Valley Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Great
PSR/Lead Float Pool (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJune 8, 2015
I truly enjoyed working at Valley Medical the manager, co-workers and leads all worked together to make sure things got done. A typical day at Valley would start at 8am working the front desk, to answering , phone or records. No matter what time of day it was there was always something that need to be done and someone there to give a helping hand!
Pros
Drug Rep Lunches, Good Benifits, and room for advancement
Cons
Staffing Concerns
Radiation Therapy Customer Service
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAFebruary 23, 2016
This was my most rewarding position. We treated cancer patients daily for 6 weeks usually. I would always greet them with warm welcome and would do my best to make what they were going thru as good as possible. I would always learn their story and share mine. As well as checking the in & out with paying attention to details and accuracy. All receptionist duties were a piece of cake for me.
my day at work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 13, 2014
working at valley hospital was at time challenging, while at other times the best job I have ever had. visitors that come to the hospital to visit loved ones that were sick or having surgery it gives me reason to do the little things that I do. I have found that sometimes a simple smile or the littlest gesture can go a long way. I believe that Valley Hospital has molded me into more of a people person and more able to sense a person's needs before being asked.
Pros
free drinks, benefits, friendly staff
Cons
teamwork, no advancement, no challege
wonderful organization with horrible management
Lab Support (Former Employee) –  renton,waMay 22, 2014
I had to let go of my job that i worked over 8 years, to come here and join the VMC and i believe i was let go from VMC for personal reasons by manager since per union contract I was supposed to be provided a form which would explain why, and I never did. Manager is very rude and sweeps off people left and right like dirt by letting people go. Not sure how great company like Valley tolerates a manager like this. All I can say DO NOT WORK HERE as long as the manager that has been there for decades is still not retired (which is long overdue).
Pros
discount on food in cafeteria which is located upstairs, great benefits, pay
Cons
unappreciative management, favoritism, back stabbing
Previous employee
Staff Labor and delivery nurse, charge nurse (Former Employee) –  Renton, WANovember 13, 2015
I worked at Valley for 9 years and loved my job! I was a Labor and delivery RN BSN and wish I never left! I had one of the OB groups ask me to come and be the nurse manager in their office to help straighten it out. I then went to work at another Labor and delivery unit. I would go back to Valley in a minute all they need to do is contact me! It's a great hospital and a great place to work! !!
Pros
It's all good, their cafeteria is better than most!
Cons
It's nursing, breaks are what they are in nursing, I don't have real complaints!
Front desk Reception
front desk (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, AZJanuary 11, 2016
Opening office every morning and closing every night. Making and reschedule appointments, Taking in coming billing and Co-payments day of appointments. Always handling patients medical records and trying to answer question.
Pros
Working with patients
Cons
not able to help everyone.
Good benefits
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAMay 3, 2014
This was the worst job I had ever had. The only way j would ever return is if the manager were to retire and the leads would leave. It is a very hostile work environment and I can not believe VA allows them to work that way. If you are looking for life long career, DO NOT work here! Very cut throat!
benefits
Cons
short breaks, unfair management, stressful, leads, high turn over in workers, job security, unhappy coworkers
One of the best organizations to work for in the PNW
Business Applications Analyst (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAMay 1, 2012
They take care of their employees. The competitive salary, full benefits at no cost for employees and their immediate families are only a few of the things that make this a great organization to work for. About 70% of people I worked with have been there over 7 years. That says something about the quality of this organization as a whole. They make it a point to celebrate their "long-timers" by recognizing them at their 5, 10,15, etc year mark.
Remarkable place to work at
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAAugust 26, 2015
I have been working at Valley medical center for almost five years. Started working at the residency family medicine clinic and after three years transferred to urgent care. I completely love the schedule with being off for the first half of the week and working for the second. It works out great with my son's schedule and school. I love waking up in the morning to go to work and have a great feeling that there are people that I am going to be able to help that day. Every smile and thank you is worth a lot. It tends to get busy in the urgent care but that is very good to be able to move at a fast pace. Especially because I like to keep myself busy with patient or stocking supplies. It also makes a great difference when I am able to work well with management of a daily basis. Great coworkers that are able to understand each other even on a bad day when patients are not satisfied. The best part of my job is while taking care of elderly patients they tell me a little piece of they are life. Also taking care of children and put them at ease in the doctors office either with a sticker or just playing with them. Its a great feeling when at the end of the day you know you made a little bit of a difference.
