Valley Medical Center

Valley Medical Center Employer Reviews

I enjoy my job at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center in Labor & Delivery, I just need to work close to home
CA-Labor & Delivery RN (Current Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 30, 2014
Pros: reliable hours, 1:1 nurse/patient ratio/great teamwork/great management
Cons: recently hours cut forcing me to work more days/wk/away from home & kids
I have been working happily as an L&D RN for the past eight years at Valley Medical Center but lately I have needed to add days to my schedule for the hours cut from 12hrs to 8hrs per shift. For this reason, I need to work closer to home in order to see my kids more.
My typical day at work includes a laboring patient 1:1, or circulating in the OR, or – more... managing a preterm, gestational diabetic, or gestational hypertensive patient. Many of our patients here at VMC are Spanish speaking and I am bilingual.
The hardest part of my job is inducing a patient who has a fetal demise.
The most enjoyable part of my job is sharing the miracle of life with a happy couple. – less
One of the best Hopitals to work for
Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 19, 2014
During my time at Valley Medical Center I was able to advance my career from being a Surgical Tech to Nurse Manager to System Analyst. Valley is a very progressive hosiptal and was not affraid to be the first to attampt something new.
A great place to work!
Back Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Renton, WAAugust 14, 2014
I truly enjoyed working at Valley Medical Center! They do a lot for their employees, like discounted Mariners, Seahawks, and Sounders tickets.
Your co-workers are like family
Staff RN CCU (Former Employee), Renton, WAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: cohesive staff & very team oriented; fantastic doctors
Cons: not enough breaks
The best place I've ever worked! CCU is busy and patients are very sick. Everyone pitches in and all work together. They have state of the art equipment and supplies to aid in taking the best possible care of the patients. There is an excellent working relationship between the ICU doctors and ICU/CCU nurses. I wish I still worked there!
Educational with flexible schedule.
NEUROLOGICAL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Renton, WAJuly 15, 2014
Educational with flexible schedule. learned to stage while running a live studies(usually 2 studies a night).
Great place to work at
LVN (Current Employee), san joseJune 24, 2014
VMC is a great place to work at including staff, management and diversity.
wonderful organization with horrible management
Lab Support (Former Employee), renton,waMay 22, 2014
Pros: discount on food in cafeteria which is located upstairs, great benefits, pay
Cons: unappreciative management, favoritism, back stabbing
I had to let go of my job that i worked over 8 years, to come here and join the VMC and i believe i was let go from VMC for personal reasons by manager since per union contract I was supposed to be provided a form which would explain why, and I never did. Manager is very rude and sweeps off people left and right like dirt by letting people go. Not sure – more... how great company like Valley tolerates a manager like this. All I can say DO NOT WORK HERE as long as the manager that has been there for decades is still not retired (which is long overdue). – less
A diverse workplace with motivated individuals
Student Registered Nurse (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMay 15, 2014
Pros: staff, patients
Cons: short breaks, understaffed, condition of equipment
VMC is a diverse place to work with motivated staff members and great patients. The facilities are dated but an extensive remodel is in progress. The staff at VMC makes it a joy to be at work. It is a teaching hospital, and as such the staff care about teaching students and preparing them for their careers.
Good benefits
Medical Technologist (Current Employee), Renton, WAMay 3, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: short breaks, unfair management, stressful, leads, high turn over in workers, job security, unhappy coworkers
This was the worst job I had ever had. The only way j would ever return is if the manager were to retire and the leads would leave. It is a very hostile work environment and I can not believe VA allows them to work that way. If you are looking for life long career, DO NOT work here! Very cut throat!
productive and fun place to work at.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Renton, WAApril 26, 2014
Pros: seeing residents become real doctors.
Cons: need alot of patientce to work with residents
i loved working at valley medical center. i was treated well and paid well. If i didn't have my health problem at that time i would have never left. Valley was my home for last 10 years. i will miss it but i am ready to try something new.
Do NOT work here
RT (Former Employee), RentonMarch 26, 2014
Cons: bad management
Valley was bought out U of W, before this it was mis-managed, lost there RT director and never has recovered from this, employee's have gone on strike and quit. If you apply for any RT positions they never call you or make any contact.
Great benefits and pay
lab worker (Current Employee), Renton,WAMarch 24, 2014
Pros: sincere physicians who appreciate the fast turn around time of test results.
Cons: physicians and management who belittled staff without repercissions.
In a very productive department in the hospital, I feel that the director has her head in the sand like an Ostrich. The manager is like a bull dog allowed to treat anyone any way that she wants without repercussion. The manager is extremely abusive and belittling, and encourages coworkers to "tattle" on each other on a daily basis, and has shared personal – more... information of employees with other co-workers. I feel that an organization that teaches it's employees to be considerate of diversity, should make sure that the leaders of each department is actually practicing that. – less
Work crew overall was great
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Renton, WAFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: great benefits, great patients
Cons: short staffed, poor management
The staff was great. Management needs improvement. Overall I was fairly happy there. I learned a great deal from most staff and doctors. My co-workers work easy to work with and lighti-hearted. The hardest part of the job was being understaffed. The most enjoyable part was the patients. I loved working with the patients. That was what the job was all – more... about. – less
Nice workplace atmosphere
Registered Nurse II (Former Employee), Lewiston, IDFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: stable leadership and management
Cons: lack of communication and interaction with other departments
I had worked at VMC for 19 years and the only reason I left was because I was given the opportunity to work at a large university.
Great place to work!
Imaging Assistant/Courier (Former Employee), Renton, WAJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits.
Valley Medical Center is an excellent place to work. Lots of employees stay with VMC for many years. I had opportunity to meet lots of people. Employee oriented with great values!
No job security
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Flint, MIDecember 31, 2013
Pros: amount of work, keeping busy, pay
Cons: no job security, lack of strong employees, drama
They are constantly hiring and firing people. always training two-three people at times. Very busy practice thats needs solid, educated employees.
City Jail Nursing
Health Assessment RN Jail Health Services (Former Employee), Issaquah and Kent city jailsDecember 30, 2013
Pros: money, on call
Cons: on call as second job go for months with no hours then lots of hours
I loved my job and the coworkers i worked with, i could schedule when i wanted to work at first but after years of doing this the requirements changed and i was unable to hold up my end of the bargain because i worked two jobs and they were 2 1/2 hours apart, my supervisor chose to terminate the position instead of wait until i was available again, – more... i went for a year with no work offers and then worked almost fulltime, but this time it was 3 months without weekends available to work all that was available was week days i couldnt make it for the shifts so...... i am no longer there, now that i am available the job is no longer this sucks because i loved the job, hardest part of the job working day day evening then a 12 hour day shifts on weekends made yo really tired because weekends and friday evenings are the busiest at the jail lots of detoxers to be cared for – less
I like working here.
Nutrition Representative (Current Employee), Renton, WADecember 19, 2013
Pros: great medical insurance.
Cons: work part-time only.
This company offers great benefits... if working full-time...
Fast paced & relaxed work environment
Office Specialist II (Former Employee), San Jose, CADecember 12, 2013
basic office work, mailing , scanning , multi phone lines, data entry etc. became medicare & medicaid certified. I enjoyed my team of co workers, due to diversity in the work environment. The most enjoyable part of the job : promote from within the company
Great place to work.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), San Jose, CADecember 4, 2013
Pros: staff
Cons: workload can get overwhelming.
Great place to start out. Learned a lot from everyone here. Knows how to appreciate staff.

1 2 3