekeeping II (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 25, 2017
i had a great manager the co workers were cool, i love conversating with the patients. it was a fun plae to work i dont remember ever really working hard
Pros
love the enviorment
Cons
the unio didnt fight hard enuff for us there
High Paced Customer Service
Imaging Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJOctober 25, 2017
Valley is a facility that aims high to provide exceptional patient services. Patient satisfaction is continuously monitored and employees are compensated is goals are met.
Attentive
Emergency Room Business Associate (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJOctober 19, 2017
Fast pace, team player, organized, alert, ready to trouble shoot. The hardest part of my job is dealing with different personalities. I've learnt a lot working in the emergency room different cultures and how to interact.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Shortage
Stressful and lack of support
Utilization Management Coordinator/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 18, 2017
The workload is so overwhelming and there is lack of support from management. If anything went wrong in another department, my department would get blamed for it and made to fix the issue.
Pros
The worst job in my life
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 3, 2017
Nurses at valley hospital are over worked. They are not given the time to even think about the patient care. The supervisors do not try to help you.No true patient ratios.
Pros
They recognize your birthday
Cons
Patient load
Productive and a good place to work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAOctober 1, 2017
This was a great job for someone that only wanted to work 4 hours a day only 3 days a week. They have awesome managent they are a great staff everyone is amazing. If I would have had more hours I wouldn't have ever left. It's a great job! Nothing negative to say about this job.
Pros
It was a great experience
Cons
The hours weren't the best.
Great place to practice skills
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) (Current Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WASeptember 21, 2017
Since Valley is a smaller hospital, its a good place for new grads to practice skills without the pressure of the bigger hospitals. Its also a good place for upcoming retiring RTs as the atmosphere is pretty laid back most of the times.
The only down side is if you're looking for a place thats proactive and on the cutting edge of procedures and education - look else where!
not team based anymore
Director of Intake/ House supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 15, 2017
Cut throat business that is not always honest with their staff. The culture here has changed from bad to worse in the last 3 years. No support from management at this point and they do not value the opinion of their staff.
Awsome
Customer Service / Cook (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 14, 2017
Relaxed Environment. Great pay Served food to happy people Just an overall great employment experience!!!! I would love to go back and work there any time.
Pros
great pay with benefits
workplace
Pathologists' Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJSeptember 12, 2017
Valley hospital was a very good place to work. Everyone worked together as a team. The culture of the hospital was very good. People got along and were more productive because of it.
Ccu
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVSeptember 5, 2017
Room for advancement, continued education, manager fair and supportive with open door policy. Co-workers are supportive and always available to assist.