Valley Medical Center Employee Reviews

Valley Like Family
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Renton, WANovember 9, 2017
I love working at valley its a great place with a lot of opportunity. Its been a great experience here and would recommend other to work here. Workers here at valley our awesome
Great team to work for
EA Administration / Clinic Manager Training (Former Employee) –  Renton, WANovember 8, 2017
VMC is a great organization to work for. The are focused on their employees, they work towards a common goal and always put the patient first.
A typical day at work was always very busy; however, no matter how busy things were, the executives always treated people with respect.
Unit Coordinator / CNA (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 1, 2017
Very busy work environment, learned a lot about working in a hospital setting. Management was great to work with. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with the patients and helping them everyday!
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Stress
Lots of fun!
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, IDSeptember 19, 2017
Working here is a blast! I love working here with all of the smiling faces and I absolutely love pediatrics! These babies are just so cute! I love my bosses and coworkers as well!
Hostile work environment
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Pennsburg, PASeptember 13, 2017
Policy and procedure expectations not equal across the board. Favoritism obvious creating hostile work environment. Patients entertained with back office confrontations.
Great co workers from the front desk to the lab
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kent, WASeptember 3, 2017
I left my job because of a recent move so my commute time tripled and left me almost no time to spend with my kids so I decided to start my business as a childcare provider from home
Pros
Good competitive pay
Cons
hours earned towards vacations accrued slowly
Great team work
Neonatal Intensive Care Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAAugust 29, 2017
-great team work
-support from management
-competitive pay
-good benefits
-providers always listen to nurses concerns
-always room for advancement
-busy floor
Pros
free parking
Cons
sometimes short staffed
Great small community to work
Application Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAAugust 29, 2017
I will recommend as one of the best place to work because of its Values and Missions. Most of the people felt like a family. They are willing to support and are all friendly and accommodating.
Productive working environment.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Juneau, AKAugust 24, 2017
Good work environment.
Good wages.
Great benefits.
Pretty good people to work with.
The hours I needed to work did not work with my family's schedule,
Best place I have ever worked so far!
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAAugust 6, 2017
Before I worked at Valley I had been out of school 2 years and had interned at many hospitals but work at two and Valley was my third. It was kind of mind blowing once I got in my own groove of things after orientation. I was excited to see how well everyone worked together. How nice management was and how willing they were to help. Now this could be a difference I noticed because I came from a "right to work" state (TN) to union (WA). Nurses, RTs, PCAs, Discharge planners, Doctor's etc all worked well and were very nice for the most part! All of the ICU intensivists are very intelligent and approachable! And you got your breaks for the most part unless everybody's load was full and busy.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Cafe is pricey because they charge for every little thing
a great place to work
Customer service, worked closely (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJuly 28, 2017
Valley Medical Center provides a career opportunity for everyone, lots of opportunity for growth, great training, great management, great staff to work with/
Patient Service
Patient Service Representative/Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJuly 21, 2017
Organize your day and time management 1st thing - put charts and documents in order of importance - check message requests and take care of all urgent work - coordinate results and reporting to MD. .phones and schedule as needed.
Love working with people
hard parts- attaining review results from medical departments in timely and promised time.
Nothing is too hard - do a good job 1st time so you don't have to repeat work!
Pros
Patients and company satisfaction
Cons
sometimes you cant get your work done due to staff shortage
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJuly 14, 2017
I have worked for Valley Medical Center and was recently laid off. I am on a waiting list to return. This is a great organization to work for. Cant wait to return!
Good experience
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAJune 29, 2017
I have learned a lot at Valley Medical Center. The staff is friendly. Scheduling is very laid back. You come in on any day or time that works for you.
could be better with a different manager
Full time discharge planner (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAJune 19, 2017
Very poor manager with no experience in the work. Constantly made promises that were never kept so no trust. Talked badly about other workers, then talked badly behind their backs. The worst manager I've ever experienced.
Mail/Transcriptionist
Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, IDJune 19, 2017
Sometimes stressful. Combining mail and transcription is a complicated task sometimes. Days can be very stressful catching up on both positions. There can be a lot of transcription that needs to be caught up on.
Lapl
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Granada Hills, CAJune 13, 2017
A typical day at work at the libary would be assisting families find books and directing them to certain places. I also assisted helping with book scanning and club organized by the library.
Remarkable Employer
Quality Improvement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJune 7, 2017
Valley Medical Center is an outstanding employer in the Seattle WA area. Management, recognition of employees and compensation is without equal. The opportunity to affect change is the most enjoyable part of being an employee.
Pros
Free Parking
Love them
Receptionist for Radiology Department (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, IDMay 16, 2017
I love valley medical center as an employer! very helpful, family orientated, and driven agency. This is the kind of company you want to work for if ever given the opportunity, it was also nice to be able to advance in the agency and feel supported along the way.
Review of Valley Medical Center
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAMay 2, 2017
I worked in the hospital and a clinic. They were both stressful. There was a lot of expected of everyone, even a new employee and especially a lot of expectations for the compensation. The increases in pay were very minimal too.

Management in my first job listened to the lead, not the employees explanations to situations. It was was very one-sided. However, in my second position, the management was awesome so it depends on the area you are working. I guess this can be the case for many companies.
Pros
The medical coverage at the time was very good.
Cons
Like I said, the compensation and pay increases. Also, the manaagement in my first position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valley Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2