Valley National Bank

Valley National Bank Employer Reviews

Very Productive
Full-Time Teller (Former Employee), Newark, NJFebruary 4, 2014
Each day at work was very productive. There was always something new to learn. Co-workers were nice and friendly. Management was helpful with achieving goals. There were no difficulties with thee job and the most enjoyable part was the interaction with the customers.
Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Moonachie, NJJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: great customer service interaction
Cons: pay, benefits, hours were awful
Every branch I have worked in has been busy which I like. I learned a lot and most about banking working for Valley National. Co workers were fine. I loved the interaction with the customers. Probably my favorite place to have met such great people.
Productiveplace to work
Assistant Branch Manager/ AVP (Former Employee), Shrewsbury, NJJanuary 22, 2014
Manage branch and teller line. Manage sales culture. Good group of co-workers
Takes notes. A LOT!
IT Help Desk Technician (Former Employee), Wayne, NJJanuary 16, 2014
In the IT department? Don't ask for help; they will most likely expect you to know the moment you stepped in. If not, you won't last long without notes. Figure it out yourself. You MUST have, at least, passed the A+ exam to be looked at seriously.
Community Bank with lots to offer
Teller (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 9, 2014
I have gained a significant amount of experience and knowledge here at Valley National Bank. It is more than just retail, and I am excited in pursuing my career in customer service.
Great corporate environment
Mortgage Closer (Former Employee), Wayne, NJJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: advancement
Cons: pay
No training.
Learn as you go.
Management was good with employees life challenges.
Terrible pay.
Good benefits.
Good 401K
good company if under the right branch managers
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 7, 2014
As a customer service representative, there is a good balance of sales and service. There is a great communication between marketing and other departments. Under right management branches can thrive.
Terrible managers
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Fair Lawn, NJJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: ok for hs students and geds
Cons: management will do everything to bring you down
Managers are childish, petty and miserable and their main goal is to make you miserable too. They give "write ups" instead of helping you.
No support, no flexibility. Be expected to work most, if not all, nights, weekends and holidays. The favoritism is unbelievable. While other employees take 3 lunches a day, be prepared to pick up their slack because – more... you are new and don't have any children. The pay is terrible and not worth the stress. – less
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Wayne, NJDecember 26, 2013
Pros: friendly staff
Work was always both challenging and interesting. It was definately a place of learning and growing. Management always had an open door policy which is very important when having a large employee population.
Productive friendly workplace
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), West New York, NJDecember 20, 2013
Valley was a nice friendly financial institution to work for. I enjoyed
dealing with the customer one on one and helping with their banking
needs and also traslate for some of the hispanic customer.
Sales Focus
BRANCH MANAGER- ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT (Current Employee), Whippany, NJDecember 7, 2013
This job requires intense focus and ability to work individually as well as with other people. There is no typical day but a typical week requires me scheduling numerous appointments with clients to discuss their financial needs. It also involves me getting involved with the community via the Chamber of Commerce and Rotary Club.
Behind the times
AVP/Sales Manager (Current Employee), hackensackNovember 21, 2013
Pros: headquarters in nj
Cons: not competitive with bigger banks.
Technology is old. Very hard to accomplish things for customers.
Long days lots of files
Post Closing Clerk (Former Employee), wayne njNovember 18, 2013
Pros: free bank account
Cons: short lunches
Post closing mortgage files and filed paperwork. Go to loan officers and ask for information or missing documentation.
professional
coin room superviosr (Former Employee), Passaic, NJNovember 6, 2013
Pros: assiting people
Cons: when the weather was bad; sometimes the heating or ac unit didn't always work
I worked in the back for the most part but enjoyed when there were promotions. During those promotions I was able to interact with the customers more directly.
ITS AN EASY JOB.
Bank Teller (Current Employee), Kearny, NJOctober 23, 2013
Pros: good job for a single parent.
Cons: i have to work weekends and i get off an hour later than i would like to.
COME IN AT 1PM GET MY BOX GO TO MY STATION.LEARNED PATIENCE AND CASH HANDLING PROCEDURES. MY CO WORKERS ARE VERY CATTY AND NOT TEAM WORKERS.MANAGEMENT HAS NO CLUE, ONLY ONE MANAGER I PARTICUALLY LIKE. OTHER MANAGER IS VERY RUDE,AND SHOULDNT HAVE HER POSTION.THERE IS NO HARD PART ABOUT MY JOB. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART ABOUT MY JOB IS THAT ITS VERY EASY – more... AND I GET TO TALK TO THE CUSTOMERS. I GET TO GET OFF IN A REASONABLE HOUR, – less
prouctive and fun workplace
Account Executive, Sales Department (Former Employee), Rego Park, NYOctober 21, 2013
Pros: opportunity to learn more for enrty level posiitons
Cons: no benefits for part timers
great team work with coworker.
lots of interactions with clients.
Learning experience
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Wayne, NJOctober 1, 2013
Pros: the team work.
Cons: no room to advance
On the typical day at work it's very busy and productive. I learned leadership skills, and a great deal of responiblity. I enjoy working with my co-workers it was like a family.
productive
PT encoder (Former Employee), Wayne, NJSeptember 16, 2013
good job for students, it was part time work so it was a good second job for people with a FT job already
Just awful
Sales Associate (Current Employee), undisclosedSeptember 2, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
Been working for this company for many years and i've been screwed so many times! The District Operations Manager is incompetent! My branch goes from lazy to lazier and since i've been there for so long customers rely on me for help, which i don't mind, but what does bother me is that i come home EXHAUSTED while the other staff members are just having – more... an easy breezy day! Valley is the worst place for job advancement, they give you absolute ridiculous reasons why someone can't progress. This company DOES NOT COMPENSATE for the amount of work that is expected. – less
Stable company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Wayne, NJSeptember 1, 2013
Stable company, my department has flexible work schedules, good training program