Valley Regional Medical Center

Valley Regional Medical Center United States Employee Reviews

very bad place to work
Dietary aide (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXOctober 29, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: only got a lunch break at 1pm after being there since 6am
way to much drama lazy nurses that don't treat the paients how the deserve to be treated,to much pressure very unorgnazed place to work
Fun place
Unit Clerk (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXMarch 12, 2014
Everyone here know what their job is and does it well. But when their is an emergency, all come together and work as a team.
Very educated staff, dedicated management and all- around, amazing team.
Full time RT primarily in Pediatrics (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXNovember 14, 2013
Adult ICU ventilators were rarely managed based on prewritten orders but, parameters and pt compliance determined ongoing changes and managing of vents. Supervisors and the "acting director" were always ready and willing to provide support if pt census changed or we became short-staffed. The acting-director even came in to work in the middle of the night or very early in the morning when extra help was needed, several times that I can recall. Best teamwork I've seen in a hospital!
Good working environment
Physical Therapy Technician (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXNovember 5, 2013
Pros: good hours and pay enjoyed job
Cons: expensive food, not stable on hours or wage
Good working environment,. worked here off and on for 14 years. Needed to be very productive, assisting Therapist and getting the day prepared with list and supplies needed for the day. the job would keep several of my therapy skills sharp. Fun group to work with many new ad different people. Never a stressful job and it was a different experience each day.
great place to work
lvn (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXNovember 22, 2012
love this place. great management. great pay and benefits.
Patient Satisfactory
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXSeptember 7, 2012
Pros: learning new things each day
Cons: patients passing
I use to work on the surgical floor, medical floor, pediatric department, womens center, ICU, PCU departments. I learned about the differences between each department, but everywhere I was scheduled, I never changed how I worked. I believed patient satisfication was our goal. I work with passion and dedication following procedures and making a patient feel as comfortable as possible. I always had help around either with my co-workers or my nurses whenever I needed it and when they were too occupied. The hardest part of my job was having a patient pass away, but working in a hospital it was bound to happen. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that i was making a difference in how patients felt about being in a hospital. i treated all patients just the way i wish to be treated if i were a patient!
Wonderful work environment
HR Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXAugust 22, 2012
Pros: lots of employee recognition events
The best part of working at Valley Regional Medical Center was that it truly lived up to its mission statement.
great place to work
Imaging/CT Technician R(ARRT) (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXJune 22, 2012
Pros: trust is given that you will use your judgement in an a correct way so that you can do a good job
Cons: lots of responsibility/at times work load is a bit much for staff
SHIFT WORK. GIVEN A CHANCE TO LEARN CT. CO-WORKER SEEM TO TRY THEIR BEST.

About Valley Regional Medical Center

Founded as Valley Community Hospital in 1975, Valley Regional Medical Center proudly serves Brownsville and the surrounding communities. – Read more

Valley Regional Medical Center Photos