Work crew overall was great
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAFebruary 15, 2014
The staff was great. Management needs improvement. Overall I was fairly happy there. I learned a great deal from most staff and doctors. My co-workers work easy to work with and lighti-hearted. The hardest part of the job was being understaffed. The most enjoyable part was the patients. I loved working with the patients. That was what the job was all about.
Pros
great benefits, great patients
Cons
short staffed, poor management
Fun workplace
Hospital Service Representative (Former Employee) –  751 South BascomAugust 20, 2015
Eye Clinic very busy office from elderly to young. Management was very professional with all employees. Register patients and verify insurances and take co-payments. File paper work and answer phones, scheduled appointments and verify appointments for the following day. The hardest part of the job was seeing the sick not get well and the best part of that job was seeing patients with new eye vision after surgery!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
healthcare
Work is a welcome family environment. I enjoy my team mates, and doctors.
Secretary/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, IDJuly 13, 2015
Typical work day would be: Main objective to make appointments according to the patient/doctor preference. Always welcoming new and transferring patients to VMC with ease through the transition of changing practices. I have learned the indepth side of EMR, Centricity, and ICD Coding. The management at VMC has had many changes over the last year, and VMC has worked hard on improving their management team and work environment. All my co-workers at VMC are dependable, and are more than willing to jump in and help. The hardest part of my job is upset patients, because it bothers me that I cannot always appease their needs to the fullest. The most enjoyable part of my job is to help someone out in their time of need, and get them what is needed. Just hearing the "Thank You", really makes my day. It is not the easiest job that I have preformed, but it is rewarding to help people.
Pros
EAC(Employee Appreciation Committee), and the unity of VMC to help each other in a time of need.
Cons
Changes of the company, but all things change.
Review
RN-ICU-Nights Cathy ?- manager (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 16, 2015
This was my first RN job right out of College. I learned alot the first few years, I took many classes and recieved my first ACLS and BLS as well other certificates. This hospital was on the cutting edge of Heart Ablasion. I taught a Pacemakers class. I also learned to be a charge nurse.
Strong sense of community
business operations analyst (Former Employee) –  Renton, WADecember 14, 2015
The employees of Valley Medical Center are truly committed to providing excellent care, both for the patient and for their families.
Teamwork is encouraged
Financial Manager, OHS Clinic (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAAugust 10, 2013
I have learned so many new skills at VMC. I work with a wonderful group of co-workers who are driven to ensure that our clinic is not only financially successful, but highly considered in the community.
benefits
Cons
top heavy management
Valley Medical Center
Medical Insurance-Follow Up (Former Employee) –  Renton, WANovember 7, 2014
A temporary job while they were transiting their department,
Pros
great salary 23.00 per hr
Cons
temporary assignment
Great place to work!
Imaging Assistant/Courier (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJanuary 29, 2014
Valley Medical Center is an excellent place to work. Lots of employees stay with VMC for many years. I had opportunity to meet lots of people. Employee oriented with great values!
Pros
excellent benefits.
Exciting and ever challenging work environment.
Journeyman HVAC Technician 1 (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAJune 25, 2015
Excellent facility to work at that thoroughly supports precision work and ongoing training! Upper management strongly supports the HVAC staff as well as all other trades with day to day operations, projects and long term goals. Overall it is a great place to work and support the surrounding communities.
Good place to work to learn the basics and grow.
Health Information Clerk, III (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 18, 2015
A typical day at work is fairly quiet in my area. I learned that certain groups of people always stick together during breaks. Management has their plate full and don't seem to take notice of certain things that should be noticed and addressed. Enjoyable part of job is having the ability to grow and show you can do well. Not so enjoyable is when answers don't come soon enough.
Pros
management listens
Cons
short breaks, poor cell connection
it was okay
Medical Assistant, Full-Time (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, WANovember 22, 2013
the 2 really good things about my job was the:

-Benifits and Pay
-my co-workers

cons:
-management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valley Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Valley Medical Center Reviews by Location