ValleyCrest Companies Employee Reviews in United States

Reliable Work
Accounts Payable Associate (Former Employee) –  Calabasas, CAOctober 8, 2015
ValleyCrest was a fair and reliable Company to work for. The management was great and very knowledgeable. They trained well and I was able to learn a lot on the job.
safe and comfortabke working enviorment
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calabasas, CAMay 26, 2015
The management is unbelievably nice and easy to work with. Met every deadline and month end with a breeze. Most enjoyable was being able to work amongst friendly colleagues who helped one another.
Pros
Free lunches and PTO
Cons
job security
Out of the ordinary projects
PM/Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 28, 2016
Projects here are all to die for. I enjoyed working on the challenges at hand and the unusual types of projects undertaken.
Intense Open Door Atmoshere
Trainer, Compliance Audit Manager, Home-based (Former Employee) –  Calabasas, CAJuly 9, 2015
I enjoyed working at ValleyCrest. I rose from an Office Manager to trainer/compliance auditor and gained an enormous wealth of information from the company.

My days varied. At times I worked in my home office, assisting co-workers with issues dealing with the company financial or project management software. In addition, I assisted Office Managers with questions about compliance and company standards.

When not at home, I traveled a great deal to 12+ branches across the United States, training on the software, and conducting compliance/administrative audits. I enjoyed the training and meeting the staff in each branch.

Additionally, I was requested several times to give presentations with my technical mentor for the software package for Oracle. This was very gratifying.

The most difficult part of the position was being the single resource for technical and practical issues. As we went through a reduction in staff, I became the sole contact. With a staff of over 350 users, this became overwhelming at times.

I am grateful for my time at ValleyCrest. I gained integrity, knowledge about the landscape business, Human Resource experience, and a sincere respect for the founders of the company, who treated their employees as equals.
Pros
Healthcare, travel
Cons
Lack of support
ValleyCrest is a good company to work for.
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Odessa, FLMay 22, 2012
Each day I oversee the light construction crew as they execute jobs on various properties. Over the past year I've learned and have been certified in FL Best Management Practices, which is the guidelines for the industry standards. The staff is friendly and easy to work with, as well as all focused on a goal of making the company stand out above the rest. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the unexpected, such as; employees calling out sick, late deliveries, or undeground obstructions. The most enjoyable thing about each day is looking back at the work done and seeing a positive change in the property landscape.
Pros
working outside at different sites daily, good co-workers.
Cons
cut hours
Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAFebruary 10, 2014
If you want to start a career in horticulture and learn a new language, start there.
Many changes
Employee Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 16, 2015
ValleyCrest was a great company, until the merger. It is no longer the caring company that it used to be. People are getting laid off left and right and there's a lot of uncertainty.
The company practices safety first
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLDecember 5, 2013
Great Company to work for if you prefer the landscape environment
Pros
corporate company
Cons
demanding job