Valley Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and Friendly place to work
Registrar in Charge (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJFebruary 11, 2016
Valley is a great place to work. It is great to be treated like we are all part of a family. Valley does a great job in recognizing an individual for a job well done. Management seems to be to lax not as proactive as they should be. I love my co workers we work well together. I have learned to respect everyone because you never know what an individual can be going through. I learned how to work well with groups and as an individual.
Pros
High Recognition
Cons
Hard to advance in career
Excellent place to work
Pediatric/Adult Emergency Room staff./charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJApril 7, 2016
The Valley Hospital is a beautiful facility with excellent staff and administration. There is lots of opportunity for advancement and education. I would recommend this facility to work at and for your healthcare needs.
Great place to work with great care to patients and families
Prior Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Casemanagement and Social WorkFebruary 18, 2016
From prior experience it is a great work place to work along with great co workers. Great care was offered to patients and families.
Pros
Always thoughtful of the employees, rewards for work.
Valley Hospital Medical Center
Unit & Relief Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 13, 2015
Responsible for assisting the planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating the activities occurring in the nursing unit by performing clerical and receptionist duties, monitoring telemetry and maintaining the physical environment of the area.
Relief Staffing Coordinator/Scheduler preparing daily staffing schedule according to the matrix, reports, maintain department file for each staff member, helping to track and send renewal reminders for licensure/certification and other required training records etc.

Administrative Duties including but not limited to: Real time Scheduling; Organizing Files; Data Entry; Report Generation; collecting and reporting quality data, assisting House Supervisor to ensure efficiency within the departments along with other duties as assigned.
Excellent Team work, friendly work place
Environmental Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJSeptember 29, 2015
We all worked together and the management style was consistent. Everyone supported each other to make sure all jobs were perform to the highest level. The management staff ensure that everyone received the proper amount of training and re-training the employees when changes occurred. The hospital was family oriented and encouraged employees to find a balance between work and home. We had a cultural day where everyone share their cultural traditions by bring in a food dish from their country and shared stories.
Pros
Employee Friendly and Family Atmosphere, Management encourgement
Excellent hospital with excellent reputation
CNA, Oncology Unit (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 27, 2016
Latest Technology, machinery. Clean, educated staff and
excellent mix of doctors and specialists. Co workers were professional. Emotional working in the oncology unit.
Very friendly enviroment to work in
Cat Scan Technologist (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJApril 6, 2016
I enjoyed my time at The valley hospital. It was a very busy place to work but everyone was very friendly. I learned a lot there and will take those skills to further my career.
Beware!! Nurses who eat their young!
Psych RN (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 16, 2015
Most of the psych nurses here tend to eat their young. If you aren't normally a psych nurse don't expect to be treated with any type of respect. Most of them care only about when they will take their next smoke break and who is sleeping with who.
Pros
Pay is good.
Cons
Nurses and management
Excellent place to improve and learn new skills
Business Associate (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJJanuary 30, 2016
I learnt to value patients more and dedicate more time to them. Giving a great customer service help us grow out more. They provide great work schedules and time off.
Busy and productive work days
Lead Cook (Current Employee) –  PHOENIX, AZOctober 17, 2015
The work atmosphere is okay, we are always busy helpinh the patients, since we are a fairly small facility most of are very well aquainted with each other so it makes it comfortable to work there.
Pros
ACTIVITIES PLANNED FOR THE STAFF
Cons
PATIENTS BEING ALLOWED TO NOT FOLLOW RULES BY STAFF
Working with a wide variety of people
Emergency Department Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Valley, WASeptember 21, 2015
Every day is a new experience. Never gets boring. I assist nurses with patient care and needed supplies. Sanitize and stock patient rooms. Help out whenever needed and provide a firm, loving, and comfortable place for the patient.
Pros
Learn many new things.
Busy teaching hospital
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 20, 2015
The medical-surgical floors tended to be very fast paced but the job if doable. The quality of the managers was widely variable and while I was there the CNO was actively hostile to the nursing staff. Likewise the knowledge of the nursing varied widely and the education department was generally weak. The hardest part of the job was dealing with hostile physicians which the management made no effort to control.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Geographical location
Icu
RN-ICU & charge nurse & supervisor-Days (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 16, 2015
I transferred to Valley hospital to work in the ICU full time in a smaller hospital. I enjoyed the work but found out it was a slower pace. I was a charge nurse and a Supervisor.
Uplifting
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 3, 2015
Usually a typical day would consist of me clocking in and going to the specified unit I were to go to that day. Either I would be help feeding patients, getting water and refilling waters, cleaning beds, keeping some patients company. I learned that even just a simple smile can go a long way for someone in pain. It can really make their day. My co-workers were sometimes nice but they usually ignored me to the best of their ability. I could not blame them because I was only going to be there temporarily. The hardest part about my job would be finding where all the units were in the hospital. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing all the beautiful new born babies and being able to help all of the patients in need.
not a lot of fun or activities provided
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las VegasSeptember 7, 2015
Worked oo town, it is difficult to review as I was very home sick , hospital was moderate size, with adequate resources, the population was unstable .very frequent in turnover.
Pros
sometimes too busy for lunch
Cons
too much turnover in staff
Be afraid, be very afraid
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 14, 2015
They will lure you in after you've quit your other job, lie to you all the way through orientation, and by the time you hit the floor and see what Valley really is, it's too late.
Amazing place to learn
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 1, 2015
The staff was amazingly caring and efficient. Helped me learn many different aspect to the healthcare community. Would recommend working here if you want to get a different perspective on many aspects of healthcare
CST (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 21, 2015
I enjoyed my time working at Valley Hospital and am considering contact for rehiring. The staff and physicians were close bringing on a family like atmosphere.
hard working care giver
PCA (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJNovember 5, 2015
great working group who cares for all their employees. is willing to help you succeed no matter what. two thumbs up all the way to work here.
Professional environment
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJSeptember 29, 2015
Well-run organization
Supportive of personal/professional growth
Professional support staff
Community Hospital with strong academic approach