ValleyCare Health System

ValleyCare Health System Employer Reviews

Productive, always keep busy
Financial Counselor (Current Employee), Livermore, CANovember 19, 2014
Pros: can come in early if i have any kind of appoinment
Cons: the commute coming from manteca.
First thing I do every morning is work the daily reports and print up my work for the day. I then report all admissions to the medical insurance and obtain an authorization. I also get benefits for the patients and create an estimate. I then call patients and let them know what their patient responsibility is. I work closely with the UR dept with any patient cases that have insurance issues. Everyone works together to make sure patient has a pleasant stay at our hospital and to ensure there are no insurance issues. I mostly enjoy working with people and doing what I can to help them. The hardest part of my job is having to collect patient responsibility when the patients are having financial trouble.
Valleycare was a difficult place to work for.
Admissions Registrar (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAOctober 9, 2014
They hold a standard that is beyond compare. My first few years at Valleycare were good but with the continuous revolving door of staff it became very hard to work there. The hardest part of my job was realizing that you couldn't trust anybody you worked with. Half the staff makes up stuff about the other half so that attention is not brought to their decreased production. And instead of supervisors and directors actually coming in and investigating they take the hearsay and run with it. Causing frustration and resentment between alot of the staff. Issues are only dealt with if you are in a way the teachers pet. If you are willing to run to the director to snitch on all your coworkers then he leaves you alone but if you aren't then he targets you. It makes for a very unbalanced and difficulty place to work.
Productive workplace
Laboratory Receptionist (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAAugust 18, 2014
It gets really busy most of the time, but I llove it since it makes time go by really fast. There's always new things to learn and people are always there to help.
Pending merger
Surgical Services IT Assistant/ Scheduler (Current Employee), SurgeryJuly 22, 2014
Pros: great vacation acrual.
Cons: no 401k
At this time ValleyCare is working on a pending merger with Stanford.
Strong community hospital
Intensive Care Nurse (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CADecember 18, 2013
Pros: close proximity to home
Cons: icu patients sometimes transferred too soon due to lack of space for incoming patients.
After a number of years working through the various nursing registries, it was nice to have a job providing care to a small community of people. The nurses here were dedicated and backed one another. My immediate supervisor was enormously supportive and is still affiliated with the hospital today. The most difficult situations entailed transferring patients too soon due to shortages of beds in the unit. Otherwise a great place to have worked.
The work schedule could be more fair to everyone in the department.
Distribution Specialist (Current Employee), Livermore, CASeptember 29, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my work is interacting with co-workers and assisting each other to get the work done on timely manner.
The hardest part of work is working short handed on a busy day.
My days at work are always giving me more to learn from co-workers and job itself.