Department: Finance & Administration
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Other: Full Time, Non-Exempt, Eligible for benefits, Salary Range: $50,000-$58,436
The Paralegal will write and review contracts, advise and make recommendations to staff about contractual issues, and provide administrative services, some of a confidential nature..
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Drafts and reviews contracts.
- Advises staff and make recommendations about contractual matters.
- Analyzes and organizes research and information.
- Performs legal research.
- Checks legal forms for accuracy.
- Prepares reports.
- Prepares correspondence.
- Assists Chief Operating Officer with administrative functions. Ensure in the COO’s absence, that all requests for action and information are handled in a timely manner.
- Acting on behalf of COO, makes and receives calls for the COO, making decisions based on a high level of judgment and knowledge of operations.
- Interacts with volunteers, staff, and other audiences on behalf of the COO.
- Extensive contact with staff and volunteers at all levels of the organization.
- Responsible for overseeing/establishing efficient department and organizational policies/processes as needed.
- Leads projects and performs analysis as requested by COO.
- Performs other projects and duties as requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
- Five plus years of industry experience that includes demonstrated critical thinking, high level of independence/discretion, decision making and exercising of judgment
- Associates degree or certificate program in paralegal studies and at least one plus years of paralegal experience in contract work.
o Equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the knowledge and abilities to do the job may be considered.
- Ability to perform legal research.
- In-depth knowledge of legal terminology and principles.
- Ability to analyze legal documents for accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize and work under a tight schedule.
- Superior organizational, interpersonal, written and oral communications skills, with emphasis on strong writing skills.
- Ability to apply understanding of VSUW’s work and needs to contracts, determine the level of importance of issues and any requirements, and ensure VSUW is protected from liability and that programmatic requirements are met.
- Demonstrated ability to work and function with confidential information and data.
- Analytical skills.
- Project management skills.
- Multi-tasking, initiative, ability to work independently and set priorities is a must.
- Good team player, energetic with positive attitude required.
- High level of integrity and ethics
- Strong communication, advisory ability, and pro active, solutions oriented “can do” style.
- Strong customer focus and understanding of how to effectively communicate with employees at all levels, both written and verbal.
- Team player with proven relationship building, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated skills of creativity, resourcefulness and strategic thinking.
- Commitment to continuous improvement.
Technical Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Requirements:
- Advanced understanding and experience in a variety of computer applications, including use of the Internet and MS Office, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to use the Internet and have a proven ability of working in a systems environment, with ability to learn and use new software applications and systems as required.
- Ability to work hours outside the standard 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM timeframe and to travel, if necessary.
- Ability to perform work remotely (i.e Telecommute)
- Valid Arizona driver’s license, proof of automobile insurance, and daily access to personal vehicle.
Reporting to this position: None
Physical demands and work environment
- Work is performed primarily in an office setting and while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, and demonstrate manual dexterity.
- Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects (up to 25 pounds) during the course of the workday.
To apply for this position, visit http://jobs.vsuw.org/paralegal/job/3666781 and click on Apply Online and follow instructions to submit your application.
United Way is the largest nonprofit funder of health and human services in Maricopa County. Since 1925, we have been building caring...