Valley Presbyterian

Valley Presbyterian Employer Reviews

Great co-workers, real team players and caring
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAFebruary 21, 2013
A typical day was busy and filled with new problems to solve and new information to learn. I enjoyed working with all departments throughout the hospital and learned from all of them.
Great co-workers, real team players and caring
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAFebruary 21, 2013
Great place for advancement
Records Technician (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAOctober 21, 2012
I really enjoyed working there. the staff are great and you can really tell they are really passionate for thier patients!
Opportunity to practice the skills
Clinical Care Extender, (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 26, 2012
Pros: everybody gets chance to practice
Cons: a lot of restricitions for the volunteers
This volunteering program gave me the opportunity for the extra clinical practice and experience. I have become familiar with the hospital environment.
Productive and fast paced facility
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CASeptember 18, 2012
Enjoyable learning environment, very productive for the community and enjoyed giving to my community as well
Amazing learning opportunity and experience!
Volunteer (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAAugust 28, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Every day I would help out the Nurses on duty, or physicians, assist in the patients needs, lab runs, discharging patients, etc. I learned how to manage working in a fast pace environment, while being under pressure at times. The people I worked with were always helpful and explained the procedures that I was Unfamiliar with. The hardest part of the – more... job at times was leaving the patients that you bond with knowing that you most likely wont see them again. Forming trust with the patients feels so good because they depend on you and making them feel better gives me happiness. That is also the most enjoyable part of being in the medical field. Knowing that you have helped someone with life threatening situations keeps me motivated. – less
Some of the greatest people I've ever met reside here.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAAugust 15, 2012
In the eight months I was at this hospital I met many great people, my co-workers were the best I've ever had.
Wonderful Management
Health Education Internship (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAAugust 12, 2012
I love the environment, always friendly knowledgeable staff
I like people
Maintenance (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAJuly 31, 2012
Pros: i like people
Most people like it and they care for patients. Now buildings getting fixed up better. Manager changes make it hard than to just work.
Best!
Assisting the Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAJuly 24, 2012
It was my summer job at the hospital, I loved working at the hospital it was really fun and i loved helping alot of people at different departments.
general maintenance (Former Employee), van nuysMay 25, 2012
Cons: no benefits
typical day just show up at work place and do the duties. i learn a few things. management were poor. co-workers were nice. hardest part none. enjoyable when my dities were finish.
Overall experience was great! I was able to advance in various departments working for this Company.
Account Clerk (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAMay 22, 2012
Pros: bonus, rewards, fun activites, room for growth
Cons: lay off notice 1day warning
Working at Valley Presbyterian Hospital was a job that I enjoyed very much. I first started working in Data Processing in July of 1985. Management and staff made a great team. My first experience was working with HoneyWell reel to tape machinery. I learned how to balance census summaries and process department charges in the system for various departments. – more... I gained great confidence and satisfaction in my work performance.

I moved to admitting departing after a year or so and my Supervisor at the time taught me everything I needed to know about Pre-billing. It was so much fun learning how to do various things as that job encompassed so much especially when it came to paying attention to details was a must.

From there I moved on to Insurance verification and that job was by far one of the best jobs I've experienced in my career at VPH. I worked in admitting to help out whenever there was a need to register patients, which I enjoyed very much mainly because I enjoyed talking to patients as they needed someone to let them know that things will be alright eventually.

My last months at VPH were spent in Contractual Adjustments, which was the hardest job I encountered. Mainly because I didn't want to be responsible for such large sums of money and if my calculations were incorrect I would feel horrible to make any costly mistakes. To my surprise after about 30 days I caught on and did so well that I actually started to like it.

My regret was leaving so soon thereafter. I probably would still be working there if I had weathered the hard times the company faced back then. Big adjustments were made that were very positive and it's too bad that I missed out on that.

Never-the-less I am proud to say I worked at Valley Presbyterian Hospital for eight years. I got my start in learning so much about healthcare at this facility and management was ideal at the time. My co-workers, some who are still working there today were kind loving people and I will never forget them. Every now and then I drop by to say "hello".

One more note to add, I wrote a poem about a patients experience at VPH and received an award for it from Managament. I still have it in my possession today. I do have a few treasures I've kept along the way, thanks to my experience with Valley Presbyterian Hospital.

Sincerely,
GG – less
Administrative Secretary
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee), Van Nuys, CAMay 9, 2012
Pros: i get to meet a lot of people from nurses, to students
Cons: health care
I work in a very busy pace department. I assist the Director of Education in scheduling her meetings, assisting her in meetings, copies, filing, answering a heavy volume of in coming phone calls.
Very fun volunteering experience.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAMarch 28, 2012
Pros: free lunches, meet new people, helping the ill
Cons: nothing that i did not like
Working at Valley Presbyterian Hospital was a great experience when I was in high school because it showed me how responsible I will have to be when I work in a hospital. Working at Valley was also great because I was able to meet people there who are looking to pursue dreams just like me. I also loved to help the people in the hospital because doing – more... good deeds like helping the elderly and sick can do nothing but put a smile on your face. I enjoyed volunteering at Valley Presbyterian Hospital and I hope the best fort them. – less
Very friendly staff, but if you are going to school management would not try to work with your school schedule.
Orderly/ tech II (Former Employee), Van Nuys CaliforniaMarch 5, 2012
Cons: very short breaks, sometime you wouldnt get your 15 min break.
management did not want to work with my school schedule so it cause me to miss work sadly i had to choose between work or school, I chose school. However i do wish i could have stayed.
Enjoyed talking to Patients..
food servcie/Catering (Former Employee), Van Nuys CaMarch 2, 2012
Overall i enjoyed... assisted patients with their nutritional needs.
Close to home, small community hospital
Registered nurse in the operating room (Former Employee), Van nuys CaliforniaMarch 2, 2012
Pros: close to home
Cons: hard to get days off, a lot of over time
I gave 5 years to this company, the coworker are very nice and many of them are team players. it's a community hospital with not much room for advancement
It was a very rewarding and educational place to work,
Security Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAJanuary 28, 2012
Pros: discount on all items, even lunch
Cons: can't think of any
You seen the best and worse times in people life while visiting a hospital. The staff was great it was one big family.
Very outgoing co workers
student of surgical technology volunteer (Current Employee), Los Angeles CaDecember 19, 2011
Pros: free coffee
Cons: cant complain
Great nursing staff, I noticed they realy cared for their patients with a gentle touch and smile. I worked in patient transporting and learned a great deal of patient care along with school. I also worked in central steril processing and learned how to assembled instrument trays and decontamination.
NICE WORK PLACE WITH FRIENDLY STAFF
REGISTERED NURSE IN OPERATING ROOM (Current Employee), VAN NUYS,CALIFORNIANovember 27, 2011
Pros: good staff to work with
Cons: working on weekend with regular pay, no breaks for 8 hours straight work
GOOD WORKING PLACE CAUSE OF FRIENDLY STAFF, JUST SO DISORGANIZED WHEN IT COMES TO SUPPLIES AND EQUIPMENT NEEDED FOR SURGERY.