Valley Medical Group Employee Reviews

Not so great
Business Associate (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJMay 16, 2017
Depending on which Medical Group you are in is important. Certain groups have poor management and its hard to get HR to really help control the situation.
Excellent place to work, you really feel like you are part of a team.
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, MAMay 3, 2017
Valley Medical Group is an excellent place to work. Everyone is welcoming and friendly. Questions are always welcome as Health Care is constantly changing. Everyday there is something new to learn. One has to be willing to work in a fast pace environment.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Alternative Sauturday urgent care work days
Co-workers are very nice
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJApril 17, 2017
My typical day at work is getting the doctor's schedule together for his patient appointments.

Working at VMG you get to meet a lot of people, some maybe not feeling well but with seeing you and your smile it just brightens there day.
n/a
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAApril 17, 2017
the staff was really fun to work with but sometimes they need to hear of bed side manners and have a little compation. when you first step in there you feel uncomfortable until you get to know them.
Very lovable patients
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Clifton, NJMarch 6, 2017
Patients were very loving, but some employees were rude. Hours were very understandable. Doctors were easy to work with and the ability to grow was also there.
Pros
Patients, Benefits, Hours
Cons
Employees
can gain experience
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Amherst, MAFebruary 22, 2017
learned to work in fast-paced busy medical center. Seeing and getting to know certain patients on a daily basis is rewarding. The benefits for this job are great, 401k, health insur, life insur.
very nice
B/A (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJFebruary 3, 2017
just started - not much to say as of yet
everyone seems to be nice
job is somewhat demanding and management does not seem to have it together quite yet
Productive and awarding place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Easthampton, MANovember 29, 2016
I enjoyed working at Valley Medical Group. It was a stressful and busy environment but I learned many skills and how to interact with a different clientele. My favorite part of the job was being busy the entire day but I wish I knew more about insurance and authorizations. I was responsible to learn that skill on my own which made it frustrating.
Awkward
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, MAJuly 19, 2016
Staff discusses private patient issues loudly in the hallway.

Disorganized offices, messy paperwork falling off shelves and lazy staff who puts off getting work done.

The company rid of a large amount of staff nearly a year ago due to budget cuts and they still haven't caught up with the leftover workload. They still cannot afford to properly teach anybody to do the work.
Pros
Cons
Disorganized company
Good starter job
Medical Office Assistant /Procedure Technician (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 7, 2016
At Valley Medical Group i was afforded the opportunity to work in the diabetic center, where y I was thought different diabetic protocols and procedures
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
Pay
Phlebotomy
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, MANovember 16, 2015
Worked this job n the lab obtaining blood specimens through venipuncture. Spinning down specimens, assisting with patient care and education. Working as a team in a large medical group.
Pros
Loved being a phlebotomist. Seeing a variety of different patients
Cons
Short breaks
Challenging but Interactive Workplace
Billing Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, MAJune 27, 2015
Managed the Medical Billing Department and ensured compliance and seamless processes throughout the practice.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the growth of my staff.
mait/custodial
mait/ custodial (Current Employee) –  Amherst, MAMay 13, 2015
Not enough hrs to make it worth while I lost money in gas alone. promises were not kept for mileage allowances and cola raise. the crew and I were caught in the middle of an on going fued between my boss and his and it made it hard to work there because of it. That and they would not give us the equipment we needed to the jobs asked of us.
Pros
good forman
Cons
they never lived up to their promises
enjoyed working with the public
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Florence, MAFebruary 19, 2015
I liked coming to work knowing that I was going to be helping people with what they needed patient care wise. I learned to be patient and worked very well as a team player and also independtly. Management wasn't always professional or courteous. I liked working with my co-workers. They helped me when I needed it. I think the hardest part of my job was when a long time patient that I got close to passes away. I looked forward to seeing the frequent patients that would come in weekly. They really notice when you're not there.
Pros
better wages
Cons
increase in healthcare fees.
Daily in take of patient, Handling patient cases and administer medicationif needed
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Florence, MAJune 23, 2014
First I do is review the days schedule of patient flow. Discuss with doctor the patient schedule. Review and approve any Medication refills if they fix company regulation. Patient in take, get vitals perform E.K.G. if needed. Be fast and efficient be a team player and organize. The hardest part of my job was trying to keep patient flow on time. I love when people recover from their from their previous sickest. I love dealing with the decision making to better for the well being of an individual. What i learned at the job is analyzing patient symptoms and learn how to asset the situation. For example if patient comes in with LLQ pain and its hurts when they urinate, I take a urine sample. I am resourceful and dependable a great asset for my future employer.
Pros
1 hour lunch, Christmas bonus
Cons
Some time very stressful environment everybody wants attention at the same time
Difficult company to work for
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Florence, MAJune 7, 2014
I'm not sure what to write about VMG. I had a lot of trouble with this company from the start as I did not fit in and it was made clear from the start that this was the case but I did try my best. This company had a culture that was not very accepting of individuality and it made it hard for those that stood out to find their way. Advancement opportunities were also lacking and as someone who had, at one time, wanted to become an advanced practice nurse, this was a deal breaker for me.

The most wonderful aspect of this job was the patient contact. I met so many amazing individuals from many different cultures and backgrounds and I learned something new from each of them. I was given the opportunity to help each of them in some small way each time I met with them and I'm so grateful for that. I wish I could have done more but knowing I was able to help someone smile if they had a bad day and show that someone cared was enough for me.

The hardest part for me was seeing sick or injured people suffering or hearing about a patient I had grown attached to had passed away. This, I think, was ultimately what became the worst part of the position. It's never easy to see someone pass on and when it becomes common in your job, it's just not something some people can handle and, for me, it wasn't getting any easier. Lastly, my body just couldn't keep up with the physical demands.
Pros
helping people
Cons
feeling excluded by coworkers, discrimination
Fantastic team environment.
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Florence, MAJune 3, 2014
This is a great place to work! Everyone is really friendly and willing to help out. Team meetings are held weekly to keep everyone informed of changes, accomplishments and concerns.
Pros
Free lunches, work hours, benefits.
Cons
Short breaks
Not a good place to work if you want a raise
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Florence, MAJuly 22, 2013
I worked there for five years with only cost of living increases. If you are staff, reception, medical assisting, nursing, etc, do not expect to get a raise. They did not give one to anyone during the five years I spent there. They also will fire you for just about anything. There was a rash of firing single mothers especially during my time there. Glad to have left the place.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, unpaid full hour lunch breaks, no appreciation if working ot, but will call you out the minute you call out due to illness
Very busy workplace with good coworkers but poor management
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Amherst, MAApril 21, 2013
I am one of the first people to arrive at work every day. Make sure everything is open and up and running for others when they come in. If a doctor needs any changes to a schedule, they will seek you out to have you take care of it for them. Management tries to be strong, but if pretty much ruled by a FEW doctors. The coworkers that I work with in my department are very hard working and can be fun to work with. The hardest part of my job, is when there is a total lack of respect shown to someone. The most enjoyable is seeing a patient taken care of and leaving our office knowing we did what we could to help this patient.
Pros
hard to think of any
Cons
lack of respect, no breaks, accusations, working so short staffed.
Wonderful place to work.
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, MAMay 2, 2012
Management and co-workers wonderful to work for and with. Excellent team work. Greatest friendships made. Benefits amazing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valley Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6