Valley Hospital Employee Reviews

Great and Fun place to work
Business Associate (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJSeptember 5, 2016
The Valley Hospital is a great place to work. The environment is pleasant, the compensation is good. The Higher ups are incredibly supportive and very attentive to your concerns. The quarterly bonuses really speak volumes to how the hospital is attentive to the patient care and also the employee's well being. My Supervisor, Manager, Director and VP are all key persons to lead a great team to it's best. They are pleasant and respectful and have the best demeanor an employee can ever ask for.

Team Valley is a great place to work and have fun acknowledging people and patients.
Pros
Celebrate birthdays, free breakfast and luncheons for staff
Cons
You will have negative people from time to time but if you know who you are, they won't phase you.
PCA (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJNovember 17, 2016
Valley hospital is a wonderful place to work. Everyone from the doctors to the volunteers greet you with a pleasant smile. Valley is a hospital that encourage you to better yourself.
Pros
Salary
Cons
The distant that i have to travel.
job security is good
Call Center Operator/Switchboard (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJAugust 30, 2016
difficult to transfer from one department to another. They cheap when it comes to give annual raise. The incentives are very low. However the health benefits are good
Cons
must work everyother weekends
Business Associate
Business Associate (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJApril 24, 2016
It is a great place to work. Co-workers are the nicest people you meet. You meet new people and doctors. It is a great job just that you get bored sometimes throughout the day and cannot do anything to fill the void. Management is great and works with you.
Pros
People are great to work with, Management works with you, Health insurance, 401K, Location, Times
Cons
We have to work weekends even if we are not nurses nor doctors, we have to work holidays as well, money isnt great, mandatory flu shot or no raise, shuttle to work unless you have been there for 8 years
A deeply meaningful career.
Clinical Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJNovember 22, 2016
After nearly twenty years of mostly working in labor and delivery and helping woman and families birth their children, I feel very strongly that i would like to take a 360 degree change and spend quality time meeting the needs of the elderly and helping them enjoy their golden years. I am flexible in my scheduling, I live close by. I would be honored and privileged to be given the opportunity to serve your populations and help them fully enjoy this golden time if given the opportunity. Thank you.

As far as a typical day at work at Valley Hospital, assignments and announcement are translated in an authoritarian manner. Co-workers and physicians are wonderful, hard working and very caring toward patients and each other. The unit is very busy and most of the time there is not ability to break.. It is hard to keep up with charting and nurses feel bad that they are unable to spend more quality time with the patients. Care is very good. Nurse and doctors of course sacrifice down time for patients. You become very good at multitasking and are in a flight or fight mode most days.
Pros
free coffee and water
Cons
short to no breaks in a very chaotic room
Productive and fun place to work
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 31, 2017
In a typical day in my last position I fulfilled requirements of direct patient care .Throughout the day I completed various administrative duties as well, including answering phones, drafting documents and emails, filing and greeting customers. I also provided strong customer service and resolved customer issues.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Rn
RN (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJNovember 22, 2016
Valley is a great hospital to work for. Pleasant employees, great environment to be working in. I work as an RN on the Orthopedic unit, very fast paced unit. Great management. Co-workers are always willing to help one another out.
Dysfunctional
Outpatient Admission Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 29, 2016
Helped clients fill out their paper work, going over each form with them. Giving them a tour of the department. Coordinating with the business office in going over financial responsibilities and collecting monies when needed. Utilizing the hospital’s medical records department by copying past patients medical records for our outpatient program. Faxing to the patients outpatient doctor for continuing continuity of care, notifying them of their patient being in our program. Collecting urine for random drug screening per request of our nurse/doctor. Created monthly reports for records, closed terminated records and completed chart audits. Updated departmental standard operating procedures and database to accurately reflect the current practices. Developed and created a more effective filing system to accelerate paperwork processing. Identified and resolved system and account issues. Successfully established effective systems for record retention by creating database for daily correspondence tracking.
Front Desk Receptionist: Greeted incoming visitors. Coordinated with all hospital departments in order to assist the needs of the visitor. Utilized office equipment. Answered multi-lined phones. Comforted visitors coming in requiring an assessment of their well-being. Upheld the policy and procedures of the hospital and HIPAA. Keeping the presence of the reception area in a tidy and welcoming atmosphere. Handled the receiving/sorting of the hospitals mail.

