Valley National Bank Employee Reviews

Long ago
Commercial Banking Associate (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJSeptember 11, 2017
I worked for Valley National Bank 24 years ago so I can not speak to the culture or work environment currently. I went through a training program which was ver positive.
Summary
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Holmdel, NJSeptember 4, 2017
That is a great job for someone that does not have a college degree. However, it is very slow pace. Which is something I do not like.There is room for advancement every year.
Lots of sales training
AVP/ Branch Sales Manager/ MLO (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 2, 2017
Valley National Bank help me to expand my sales skills.
I met different people every day and I loved it.
I enjoyed working with the staff and helping them to reach they goals.
Pros
Great clients
Cons
Not the best pay
needed to move on
VICE PRESIDENT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 1, 2017
I was ready to go back to the investment side of the business as this is my strength - not as a relationship manager. Enjoy the sales part of the investment business - but not to do it all the time - just a third of the time.
Pros
teamwork culture
Cons
low pay
Agreable place to work
Commercial Lending Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 30, 2017
Most enjoyable part of the job is helping clients.
The hardest part of the job not having suficient technology to support the load of work.
Good workkplace culture.
Not good Department Maagement.
I have learned to be resourceful.
Pros
Nice atmosphere
Cons
Short Breaks not incentives
Was a nice place to work for
AVP, Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJAugust 27, 2017
A typical day consisted of ensuring proper policies and procedures were being followed by the staff
Coaching staff
Cross training employees
Customer Service and Sales
Handeling customer concerns as well as employee concerns
Pros
Free Checking Account, discount for Safe Deposit Box
Contadicting Strategies
Vice President Commercial Lending/Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2017
Overall friendly banking environment. However management is weak. Not much on training in my experience. Processes can be disjointed and contradictory. On Commercial Lending front not a real handle on pricing for profitability. Pricing is done on a whim.
Pros
Some Really Good People amd some pretty manipulative managers
Cons
some backbiting
Plesant and friendly enviroment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Nutley, NJAugust 14, 2017
The friendly enviroment makes you feel confident about your potential helping you to grow.
Everyone works together and the day goes fast and smootlhy.
All benefits are ofered: medical, vision, 401k.
Strong management, still friendly and plesant
Pros
Health insurance benefits, day off during the week if you work Saturdays
Cons
No comments. Everything is good at VN.
The most relaxed job
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJAugust 4, 2017
The most enjoyable job to be my first job when i was 16 years old. I would recommend anyone to go work for valley national bank. My boss was the kindest and most patient person i have ever met
I would give it zero stars if I could
HR (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJJuly 30, 2017
Management does not care about its employees. If you are contacted by the bank for any position, even in the corporate office, run, do not walk, away from this opportunity. The number of lay-offs they do per year is sickening.
Project Management Technology
Technology (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJJuly 20, 2017
The old CIO got canned and another Ah##e was hired but as a executive management. He is all hot air and can sell you a bridge, company is spending $40 millions on new software and pc. So they went and hire around 25 extra people and all went well until the hammer felt. **LAYOFF** new people that were just hired needed to go, not employees that were there for years and knew the systems. Management lies thru their theeth and should be the first to be kicked out and stop ruining families. DO NOT ever work there..
Pros
Air Conditioner
Cons
Everything else
Mixed
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJJuly 20, 2017
Liked the people I worked with; however management changes the its mind every other day and there is no consistency as to the process that they wanted.
Pros
4 weeks vacation as a VP
Cons
Inconsistency in policies.
Was not a fan of working here
Personal Banker/Teller (Former Employee) –  Hillsdale, NJJuly 19, 2017
The office itself was a great working environment. Everyone was welcoming and helpful. The company itself was not a good career choice for me. They did not offer a lot when it came to bonuses/raises. You work your hardest and there wasn't much reward for it.
No good
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJJuly 5, 2017
Company good only for the young and older individuals. No chance for advancement, Management inept and mid management overall ok. This company has terrible work culture. Almost on the border of unethical. Your effort unappreciated.
Pros
inexperienced workers, students etc...
Cons
Terrible Management and work environment.
ok place of business
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJJuly 3, 2017
typical work day customer service, workplace culture is great, you talk to customers on a daily basis.....same stuff just a different day at the work place
A great company to work for with great benefits and educational opportunities
Head Teller/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Union City, NJJune 28, 2017
Valley promotes education. As part of the employee benefit package, Valley offers banking courses through CFT ( Center for Financial Training). Valley would pay 100% course fee for each course if a grade of B or higher is achieved.
Branch Sales Manager
Assistant Vice President - Branch Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Westfield, NJJune 27, 2017
The beginning of the day would start with going over the overdraft report and going through which ones would be approved or declined and make any necessary calls referencing those decisions. I would then huddle with my team before the start of the day to discuss what the day looked like and discuss different topics on strategies in helping our clients succeed financially but also create comfort with product knowledge and using high impact questions to generate conversations. I then would start implementing my sales plan on the appointments I had for the day and any sales calls I needed to make. I would leave the office mid morning and usually spend a couple of hours int he field visiting clients in my book and ensuring that they are all satisfied while looking to cross sell and also acquire new business. I would then go back to the branch, recap my sales day while starting to inspect all is well on the operations and service side which I would usually discuss with my assistant branch manager and lead teller. The end of the day would consist of responding to emails and phone calls. I grew strong in this position in regards to drumming up more business. The hardest part of this job was getting involved in the community without much of a budget to do so, found creative ways to network with those business professionals in the area by starting my own group, monthly mixers, chamber events and even using my existing client base as possible centers of influence
Pros
Management, great marketing strategies
Cons
no lead sources for sales
Antiquated
VP (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJJune 22, 2017
Bank has Antiquated systems and processes, slow to respond to customers, they outbid themselves on price. Facilities are old and dilapidated. Need to update from 1970's.
Pros
97% of the bank leaves at 5pm
Cons
Florida region gets special treatment
Very serious place to work
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJJune 19, 2017
Worked here for 1 yr and had a good work experience. I did collections on past due accounts . And pulled contracts from the archives. Very friendly work place .
Pros
Morning shifts
Cons
Not enough pay
valley nation
Teller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 7, 2017
loved working for Valley. I worked with an awesome set of individuals, the perfect example of a team. LOVE MY MANGER!! A company with a lot of values!