Valley View Medical Center Employee Reviews

Get out!
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Mohave, AZNovember 15, 2017
Terrible place to work. Corporate ignores employee satisfaction surveys, employees in nursing haven't received raises in years, you must attract the best of the best nurses.
Pros
nothing
Cons
No raises in years
Liked my job very much
Medical Staff Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Mohave, AZJune 16, 2017
Used to be a good place to work, corporate changes leadership too often. People are fired being told their position is being terminated, then administration hires someone else for the position. No raises for the last 3 years, no overtime.
Pros
Nice facility, good doctors
Cons
Very little training, management changess too often.
Very Cliquish, Older staff eat their young- Staffing Ratios with acuity unreasonable, especially for CNAs, Orientation does not include all you need
Staff RN Medical/Surgical/Telemetry (Current Employee) –  Fort Mohave, AZMay 4, 2017
To start, can never get hold of HR personnel. They do not return calls. Difficulty in obtaining benefits. Rarely see administrative personnel (especially if you work nights). Education is non-existent except for computer modules. Orientation does not include all you need- to include access to necessary programs.
Pros
There are some really good nurses to work with
Cons
Acuity levels do not match ratios
Very excellent workplace
Offsite Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Mohave, AZFebruary 23, 2017
I was given so many opportunities to grow and learn. I owe most of my career to the caring management at this facility. They are very community oriented and compassionate people.
I love to be working in this place because I care for patients.
Cook, Cashier, Food Prep, dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Fort Mohave, AZFebruary 17, 2017
I think is time for something different even I do love my job there.
Coworkers are really nice and amazing, I recommend this place to anyone.
I remember when I applied for dishwasher and they call me the same week of 12/05/05 and I'm still there.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
And short breaks
Former employee
Specials (Former Employee) –  Ft Mohave, azAugust 18, 2016
Five or six years ago it was a good place to work but management now is cutting corners getting rid of long-term employees not doing a good job of keeping the facility clean Housekeeping is low on employees takes too long to get cleaned up for the. When you make a mistake it becomes their way of having control over the employee, you are harassed to admit something you did not do. And with proof you didn't do it, their still put it on record take away pay from you. And when you say you want to retire soon they use it to let you go. There is no good quality control on some very important areas. Where there can be something missed. They go through CEOs
Cons
Management does what it can to make others look incompetent so they look good
productive and fun
Admitting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Mohave, AZOctober 2, 2015
I wake up and love going to work my co-workers are amazing the patients are pleasent I learn new things everyday, Theres always new positions to transfer too if you want to expierence and learn.
Pros
the patients are amazing
Administrative Issues
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Mohave, AZApril 23, 2015
Poor hospital system. Lacks administrative knowledge and support at the local level with blinders at the corporate level. No support as a nurse. Reactive vs proactive environment. Very judgmental attitude limits growth. Many, many turnovers. No structure for staff.
ok place to work
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fort Mohave, AZMarch 30, 2015
It was fine till they started only having one Rt for the whole hospital than I thought it was very dangerous. Could not be in 3 places at once. So if you work there as an RT you are on your own, IE: ICU, ER Nursery ect.
Loved it!
Medical Assistant, Walk-In Clinic (Former Employee) –  centraliaMarch 15, 2015
I really do miss working for this company. They would go out of their way to help a co worker in need. I worked for the walk in clinic so we were always busy but it was an easy day with the amazing staff we had. We were like family! Of course every job has its ups and downs but finding a job that has more ups than downs is a rare thing and im sad i left this one. If given the chance i would go back in a heartbeat! Hardest part of my day would be falling behind on patients because we would get caught up in a procedure. Best part of my job was helping people who really needed it and spending the day with an awesome crew!
Pros
Great staff, understanding management, benefits, pay
Cons
short breaks
always some one to laugh with
Charge Nurse in ED (Current Employee) –  Fort, DRJanuary 29, 2015
my night shift started out scheduling on come staff assignment report about the patients in the ED. I learn each and every day that i work. as nurse we all have are good time and bad days. We just need to always have understanding for are patients and are team that is on. I have learn a lot about management a charting working here. I do like working here. But i went to be closer to family
Pros
being able help my team
Good hospital to work for in AZ
Director of Surgical and Cath Lab Services (Former Employee) –  Fort Mohave, AZSeptember 30, 2014
Director of surgical services and cath lab, great place to grow as a director, great staff, peers good to work with as well
Great supportive staff
REGISTERED NURSE/STAFF (Former Employee) –  Fort Mohave, AZAugust 24, 2014
recovering various types of surgical patients after surgery, patient census varies, some days home early, some we stay late. This type of work area it is hard to accumulate PTO. Co-workers are friendly and supportive. It becomes difficult when we are not staffed appropriately. Patient care is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Working with great people
Cons
Not building up PTO
Dedicated Physical Therapy team
Student Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Mohave, AZJuly 17, 2014
The Physical Therapy team were all very gracious in mentoring students. The atmosphere was laid back but professional and very patient orientated. The hardest part of the clinical experience was the documentation. The most enjoyable part was being given the opportunity to plan and execute treatments and learn new skills.
Pros
great camaraderie
Cons
documentation system very time consuming
Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant/ Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Mohave, AZMay 22, 2014
once again a good place to work moved to different town why are we required to do this?
Team oriented and patient focused.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Fort Mohave, AZJanuary 2, 2014
Typically I would have up to six patients requiring a variety of treatments. I have learned time managemant and the necessity of prioritizing. Management maintained continuous involvement with staff and patient care. Staff members displayed eagerness to teach and mentor. The ability to help others is the most enjoyable part of my work.
I love this place!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Mohave Valley, AZAugust 5, 2013
For months before the hospital opened the pharmacist and I had to " "build" the computer operating system for the pharmacy. Everyday we would process orders for our patients. Then we would prepare the IV therapy and med's for each patient. Also part of my job was maintaining and ordering drugs within the budget. Maintaining and complying with policy and procedure. Knowing inside and out how to maintain/fix the automated drug dispensing machines. Hardest part of the job was when there were medical emergencies. Remembering the different way's the doc's did things and the drugs they needed "yesterday". Most enjoyable part was the people. Also, was a sense of completion each day knowing we beat the clock! I was on the team that put together this brand new hospital. From blue prints to opening day. I ordered everything needed to open a successful operation.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Worked in Arizona which was on a different time zone as was I in California.
Enjoyed working at VVMC they were very professional and worked as a team. The business office was like family we all worked together for one goal.
Cash Poster (Former Employee) –  AZMay 20, 2012
I would download my remits from various EFT payors based on the bank statement. Start posting the EFT's than when I received the mail checks I would verify the totals with the other girls tape to make sure we balanced. Than I would key the payments from copies of the Explanation of Benefits and all patient payments that were received in the mail. I would than combine the EFT payments with the mail checks and the over the counter payments to confirm the total deposit to the bank and the general ledger. Every day was new because there were new challenges as I learned how the general ledger related to the cash posting and the clearing accounts. My co-workers were the best. I enjoyed all aspects of my job and the interaction with the accounting department. The hardest part was understanding how the AR impacted the general ledger and the way they linked together.
Pros
great business office staff, great working conditions
Cons
moved the business office to another city.
Great place to work/volunteer.
Front Desk Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Ft. Mohave, Arizona 86426April 3, 2012
Love my volunteer position at Valley View. Very rewarding.
Pros
wonderful company to work for.
Cons
don't know of any.