Valley Medical Center Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Hospital Service Representative (Former Employee), 751 South BascomAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
Cons: healthcare
Eye Clinic very busy office from elderly to young. Management was very professional with all employees. Register patients and verify insurances and take co-payments. File paper work and answer phones, scheduled appointments and verify appointments for the following day. The hardest part of the job was seeing the sick not get well and the best part of that job was seeing patients with new eye vision after surgery!
Work is a welcome family environment. I enjoy my team mates, and doctors.
Secretary/Receptionist (Current Employee), Lewiston, IDJuly 13, 2015
Pros: EAC(Employee Appreciation Committee), and the unity of VMC to help each other in a time of need.
Cons: Changes of the company, but all things change.
Typical work day would be: Main objective to make appointments according to the patient/doctor preference. Always welcoming new and transferring patients to VMC with ease through the transition of changing practices. I have learned the indepth side of EMR, Centricity, and ICD Coding. The management at VMC has had many changes over the last year, and VMC has worked hard on improving their management team and work environment. All my co-workers at VMC are dependable, and are more than willing to jump in and help. The hardest part of my job is upset patients, because it bothers me that I cannot always appease their needs to the fullest. The most enjoyable part of my job is to help someone out in their time of need, and get them what is needed. Just hearing the "Thank You", really makes my day. It is not the easiest job that I have preformed, but it is rewarding to help people.
Valley Medical Center
Medical Front Office Clerk (Former Employee), Hemet, CAJuly 6, 2015
i loved working in a fast pace family practice office with three doctors we would see more then 40 patients a day had to be multitask and fast
Exciting and ever challenging work environment.
Journeyman HVAC Technician 1 (Current Employee), Renton, WAJune 25, 2015
Excellent facility to work at that thoroughly supports precision work and ongoing training! Upper management strongly supports the HVAC staff as well as all other trades with day to day operations, projects and long term goals. Overall it is a great place to work and support the surrounding communities.
An overall great place to work.
Admitting Registrar (Former Employee), Renton, WAJune 17, 2015
I truly enjoyed working at Valley. The only Con for me was the commute. The commute up 167 was horrible every day and the employee parking is bad.
Great
PSR/Lead Float Pool (Former Employee), Renton, WAJune 8, 2015
Pros: Drug Rep Lunches, Good Benifits, and room for advancement
Cons: Staffing Concerns
I truly enjoyed working at Valley Medical the manager, co-workers and leads all worked together to make sure things got done. A typical day at Valley would start at 8am working the front desk, to answering , phone or records. No matter what time of day it was there was always something that need to be done and someone there to give a helping hand!
Good place to work to learn the basics and grow.
Health Information Clerk, III (Current Employee), San Jose, CAMay 18, 2015
Pros: management listens
Cons: short breaks, poor cell connection
A typical day at work is fairly quiet in my area. I learned that certain groups of people always stick together during breaks. Management has their plate full and don't seem to take notice of certain things that should be noticed and addressed. Enjoyable part of job is having the ability to grow and show you can do well. Not so enjoyable is when answers don't come soon enough.
Fast paced environment where patients come first
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee), Renton, WAApril 9, 2015
Pros: free parking
Cons: inability to advance in company unless medical/nursing degree or certification is obtained
I work at one of the primary care clinics as a PSR for 6 busy doctors. A large majority of the day is spent answering multi line telephones, taking Epic messages to relay back to medical staff, checking and responding to Mychart messages, processing referrals, checking in patients, collecting copays and verifying insurance. I enjoy going to work because of the great team that I work with. Everyone is helpful, supportive and we all have a common goal; making our patients first.
Love people with whom I work
Receptionist (Current Employee), Lewiston, IDMarch 22, 2015
Pros: coworkers
Cons: administrative changes
The department in which I work is extremely busy, with as many as eight providers on some days. I love the challenge of learning new things each day, even after 4 years.
Great Place
Intern (Current Employee), Cardiac RehabMarch 17, 2015
Nice people to work with, Facility is clean,a dn people are willing to teach. I worked in the cardiac rehab clinic and they are all so sweet.
wonderful company to work for
Staff RN - General Medicine/Oncology (Current Employee), Renton, WAMarch 5, 2015
great coworkers and charge RNs. Teamwork is wonderful. Supportive environment. Great setting/place to learn and build a good ground work for nursing. Challenging, but very satisfying work as well.
