Valley View Casino and Hotel Employee Review

View all Valley View Casino and Hotel reviews

Friendly coworkers
Team Member Dining Room (Former Employee) –  Valley Center, CAJuly 25, 2012
Started on graveyard despite my overwhelming experience for that positon and relatively small establishment. Graveyard shift also enlisted very short breaks, if any, and the responsibility for the graveyard cook was well beyond the compensation considering the responsibilities required. The graveyard cook was sometimes the only BOH employee for the whole casino. Responsible for finishing dinner for employees, prepping breakfast, and serving other grave employees, simultaneously supporting any culinary needs for the rest of the casino. Without my vast experience, I probably would have been completely lost with no one to ask, not to mention fighting having to stay up all night. After a year of toughing out this job and at the same time I was eligible for a promotion, I was discharged for "lack of experience"(?). I only liked this job because it was barely keeping my head above water but figured that the payout from staying would be worthwhile considering what I had to do. I was sorely disappointed. In my opinion, management had poor skills when it came to discussing alternatives to my complaints, showed below average food knowledge in general, and overall made my tenure at this establishment a very sour one in retrospect.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
sometimes no breaks, low pay, (see description)

Other Valley View Casino and Hotel Employee Reviews

excellent place to work at
Excellent customer service (Current Employee) –  Valley Center, CANovember 2, 2017
Valley View Casino and Hotel is the best place to work at. Everyone there is so nice and helpful. I love the atmosphere . Its the best casino to work for
Fast Pace, Team Member Friendships, 10-4-10
Lead Transportation Team Member (Former Employee) –  Valley Center, CASeptember 26, 2017
Highly centered around customer service and leadership growth. One of my favorite parts about the job was doing the "Job Coach" leadership training program. The workplace culture was stressful at times but the hours went quick. I left because of poor leadership with certain direct managers that I have been told has since be corrected but after I moved on.
Pros
Great Benefits and 24 Buffet for Employees
Cons
Undesirable working conditions for Valet department and splitting of tips