Valley View Hospital

Valley View Hospital Employer Reviews

Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Glenwood Springs CoMay 19, 2014
Pros: excellent health benefits
Wonderful Reviews, excellent staff and co-workers, very planetree hospital, everyone is always very helpful and understanding, excellent health benefits.
Great Benefits and flexibility
Insurance verification specialist (Current Employee), Glenwood Springs, COApril 6, 2014
A typical day a work consist of calling insurance companies to obtain benefit and pre-certification information for medical services. Through this job I've had the opportunity to learn the way benefits affect a patient's hospital stay. I've also learned how to establish good communication with all the Dr. Offices that send patients to Valley View Hospital.
I – more... have been very lucky to work with an amazing group of people.
The hardest part of the job is sometimes obtaining clinical information to obtain prior authorization.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility in working hours. – less
RN
RN (Former Employee), Glenwood Springs, COFebruary 9, 2014
This position was at a 6,000 ft above sea level. The ailments that come with that environment were most interesting to learn.
Ok place to work
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee), Eagle, COJanuary 22, 2014
I enjoy the people I work with. My days vary. Management is constantly in flux.
Chance To Improve Job Skills
CNA (Former Employee), Ada, OKAugust 6, 2013
A great place to work with many varied jobs available. A typical day at work would include the collection of vital signs from the patients, followed by entering them into the computer system. This would be followed by the serving of breakfast, and then on to collecting breakfast trays and beginning showers for patients and the changing of bed linens. – more... This collection of vital signs would begin again before the changing of shifts with the addition of lunch being served in between. The hardest part of the job was working with a limited amount of coworkers as there seems to be a shortage of CNA's. The most rewarding part of the job was to be able to make a visible difference in someone's life at their time of need. – less
Great place and supportive of new RN grads
RN (Current Employee), Glenwood SpringsJuly 14, 2013
Valley View Hospital is supportive of their new RN graduate students. They support growth and encourage their RNs to expand their horizons!
Very friendly staff
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Glenwood Springs, COJune 17, 2013
Dealing with the staff and patients. The hospital is under the Plane Tree model which takes the best of Hospitals, Hotels and Spas and puts them together under one roof to help facilitate healing.
Egalitarian. High value upon teamwork and work-life balance. Healthy and beautifully aesthetic work place.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Glenwood Springs, COOctober 10, 2012
Pros: employee rewards for fitness training, diet counseling, stress management, patient centered culture
Cons: low census on-call, rns do total patient care (no lpns or cnas--sometimes this was cool, sometimes taxing)
Excellent management and nursing directors in ICU and AC, where I worked. Great family birthplace unit and NICU--floated there once/month. 8 hour shifts available. First name basis with docs, award-winning ER staff. For a small (10 ICU and 35 AC beds) regional hospital we saw it all, and it was always invigorating to nurse to peds, geriatric, psych, – more... neuro and hospice/palliative patients all in the same night. CUtting edge tech and documenting systems. Salt of the earth co-workers that hail from diverse parts of the country, transplants and Colorado natives both. – less
Job Review
Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Bullhead City, AZJuly 2, 2012
Pros: have a job
Cons: insurance could be better
ITS' A JOB AND I AM THANKFUL THAT I HAVE ONE WITH SO MANY PEOPLE OUT OF WORK I HAVE ALT TO BE THANKFUL FOR