Good patient care experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Renton, WADecember 24, 2014
I learned a great deal about patient care in a hospital setting. I took care of about 8 patients per day. I worked with other staff nurses. I enjoyed taking care of patients post-surgical procedures.
my day at work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 13, 2014
Pros: free drinks, benefits, friendly staff
Cons: teamwork, no advancement, no challege
working at valley hospital was at time challenging, while at other times the best job I have ever had. visitors that come to the hospital to visit loved ones that were sick or having surgery it gives me reason to do the little things that I do. I have found that sometimes a simple smile or the littlest gesture can go a long way. I believe that Valley Hospital has molded me into more of a people person and more able to sense a person's needs before being asked.
Private contractor, their really isnt anything good to say
Custodian (Current Employee), Tacoma, WaDecember 10, 2014
It was a horrible experience but i do credit the company for teaching me how to clean floors and carpets properly. It was horrible in the sense of when it came to get paid a couple of times i didnt receive all my money and had to wait for certain lengths at a time to get it.
VMC is a busy hospital with great staff.
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), Renton, WADecember 9, 2014
Pros: good educational opportunities, excellent coffee
Cons: often short staffed.
Valley Medical Center is always striving for the best, so we have lots of new oppurtunities to learn and grow. The health Unit Coordinators all work 12 hrs. so we are always learning new things. The best part of my job is meeting new people and connecting with my co-workers.
Great
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), Renton, WADecember 3, 2014
Great place to work everyone is cheerful and happy. Everyone understands the struggle of learning something and are always willing to assist.
Lots of nice people to work with.
Desktop Technician (Former Employee), Renton, WANovember 26, 2014
Pros: discount lunches.
I worked with a lot of dedicated people that took their job seriously. That is important to me. I can't wait to work with them again in the near future. I love the location of this job because the commute was great for me and short. That made it possible to get my child off the bus when he got home after school.
ok
Lab Assistant / Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Renton, WANovember 18, 2014
Loved walking around
disliked the people everyone was always angrey
Valley Medical Center
Medical Insurance-Follow Up (Former Employee), Renton, WANovember 7, 2014
Pros: great salary 23.00 per hr
Cons: temporary assignment
A temporary job while they were transiting their department,
For God's sake Med Techs don't work night shift at VMC!
Medical Technologist (Former Employee), Renton, WAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: nice updated equipment, true generalist work, good benifits, nice co-workers.
Cons: max stress, extremly busy, hostile and punitive.
This entire Lab is stressed to the max, but nights is the whipping boy. I've worked in other very busy stat labs but this place is horrible. I don't mind working my rear off, the day flies by. I loved the work, very much generalist work and they have a lot of nice new updated equipment. But the manager ruins the atmosphere. They're down 2 techs because the manager continues to run people off. (btw, they only advertise one at a time) When they hire someone they often don't last through the training period. You do lots here, nights/evenings do micro as well and it requires a 3 month training period and you need to be able to work short immediately for night shift. A major problem is that you're often put into positions where you can't follow protocol. I had 5 blood gases and 3 critical values in Chemistry and 4 critical values in Hematology. I was alone because the other tech was setting up a critical positive blood culture in Micro. There's no way to run the blood gases and call 7 critical values with in the 10 minute time frame allowed for each critical???

The manager rules with a negative attitude and pits people against each other. She encourages write-ups and has employees rate each other and tells you about random negative comments people say. The shifts are not treated equally and the leads tend to write up nights the most since they're writing up such trivial stuff they don't want to give them to the tech working next to them. The manager keeps an excel spread sheet with your mistakes, every one punitive and equal. If you entered a result wrong that counts the same as – more... putting dots (10.9.14) on your dates cause she likes slashes10/9/14. The Quality Assurance Reports where created as a learning process but they are all punitive. You work your guts out every night and in the AM all you see is angry faces, the atmosphere brings out the worst in everyone.

The Union rep says that she goes to Valley for more disciplinary reasons than all her other hospitals combined, that says it all. – less