Valley Yellow Pages Employee Reviews

Overall good Place to work
Directory Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fresno caSeptember 20, 2016
This was an okay company to work for. They have a lot of fun. Holiday celebrations, bonuses, benefits, raises and decent pay. They have done a few large layoffs and seem to be struggling.
Pros
Great work atmosphere and pay
Cons
Multiple layoff history
Great place to start learning abut sales
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJuly 7, 2016
For the most part your co-workers are great and you will learn a lot about sales. But it is a cut throat and there are lots of turnover. You can make great commission but have to be very thick skinned.
Pros
Lots of flexibility
Cons
Sink or swim environment
Clock in and Clock Out
Production Assistant/Proofreader (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 17, 2016
Laid back environment. Family-like feel to the company. Clock in. Work. Clock Out. Good benefits offered. Flexible bosses. Easy to balance work and family life working there.
Benefits
Cons
No Job Security
Overall a great work enviorment.
Customer Representative/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 22, 2016
Supervisor kept the team motivated and happy to thrive in daily tasks. Many tasks required a detail oriented person to over see the daily agenda, with direct contact and communication with other account executives.
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 15, 2016
Valley Yellow Pages is a great company to work. This industry of phonebooks still works but it is slowly dying. Need to focus on a career I can have for life.
Pros
Loyal advertisers.
Cons
Industry is slowly dying
Excellent Place to Work and Grow
Manager/Coporate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAOctober 21, 2015
Up until recent years, this place was an excellent place to work and grow and evolve as a leader in business.

Recent times and technology has made this industry near impossible to continue forward and attain greater levels of success, promotion, and learning.
Pros
Excellent people and benefits
Cons
Has become an outdated, underused industry
Nice company hard product to sell
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Los Altos, CASeptember 13, 2015
I learned all about cold calling, and following up on a lead. It was a hard job but I took important skills from it. Print was the most difficult product I have ever had to sell.
At one time one could make money selling
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CASeptember 9, 2015
Yellow Page Advertising has gone to the age of computers and iPhones and at one time this was a great company to work for. The company has a few successful directories still and they keep publishing.
Pros
some job flexibility
Cons
a dying industry
Fast paced environment
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CASeptember 2, 2015
Set up sales calls, prepared art work for adds, made presentations and sold advertising space. Co-workers were helpful. "Boiler room" management style. At times, very vocal and unethical approaches for obtaining results.
Great company with flexible management
Telecom & Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 3, 2015
I worked here for just over 10 years and loved it. I would still be there if I hadn't moved out of the state. The people at all levels were extremely pleasant to work with and forgiving if things didn't quite go as planned, which tends to happen in the IT world.
Wonderful and exciting field of advertising!
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJuly 31, 2015
The big negative is the younger business owners perception that print yellow page advertising isn't effective.It can be very much that if the company's market is the older clientel who use the phone book rather then just Google as most of us do today!
It was a motivating place with great benefits
Account Executive ( Outside Sales Representative) (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 11, 2015
I really enjoyed being a part of a large team environment.
The time during a day was spent driving to and from clients.
Learning about there business and planning a marketing strategy that works to benefit there advertising needs.
Pros
People skills, learning about a new business
Cons
not being in the same city every campaign
Most enjoyable job I have ever had!
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 30, 2015
The hours are great. Weekends and holidays off. Paid vacation. Great local manager. Was a great job until the internet cut into yellow page usage.
Pros
Basically you are your own boss, You are not micro-managed, Do the job and they will leave you alone.
Terrible Management
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 11, 2015
This company is not a good company to work for. The management was not professional in any way. While I was there as a Manager of a sales team of 10-15 employees.
Even though the company as a whole had difficulties my team was the top producing team in the whole region and we still kept ourselves to a much higher standard than other teams in the office. I comend my team.
family owned business.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 25, 2015
This company has soo much potential if it were to meet the customers needs and satisfaction. Too many burned bridges. If they can give the employees the tools they need to be successful this company will grow dramatically
Sold Yellow Page Advertising
Outside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAMarch 23, 2015
This was my favorite job of them all I took quadrupled my book of business in over 4 years with this company. They were a pleasure to work for.
Flexible hours.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, East BayFebruary 15, 2015
Valley Yellow Pages is a very good firm to work for. Employees are compensated well for their efforts in getting advertisers, especially if they meet or exceed their goals.
independent outside sales
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  salida caFebruary 14, 2015
Servicing current clients and obtaining new clients for phone book advertising. Expecting a 24% loss each year of current customers because of changing advertising mediums.
Good place to start in sales
Advertising Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Aptos, CAJanuary 12, 2015
okay money, hard work, little job security... but that's sales!
Pros
Good learning and start in sales
Cons
hard competing in the dying market of yellow pages
dying business
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  sacramento, caDecember 30, 2014
This company was a great company when the yellow pages was booming. Now that the internet is this biggest thing to locate business, then this is slowing dying. At this time I would not recommend anyone to work here. There are other companies that are growing with the times and this is not one of those companies.
Pros
commission only position
Cons
a dying breed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valley Yellow Pages. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7