Valley View Casino Employee Reviews

Productive; fun workplace;
Environmental Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Valley Center, CAJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Opportunity for growth and development
Cons: work schedule can varied at short notice
Working at Valley View Casino was an awesome experience. As part of the management team, I assisted in the direction of the Environmental Department. My duties included, arranging and setting schedules for team members assuring correct coverage, supply inventory and ordering supplies, conduct new employee orientations, proper training on cleaning chemicals, and collaborate with other department to insure best outcome for profits and client satisfaction. Working for this company enriched me with vast managerial experiences, however, a down side to this job was the hours I needed to work. As an Assistant Manager, I was responsible to meet with three different shifts at times, starting with morning shift, swing shift, and sometimes graveyard shift. This job would be an excellent for an individual with more freedom of schedule. At the time I was working and going to school, so my schedule was a little compromised most of the time. Overall, I have a great experience with this employer.
Acquire a mid-level position in Customer Service, Hospitality Industry, utilizing my education, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Guest Services (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: keeping busy
Cons: breaks
Valley View Casino Center San Diego, CA 06/00 to Present

Guest Services: Provided general directions and information, Assisted disabled patrons to their seat and assist with anything else that is required of us during that event.

Porter: Clean Floors, Restrooms, and clean seating area during events. 04/97 to 06/00

Smile Care San Diego, CA 11/08 to 12/ 08

Dental Assistant Externship: Greet patient, seat and dismiss patients, take x-rays, assisted with four / six dentistry, ensured disinfection / sterilization, setup and restock operators
Go Staff San Diego, CA 04/10 to 02/14

Housekeeper: Travel to different homes and businesses to clean up after construction work, floods, and fires. Provide pack outs, pack in, Deep Cleaning, etc.

Casa De Manana San Diego, CA 03/11 to 06/11

Housekeeper: Clean Residents Apartment and Villas, Public Area, Laundry
One of the best
Main bank Finance (Former Employee), Valley Center, CASeptember 20, 2014
Pros: great benefits and pay is excellent
Cons: it's a long dark drive out in the country
I really loved working for Valley View Casino, Great pay awesome benefits, wonderful free meals before during and after shift uniforms supplied and fitted. Training and advancement opportunities, Supportive management friendly professional co workers. Loved this job and would be there still if I lived closer. Unfortunately I had to leave the area but left on good terms rehire status. I'd say it was one of the best jobs I've had.
High volume and high standards
Line Cook/Pastry Cook (Former Employee), Valley Center, CAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: casino never closes it's open 365 days a year, no holidays
A typical day consist of a nonstop pace through out the shift. It is a high volume environment. Every place has it's good and it's bad with management and co-workers and this place is no different.
Monotonous, long, and requires zero brain activity
Hostess (Former Employee), Valley Center, CaliforniaJune 16, 2014
Very poor management
open favoritism
doesn't abide by California labor laws
open harassment
unhelpful HR department
located on reservation, so not much accountability as a corporation or other businesses located in California
decent pay
paid lunch
n/a
Supervisor (Former Employee), Valley Center, CAMarch 19, 2014
cashier

main banker

dual rate ( supervisor )

