Vallourec Employee Reviews

Great pay & benefits, limited advancement unless you are from France
Acctg (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 30, 2017
Most ops run by engineers (sales, Plants, Mgmt, & Finance). Great pay & benefits but little room for advancement. No other meaningful comments to add on this company at this time.
Good money with benefits but it is an unstable market.
Sr. Met. Lab. Tech (Current Employee) –  Muskogee, OKSeptember 12, 2017
It is a company bases off oil market it goes up fast and crashes about every 5 to 6 years. Quality department does not get a chance to advance in position.
Pros
1 hour paid breaks and monthly bonus
Cons
A lot of overtime and long days
not bad pay
Production Specialist (Current Employee) –  Muskogee, OKSeptember 5, 2017
The pay is good. I would love to stay but hate the spot I'm in. They say people move but the guy with me has been their about 6 months. I don't see him leaving anytime soon.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
hard work
Unfair Environment if your a female
Master Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 2, 2017
Nothing much good to say at all except you need to be male to survive there. Its extremely stressful and everybody is out to stab others in the back. Stay away
Solid company with a high quality reputation
Sales (Former Employee) –  USAJuly 29, 2017
Vallourec is a solid company to work for. You can take pride daily in going to work for them. They are a multi national company with employees from France, Germany, Brazil and many other countries.
Pros
Great Benefits
Productive fun work place
Performance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJune 30, 2017
A lot of rom for advancement. Managers and coworkers have a great working environment. Benefit package is unbeatable. job security is only a risk when the market demand is low.
Fun place to work plenty of over time.
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKApril 15, 2017
I liked working there. The 60 hour weeks were killer at first but the pay was excellent. I enjoyed working with the people. The managers were less than competent and it was a rather dangerous place e to work because of the size of the pipes we made. All in all it was OK.
Pros
Goid pay
Cons
Non smoking facility.
Great work enviroment
Utility (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNApril 7, 2017
Best factory i ever worked in. Relaxed and medium paced the work was easy and had no problems making quota. staff is friendly and caring. Plenty of fans to keep the heat off
Pros
Fans
Cons
Heat
very hot ,
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Girard, OHMarch 28, 2017
Go in for 12hrs am to pm , then pm to am it was swing shift .To keep productivity up , Management has high expectation of emploies . It was very clean place to work .
Pros
clean place to work, good pay
Cons
no breaks, short term employment
Productive and goal driven company. Fun to work for
Global Product Line Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 27, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company. The management is hands on and supportive. Would recommend anybody who want a global experience . For those who can speak French is a plus
Pros
travel
Cons
longs hours because of globalization nature of the business
Long hours daily but compensation was good through bonuses given every quarter
Maintenance electrician/mechanic (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 13, 2017
learned a lot about drive systems and high speed conveyors.learned a lot about proximity switches and hydraulic valves and maintanancen on those. typical work day consisted of taking calls through out the shift t fix equipment and our trouble shoot program problems.
Pros
good money
Cons
always working not much family time
Enviorment and work force safety were always first priority .
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKFebruary 26, 2017
The 12 hr. days would wear on a person physically. the pace of production and stress that went along with that production would sometimes cause tension that was not acceptable. Some members of upper management were hard to interact with.
Pros
bonus if production was met.
Cons
to much stress.
review is completed
Machinist Operator (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHFebruary 22, 2017
my work day started with getting up at 4:30 am and making my lunch and going to work. my day at work started with punching in my time clock and going to my work area and starting my morning on the lathes I operated. next our company has meeting with management and employees pertaining to the products that we make as of pipe industry.i feel the hardest part of our job was making sure that every employee obeyed the safety rules on the job site. my most enjoyable part of my job is when upper management came on my job site and commended me on doing just a good job on productivity. the only disappointing part of my job was after 25 yrs of never missing work and working seven days a week and three turns I myself and 50% of the work force was told our jobs were terminated because lack of pipe sales in the world. I miss my job that is why I'm looking for a new company to work for and hope to get another 25 yrs.
Pros
making a good living for your family
Cons
they terminate your without any notice
Good company
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHFebruary 15, 2017
Very progressive thinking company with lots of talented people. Really enjoyed my time there and would not hesitate to go back if growth opportunity was there.
Vallourec is a very good place to work.
Melt Shop Hydraulic Technician (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OH 44510February 12, 2017
The management is very good and will insure the company's success, this company has worked in more ways then I can say, and the benefits are good both 401 K and insurance.
Productive but with a mix of balanced down time
Heat Treat Operator (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHFebruary 4, 2017
I really enjoy my job working here. I learned how to operate the computer programs, which send the signals to overhead cranes and its been very fun so far.
QA LAB TECHINICAN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 25, 2017
Vallourec Star is a great place to work it has a lot of steady work and pays bounses 4 times a year and has excellent health care benefits.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Layoffs
French Company
GM, Human Resources-North America (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJanuary 23, 2017
The cultural differences and expectations make it very difficult to navigate the waters.

Growth faster than they could support resulting in many non compliance issues and Management blaming employees who had no control over what was being done to them.
Pros
Good Pay and Benefits
Cons
Nothing every good enough if you are not French
Productive and hard working environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 22, 2017
Best working environment and friendly culture. Company cares for employee's safety as it is strictly promoted and processes followed.
Amazing place to work
Mfg Eng Clerk (Current Employee) –  Broussard, LAJanuary 16, 2017
Great management, benefits, and staff. If you enjoy learning about the oilfield and working in a fast-paced environment with a good team, this is a good job for you.
Pros
Great benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vallourec. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3