Valley Medical Center

Valley Medical Center Employee Reviews

Horrible
Coding Specialist II (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 6, 2016
This place is filled with people who are waiting for their retirement benefits to finally kick in. Incompetent management. Rampant favoritism. No growth opportunities. The only good thing is the benefits. Other than that the management is dishonest and they will do nothing to help you advance in your career. Morale is terrible and management doesn't care- they prefer it that way. Most managers are incompetent and only got their high paying jobs because their friends hired them. Avoid this dump like the plague.
Had loved working here until management change
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Renton, WADecember 22, 2016
I enjoyed all aspects of this job. My coworkers. Physicians,.technicians.hardest part of thee job was keeping schedules correct and updated. This was a big frustration for me as new supervisor not knowing how to produce schedules appropriately. I loved interacting with patients. I had a huge population that came to see me. As far as management was concerned it was always difficult to approach them. Made for a very uncomfortable work enviroment at times. For me it was time to move on. As i am looking for more structure and stable place to work.
Pros
It had been a great place to work. Four or five years ago
Cons
Over the past few years they have taken away alot of benefits. It used to be a great place to work, but the last three years these benefits have been taken way.
Valley Medical Center
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Renton, WADecember 6, 2016
Assisted with Primary and Urgent Care facility with quality patient care. Medication refills and prior authorizations, scheduling, rooming and discharging patients.
The management was management. I enjoyed my co-workers they were all great and very helpful.
Pros
Four 10s, 3day weekend, co-workers and compensation
Cons
long day for only 1 break, no perks, was not able to uplift the morale, very quite and robotic environment
Solid laboratory to work for
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJanuary 3, 2017
The staff in the laboratory was very flexible with staffing issues assuring good laboratory performance. Hematology analyzers were very good. At the time the coagulation analyzers were out dated. The have since been upgraded
Pharmacy In-patient Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 21, 2016
hile the demands and stresses of hospital work are many, so are the rewards that come from helping people in need. Hospital work is unique.
I enjoy my job at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center in Labor & Delivery, I just need to work close to home
CA-Labor & Delivery RN (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 30, 2014
I have been working happily as an L&D RN for the past eight years at Valley Medical Center but lately I have needed to add days to my schedule for the hours cut from 12hrs to 8hrs per shift. For this reason, I need to work closer to home in order to see my kids more.
My typical day at work includes a laboring patient 1:1, or circulating in the OR, or managing a preterm, gestational diabetic, or gestational hypertensive patient. Many of our patients here at VMC are Spanish speaking and I am bilingual.
The hardest part of my job is inducing a patient who has a fetal demise.
The most enjoyable part of my job is sharing the miracle of life with a happy couple.
Pros
reliable hours, 1:1 nurse/patient ratio/great teamwork/great management
Cons
recently hours cut forcing me to work more days/wk/away from home & kids
Good place to work to learn the basics and grow.
Health Information Clerk, III (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 18, 2015
A typical day at work is fairly quiet in my area. I learned that certain groups of people always stick together during breaks. Management has their plate full and don't seem to take notice of certain things that should be noticed and addressed. Enjoyable part of job is having the ability to grow and show you can do well. Not so enjoyable is when answers don't come soon enough.
Pros
management listens
Cons
short breaks, poor cell connection
A diverse workplace with motivated individuals
Student Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 15, 2014
VMC is a diverse place to work with motivated staff members and great patients. The facilities are dated but an extensive remodel is in progress. The staff at VMC makes it a joy to be at work. It is a teaching hospital, and as such the staff care about teaching students and preparing them for their careers.
Pros
staff, patients
Cons
short breaks, understaffed, condition of equipment
excellant work facillity
unit support assist./OR aide (Former Employee) –  san jose, californiaJanuary 19, 2012
great palce for advancement employers coworkers all top notch
Great place to work at
LVN (Current Employee) –  san joseJune 24, 2014
VMC is a great place to work at including staff, management and diversity.
Externship
MA EXTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 14, 2013
I did my externship at Valley Medical Center for a month 160 hrs. I was on the dermatology and arthritis department I learned about conditions and how they affect patients. The people who I worked around were really nice in Dermatology i got to assist biopsys. The hardest was when some patients were getting stressed about getting roomed in because they need to do something else. What I liked was assisting the doctors with the biopsy .
Fast paced & relaxed work environment
Office Specialist II (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 12, 2013
basic office work, mailing , scanning , multi phone lines, data entry etc. became medicare & medicaid certified. I enjoyed my team of co workers, due to diversity in the work environment. The most enjoyable part of the job : promote from within the company
Fun to work and a very productive environment
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 23, 2014
Liked working there a lot and people were very nice, work was repetitious but knew that in the beginning. The only thing bad was that the Manager micromanaged.
Pros
Work environment was very good.
Cons
Manager micromanaged
Very productive and busy place to work at.
Medical Assistant (OBGYN) (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 10, 2012
I had excellent training and learned alot fast. The doctor's were all great to work with as well as the staff.
Pros
gained alot of experience.
Cons
it was not a permanent position.
Enriching environment
Patient Transport (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 5, 2012
Daily operation of the hospital and working with patients and families. Worked with a dynamite crew that cared for all of the staff and had many potlucks and birthday reminders.
Pros
meeting new people daily
Cons
morgue
Great Place
Intern (Current Employee) –  Cardiac RehabMarch 17, 2015
Nice people to work with, Facility is clean,a dn people are willing to teach. I worked in the cardiac rehab clinic and they are all so sweet.
Great place to work.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 4, 2013
Great place to start out. Learned a lot from everyone here. Knows how to appreciate staff.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Workload can get overwhelming.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valley Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Valley Medical Center Reviews by Location