Valley View Casino Employee Reviews in United States

Great learing experience working as a Security Officer/Lead Dispatcher
Security Officer / Lead Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Valley Center, CAMay 1, 2016
I enjoyed working as a Security Officer/Lead Dispatcher at Valley View Casino. The contact with patrons and dealing with outside venders was a great learning experience. The most beneficial experience was learning how to become an exceptional leader and team player.
Pros
Great learing experience
Great casino to work for
Audit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Valley Center, CAJanuary 3, 2016
It's great to work for a company that values it's employees and treats them great. I enjoyed all the little things associated with working with the casino. The people such as management and team members are great people to work with. I enjoyed coming to work everyday despite the long commute.
Pros
PAID LUNCH HOUR AND FREE EMPLOYEE BUFFET
Cons
LONG COMMUTE FROM TEMECULA
Terrible place to work.
Dealer (Former Employee) –  Valley Center, CAJuly 7, 2015
No job security at all. Management is uneducated and inexperienced and have no management training. They're always trying to find fault instead of being the positive.
Pros
FREE FOOD
Cons
NO JOB SECURITY
Productive; fun workplace;
Environmental Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Valley Center, CAJuly 6, 2015
Working at Valley View Casino was an awesome experience. As part of the management team, I assisted in the direction of the Environmental Department. My duties included, arranging and setting schedules for team members assuring correct coverage, supply inventory and ordering supplies, conduct new employee orientations, proper training on cleaning chemicals, and collaborate with other department to insure best outcome for profits and client satisfaction. Working for this company enriched me with vast managerial experiences, however, a down side to this job was the hours I needed to work. As an Assistant Manager, I was responsible to meet with three different shifts at times, starting with morning shift, swing shift, and sometimes graveyard shift. This job would be an excellent for an individual with more freedom of schedule. At the time I was working and going to school, so my schedule was a little compromised most of the time. Overall, I have a great experience with this employer.
Pros
Opportunity for growth and development
Cons
work schedule can varied at short notice
Acquire a mid-level position in Customer Service, Hospitality Industry, utilizing my education, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Guest Services (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 6, 2015
Valley View Casino Center San Diego, CA 06/00 to Present

Guest Services: Provided general directions and information, Assisted disabled patrons to their seat and assist with anything else that is required of us during that event.

Porter: Clean Floors, Restrooms, and clean seating area during events. 04/97 to 06/00

Smile Care San Diego, CA 11/08 to 12/ 08

Dental Assistant Externship: Greet patient, seat and dismiss patients, take x-rays, assisted with four / six dentistry, ensured disinfection / sterilization, setup and restock operators
Go Staff San Diego, CA 04/10 to 02/14

Housekeeper: Travel to different homes and businesses to clean up after construction work, floods, and fires. Provide pack outs, pack in, Deep Cleaning, etc.

