Valley Presbyterian Employee Reviews

enjoyed working with this department and gained a lot of knowledge on QA.
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CADecember 1, 2016
Good work place, management is very flexible to work with. People are nice and friendly . Everything was enjoyable wile on the job. My co-workers were very helpful when needed.
Very clean environment
Assistant and housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CANovember 28, 2016
It was a very different type of experience working there. Many people where really nice and helpful while i was new. In some departments your actually able to grown.
It was my plasure to help my community.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CANovember 8, 2016
valley Presbyterian it was my first place to work as volunteer. the staff are very helpful, I had learned how to work as team, and most enjoyable part was to help patients when they need you. It was good experience, I wish I can have anther opportunity to volunteer again .
Very productive hospital I learned alot in a short time
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAOctober 13, 2016
I learned a lot during my volunteer time there. I met wonderful volunteers that have been there for years and enjoyed it. Wonderful volunteer coordinator.
N/a
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAOctober 5, 2016
this is a great company.. I enjoyed working with the staff. They are very supportive. Very organized. Great Doctors. A real Joy..
My passion and future
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CASeptember 29, 2016
I absolutely enjoyed volunteering at Valley Presbyterian Hospital. Call it a biased opinion since my objective in school is to be a Radiologist. I have a passion for healthcare and being a volunteer helped me with interactions such as the patients and the staff. I did multiple tasks that span a variety of different departments such as shadowing staff, patient discharges, lab specimen transport, and medical equipment transport.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
amazing experience was very sad to leave
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJune 30, 2016
I was very sad to leave my current job, but i had to relocate, I stayed on as a per diem employee. Currently i am trying to find another job here in San Diego.
Pros
great leadership, room for growth
Cons
long hours and very little holidays given
Basement and C-sections
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAMay 24, 2016
From Natural birth delivery to C-sections amazing experience also down in the basement to organize and set up trays and wrap and peel pack ready to sterilize
Pros
Amazing experience
Cons
A little far
Just an intern, not an actual employee.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAOctober 19, 2015
Did not for this hospital, only finished my internship there. Almost everyone was very helpful, nice and friendly. Did work with several sonographers and all of them help me a lot, learnt most of the stuff that they never teach you in the school.
productive work place
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAOctober 18, 2015
There is a great room to grow for experience wise. Supportive management. Colleagues are very friendly and helpful I learned a lot from colleagues. there are always expansion to grow in a career .
Pros
Free meals
Very friendly, supporting department.
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CASeptember 10, 2015
It is a great place to work. The manager is very supportive and understanding. The co-workers work well together and as a team.
Pros
I've been there for 8+ years and know the environment
Cons
I'm only there per diem
Great workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAAugust 30, 2015
Valley presbyterian Hospital is a great workplace with manageable scheduling which is a big plus. Worked at the Med-Surg/Oncology Unit. Census can be high with less staff that can lead to work overload.
Sad stories to share.
Patient Access Rep (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAAugust 18, 2015
Coworkers amazing.
Place, dirty, filthy.
Management, poor.
ER, you hear nurses often cursing each other, Doctor graveyard does not care for patients at all. Wounds are sent home after an hour of being admitted.
Its insane.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
everything else
fun, efficient, professional,and healthy environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJune 30, 2015
on a daily basis we greet customers as they walk in and out. log them into the system as attended appointment ,get their vitals taken prepare them a room for the doctor to see them and set them in prepare them with any intstructions of procedures that will be proceed. aware the doctor that they are ready to be seen, assist the doctor in any assistance they might need ,log down everything that the patient said and the proceedures that where taken .sometimes if blood draw needs to be collected we do so and we tell the patient when to expect the results and give them an appointment for follow up if needed. I enjoy my job well its amazing the friendship u make with ur coworkers and doctors.
Pros
working with other team work
Cons
n/a
time
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAMay 24, 2015
a typical day at work while employed for a hospital is never typical lots of challenges and every day is a learning experience, overall good coworkers, great environment, lovely people.
Salad Days
Cardiology Technician (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAMay 6, 2015
This was my 1st Cardiology position. It was such a fun time, learned so much from so many. Great place to work back in the day. Made some lifelong friends.
Pros
Type of work
Cons
See above
Great environment
Volunteer for Escort Office, Discharging (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAApril 22, 2015
I love to work here it fun and exciting, gives you and experience for what a medical career would be like. Great co-workers, friendly people.
Pros
free food
Nice place to work at
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys,CAMarch 9, 2015
Check in. make sure rooms look clean and ready for patient examinations. Do portable runs during the morning shift and special pocedures during afternoon
Pros
free lunch
Cons
difficult patient care
A great place to work.
Stationary Steam Engineer, General Maintenance. (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAMarch 8, 2015
A fantastic place to work. Friendly and well trained staff. A typical day at work is fun, interesting and full of surprises. You'll find the CEO on the floor shaking hands and talking to staff members.
There is no hard part to my job. I know what I have to do and I go do it. The most enjoyable part of the job is going to work every day and never knowing whats goingto happen.
Pros
Very happy and satisfied staff. A great place to work, very friendly peiople.
Cons
No cons
cool palce to work
food service worker (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CADecember 6, 2014
work life is a majority of the time around professional people who offer the best care, you feel like your with a family other than being around a bunch of strangers and team work is awesome at this facility
Pros
lifestyle, pay, experience
Cons
people are not whom they seem to be

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valley Presbyterian. Our community is ready to answer.