Valley Yellow Pages

Valley Yellow Pages Employee Reviews

family owned business.
Account Executive (Former Employee), Fresno, CAMarch 25, 2015
This company has soo much potential if it were to meet the customers needs and satisfaction. Too many burned bridges. If they can give the employees the tools they need to be successful this company will grow dramatically
Sold Yellow Page Advertising
Outside Sales Rep (Former Employee), Chico, CAMarch 23, 2015
This was my favorite job of them all I took quadrupled my book of business in over 4 years with this company. They were a pleasure to work for.
Flexible hours.
Account Executive (Former Employee), San Francisco Bay Area, East BayFebruary 15, 2015
Valley Yellow Pages is a very good firm to work for. Employees are compensated well for their efforts in getting advertisers, especially if they meet or exceed their goals.
independent outside sales
Account Executive (Former Employee), salida caFebruary 14, 2015
Servicing current clients and obtaining new clients for phone book advertising. Expecting a 24% loss each year of current customers because of changing advertising mediums.
Good place to start in sales
Advertising Account Representative (Former Employee), Aptos, CAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: good learning and start in sales
Cons: hard competing in the dying market of yellow pages
okay money, hard work, little job security... but that's sales!
dying business
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), sacramento, caDecember 30, 2014
Pros: commission only position
Cons: a dying breed.
This company was a great company when the yellow pages was booming. Now that the internet is this biggest thing to locate business, then this is slowing dying. At this time I would not recommend anyone to work here. There are other companies that are growing with the times and this is not one of those companies.
Fun and Up beat
Account Executive (Former Employee), Modesto, CANovember 19, 2014
D.E.M.O was a great place to work. The were an upbeat fun filled place to work. We came together as a team to make sure the store was ran smoothely.
Increasing the amount of revenue a business brings in.
Account executive (Former Employee), Stockton, CANovember 18, 2014
I learned how to help my customers retain their current customers and how to increase business. My typical day started early and would end late depending on the amount of accounts i had to handle. I enjoyed working with the different companies i had the opportunity to work with. I learned how to better myself and how to help them better their business in a variety of aspects. But the number one aspect was great customer service.
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Fresno, CAOctober 27, 2014
I enjoyed working for Valley Yellow Pages because I learned about advertising for the telephone book. My days consist of preparing ads to scan into the data base and filing of contracts.
Great company to work for
General Manager (Former Employee), Oakland, CASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: leadership
Cons: long houts
This is one of the best company's I have worked for, great leadership, knows how to treat its people and excellent growth opportunity
Waitress
Supervisor (Former Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 4, 2014
This was not a good job , very difficult and degrading. ...............................................................................................................
Flexible
Account Executive / Sales (Former Employee), Santa Rosa, CAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: flexability
Cons: micro management
Going door to door for sales, finding new businesses to advertise in industry.
productive and good work environment
Production Assistant III/Customer Service (Former Employee), Fresno CAMay 8, 2014
Pros: outstading co-workers
Cons: lacked better training
productive and good work environment. Learned to work at a fast pace and be proficient in office setting
Productive and fun place to work
Account Executive (Former Employee), Fresno, CAMay 2, 2014
Pros: unlimited income and bonuses
Cons: a little too much micro managing and lowering the commissions every year
A typical work day at Valley Yellow Pages was challenging due to the fact that you always wanted to be the best in the office and you were competing with 40 other reps. to be the best! I learned how to be the best by working hard and diligently everyday to provide the customer service my clients expected and sell the best value added packages available. There were good managers and not so good managers. I was lucky to have a good one. I enjoyed working with most of my co-workers and got along with everybody. The hardest part of the joy was when we changed markets and some of our accounts overlapped with the other market and we had to figure out whose account it was. The mot enjoyable part of the account was the ability to make the most money I desired based on how hard I worked and I worked hard!
Fast paced highly competative sales environment.
Account Executive (Former Employee), Sacramento CAApril 22, 2014
Pros: high commissions
Cons: churn of sales people.
Wonderful training program before you start. High Commissions and bonuses. Lots of preparation for sales calls. Followup is critical. Making weekly sales goals was both an incentive and additional pressure. I enjoyed the employees and customers. I liked freedom to set up my work day. Job security was based on your weekly sales. Many people don't make it past the first month. I won numerous sales awards.
Highly ethical company
Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Fresno, CAApril 3, 2014
CEO and management team would like to move the company forward, however lack of marketing budget has restricted public exposure to the value of their product.
In the past Valley Yellow Pages has been an excellent place to work, but with recent economic downturn, not so much.
Production Assistant II (Former Employee), Fresno, CAMarch 11, 2014
Pros: health insurance, retirement, & paid vacations
Cons: increase in health insurance cost
Most days in the production department can become repetitive with the same work flow.
Challanging sales in an older/dated service product industry
Account Executive (Current Employee), Monterey Bay Area OfficeFebruary 18, 2014
Overall, good experience if your breaking into the Advertising Sales category. Tech Industry Advertising services, ie. the internet, has made sales in the print industry a challenge.
Pretty Good Company but still old school
Account Executive (Former Employee), CampbellDecember 26, 2013
Pros: independence
Cons: management focus on experienced sale people not on newbies.
Great company with good pays and benefits. The management seems to be helpful to the experienced professional rather than the newer employees.
productive workplace
Account Executive (Former Employee), Hayward, CADecember 4, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work consisted of cold calling, premising, prepping client accounts, meeting with clients and various business owners to discuss their business goals, and daily office meetings. I gained thick skin while working here, also how to stay organized. The hardest part of the job was premising. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and building relationships with various business owners.

Valley Yellow Pages Salaries