Valley View Hospital Employee Reviews

Good Work Environment
Lead Tech Sterile Processing (Current Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COJune 26, 2017
Overall a great place to work. Dislike the views of management on advancement opportunity. Generally they are understanding and great. I have had difficulties with being advanced in position without title or pay
Great starting point for me
Radiology Secretary/Cardiology Secretary/Tech (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKJune 22, 2017
I worked here for 5years, had the opportunity to work in several different departments and get to know so many co-workers. As much as I enjoyed working here I never felt it was the right fit for me. Clash with management and the workload.
Supportive of nursing
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COJune 12, 2017
I have worked at Valley View for many years. Overall they are supportive of their nursing staff. I have not had the opportunity to work there as a nurse practitioner.
Very positive, supportive work environment.
Level II Nursery RN (Former Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COMay 10, 2017
Mangers and co-workers were supportive and promoted a learning environment. I learned a great deal about caring for the neonate in a Level II Nursery, as well as attending high-risk deliveries.
Pros
Fun, friendly work environment with compassionate manger and co-workers
Cons
Unable to move to the day shift position, remained in the night shift position
great place to work.
RN (Former Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COApril 24, 2017
Valley View Hospital has a warm caring environment that makes a patient and staff feel right at home. This is important for healing. The staff is empathetic, educated, energetic and they really care for their patient. Management really helps staff to grow and care about staff as friends and coworkers. It is exceptional to work there.
Hard work for little pay
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COApril 5, 2017
Do you like hard work for little pay? No chances of advancement and no support from management? Then this is the place for you! Come and see the wonders of incompetence at Valley View. You will be whisked away by the constant work and little know how of the many talentless staff members. Your heart will race with excitement at the lack of support and knowledge of the labs management. If all this sounds good to you then you belong here!
Good Work experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COApril 1, 2017
Learned a little about the medical field. Good people to work with. Some patience were mice. This only part time. I wish it was full time. Some days were slow, needed more work.
Pros
Learning about the medicsl field
Cons
Getting to work can be too far
Fun Staff
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COFebruary 20, 2017
Really nice clinic to work for, great people. Great company. The culture was fun to be around. A typical day at work was 8-5.
Great people!
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COJanuary 5, 2017
Working in the lab has been a new experience from my usual MA positions. Coworkers have been pretty good overall except for a couple of people. As far as turn-over, the lab takes first place. Management is poor. There is no communication and during training, you never knew from day to day who was going to train you. Management never did any training...only co-workers and everyone trained differently...not consistent at all.
Cons
Parking, expensive cafeteria.
Wonderful staff
Senior Purchasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COJanuary 1, 2017
I have been at this company for 10+ years. It is a wonderful place to work at. I love how they are very involved in the community.
Pros
Wonderful staff.
Loved this job
Director of ICU (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZOctober 24, 2016
Valley view was a great place to work! The only reason I left was secondary to my necessary move to Montana. Supportive management, great team work.
pruductive fun place to work
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKJuly 28, 2016
I enjoyed working weekends and having time to myself during the week. I was also raising two young children and my work schedule was perfect.
My 8 years at Valley View Hospital were excellent.
Secretary to Employee Health and Mammography (Former Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COJune 9, 2016
During the 8 years I worked at Valley View Hospital I held 3 different positions, two in the Imaging Department, and one in the Employee Health Department. Of course, these are real humans I was working with, but I witnessed a genuine compassion and a desire to provide the best care possible for the patients and their families and friends. I had a special advantage to witness this as I am fluent in Spanish and English, and was called upon to interpret in virtually every department of the hospital from time to time. I would highly recommend working for VVH if you ever have the opportunity.
Top heavy hospital with fewer perks every year
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COMay 16, 2016
Valley View Hospital used to be a great place to work, but every year there is more taken away while expectations of staff increase. Patient load is unsafe and pay is lower than at other comparable area hospitals. Co-workers are great and they are the most enjoyable part of the job. the physician nurse relationship is also very good and is part of the culture.
Pros
beautiful facility
Cons
heavy patient loads, poor management
Great culture and support
PFS Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COMarch 9, 2016
As a seasoned financial business professional, I transitioned to VVH from banking/financial services and found that I truly excel in the healthcare setting. Valley View gave me the opportunity to join the revenue cycle team, and I feel my diverse background has brought a valuable perspective to our facility.
Great place to work!
PRN (Former Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COSeptember 14, 2015
Holistic approach to pt care! This Hospital mirrors its mission statement! Great to employees. Management easily accessed!
Being able to enter act with patients
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COJune 24, 2015
I would be at work by 7am. Collect all the specimens from patients in ICU, acute care, family birth place. Then process them to the departments in the lab. Answer call to the ER, surgery as well as the front office etc. Management seemed to pit coworkers against coworkers. We had a hard time settling differences between coworker because management was non existent. Seemed to be a clique with in the lab which was very difficult, and stressful. The best part of the position was the friendships I made with many patients and staff, being able to assist the nurses with patient care.
Pros
Good insurance, vacation time
Cons
stressful situations.
Productive and friendly environment
Dietary Aide PRN/Registrar Full Time (Former Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COApril 26, 2015
Love this place everyone is nice and helpful. Great benefits great job opportunities they are willing to train you for any job you are interested in
Amazing work enviroment
Dietary Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glenwood SpringsJanuary 20, 2015
Valley Veiw Hospital is a Planetree patient Centered Hospital. It looks and feels like a hotel. They have massage therapy, music, even animals. There is no Hierarchy at Valley View from Enviromental Services to Practitioners everyone is important and everyone is friends. The food is incredible. The hardest part about working at Valley View would be leaving. If you have an opportunity to work here. TAKE IT. ;)
Pros
Great Benifits, Paid time off, Incredible staff
Cons
Parking!!
Nice place to work as long as you're busy...
Respiratory Tech (Former Employee) –  Glenwood SpringsNovember 22, 2014
This place is very nice to work. However, my position was yanked out from underneath me when they were building a cancer center. My manager's position was also deleted shortly thereafter.
Pros
Very nice, but expensive cafeteria.
Cons
Shift work involves nights and/or 12 hr shifts.