Valley Mental Health Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
This is such a waste of time.
Systems Operator Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 31, 2017
Again, why are you having me rate a job I not longer work at or care to ever go back to? This is a very strange way to get me new job opportunities. Such a waste.
Mission driven, strategic, outcomes based
Chief Policy Liaison (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 5, 2017
The company is a very mission driven organization. Client care, data and outcomes are by far some of the most critical elements in this company. Cultural congruence, employee engagement and employee development and wellness are also at the top of the list. The CEO is a visionary and is always looking ahead to continuously improve the company so that it continues to change and adapt as the health care industry changes.
Pros
Very forward thinking CEO
Cons
Fast paced environment
Enjoyable
Case Worker (Current Employee) –  Tooele, UTMay 17, 2017
I very much enjoyed working here. It was a stepping stone in the right direction. They have a great choice in managment, but lack in employee appreciation. I wasn't able to get the schedule I needed for my family. Not enough units or abailable job opportunities close to home. No training provided in our local community.
Good place to work, great coworkers made a really good team
Case manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake CityMay 7, 2017
Worked in 2 facilities, worked with great co-workers, clients were mostly short term, with many different diagnoses. Supervisor gave guidance.to the team and we had ongoing training.
At the time I worked, towards the end, the CEO changed and the company was restructured..
Pros
great team Work
Cons
None I can think of
Productive learning environment which accomplished its mission
Respite Provider (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 30, 2017
Unfortunately, the Respite Program is no longer continued, so a review is meaningless. While working there, my supervisor fought tooth and nail to keep the program alive, but the state cut funding.
Pros
Making a difference
Cons
Having a child's parents disregard your expert advice
unethical
Alternative to Incarceration Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 27, 2017
found practices and goals unethical. Money and politics caused people to lose focus and greed in the board unfortunately hurt the people we were trying to help
productive enviroment
Scanner (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 4, 2017
This was a part time aand contract position for 6 months. They were polite and fun to work for. They had no benefits and wasn't a perminate employment.
Pros
Learn to be good with computer and database
Cons
Short term
A real servivce to the community
Director of Property Mgt. (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 21, 2016
Great place to give service to the community, a little unstable as it required a contract with Salt Lake County to continue. Contract was lost to Optum Healthcare causing loss of many jobs
Pros
steady
Cons
lost contract
If you are not a therapist there is no oppertunity to advance
Behavior Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 19, 2016
I had a high stress job working directly with clients. There was little understanding and support from upper management. The hourly pay rate was not enough for me to support myself.
Pros
summer and holidays off
Cons
low hourly wage
The company did not seem to care about it's employees.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 14, 2016
I did not like how my job description changed and my salary did not. I was expected to do more work for the same pay. The company didn't really seem to care about what I did. I didn't seem to be included in any decisions about my job.
Pros
The clients were great.
Cons
No bonding between employees.
culture diversity classes. Fixing computers. Folllow up client insurance
Computer Instructor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 3, 2015
Learned a lot of productive solutions. Help maintain the well being of individuals. It was a great company to work for. Ceo made poor choices for the company that made it lay off over 200 people.
Pros
helping educate people
Cons
some didnt want the help
Problems within, no response to feedback
Inpatient Residential Forensic Addiction Counselor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 25, 2015
Seemed more important to look good than to do good. Often prisoners would complain that they were not getting the life skills they needed to effectively stay clean and sober. Often prisoners requests would go unanswered and a deaf ear was managements response. Heavy on management. Not enough office space to do work. Low pay. High expectations.
Company undergoing restructuring process
Licensed Mental Health Therapist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 4, 2015
Working with the clients is very gratifying. Work load and billable expectations can be taxing at times. Many staff and providers are professional and great to work with and are very dedicated to making a difference in people's lives.
Pros
Rewarding and satisfying work experience
Cons
Lower compensation and regressing benefits
new practice
ARTEC south unit team lead (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 26, 2015
This was a new practice and I was very new to my healthcare career. The psychologist that I worked with were so good to me in learning and I loved being a part of the care given to patients with traumatic brain injuries. Very fulfilling watching them get better with each visit.
Pros
owner sold practice
Cons
Summary
Recruiting Manager (Current Employee) –  Murray, UtahFebruary 17, 2015
Recruiting, interviewing and onboarding process.
Trained and conducted New Employee Orientation
Handed out new employee paperwork
Conducted BCI and TB tests
Job fairs
Supported employee situations that arose
Open communication with employees and offered resources for goals and support
Conducted HR employee handbook training
Reference checks
Support to management and outside organizations
Maintained employee files
Cons
Healthcare, pay
good program to be involved with
Resource Familyi Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kearns, UTJuly 17, 2014
Good program to be involved with; provided help for youth; enjoyed working with the other employees
Pros
good work environment
Cons
company moved their location
Intense workplace
Adolescent Counselor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 26, 2014
Working here, you're magnetically locked in the complex with 8 young delinquents (male or female). There is constantly bickering and fighting among the clients and there isn't enough staff to keep the negative behaviors to a minimum without using over-assertive tones. High stress job and you'll seldom get a kid in there that believes in the program and respects the staff 100% of the time.
Pros
Teaching skills groups that are easily received by the clients.
Cons
No breaks, high-stress, iffy coworkers.
Excellent company
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Park City, UTJune 13, 2014
Really enjoy starting a laboratory from the very beginning. I learned every aspect of how a laboratory works, from the billing, computers, instrument, supplies, etc.
Difficult and stagnant
Staff Development Trainer (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTFebruary 25, 2014
This company is struggling right now internally with no clear vision of the future of this company.
An enjoyable place to work. Never dreaded a Monday.
Citrix Administrator (Current Employee) –  5965 S 900 E, Murray UTFebruary 16, 2014
A typical day usually started with resolving any network or user issues after which we were able to work on projects.

I learned a great deal about Citrix, VMWare, Windows 2008 R2, Powershell and VB scripting.

Management was great. We were always encouraged to learn new technologies and able to work on projects without being micro-managed.

I made a lot of life long friends with co-workers. Everyone was more than willing to share knowledge and experience.

Hardest part of the job was probably not being able to work on projects without distraction.

Best part of the job was to implement and learn about new technologies.
Pros
State Retirement, Awesome management, Creativitiy encouraged.
Cons
Under staffed. No proper IT triage in place.