Valley Regional Medical Center

Valley Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

RN Staff Nurse - Surgical Unit
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXNovember 8, 2016
A typical day at work included receiving report from nurses on eight to ten patients. Patients usually required hydration therapy, antibiotic therapy and administered prescribed scheduled medications.
Pros
12 hour shift
Cons
night shift
Stress
Progressive Care Unit RN (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJuly 28, 2016
Working here is probably no different than working at any other hospital. They are 12 hr+ shifts with days that sometimes didn't allow for bathroom breaks or lunch time. While I worked there, my director and co-workers absolutely made the job wonderful. With a high stress job like being a nurse on an intermediate care unit, the people you work with make a world of difference. At the time of this writing my director and almost all of my co-workers have left for other jobs or departments within the hospital due to higher management issues. I did learn a lot during the time i worked there and value the experience I have gained.
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
Sometimes no lunches or bathroom breaks
Great Place to work.
Unit Secretary/Monitor Tech (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXNovember 12, 2015
Enjoy meeting people making them feel comfortable.Learning something everyday.The best place to work. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TXOctober 24, 2015
Working with this group of professionals was a learning experience. The charge nurse, as well as the rest of the staff, helped demonstrate and explain proper procedures.
The work ethic at Valley Regional PCU Department is top notch and I am lucky to have been a part of it.
Life-Changing Experienvce
Volunteering and Shadowing Open Heart Surgery (Former Employee) –  Brownsville TexasJuly 9, 2015
In the local vicinity of my neighborhood, there is a hospital by the name of Valley Regional Medical Center. Without this hospital and its many honorable employees, my experience in the everyday life of a physician would not have been a possible goal to achieve. When I was barely a freshman in high school at the age of fourteen, I decided to apply to the volunteer program this hospital had established. After months of anticipation, I was finally contacted to attend an orientation for incoming volunteers so that we could become familiar with the regulations and laws established by HIPPA. Once I met the regulated guidelines to become a junior axillary, I began making a difference in the lives of every person I met in this hospital.
I remember walking into this hospital every morning in December of 2012 for a week during Christmas time. I spent fourteen hours every day of this week, brightening up the day of patients that were too sick to even stand by bringing them breakfast and pretending to be Santa’s helper. At these moments, when I realized that working in the medical field was a rewarding opportunity, I felt even more motivated to soon change millions of lives in the world by providing a helping hand in the work force of physicians.
Excellent place to work.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJune 17, 2015
Director and supervisors are supportive and reliable. The work is challenging and rewarding. Great work environment. Administration hosts special events to show appreciation for employees.
Security Manager (Current Employee) –  Brownsville TX 78526May 3, 2015
For Example,
All access to director level personnel of any department is readily available and encouraged. Wonderful professional people.
very bad place to work
Dietary aide (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXOctober 29, 2014
way to much drama lazy nurses that don't treat the paients how the deserve to be treated,to much pressure very unorgnazed place to work
Pros
free food
Cons
only got a lunch break at 1pm after being there since 6am
Fun place
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXMarch 12, 2014
Everyone here know what their job is and does it well. But when their is an emergency, all come together and work as a team.
Very educated staff, dedicated management and all- around, amazing team.
Full time RT primarily in Pediatrics (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXNovember 14, 2013
Adult ICU ventilators were rarely managed based on prewritten orders but, parameters and pt compliance determined ongoing changes and managing of vents. Supervisors and the "acting director" were always ready and willing to provide support if pt census changed or we became short-staffed. The acting-director even came in to work in the middle of the night or very early in the morning when extra help was needed, several times that I can recall. Best teamwork I've seen in a hospital!
Good working environment
Physical Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXNovember 5, 2013
Good working environment,. worked here off and on for 14 years. Needed to be very productive, assisting Therapist and getting the day prepared with list and supplies needed for the day. the job would keep several of my therapy skills sharp. Fun group to work with many new ad different people. Never a stressful job and it was a different experience each day.
Pros
Good hours and pay enjoyed job
Cons
Expensive food, not stable on hours or wage
great place to work
lvn (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXNovember 22, 2012
love this place. great management. great pay and benefits.
Patient Satisfactory
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXSeptember 7, 2012
I use to work on the surgical floor, medical floor, pediatric department, womens center, ICU, PCU departments. I learned about the differences between each department, but everywhere I was scheduled, I never changed how I worked. I believed patient satisfication was our goal. I work with passion and dedication following procedures and making a patient feel as comfortable as possible. I always had help around either with my co-workers or my nurses whenever I needed it and when they were too occupied. The hardest part of my job was having a patient pass away, but working in a hospital it was bound to happen. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that i was making a difference in how patients felt about being in a hospital. i treated all patients just the way i wish to be treated if i were a patient!
Pros
learning new things each day
Cons
patients passing
Wonderful work environment
HR Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXAugust 22, 2012
The best part of working at Valley Regional Medical Center was that it truly lived up to its mission statement.
Pros
lots of employee recognition events
great place to work
Imaging/CT Technician R(ARRT) (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJune 22, 2012
Shift work. Given a chance to learn ct. Co-worker seem to try their best.
Pros
trust is given that you will use your judgement in an a correct way so that you can do a good job
Cons
lots of responsibility/at times work load is a bit much for staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valley Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5