Valley Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Poorly ran hospital
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXOctober 10, 2017
I was hired for a position as a unit secretary. I spent more time being a patient sitter on other units than the position I was hired for. I was not told that I would have to be a patient sitter and see how horrible the patients are treated and the true lack of care. I had to do things I was never trained for. Two of us were supposed to be taking turns going to other units. I was always the one sent every single time. When this was brought up to management they defended their actions with their words but not with proof.
Pros
Cons
All Management
Its a multitasking job but fun.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXAugust 28, 2017
I love the environment, the people and it's a medical setting. I enjoyed working for Valley Regional but was a little stressful. I was a Receptionist for Radiology department. I would file, enter patient exams and doing patient charts, also doing xray copies.
Pros
Hour lunch, good people, friendly environment
Cons
Working weekends
Fun with the ability to grow
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TXAugust 27, 2017
Dealing with patients and visitors is a task every day
Employees are very nice and professional drs are excellent very professional nursery post is excellent i meet people from all walks life very interesting
Pros
Free cokes snack discount on lunches
Cons
Short meal break high prices on meals drinks
family oriented workplace
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXAugust 26, 2017
I enjoy working with people that I consider my family. Very smart people that work here. I have grown as a professional and a person. I like to take care and help patients in the community I grew up in.
Hours always being cut
EKG Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXAugust 25, 2017
I became very tired of being sent home in the middle of the night. I tried talking to my boss and she walked away without acknowledging me. She doesn't work there anymore, I hope it's changed
An amazing experience
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJuly 20, 2017
Although I was just a volunteer in highschool all the nurses, doctors, and therapists were more than willing to trust us with their patients. As soon as we arrived work was already assigned to us and if we had any questions the nurses were ready to lend a hand
Awesome hospital with great staff!
Medical Assistant & Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJuly 4, 2017
This hospital is an awesome place to work. I'm so glad I got to do my clinical rotations here. The staff is awesome and always willing to go the extra mile for their patients.
Great place to work at.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJune 29, 2017
Great place to work at, friendly environment and great work ethics and management, always had all the necessary equipment and training to perform daily job duties.
Good working schedule
Central Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TX 78526May 11, 2017
Clean, assemble and sterilize surgical instruments used through out the day. I've learned all the technical ways to preform my job to the fullest. Management are great. Working as a team can be difficult at times in my department. The hardest part of my job is that the work is not spread out evenly, what I mean by that is that someone of my co-workers don't pull their own weight. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I know that at the end of the day I've done my part in insuring that all the instrument I've dealt with have been properly cleaned and sterilized. And that gives me pride knowing that the instruments will be clean for the next patient.
Pros
Good work sechdule
Cons
Team players
Radiology Clerk
Radiology Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXMay 4, 2017
Recieve calls from nurses to input x-ray, MRI, EKG'S, Ultrasound and CT'S in to the computer. File x-rays orders and films. Hang fils for radiologist to read in the proper way.
Pros
Environment was fun and positive
Cons
The shift work was tough
Its not that bad.
Emergency Technician/ Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXMay 2, 2017
It was okey. I coud say that other employees are not that cheerful and they always picked on me since i was just a CNA and not a nurse that time. So i guess its kinda bad experience.
Not pleasant if you are not a staff nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXApril 26, 2017
6 years ago: PRN PCU and ICU staff are given the hardest patients, with little support. Admission sequence on the floor is completely unorganized.
ICU medical staff is unethical and is demeaning to nursing staff.
A huge plus is the hospital has a designated wound care staff. Extreme plus for the patients, especially.
Pros
Higher pay
Cons
PRN and travel nursing staff treatment
Volunteer work was fun and enjoyable
Junior Auxiliary/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJanuary 25, 2017
I would go in every weekend, to volunteer for about 3 hours while I was still attending High school.
I learned how to treat people with the utmost care and respect. I also learned team building with my fellow junior auxiliaries.
Pros
Free Lunch
Productive working enviornment
Unit Clerk, Monitor Tech (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXNovember 29, 2016
This was my first job at an Acute Care facility I will always remember that they gave me my first opportunity to find myself and finally work in a place that has made me who I am in life. Now I am a nurse and would definitely go back one day to work as a nurse there.
RN Staff Nurse - Surgical Unit
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXNovember 8, 2016
A typical day at work included receiving report from nurses on eight to ten patients. Patients usually required hydration therapy, antibiotic therapy and administered prescribed scheduled medications.
Pros
12 hour shift
Cons
night shift
Stress
Progressive Care Unit RN (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJuly 28, 2016
Working here is probably no different than working at any other hospital. They are 12 hr+ shifts with days that sometimes didn't allow for bathroom breaks or lunch time. While I worked there, my director and co-workers absolutely made the job wonderful. With a high stress job like being a nurse on an intermediate care unit, the people you work with make a world of difference. At the time of this writing my director and almost all of my co-workers have left for other jobs or departments within the hospital due to higher management issues. I did learn a lot during the time i worked there and value the experience I have gained.
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
Sometimes no lunches or bathroom breaks
Great Place to work.
Unit Secretary/Monitor Tech (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXNovember 12, 2015
Enjoy meeting people making them feel comfortable.Learning something everyday.The best place to work. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TXOctober 24, 2015
Working with this group of professionals was a learning experience. The charge nurse, as well as the rest of the staff, helped demonstrate and explain proper procedures.
The work ethic at Valley Regional PCU Department is top notch and I am lucky to have been a part of it.
Life-Changing Experienvce
Volunteering and Shadowing Open Heart Surgery (Former Employee) –  Brownsville TexasJuly 9, 2015
In the local vicinity of my neighborhood, there is a hospital by the name of Valley Regional Medical Center. Without this hospital and its many honorable employees, my experience in the everyday life of a physician would not have been a possible goal to achieve. When I was barely a freshman in high school at the age of fourteen, I decided to apply to the volunteer program this hospital had established. After months of anticipation, I was finally contacted to attend an orientation for incoming volunteers so that we could become familiar with the regulations and laws established by HIPPA. Once I met the regulated guidelines to become a junior axillary, I began making a difference in the lives of every person I met in this hospital.
I remember walking into this hospital every morning in December of 2012 for a week during Christmas time. I spent fourteen hours every day of this week, brightening up the day of patients that were too sick to even stand by bringing them breakfast and pretending to be Santa’s helper. At these moments, when I realized that working in the medical field was a rewarding opportunity, I felt even more motivated to soon change millions of lives in the world by providing a helping hand in the work force of physicians.
Excellent place to work.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJune 17, 2015
Director and supervisors are supportive and reliable. The work is challenging and rewarding. Great work environment. Administration hosts special events to show appreciation for employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valley Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3