Valley Metro Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
It was a nice place to work.
Administrative Assistant-Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VirginiaMay 20, 2012
As Secretary to the General Manager, my day began with a brief chat and exchange of pleasantries. Discussion of tasks need to concentrate on given the time of the month, and/or reports needing typed, or dictation of letters to be typed up. I as well, typed correspondence for the company excutives. While doing these tasks, I greeted visitors, answered question of our bus drivers, and/or refered them to the personnel officer. Answered the phone giving travel and time information to riders. Promoted to Benefits Coordinator, and was responsible for the employee benefits, relaying insurance information, maintaining employee records, while still performing the previously discussed tasks of the position.

The most enjoyable part of the job I would have to say were the management staff I worked with. I liked my boss as he was witty and fun to work with and most of the staff had a laid-back pleasantness.
Pros
first job i got when moved to virginia, working with the transit company
Cons
i was really bored with the type of work i did, transportation, not really my field of interest.
Lacks Unity
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 11, 2013
This is a highly stressful job, the work load is okay but the type of work is stressful. It is a high volume call center. The management staff is not always on the same page which causes division amongst the workers, there is no accountability for work performance only for attendance. Being a valued worker is not a priority only that you show up. There are no incentatives, no moral and the call center employees are often treated as bottom of the barrel. The pay rate is good and the peer groups are great.
Pros
good rate of pay
Cons
point system
Fun work place
BUS OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 17, 2013
I loved this job I would like to return in the future my co-workers was nice I really liked my boss he was more like an uncle than my boss and he is a very caring person he cares about you as a person not just an employee
Pros
family members got free transpotation
Cons
had to wait two years for a vacation
productive fun work place
Aids the Inspector (Former Employee) –  Phx Az 85033December 27, 2013
productive fun work place. •Please tell us more about working at this company in Your Review.
Pros
free condiments
Cons
short breaks

4.4