Casa De Manana San Diego, CA 03/11 to 06/11

Housekeeper: Clean Residents Apartment and Villas, Public Area, Laundry
Pros
keeping busy
Cons
breaks
One of the best
Main bank Finance (Former Employee) –  Valley Center, CASeptember 20, 2014
I really loved working for Valley View Casino, Great pay awesome benefits, wonderful free meals before during and after shift uniforms supplied and fitted. Training and advancement opportunities, Supportive management friendly professional co workers. Loved this job and would be there still if I lived closer. Unfortunately I had to leave the area but left on good terms rehire status. I'd say it was one of the best jobs I've had.
Pros
great benefits and pay is excellent
Cons
it's a long dark drive out in the country
Monotonous, long, and requires zero brain activity
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Valley Center, CaliforniaJune 16, 2014
Very poor management
open favoritism
doesn't abide by California labor laws
open harassment
unhelpful HR department
located on reservation, so not much accountability as a corporation or other businesses located in California
decent pay
paid lunch
Fun and energetic workplace with free food
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Valley Center, CAJanuary 15, 2014
Fast paced work envoironment, cashing out vouchers, balance other employee cash drawers for audit purposes, buy cash and audit it in. I learned how to work on the count team and helped with emptying all the slot machines when the need arised. Management was allways available to help out and very friendly. Co-workers were allways willing to help out and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was consentrating when it got loud (concerts). The easiest part was getting along with everyone.
Pros
free food and fun to work for
Cons
high stress due to being loud
Stressful
Slot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Valley Center, CADecember 14, 2013
I enjoyed working there, but it became stressful at times because there were many days that I was treated poorly and often came into work wondering if I was going to lose my job.
Fun, Friendly, Fast
Cashier/Hostess/Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Valley Center, CASeptember 5, 2013
I had the chance to meet so many people and go to concerts that I can say I truly enjoyed working there.
Pros
concerts, friends, schedule
Cons
late hours
Awsome Place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Valley Center, CAJuly 6, 2013
The benifits are great!! You can't beat a free meal!! The energy was awsome!
Pros
great benifits
Cons
n/a
A fun and productive workplace with oppurtunity
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Valley Center, CAJuly 5, 2013
technical skills and mentorship are the typical tasks that I perform daily. I learned that there are many different personalities to accommodate in carrying the responsibility of management. Being honest, humble and seeking assistance to further my knowledge is an obligation to me. I love being a mentor and enjoy seeing my peers grow. The hardest part of the job is letting people go. the most enjoyable part of the job is when everything is working.
Pros
free meals and bonuses
Cons
2nd hand smoke
Enjoyed meeting and servicing casino guests
Lead Player Development Rep (Former Employee) –  Valley Center, CANovember 4, 2012
As Lead Player Dev Rep, I was responsible for meeting guests needs and offering appropriate comps to ensure guest loyalty while creating enjoyable guest experience when guests visited Valley View Property. Overall the Valley View employees were a pleasure to work with and staff usually pulled together to assist each department. The most discouraging part of this job, was continually being short staffed. In my opinion, some departments had a management team that were poorly trained and lacked true leadership skills.
Pros
challenging, ever changing and fun environment, as well as, affordable health benefits
Cons
no holidays off which is usual for casino environment
A fun environment
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Valley Center, CAOctober 3, 2012
I was able to handle big amounts of money every day, in a happy environment, plus all the we the employees had our own buffet all you can eat during your breaks.
Pros
free meals
Cons
second hand smoke
Love working there, and the benefits was great.
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Valley Center, CASeptember 5, 2012
Working in a casino and be very busy, I work 5 or sometime 6 days a week and overtime was unreal. Learn lot about this company and the people there, and the overall experience was good, but it could be excellent. Management, where some good ones and some are clueless or lack of experience in that place. I love my co-workers we all got along and made wonderful friends I well always remember, all the hard work they have come to keep the casino going. I get to see people win money or prizes and that too me feel really good to know, somebody is coming home with money in the wallets and winning.
Pros
benefits was great
Cons
management was poor
Productive and always a pleasure to work
Assistant Manager for VIP Club (Former Employee) –  Valley Center, CaliforniaAugust 8, 2012
Valley View Casino was a great casino to work for. I was part of the grand opening and within a month I was promoted in a position and promoted with higher pay.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
graveyard shift is a must
Deli Attendant
Deli Attendant (Former Employee) –  Valley Center, CAJuly 26, 2012
Extremely busy job always had a hard time getting the supplies we needed. No manager back up for the employees. Seemed to make their own rules as they went along. Had two different illnesses and both times was laid off because of them. Run by the Indian Reservations and our Government laws for employment didn't work for them. I would never go back to this company again.
Loved my co-workers we all worked extremely hard at our jobs.
Pros
not many
Cons
indian reservation
Great People, Bad Leadership
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Valley Center, CaJuly 23, 2012
Policies are so outdated and over writen that it is imposible to get everyone on the same page. One company, many double standards.
Pros
free food, great atmosphere
Cons
upper managment, policies, company won't help team members with issues till its too late, low wages.
Good Job...
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Valley Center, CaJuly 11, 2012
I like being able to interact with customers and share in their excitement when they were winning on the machines however, i did not like working in a smoking environment and did not like working nights and the management did not seem to care so much for the employees.
Pros
interacting with customers
Cons
poor management and care for employees
Excellent
DEALER (Former Employee) –  Valley Center, CAMay 9, 2012
excellent place to work. very nice atomsphere and entertainments, exciting, people are very nice and friendly place. small enivronment but cozy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valley View Casino. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3