Valley View Casino and Hotel Employee Reviews

extraordinary place to work
Guest person attendant (Former Employee) –  Valley Center, CAJune 11, 2017
I have learned a lot things to make rooms properly
coworkers help a lot
supervisor help anyway
tips in each room
great brake
free meals tree times if you want
but a lot rooms to do
Pros
good tips and free lunchs dinner and breakfast
Cons
eny
Depends on the department
Audit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Valley Center, CAJune 3, 2017
Your experience working for this company depends on the department you work in. Some are great and the managers care about their team while others are lazy and don't care.
Pros
free food and good benefits
Absolutely no job security.
warehouse (Former Employee) –  Valley Center, CAMay 13, 2017
Think long and hard before you decide to work for this company. There is no job security and in my case, my boss had no idea what went on in my area. So he had no idea what I did and the quality of my work. Most of all he had no idea how poorly it was run and who was to blame for the poor productivity. It is dog eat dog there.
Pros
People and food
Cons
Management.
Loved it
Server (Former Employee) –  Valley Center, CAApril 4, 2017
I loved this job! The staff is qualified, excellent and helpful. I enjoyed working here and would recommend to anyone. They only hire people who are well suited for positions unless you are part of their reservation.
Family oriented envirnment
EMT/Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Valley Center, CANovember 2, 2016
Working as an EMT/Security officer requires basic math skills, excellent communication skills (including verbal judo), adequate knowledge in running a medical call, and ability to deal with cigarette smoke.
Pros
Fellow employee's feel like family.
Cons
Exposure to cigarette smoke, dealing with drug addicts and drunks, lack of proper PPE.
A family environment in an adult industry
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Valley View, CAJune 24, 2016
Caring for their employees and going well above the minimums required by law, Valley View cares for their employees just as much as they do their bottom line and their guests.
Nice Place to work
Players Club Manager (Former Employee) –  Valley Center, CAFebruary 21, 2015
Great environment to grow as a professional. Staff are friendly and are willing to help. Corporate culture is positive and the food is great. There are many people there who have worked there for more than 5 years.
Great place to work, they also provide food for breaks!
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Valley Center, CAOctober 1, 2013
Valley View is a great place to work, very friendly management. Days are never the same.
Pros
free food
Cons
location
Over all a good job
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Valley CenterAugust 26, 2013
I enjoyed my time working at Valley View. All of the employees were great to work with.
Pros
benifits
Cons
the smoke filled casino
Friendly coworkers
Team Member Dining Room (Former Employee) –  Valley Center, CAJuly 25, 2012
Started on graveyard despite my overwhelming experience for that positon and relatively small establishment. Graveyard shift also enlisted very short breaks, if any, and the responsibility for the graveyard cook was well beyond the compensation considering the responsibilities required. The graveyard cook was sometimes the only BOH employee for the whole casino. Responsible for finishing dinner for employees, prepping breakfast, and serving other grave employees, simultaneously supporting any culinary needs for the rest of the casino. Without my vast experience, I probably would have been completely lost with no one to ask, not to mention fighting having to stay up all night. After a year of toughing out this job and at the same time I was eligible for a promotion, I was discharged for "lack of experience"(?). I only liked this job because it was barely keeping my head above water but figured that the payout from staying would be worthwhile considering what I had to do. I was sorely disappointed. In my opinion, management had poor skills when it came to discussing alternatives to my complaints, showed below average food knowledge in general, and overall made my tenure at this establishment a very sour one in retrospect.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
sometimes no breaks, low pay, (see description)