Valley Mental Health

Valley Mental Health Employer Reviews

Intense workplace
Adolescent Counselor (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 26, 2014
Pros: teaching skills groups that are easily received by the clients.
Cons: no breaks, high-stress, iffy coworkers.
Working here, you're magnetically locked in the complex with 8 young delinquents (male or female). There is constantly bickering and fighting among the clients and there isn't enough staff to keep the negative behaviors to a minimum without using over-assertive tones. High stress job and you'll seldom get a kid in there that believes in the program and respects the staff 100% of the time.
Excellent company
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Park City, UTJune 13, 2014
Really enjoy starting a laboratory from the very beginning. I learned every aspect of how a laboratory works, from the billing, computers, instrument, supplies, etc.
Difficult and stagnant
Staff Development Trainer (Current Employee), Murray, UTFebruary 25, 2014
This company is struggling right now internally with no clear vision of the future of this company.
An enjoyable place to work. Never dreaded a Monday.
Citrix Administrator (Current Employee), 5965 S 900 E, Murray UTFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: state retirement, awesome management, creativitiy encouraged.
Cons: under staffed. no proper it triage in place.
A typical day usually started with resolving any network or user issues after which we were able to work on projects.

I learned a great deal about Citrix, VMWare, Windows 2008 R2, Powershell and VB scripting.

Management was great. We were always encouraged to learn new technologies and able to work on projects without being micro-managed.

I made a lot of life long friends with co-workers. Everyone was more than willing to share knowledge and experience.

Hardest part of the job was probably not being able to work on projects without distraction.

Best part of the job was to implement and learn about new technologies.
Fun Place to work An close to home
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Morgantown, WVNovember 20, 2013
Valley is an ok place to work for they could do a lot of thing different though to keep staff..
Valley Mental Health
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UtahSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: health and dental benefits
Cons: too much work and too little staff
I learned much in my 13 years at Valley Mental Health. I learned how important but how overlooked mental health and substance abuse is viewed by the community in general. The hardest part of my job was the never ending over extended meetings. I would have to agree with the former Mayor Peter Corroon's assistant when she said that Mayor Corroon believed no meeting should ever last more than 30 minutes. I most enjoyable part of Valley Mental Health was that I found some incredibly talented people who want to make a difference to the forgotten people with mental illness.
Company in transition
Program Manager/Assistant Unit Director (Current Employee), Carmen B. Pingree CenterJuly 7, 2013
Carmen B. Pingree Center is an outstanding program. Excellence, teamwork and person centered care are top priority. Great staff, great families.
great job for someone who can tune out babies crying all the time
Group Leader (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 29, 2013
Pros: nice supervisor, understanding of issues yet made no effort to change them
Cons: bad work environment when it came to the building and equipment
unsanitary work environment...worked with children in VERY small rooms without the proper equipment to work with children. Other employees had either no work experience or no knowledge of their job which posed risks to clients.
I enjoyed helping the client and staff.
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 29, 2012
Pros: enjoyed helping the clients and co-workers
Cons: wasn't a postive job.
Set appointments for clients with the Doctor for their Meds or see their social worker.
File
answer phone take messages.
Co workers were fine I got along with them all. The hardest part of my job was the management. My supervisor was rude if I did something she didn't like she wouldn't take me in her office she would yell or tell me off in front of co workers and the clients..
Rehab Aide (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 9, 2012
They are a great employer. Everyone knows who you are, on all management levels. Friendly environment. All in all a great place, but pay is low.