Valley Proteins Employee Reviews

Ok place to work but management is a joke
Driver (Current Employee) –  Somerset, PAMay 4, 2017
Routes are easy and the work is not hard but management is a joke very little comunication from management and training on the routes is almost non existent so you should know what you are doing before you start. Trucks are maintained to the bare minimum
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Managment
Average work environment
WELDER/FABRICATOR/DIESEL MECHANIC (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 1, 2017
I have performed several job types for this company. It is the typical manufacturing environment. The typical work week rotates so that weekend work is scheduled for approximately 8-10 weeks at a time.
Move On this company has many problems
feather operator (Former Employee) –  Linkwood, MDApril 1, 2017
Prepare for dishonesty among management and working long hours for little pay. The worst place you will ever work. I was promised advancement opportunity and I was given a constantly changing and unpredictable schedules
Pros
I thought I could be promoted
Cons
Your just a number
Terrible
General Labor (Current Employee) –  Rose Hill, NCMarch 29, 2017
Job has no perks of being there, people are not friendly at all. People do not get along. Work conditions are bad. Never get any time at home or weekends.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Work conditions
Don't Stop to Apply Here
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAMarch 13, 2017
The absolute worst place. Promise you advancement, better pay, and better working conditions. Forget about that. The only people who advance are management who look out for each other. Dedication means zero. When it's your time to go, you are gone. Nasty work, nasty conditions, blood, guts, inclement weather, all hours. "Don't worry, get it done." This is a family owned company owned by two brothers who treat you like dirt. HR is a joke. The HR director shut down the last place he worked. If you already work here, you are already looking for another job.
Pros
The owners get rich on your back.
Cons
The owners get rich on your back.
This place is no good
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Wadesboro, NCFebruary 28, 2017
The owners wife runs EVERYONE off! Even people who have never done business with them know about how bad she is. They wanna pay as little as possible and expect the best work.
If you can stay away from every one it's not bad
Driver (Current Employee) –  Veribest, TXJanuary 27, 2017
Management is horrible it's not who you know it's who you we'll you know the rest every one in the office is too busy sucking up to virginia to do their jobs buildings are falling apart trucks are. No better will short you every chance they get
Pros
On your own a lot of the time
Cons
Everything else
Valley Proteins
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Emporia, VAJanuary 1, 2017
picked up products from customers and hauled it to plant for processing. Driver of box trailers (eighteen wheelers) and straight trucks. Followed routes to customers and back to plant. Worked with customers to remove products from stores to truck.
Stay Clear of This Company
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VADecember 30, 2016
Clique related environment. If you don't fit in the clique you are nothing. Loyalty and good work mean nothing to those in management unless it serves their purpose. Management is manipulative and underhanded. This company touts that it cares about it's employees and their well being but it does not. All the owners of this company care about is working individuals until they have nothing more to offer to keep their garages loaded with Mercedes, BMWs and Ferraris. They will use you and abuse you then cast you aside.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
Use to be a decent place to work, But not so much anymore .
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Straw Plains, TNDecember 24, 2016
A very over managed company, little to no communication between managers, no one knows what the other departments are doing.
under payed for job duty with no appreciation given to the plant employees.
Pros
Plant employees are great people.
Cons
dirty environment, under appreciated
dasdfasf
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  ghthreasreagfdNovember 14, 2016
it wasn t good at all. i can say it sucked fat ones... i t reeally did i got tired of ti real quick. havve a good one. i dont care maen hahaha ...ill see you later. thanks alot buddy .
Pros
da fasd
Cons
dfadfa df
Poor and sorry place to work
Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 26, 2016
The job was cool the only problem was being able to cash my check the bank would tell me insufiant funds my co workers were good people to work with. I learned a lot about chicken
Not a plce you want to be
Maitenance mech/welder and fab (Current Employee) –  Wadesboro, NCOctober 7, 2016
This place is a stink hole work your fingers to the bone then get a boot up you butt cause you didnt do enough. Hire average people that are lazy that they start there pay more than what the people that have been with company 10+ year which makes for a very interesting work place and mangmemt is a big joke
Pros
Paycheck if you want to call it that
Cons
Just bout everything
Horrible Management
Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Linkwood, MDOctober 5, 2016
Prepare for dishonesty and working long hours for little pay. Welcome to the worst place you will ever work. I was promised advancement opportunity and I was given a constantly changing and unpredictable schedule.
Waste of time
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Rose Hill, NCSeptember 30, 2016
Never have I worked anywhere with such poor management. I was hired as a manager then told I wasn't. Then told I was a supervisor in training and had the position pulled out from under me without a single word. The management refused to talk to me at all. When crossing the lot they would often times turn around or walk the other way when I was coming and would call other employees to relay a message to me. Childish, ignorant, liars would be a few words I could use to describe them but not even that does them justice. The lesser employees are all great to work with and great people. The health insurance is really expensive. The work environment is very unsafe and unclean. No time off ever. General work days were between 9-15 hours. They will ask you to do illegal things to cut corners. Most of the management are under the impression you have the IQ of a brick and treat you accordingly. The amount of favoritism and childish games is outright ridiculous. Would recommend digging out outhouses over working there.
Pros
Vending machine accepts cards
Cons
Health insurance, less than poor management, long hours with little time off, unsafe unclean work environment, favoritism and very childish adults
It was a nice place until to work
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Accomack County, VASeptember 26, 2016
Its a great company .until one of the boiler blow out...it was so sad when they told us..they shut down (plan) since that date...looking for a job...a
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Good insurance
24/7 position
Plant Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rose Hill, NCAugust 24, 2016
It is hard work yet well compensated. work is hard hot and smells, its a rendering facility. The Management is on call 24/7
Don't waste your time
Various (Former Employee) –  Linkwood, MDAugust 17, 2016
Pay at Valley Proteins is on the level of fast food workers and to be honest, I'd rather go flip burgers than work there again. You're talked to and treated like dirt. This is a company that will go out of its way to get one over on you. It oozes with sleaziness. They don't care about their employees one bit, but they need to realize it's the ones on the front lines, doing all the work that are the ones making money for them.

This company quite possibly has some of the worst management I've ever seen - there were a couple of notable exceptions who were far too good to be working there, but the good ones were few and far between. Management will lie to your face and a lot of backstabbing goes on. The have their favorites and if you're not one of them, you can forget about moving up in the company or getting a raise, no matter how hard you work.

They will find any reason to write you up so they can take your attendance bonus away from you. I loved how some people managed to keep their bonus, even when they missed time.

Awful health insurance - extremely expensive and outrageously high deductible.

Micromanagement to the point that working there just became an impossible nightmare. Corporate was completely out of touch with what was going on at the plants and just made it a jumbled mess of red tape and trying to jump through hoops just to get a simple task done.

Safety violations out the wazoo, but you had a safety person running around obsessing about dumb stuff, instead of the major things that really put the employees at risk.
Pros
It's a paycheck and a pitiful one at that
Cons
Low pay, poor benefits package, horrible management, disgusting work
Have been with them a long time
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, NCAugust 12, 2016
Great place to work. Great group of people to work with and the owners are pretty good to the employees Just not enough room for advancement unless you would be willing to relocate.
Pros
Profit sharing
Smell
Job sucks, pay is low
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Terrace Hill, PAJuly 23, 2016
Management sucks there especially in maintenance department. They write you up for everything so they can take the 1.50 an hour bonus they give you. The working condition suck, big rats and bugs everywhere. Low pay and no raises and the insurance sucks it's a high detectable.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Job sucks, they will lie to you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valley Proteins. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7