n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a
Fun and energetic workplace with free food
Cage Cashier (Former Employee), Valley Center, CAJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: free food and fun to work for
Cons: high stress due to being loud
Fast paced work envoironment, cashing out vouchers, balance other employee cash drawers for audit purposes, buy cash and audit it in. I learned how to work on the count team and helped with emptying all the slot machines when the need arised. Management was allways available to help out and very friendly. Co-workers were allways willing to help out and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was consentrating when it got loud (concerts). The easiest part was getting along with everyone.
Stressful
Slot Attendant (Former Employee), Valley Center, CADecember 14, 2013
I enjoyed working there, but it became stressful at times because there were many days that I was treated poorly and often came into work wondering if I was going to lose my job.
Fun, Friendly, Fast
Cashier/Hostess/Banquet Server (Former Employee), Valley Center, CASeptember 5, 2013
Pros: concerts, friends, schedule
Cons: late hours
I had the chance to meet so many people and go to concerts that I can say I truly enjoyed working there.
Awsome Place to work
Hostess (Former Employee), Valley Center, CAJuly 6, 2013
Pros: great benifits
Cons: n/a
The benifits are great!! You can't beat a free meal!! The energy was awsome!
A fun and productive workplace with oppurtunity
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), Valley Center, CAJuly 5, 2013
Pros: free meals and bonuses
Cons: 2nd hand smoke
technical skills and mentorship are the typical tasks that I perform daily. I learned that there are many different personalities to accommodate in carrying the responsibility of management. Being honest, humble and seeking assistance to further my knowledge is an obligation to me. I love being a mentor and enjoy seeing my peers grow. The hardest part of the job is letting people go. the most enjoyable part of the job is when everything is working.
Enjoyed meeting and servicing casino guests
Lead Player Development Rep (Former Employee), Valley Center, CANovember 4, 2012
Pros: challenging, ever changing and fun environment, as well as, affordable health benefits
Cons: no holidays off which is usual for casino environment
As Lead Player Dev Rep, I was responsible for meeting guests needs and offering appropriate comps to ensure guest loyalty while creating enjoyable guest experience when guests visited Valley View Property. Overall the Valley View employees were a pleasure to work with and staff usually pulled together to assist each department. The most discouraging part of this job, was continually being short staffed. In my opinion, some departments had a management team that were poorly trained and lacked true leadership skills.
A fun environment
Cage Cashier (Former Employee), Valley Center, CAOctober 3, 2012
Pros: free meals
Cons: second hand smoke
I was able to handle big amounts of money every day, in a happy environment, plus all the we the employees had our own buffet all you can eat during your breaks.
Love working there, and the benefits was great.
Cage Cashier (Former Employee), Valley Center, CASeptember 5, 2012
Pros: benefits was great
Cons: management was poor
Working in a casino and be very busy, I work 5 or sometime 6 days a week and overtime was unreal. Learn lot about this company and the people there, and the overall experience was good, but it could be excellent. Management, where some good ones and some are clueless or lack of experience in that place. I love my co-workers we all got along and made wonderful friends I well always remember, all the hard work they have come to keep the casino going. I get to see people win money or prizes and that too me feel really good to know, somebody is coming home with money in the wallets and winning.
Productive and always a pleasure to work
Assistant Manager for VIP Club (Former Employee), Valley Center, CaliforniaAugust 8, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: graveyard shift is a must
Valley View Casino was a great casino to work for. I was part of the grand opening and within a month I was promoted in a position and promoted with higher pay.
Deli Attendant
Deli Attendant (Former Employee), Valley Center, CAJuly 26, 2012
Pros: not many
Cons: indian reservation
Extremely busy job always had a hard time getting the supplies we needed. No manager back up for the employees. Seemed to make their own rules as they went along. Had two different illnesses and both times was laid off because of them. Run by the Indian Reservations and our Government laws for employment didn't work for them. I would never go back to this company again.
Loved my co-workers we all worked extremely hard at our jobs.
Great People, Bad Leadership
Security Officer (Former Employee), Valley Center, CaJuly 23, 2012
Pros: free food, great atmosphere
Cons: upper managment, policies, company won't help team members with issues till its too late, low wages.
Policies are so outdated and over writen that it is imposible to get everyone on the same page. One company, many double standards.
Good Job...
Customer Service (Former Employee), Valley Center, CaJuly 11, 2012
Pros: interacting with customers
Cons: poor management and care for employees
I like being able to interact with customers and share in their excitement when they were winning on the machines however, i did not like working in a smoking environment and did not like working nights and the management did not seem to care so much for the employees.
Excellent
DEALER (Former Employee), Valley Center, CAMay 9, 2012
excellent place to work. very nice atomsphere and entertainments, exciting, people are very nice and friendly place. small enivronment but cozy.
Very Productive.
Server/Busser (Former Employee), Valley Center, CAMarch 6, 2012
It is a fast pace working environment. What makes it great working here is that there is always something to do.