Co-workers: a mixture..enjoyed a lot of the people.
Hardest Part: Seeing the needed changes and administration
  more... not changing things..more concerned about making money.
Enjoyable: Helping patients that really wanted help. All the cross training opportunities.
Pros
Cross training, alot of over time
Cons
Expensive benefits
Work experience
Pharmacy Technician Externship (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 11, 2016
Although there are pro's and con's I enjoyed the work environment. I learned company policy and how an employee feels may not always agree but for the company and employment relations to balance there has to be a common ground.
Pros
Free uniforms
Cons
Breaks are not scheduled and vary deoending on situatuins situations
Well run medical Laboratory
Pathology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJDecember 30, 2016
My work consisted of grossing Pathology specimens,dictating the descriptions(which are transcribed by Office staff),related computer and photography work.I also assisted in forzen sections and autopsies.
Generally negative
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WASeptember 2, 2016
When I worked there the environment tended toward the negative. Most of the time employees grumbled about management and each other. The new company that bought out valley hospital tends not to treat their employees very well at all.
Pros
steady schedule
Cons
poor management
great place for intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJSeptember 9, 2016
I did my internship there and the Main OR staff was vey nice and great instructors. I learned a lot from them. They have given me the chance to do First Scrub for various surgeries such as orthopedics, open abdominal, vascular, Robotics and laparoscopic procedures.
They have given me the confidence and trained well to work in any facility. I am very happy that I got the opportunity to do my internship there.
a productive and hands on working environment
PCA/Tech/Nurse Assistance (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJAugust 27, 2013
a typical day at work is going in 10mins before the shift starts to get update infomation on the current patients that were there. I learn that there isnt an age limited to having a heart attact and stress start at any age. i learn how to draw blood proform ekg and take vital signs. i also learn that team work is very important to get situations handle and finishing a task. the management team has an open door policy which makes it easier to express thoughts or concerns about the work place. the hardest part of my job is doing my all and its not enough for a patients due to their illness they may still past on. i enjoy seeing a smile on the patients faces when the patient sees progress in their life through their stay with us from the help ans care that we provide.
Pros
great pay, great benifits, teaching work place, company events for all empolyees
Cons
short brakes, expensive healthcare, short staff
Busy teaching hospital
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 20, 2015
The medical-surgical floors tended to be very fast paced but the job if doable. The quality of the managers was widely variable and while I was there the CNO was actively hostile to the nursing staff. Likewise the knowledge of the nursing varied widely and the education department was generally weak. The hardest part of the job was dealing with hostile physicians which the management made no effort to control.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Geographical location
Supportive
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 5, 2016
The hours are long but the staff is very competent and caring about their patients. There is visible pride in the organization and a willingness to learn more skills and advance.
Outstanding Hospital
R.N. staff nurse, operating room (Current Employee) –  Same Day Surgery Operating RoomJune 5, 2016
The department I work in is very pleasant. My co-workers are my friends, everyone helps out when needed. You're not left to struggle or have to do everything by yourself, there is real teamwork. Unlike some departments, there are no cliques, no backstabbing. The management in my department is excellent. They care about providing excellent patient care and getting the job done, but additionally they also care about you.
Pros
my co-workers are team players
Cons
I work per diem
A great place to work
EMT – BLS (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJMay 17, 2012
A typical overnight at the Valley begins with rig check. We then check in with dispatch to give them our crew assignment and check for any pending jobs. If we have nothing pending, we report to our station where we are housed with a medic unit. A typical evening will be a mix of 911 jobs and transports out of the ED to other facilities. In between calls, we read, study, talk with the medics. I have written CEU classes for BLS and am working with another medic to institute a "sepsis alert" study in our hospital mirroring one done in CO.
Pros
great benefits and co-workers
Cons
too much paperwork not related to our job function
Productive and Friendly place to work
Registrar in Charge (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJFebruary 11, 2016
Valley is a great place to work. It is great to be treated like we are all part of a family. Valley does a great job in recognizing an individual for a job well done. Management seems to be to lax not as proactive as they should be. I love my co workers we work well together. I have learned to respect everyone because you never know what an individual can be going through. I learned how to work well with groups and as an individual.
Pros
High Recognition
Cons
Hard to advance in career
Excellent Nursing Care provided
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJMay 16, 2016
Valley Hospital is currently undergoing many changes within the nursing staff due to budget cuts. Many of the Nurses have been with the hospital for many years have to find new positions within the hospital or elsewhere due to floors closing and the weekend program being cut. This is the hardest part of the job....Job security is questionable.
Pros
my coworkers
Cons
job security
A new organization with a lot of potential to be a great service provider in the Area that offers above average care to all it's patients
Program/Unit Director (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 22, 2014
A typical work day started around 7:30 am with direct interactions with patients assisting staff with any issues that may arise during the day that affect the direct care and safety of the patients. Daily meetings with the management team to discuss operational issues that may affect the safety of the patients or staff members as well as program enhancements, Individual and group sessions as needed. I had the honor of working with some of the most dedicated individuals in the hospital on our 37 bed unit. These individuals had some of the highest integrity and really enjoyed their jobs which was evident by the amount of laughter that was done with each other and the patients.

The hardest part of my job was the inconsistency of direction.

The Most enjoyable part of my job was the patients and watching change happen, having a patient come in resistant to treatment and when they leave happy that they were at Valley Hospital and looking forward to continuing their treatment upon discharge.
Pros
great benefits, healthcare insurance, 401K, co-workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valley Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2