Valley View Hospital Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant/OB tech (Former Employee) –  Fort Mohave, AZSeptember 13, 2017
Typical day at Valley View Hospital:

Patient Care, Vitals, Data Entry, Helping staff, assisting Doctors and Nurses, and Clerical work.

The hardest part of the job was caring others duties.

The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing patients smile and working as a team.
Pros
great communication
Cons
short staff
AR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COAugust 29, 2017
Beautiful Hospital in area that is very expensive to live. Long commutes from where i lived to work everyday. Hospital provided discounts on commuter bus passes, but commute times was over one hour every day one way.
Upper management disconnected from employees
Health Information Management (Current Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COAugust 24, 2017
Great hospital offering exceptional care. Unfortunately the upper management is too concerned with numbers and is very disconnected from the individuals that work hard to keep operations running smoothly.

Excellent co-working situation. Very erratic and money driven decision making on the part of management.
extremely busy family practice medical center
Billing Auditor (Current Employee) –  Eagle, COAugust 7, 2017
Monday through Friday job, no weekends but shifts are long and not enough staff to complete all tasks. Weak management allows for staff to do what they want with little or no consequences.
Pros
No weekends, 3 days off
Cons
Short staffed, weak management
Vvh
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COAugust 1, 2017
There are pro's and con's to working at VVH. Everyone is very nice and friendly. There are also good benefits when working here which is a plus to the worker and the family
Good Work Environment
Lead Tech Sterile Processing (Current Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COJune 26, 2017
Overall a great place to work. Dislike the views of management on advancement opportunity. Generally they are understanding and great. I have had difficulties with being advanced in position without title or pay
Great starting point for me
Radiology Secretary/Cardiology Secretary/Tech (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKJune 22, 2017
I worked here for 5years, had the opportunity to work in several different departments and get to know so many co-workers. As much as I enjoyed working here I never felt it was the right fit for me. Clash with management and the workload.
Supportive of nursing
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COJune 12, 2017
I have worked at Valley View for many years. Overall they are supportive of their nursing staff. I have not had the opportunity to work there as a nurse practitioner.
Very positive, supportive work environment.
Level II Nursery RN (Former Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COMay 10, 2017
Mangers and co-workers were supportive and promoted a learning environment. I learned a great deal about caring for the neonate in a Level II Nursery, as well as attending high-risk deliveries.
Pros
Fun, friendly work environment with compassionate manger and co-workers
Cons
Unable to move to the day shift position, remained in the night shift position
great place to work.
RN (Former Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COApril 24, 2017
Valley View Hospital has a warm caring environment that makes a patient and staff feel right at home. This is important for healing. The staff is empathetic, educated, energetic and they really care for their patient. Management really helps staff to grow and care about staff as friends and coworkers. It is exceptional to work there.
Hard work for little pay
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COApril 5, 2017
Do you like hard work for little pay? No chances of advancement and no support from management? Then this is the place for you! Come and see the wonders of incompetence at Valley View. You will be whisked away by the constant work and little know how of the many talentless staff members. Your heart will race with excitement at the lack of support and knowledge of the labs management. If all this sounds good to you then you belong here!
Good Work experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COApril 1, 2017
Learned a little about the medical field. Good people to work with. Some patience were mice. This only part time. I wish it was full time. Some days were slow, needed more work.
Pros
Learning about the medicsl field
Cons
Getting to work can be too far
Fun Staff
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COFebruary 20, 2017
Really nice clinic to work for, great people. Great company. The culture was fun to be around. A typical day at work was 8-5.
Great people!
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COJanuary 5, 2017
Working in the lab has been a new experience from my usual MA positions. Coworkers have been pretty good overall except for a couple of people. As far as turn-over, the lab takes first place. Management is poor. There is no communication and during training, you never knew from day to day who was going to train you. Management never did any training...only co-workers and everyone trained differently...not consistent at all.
Cons
Parking, expensive cafeteria.
Wonderful staff
Senior Purchasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COJanuary 1, 2017
I have been at this company for 10+ years. It is a wonderful place to work at. I love how they are very involved in the community.
Pros
Wonderful staff.
Loved this job
Director of ICU (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZOctober 24, 2016
Valley view was a great place to work! The only reason I left was secondary to my necessary move to Montana. Supportive management, great team work.
pruductive fun place to work
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKJuly 28, 2016
I enjoyed working weekends and having time to myself during the week. I was also raising two young children and my work schedule was perfect.
My 8 years at Valley View Hospital were excellent.
Secretary to Employee Health and Mammography (Former Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COJune 9, 2016
During the 8 years I worked at Valley View Hospital I held 3 different positions, two in the Imaging Department, and one in the Employee Health Department. Of course, these are real humans I was working with, but I witnessed a genuine compassion and a desire to provide the best care possible for the patients and their families and friends. I had a special advantage to witness this as I am fluent in Spanish and English, and was called upon to interpret in virtually every department of the hospital from time to time. I would highly recommend working for VVH if you ever have the opportunity.
Top heavy hospital with fewer perks every year
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COMay 16, 2016
Valley View Hospital used to be a great place to work, but every year there is more taken away while expectations of staff increase. Patient load is unsafe and pay is lower than at other comparable area hospitals. Co-workers are great and they are the most enjoyable part of the job. the physician nurse relationship is also very good and is part of the culture.
Pros
beautiful facility
Cons
heavy patient loads, poor management
Great culture and support
PFS Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COMarch 9, 2016
As a seasoned financial business professional, I transitioned to VVH from banking/financial services and found that I truly excel in the healthcare setting. Valley View gave me the opportunity to join the revenue cycle team, and I feel my diverse background has brought a valuable perspective to our facility.