Valley View Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Great culture and support
PFS Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COMarch 9, 2016
As a seasoned financial business professional, I transitioned to VVH from banking/financial services and found that I truly excel in the healthcare setting. Valley View gave me the opportunity to join the revenue cycle team, and I feel my diverse background has brought a valuable perspective to our facility.
Being able to enter act with patients
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COJune 24, 2015
I would be at work by 7am. Collect all the specimens from patients in ICU, acute care, family birth place. Then process them to the departments in the lab. Answer call to the ER, surgery as well as the front office etc. Management seemed to pit coworkers against coworkers. We had a hard time settling differences between coworker because management was non existent. Seemed to be a clique with in the lab which was very difficult, and stressful. The best part of the position was the friendships I made with many patients and staff, being able to assist the nurses with patient care.
Pros
Good insurance, vacation time
Cons
stressful situations.
Great place to work!
PRN (Former Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COSeptember 14, 2015
Holistic approach to pt care! This Hospital mirrors its mission statement! Great to employees. Management easily accessed!
Egalitarian. High value upon teamwork and work-life balance. Healthy and beautifully aesthetic work place.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COOctober 10, 2012
Excellent management and nursing directors in ICU and AC, where I worked. Great family birthplace unit and NICU--floated there once/month. 8 hour shifts available. First name basis with docs, award-winning ER staff. For a small (10 ICU and 35 AC beds) regional hospital we saw it all, and it was always invigorating to nurse to peds, geriatric, psych, neuro and hospice/palliative patients all in the same night. CUtting edge tech and documenting systems. Salt of the earth co-workers that hail from diverse parts of the country, transplants and Colorado natives both.
Pros
employee rewards for fitness training, diet counseling, stress management, patient centered culture
Cons
low census on-call, rns do total patient care (no lpns or cnas--sometimes this was cool, sometimes taxing)
Productive and friendly environment
Dietary Aide PRN/Registrar Full Time (Former Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COApril 26, 2015
Love this place everyone is nice and helpful. Great benefits great job opportunities they are willing to train you for any job you are interested in
Amazing work enviroment
Dietary Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glenwood SpringsJanuary 20, 2015
Valley Veiw Hospital is a Planetree patient Centered Hospital. It looks and feels like a hotel. They have massage therapy, music, even animals. There is no Hierarchy at Valley View from Enviromental Services to Practitioners everyone is important and everyone is friends. The food is incredible. The hardest part about working at Valley View would be leaving. If you have an opportunity to work here. TAKE IT. ;)
Pros
great benifits, paid time off, incredible staff
Cons
parking!!
Great place to work.
Oncology Nurse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, ColoradaSeptember 15, 2014
I spent nine months working at Valley View Hospital and I really missed working there. My day started at 8:00 AM and ended at 6:30 PM, or whenever my last patient left the clinic. Some days were busy and somewhat chaotic, but indeed rewarding and other days were calm, steady flowing and peaceful but also rewarding. My co-workers were friendly and very supportive. I have learned that people (individual) have the options to work together and build a successful team without the pressure of management if they want to. The hardest part of my job was understanding management and what what it meant to the people who are in that position. The most enjoyable and admirable part of my job was being at work, working together with my co-workers, impacting people lives (through laughter, cries and disappointments), and making a difference in the community.
Pros
lunch outside with co-working overlooking the mountains, free lunch every tuesday and thursday, free coffee throughout the day
Cons
too much staff meetings
Great Benefits and flexibility
Insurance verification specialist (Current Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COApril 6, 2014
A typical day a work consist of calling insurance companies to obtain benefit and pre-certification information for medical services. Through this job I've had the opportunity to learn the way benefits affect a patient's hospital stay. I've also learned how to establish good communication with all the Dr. Offices that send patients to Valley View Hospital.
I have been very lucky to work with an amazing group of people.
The hardest part of the job is sometimes obtaining clinical information to obtain prior authorization.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility in working hours.
Sad accountability of petty leaders
Clinical Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glenwood Springs,COOctober 31, 2014
I truly loved working here in my 7 whole week stay. I came with exerience and was the top producer in my last two jobs in the same field. I know my job well. I was heavily recruited with generous pay and relocation to be supervised by a person who does not have a clue of how the role works. I tried tirelessly to meet her requests or explain why they are totaly unrealistic in establising a new CDI prgram in 4-7 weeks. The doctors are great, the nurses are great and most everyone I met was great but if you get someone who is a social, career climber as a boss do not expect to have any support from C-suite management, no matter what they tell you to your face. And sadly everyone is so afraid of her malovelent history they walk in fear to speak truth.

