Valley Medical Group

Valley Medical Group Employee Reviews in United States

Awkward
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, MAJuly 19, 2016
Staff discusses private patient issues loudly in the hallway.

Disorganized offices, messy paperwork falling off shelves and lazy staff who puts off getting work done.

The company rid of a large amount of staff nearly a year ago due to budget cuts and they still haven't caught up with the leftover workload. They still cannot afford to properly teach anybody to do the work.
Pros
Cons
Disorganized company
mait/custodial
mait/ custodial (Current Employee) –  Amherst, MAMay 13, 2015
Not enough hrs to make it worth while I lost money in gas alone. promises were not kept for mileage allowances and cola raise. the crew and I were caught in the middle of an on going fued between my boss and his and it made it hard to work there because of it. That and they would not give us the equipment we needed to the jobs asked of us.
Pros
good forman
Cons
they never lived up to their promises
Terrible Place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, MAApril 21, 2012
People are rude, treat you with no respect. Management is worse, this is where the attitude stems from. No raises, minimum pay/ benefits. You are only allowed to do certain tasks making it so you don't get to utilize any of your skills. They treat their employees terrible.
Pros
get to utilize some of your skill.
Cons
rude people, long hours, disrespectful, minimum pay, no room for advancement
Phlebotomy
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, MANovember 16, 2015
Worked this job n the lab obtaining blood specimens through venipuncture. Spinning down specimens, assisting with patient care and education. Working as a team in a large medical group.
Pros
Loved being a phlebotomist. Seeing a variety of different patients
Cons
Short breaks
Not a good place to work if you want a raise
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Florence, MAJuly 22, 2013
I worked there for five years with only cost of living increases. If you are staff, reception, medical assisting, nursing, etc, do not expect to get a raise. They did not give one to anyone during the five years I spent there. They also will fire you for just about anything. There was a rash of firing single mothers especially during my time there. Glad to have left the place.
Cons
no breaks, unpaid full hour lunch breaks, no appreciation if working ot, but will call you out the minute you call out due to illness
enjoyed working with the public
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Florence, MAFebruary 19, 2015
I liked coming to work knowing that I was going to be helping people with what they needed patient care wise. I learned to be patient and worked very well as a team player and also independtly. Management wasn't always professional or courteous. I liked working with my co-workers. They helped me when I needed it. I think the hardest part of my job was when a long time patient that I got close to passes away. I looked forward to seeing the frequent patients that would come in weekly. They really notice when you're not there.
Pros
better wages
Cons
increase in healthcare fees.
Very busy workplace with good coworkers but poor management
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Amherst, MAApril 21, 2013
I am one of the first people to arrive at work every day. Make sure everything is open and up and running for others when they come in. If a doctor needs any changes to a schedule, they will seek you out to have you take care of it for them. Management tries to be strong, but if pretty much ruled by a FEW doctors. The coworkers that I work with in my department are very hard working and can be fun to work with. The hardest part of my job, is when there is a total lack of respect shown to someone. The most enjoyable is seeing a patient taken care of and leaving our office knowing we did what we could to help this patient.
Pros
hard to think of any
Cons
lack of respect, no breaks, accusations, working so short staffed.
Difficult company to work for
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Florence, MAJune 7, 2014
I'm not sure what to write about VMG. I had a lot of trouble with this company from the start as I did not fit in and it was made clear from the start that this was the case but I did try my best. This company had a culture that was not very accepting of individuality and it made it hard for those that stood out to find their way. Advancement opportunities were also lacking and as someone who had, at one time, wanted to become an advanced practice nurse, this was a deal breaker for me.

The most wonderful aspect of this job was the patient contact. I met so many amazing individuals from many different cultures and backgrounds and I learned something new from each of them. I was given the opportunity to help each of them in some small way each time I met with them and I'm so grateful for that. I wish I could have done more but knowing I was able to help someone smile if they had a bad day and show that someone cared was enough for me.

The hardest part for me was seeing sick or injured people suffering or hearing about a patient I had grown attached to had passed away. This, I think, was ultimately what became the worst part of the position. It's never easy to see someone pass on and when it becomes common in your job, it's just not something some people can handle and, for me, it wasn't getting any easier. Lastly, my body just couldn't keep up with the physical demands.
Pros
helping people
Cons
feeling excluded by coworkers, discrimination
Wonderful place to work.
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, MAMay 2, 2012
Management and co-workers wonderful to work for and with. Excellent team work. Greatest friendships made. Benefits amazing.
Challenging but Interactive Workplace
Billing Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, MAJune 27, 2015
Managed the Medical Billing Department and ensured compliance and seamless processes throughout the practice.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the growth of my staff.
Daily in take of patient, Handling patient cases and administer medicationif needed
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Florence, MAJune 23, 2014
First I do is review the days schedule of patient flow. Discuss with doctor the patient schedule. Review and approve any Medication refills if they fix company regulation. Patient in take, get vitals perform E.K.G. if needed. Be fast and efficient be a team player and organize. The hardest part of my job was trying to keep patient flow on time. I love when people recover from their from their previous sickest. I love dealing with the decision making to better for the well being of an individual. What i learned at the job is analyzing patient symptoms and learn how to asset the situation. For example if patient comes in with LLQ pain and its hurts when they urinate, I take a urine sample. I am resourceful and dependable a great asset for my future employer.
Pros
1 hour lunch, christmas bonus
Cons
some time very stressful environment everybody wants attention at the same time
Fantastic team environment.
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Florence, MAJune 3, 2014
This is a great place to work! Everyone is really friendly and willing to help out. Team meetings are held weekly to keep everyone informed of changes, accomplishments and concerns.
Pros
free lunches, work hours, benefits.
Cons
short breaks
Friendly and dynamic workplace.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Florence, MAMarch 30, 2012
Everyone was always friendly. Multiple discipline practice that caters to the community.

2.8