Valley National Bank Employee Reviews

Antiquated
VP (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJJune 22, 2017
Bank has Antiquated systems and processes, slow to respond to customers, they outbid themselves on price. Facilities are old and dilapidated. Need to update from 1970's.
Pros
97% of the bank leaves at 5pm
Cons
Florida region gets special treatment
Very serious place to work
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJJune 19, 2017
Worked here for 1 yr and had a good work experience. I did collections on past due accounts . And pulled contracts from the archives. Very friendly work place .
Pros
Morning shifts
Cons
Not enough pay
valley nation
Teller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 7, 2017
loved working for Valley. I worked with an awesome set of individuals, the perfect example of a team. LOVE MY MANGER!! A company with a lot of values!
Not too stressful.
Assiatant branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Holmdel, NJMay 31, 2017
Banks human resources aren't good. Very small bank. People become clingy but a good bank to begin your banking career. Slower pace means more time and space to learn and move up.
Banking..
Branch Manager - Branch Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Union, NJMay 26, 2017
You have everything with this company!! People, team, and corporation works together to improve workplace. Branches well managed by his Branch Service Manager but still have the good input of his Sales Manager.
Pros
Operations
Cons
Nothing...
Too Many Chefs in the Kitchen
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  NJMay 13, 2017
The biggest issue with VNB is the large disconnect between the executive floor and reality of the current banking environment. Management making statements, "goals are based on the new technology that will be implemented". Unfortunately that technology is nowhere in site, but we are still held accountable to the production. The easiest way to grow this bank is to create some brand awareness. The entire marketing department is a complete joke, and is run by stooges. The cart is always put before the horse.
Room for advancement
Branch Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Sparta, NJMay 5, 2017
Working for Valley was a career challenge, I advanced up the corporate ladder quickly. My colleagues were great, work on a daily basis is pretty redundant. The hardest part of the job was the amount of Sales needed to make quota. I have learned a lot being with the bank 15 years. I have truly enjoyed working with such great teams through out my career. Its a great place to work if your looking to start from the bottom first and learn as you go.
Benefits
Cons
Hardly get lunches, Weekend hours, poor staffing
loved it
Teller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 18, 2017
was a very fun job, co workers and management were nice and had work/life balance, decent pay, would go back! they also closed early the day before any holiday and was closed on holidays.
Pros
benefits, hours
Cons
short breaks
Work place
Branch Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 4, 2017
* Easy going work environment.
* Moral is high.
* Employees love their job.
* Great company to work for.
* Foot traffic in branches is low.
* Great leaders
Working with Valley national Bank, I learned lots of banking operations. I enjoyed meeting customers opening accounts .
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Plainfield, NJMarch 31, 2017
Working in Valley I learned National Bank operations. Before I had worked with savings banks. It was fun and learned mortgage, ATM and commercial side of banking.
Pros
For holidays business customers brought food and candies
Cons
not much pay
Busy Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJMarch 22, 2017
Stressful environment with nice people , helpful coworkers
I worked hard always strive to do my best for the growth of the company and its success and
Productive place to work
Teller / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Nutley, NJMarch 22, 2017
A day at work was taking care of all of the customers banking needs. We were a pretty busy branch. I was nice meeting new people all of the time. management was good at this branch.
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
not enough pay at the time
Productivity
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJMarch 15, 2017
Helping customers with their accounts. Verifying new and existing accounts. Work well with other customer service representatives and donate to charity.
Asst Teacher
Loan Workout Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJMarch 15, 2017
As long as you have patience, working with kids is great! They made me crack up sometimes as kids can be kids. I was an outdoor coordinator and i would play soccer games, football games, etc. I made sure they all had fun while at the day care.
Horrible Work Enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  NJMarch 10, 2017
Worst company to ever work for. They lie about promoting within, and they don't care about the staff in the branches and how they are treated. They only care about the numbers. They support their service managers that treat the staff horribly and don't know their job at all. The service managers lie their way threw their job and will throw anyone under the bus to save themselves. They make you cover multiple branches to help them with no compensation in return. They really use you and don't care whether you stay or leave no matter how many years you've been with them. I do not recommend this company. Biggest mistake of my life.
Great Enviroment in Risk Management
Quantitative Analyst Intern -Model Validation (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJMarch 5, 2017
I basically run stress testing and validate models across different departments, and constantly challenge the models and give my own opinions.

It's a project-by-project job, so my daily work is flexible according to my own schedule. I manage my different projects to meet deadlines.
Pros
flexible hours, work life balance
enjoyable place to work at.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Mine Hill, NJMarch 1, 2017
I loved working as a teller. I enjoyed a lot. If i didn't had an emergency to leave, i wouldn't never left my job. It was a calm Place and friendly people to work with and the customers there were very friendly and nice and so do I was very friendly and nice to them. I really loved seeing the customers everyday with smile on their faces because I always greeted them with a fresh and smiley face.
Teller
Seasonal Teller (Former Employee) –  Fort Lee, NJFebruary 27, 2017
• Handled store operational tasks as delegated by Store Management
• Assisted in delivery service by processing, addressing and correcting skipped orders; inaccurate directions
• Provided input to Training Development team on effectiveness of training materials and programs to ensure team members performance expectations were being met
• Participated in the preparation of written training materials, i.e., trainer’s guide, overheads, exercises, handouts, aids, quizzes for customer service training and special product training
• Handled high call volume interacted with vendors and staff, as appropriate
• Ensuring customer satisfaction
Great Company
Teller (Current Employee) –  Keansburg, NJFebruary 16, 2017
Great company to work for. They are able to balance your personal life with work life while learning new skills and plenty of opportunities to advance.
i would recommend this company to a friend who is looking to find new employment
Sr. Collector (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJFebruary 15, 2017
Each phone call was a challenge selling an idea to a past due customer. There was a chance that they owed more than one creditor. By treating them with respect, I got them to promise to pay Valley National Bank and not another creditor.
Pros
Many great co-workers
Cons
Little or no upward mobility due to young management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valley National Bank. Our community is ready to answer.