Valley View Hospital Employee Review

View all Valley View Hospital reviews

Egalitarian. High value upon teamwork and work-life balance. Healthy and beautifully aesthetic work place.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COOctober 10, 2012
Excellent management and nursing directors in ICU and AC, where I worked. Great family birthplace unit and NICU--floated there once/month. 8 hour shifts available. First name basis with docs, award-winning ER staff. For a small (10 ICU and 35 AC beds) regional hospital we saw it all, and it was always invigorating to nurse to peds, geriatric, psych, neuro and hospice/palliative patients all in the same night. CUtting edge tech and documenting systems. Salt of the earth co-workers that hail from diverse parts of the country, transplants and Colorado natives both.
Pros
employee rewards for fitness training, diet counseling, stress management, patient centered culture
Cons
low census on-call, rns do total patient care (no lpns or cnas--sometimes this was cool, sometimes taxing)

Other Valley View Hospital Employee Reviews

Bizarre place
RN Staff (Current Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, CODecember 23, 2017
Bizarre work culture. Place has a revolving door for nurses, in the five years I’ve worked there the entire nursing staff on our unit has turned over six times.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, CODecember 18, 2017
I enjoyed volunteering her very much. I learned a lot about public service. The hospital is managed well and very clean. Would recommend working here.