I try to stay out of gossip and as a result discover two days before my SUPRISE termination, that the director has a history of staying 2 years and moving on just as people see what she truly is as a person.

I never was not willing to do anything I just explained establishing a CDI program took time, and if you continue to spread the ONE CDI so thin ( being the worker and the one to establish metric) and request that CDI educate providers "by skimming and giving the highlights", despite explaining that does not work with highly intelligent, concrete physicians in the world of CDI, that the progam wil NOT be effective. I explained clearly in my interveiw what I knew and what I did not know. They assured me that I would never ber required to do the "job description"initailly without giving me the training. That did not turn out to
  more... be true. RETELLING THE TRUTH that I did not have the knowledge to do what they wanted, a truth I clearly stated in my interview....the consequence of that is being called insubordinate and have that supported by the C-suite- and HR. Making you not a "team fit" in a whole 7 weeks, thought they relocate your family.

Bottom line be wary when your manager knows nothing about your job and your job is a complex one.

Coincidentally- my "deficits" were the exact same that they told me were the deficits of the person in the role before me. Small simple people suvive on intimidation and fear. BEWARE of overly zealous, "it's the best place in the world" types. I sadly always truly belive that will exist. I'm not sure after this one that hope will ever exist any further in my life time. I have NEVER BEEN TERMINATED and have always worked very hard to exceed what ever standards, metrics set. I have never even been witness to this sort of employment practice in my life. BE VERY WARY to look into CDI at this facility and if there is enough information to identify me feel free to contact me throught the ACDIS website before you buy into any lies and uproot your life.
Pros
great people in many departments, beautiful facility
Cons
lack of following of any protocol, no process required at all for termination, no write up necessary because they are "at will" employer. cause not relevant consideration
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glenwood Springs CoMay 19, 2014
Wonderful Reviews, excellent staff and co-workers, very planetree hospital, everyone is always very helpful and understanding, excellent health benefits.
Pros
excellent health benefits
Chance To Improve Job Skills
CNA (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKAugust 6, 2013
A great place to work with many varied jobs available. A typical day at work would include the collection of vital signs from the patients, followed by entering them into the computer system. This would be followed by the serving of breakfast, and then on to collecting breakfast trays and beginning showers for patients and the changing of bed linens. This collection of vital signs would begin again before the changing of shifts with the addition of lunch being served in between. The hardest part of the job was working with a limited amount of coworkers as there seems to be a shortage of CNA's. The most rewarding part of the job was to be able to make a visible difference in someone's life at their time of need.
Nice place to work as long as you're busy...
Respiratory Tech (Former Employee) –  Glenwood SpringsNovember 22, 2014
This place is very nice to work. However, my position was yanked out from underneath me when they were building a cancer center. My manager's position was also deleted shortly thereafter.
Pros
very nice, but expensive cafeteria.
Cons
shift work involves nights and/or 12 hr shifts.
Ok place to work
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Eagle, COJanuary 22, 2014
I enjoy the people I work with. My days vary. Management is constantly in flux.
Rn
RN (Former Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COFebruary 9, 2014
This position was at a 6,000 ft above sea level. The ailments that come with that environment were most interesting to learn.
Very friendly staff
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COJune 17, 2013
Dealing with the staff and patients. The hospital is under the Plane Tree model which takes the best of Hospitals, Hotels and Spas and puts them together under one roof to help facilitate healing.
Great place and supportive of new RN grads
RN (Current Employee) –  Glenwood SpringsJuly 14, 2013
Valley View Hospital is supportive of their new RN graduate students. They support growth and encourage their RNs to expand their horizons!
Job Review
Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZJuly 2, 2012
Its' a job and I am thankful that I have one with so many people out of work I have alt to be thankful for
Pros
have a job
Cons
insurance could be better