Valley View Medical Center Employee Reviews

I love this place!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Mohave Valley, AZAugust 5, 2013
For months before the hospital opened the pharmacist and I had to " "build" the computer operating system for the pharmacy. Everyday we would process orders for our patients. Then we would prepare the IV therapy and med's for each patient. Also part of my job was maintaining and ordering drugs within the budget. Maintaining and complying with policy and procedure. Knowing inside and out how to maintain/fix the automated drug dispensing machines. Hardest part of the job was when there were medical emergencies. Remembering the different way's the doc's did things and the drugs they needed "yesterday". Most enjoyable part was the people. Also, was a sense of completion each day knowing we beat the clock! I was on the team that put together this brand new hospital. From blue prints to opening day. I ordered everything needed to open a successful operation.
Pros
close to home
Cons
worked in arizona which was on a different time zone as was i in california.
Enjoyed working at VVMC they were very professional and worked as a team. The business office was like family we all worked together for one goal.
Cash Poster (Former Employee) –  AZMay 20, 2012
I would download my remits from various EFT payors based on the bank statement. Start posting the EFT's than when I received the mail checks I would verify the totals with the other girls tape to make sure we balanced. Than I would key the payments from copies of the Explanation of Benefits and all patient payments that were received in the mail. I would than combine the EFT payments with the mail checks and the over the counter payments to confirm the total deposit to the bank and the general ledger. Every day was new because there were new challenges as I learned how the general ledger related to the cash posting and the clearing accounts. My co-workers were the best. I enjoyed all aspects of my job and the interaction with the accounting department. The hardest part was understanding how the AR impacted the general ledger and the way they linked together.
Pros
great business office staff, great working conditions
Cons
moved the business office to another city.
Loved it!
Medical Assistant, Walk-In Clinic (Former Employee) –  centraliaMarch 15, 2015
I really do miss working for this company. They would go out of their way to help a co worker in need. I worked for the walk in clinic so we were always busy but it was an easy day with the amazing staff we had. We were like family! Of course every job has its ups and downs but finding a job that has more ups than downs is a rare thing and im sad i left this one. If given the chance i would go back in a heartbeat! Hardest part of my day would be falling behind on patients because we would get caught up in a procedure. Best part of my job was helping people who really needed it and spending the day with an awesome crew!
Pros
great staff, understanding management, benefits, pay
Cons
short breaks
always some one to laugh with
Charge Nurse in ED (Current Employee) –  Fort, DRJanuary 29, 2015
my night shift started out scheduling on come staff assignment report about the patients in the ED. I learn each and every day that i work. as nurse we all have are good time and bad days. We just need to always have understanding for are patients and are team that is on. I have learn a lot about management a charting working here. I do like working here. But i went to be closer to family
Pros
being able help my team
Great supportive staff
REGISTERED NURSE/STAFF (Former Employee) –  Fort Mohave, AZAugust 24, 2014
recovering various types of surgical patients after surgery, patient census varies, some days home early, some we stay late. This type of work area it is hard to accumulate PTO. Co-workers are friendly and supportive. It becomes difficult when we are not staffed appropriately. Patient care is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
working with great people
Cons
not building up pto
ok place to work
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fort Mohave, AZMarch 30, 2015
It was fine till they started only having one Rt for the whole hospital than I thought it was very dangerous. Could not be in 3 places at once. So if you work there as an RT you are on your own, IE: ICU, ER Nursery ect.
Dedicated Physical Therapy team
Student Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Mohave, AZJuly 17, 2014
The Physical Therapy team were all very gracious in mentoring students. The atmosphere was laid back but professional and very patient orientated. The hardest part of the clinical experience was the documentation. The most enjoyable part was being given the opportunity to plan and execute treatments and learn new skills.
Pros
great camaraderie
Cons
documentation system very time consuming
Team oriented and patient focused.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Fort Mohave, AZJanuary 2, 2014
Typically I would have up to six patients requiring a variety of treatments. I have learned time managemant and the necessity of prioritizing. Management maintained continuous involvement with staff and patient care. Staff members displayed eagerness to teach and mentor. The ability to help others is the most enjoyable part of my work.
Administrative Issues
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Mohave, AZApril 23, 2015
Poor hospital system. Lacks administrative knowledge and support at the local level with blinders at the corporate level. No support as a nurse. Reactive vs proactive environment. Very judgmental attitude limits growth. Many, many turnovers. No structure for staff.
Good hospital to work for in AZ
Director of Surgical and Cath Lab Services (Former Employee) –  Fort Mohave, AZSeptember 30, 2014
Director of surgical services and cath lab, great place to grow as a director, great staff, peers good to work with as well
Great place to work/volunteer.
Front Desk Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Ft. Mohave, Arizona 86426April 3, 2012
Love my volunteer position at Valley View. Very rewarding.
Pros
wonderful company to work for.
Cons
don't know of any.
Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant/ Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Mohave, AZMay 22, 2014
once again a good place to work moved to different town why are we required to do this?