ValleyCrest Employee Reviews in United States

Fun , fast-paced environment.
Foreman (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAMarch 29, 2016
It is a fun , fast-paced environment that works you hard. The hard work eventually pays off , you reap the benefits of this hard work.There is a ladder to climb but its hard to gain momentum.
Spanish environmental work
Tender (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CANovember 10, 2015
Starting in at 6am first thing we do is start our tailgate meeting where they talk about company safety. Majority of the time the briefing is in Spanish because everyone in the company only speaks spanish. If you didn't speak spanish and it was your own culture you were frown upon, that was just my experience. After the meeting the Foremen would tell everyone what need to be done that day. Then everyone would gather the equipment needed for the job and be on there way to the location. The hardest part for me was understanding everyone, I only spoke English it made everything hard. Not knowing what was going on around me as I like to know what is and case I need to assist someone else in their location. It just makes everything a lot easier. The enjoyment of the job was being able to work outside the downside to that is when it rains there is no work due to the mud. Safety First.
Pros
working outside, morning shift only, long hours
Cons
Rainy Days no work, Spanish environment, no Structure, Far commute
Good job but the salary is low.
Labor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 6, 2015
My work is based on cutting grass and maintaining green areas. Ten hours per day, four days per week. I had excellent co-workers. I like my job but the hardest part of the job is the salary. The most enyoyable part of the job is when I work with my team.
Excellent place to work
Field Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 2, 2016
I truly enjoyed working st ValleyCrest Companies. Great Benefits Package. A few hiccups with Management structure, but they really do take care of their employees.
Pros
Rewards for job well, always having lunch get togethers with all employees
Cons
Sometimes very long days but it comes with the job
Wonderful place to work
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 4, 2016
Great place to grow and learn new skills. Management is caring and motivating. Work hours are flexible to workers needs and work load.
Easy work
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 13, 2016
IT was hot and we had to work it the heat. I learned how to trim and how to drive the stand up lawn mower. My management was nice and my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the heat. I enjoy my lunch.
Pros
Are breaks
Cons
The heat
Falling apart
Unknown (Former Employee) –  NCJune 16, 2016
There is a reason all of The Brickman Group employees are leaving this newly formed - joined company. So unfortunate.... Very negative environment now and it's all about "who you know".
Not So Great!
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  CalabasasAugust 29, 2015
I enjoyed the work.Yes, I made mistakes, but help in a positive and constructive way would have been useful.This was a very negative place to work. No positive energy to try to improve. They are going through a merger, so the co-workers are trying to hoard all the jobs. No room for advancement.
Manager was especially siding with two people and creating a atmosphere of favoritism.
I hope the management reads the reviews!
Pros
Beautiful Lobby. Some nice coworkers
Cons
Negative place to work, Favoritism.
Decent place to work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 4, 2016
Decent place to work but can be frustrating at times with high turnover and shortage of hourly staff to service the clients.
Creative leaders
Regional Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAFebruary 4, 2016
Very difficult sales process almost 100% cold calling, tough business with razor thin margins. Operational teams did excellent work.
Pros
Provided beautiful landscaping services, proud to represent
Cons
Difficult sales culture.
Assistant Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Alhambra, CAApril 16, 2016
I have worked for twenty years with this company (Valleycrest) in the city of Alhambra. I love working outdoors all day.
Pros
Work outdoors
Cons
Very fun and productive workplace.
Irrigation Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 4, 2016
Valley Crest is a wonderful place for employment.The staff are great as well as management. Everyday is a great day at Valley Crest.
Pros
Different learning experiences.
Cons
NA
Great people, dedicated to the job.
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAFebruary 12, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a property transform from horrible to luxurious. Watching and being apart of the transformation is a great feeling.
Pros
Outside, Good pay, by the beach
Cons
short breaks, a lot of traffic both people and vehicles
Landscaping company
Production Welder / Handyman Landscape (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CADecember 2, 2014
Great Company to work for. Nice Bosses. Good benefits. Great opportunity for advancement.

Typical day at work. working on pruning trees and welding
Great management
Great Co workers
Clean up is the hardest part of job
Learned how to work in fast passed
Going to lunch with friends
Pros
nice people
Excellent Company
VP-Training and Development (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 20, 2015
23 years of great opportunities with a great team of people. The founder, the senior executives were always available to every employee.. and there are 10,000+. This company demanded your best and stood behind you. A great place.
Quality of resident dietary needs
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CANovember 11, 2015
i loved working for this company. We would have mandatory meeting to learn how alzheimer's disease can affect a persons brain. It showed us how to deal with the resident when they did not understand things such as why they were there and some times who they are.I would enjoy them morning talks with the residents they would alway a great story to tell.
Pros
quality of life
Cash Management
Cash Management Associate (Former Employee) –  Calabasas, CaFebruary 25, 2015
The salary is not competitive. The benefits are not great and the manager in accounting enjoys firing people. She does not know how to manage properly and shows favoritism towards two employees.
Driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 21, 2016
We had to keep everything from parks to homes very nicely trimmed and edged that was my specialty. I became very detailed in doing my job
Recently merged with another company
Regional Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAJanuary 15, 2015
ValleyCrest acquired Waverly Landscape Associates in 2010. In 2014, ValleyCrest Landscape Maintenance merged with Brickman Group. There have been many changes in a very short time.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
job instability due to merger
Job Summary
Account manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte NCOctober 19, 2015
Valley Crest had a good work environment, we always started our day off with a positive morning meeting. Through out the day great communication was had between managers. All mangers also had a close relationship with clients making them feel well taken care of.
Pros
Work truck, phone and insurance provided
Cons
Some co workers had bad attitudes