Valmont Industries Employee Reviews

Electrical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Valley, NEDecember 9, 2015
Exciting job. Hands on and well paid. You get to learn all types of new things in the department that I worked in. Company has lots of events to show they appreciate you.
Fast paced production with strong division between workers and management
Raw Material Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 21, 2015
There is a strong division between management and workers. Espoused values differ greatly from enacted values. Little reward for exemplary work.
The People Make the Brand
Vice President - Admin, Customer Services, and Ops (Former Employee) –  Valley, NebraskaOctober 4, 2015
I have worked for Valmont 27 years managing multiple functional areas; from drafting, engineering, IT, product development, human resources, merger & acquistion, and marketing.

It's real people behind the Valmont brand who are listening and responding to the customer needs that make the difference.
Pros
The People
Cons
Work - Life Balance
functional
shipper B (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXSeptember 25, 2015
Experience working with metals ,welders assistant .General skills in carpentry ,plumbing ,sheetrock ,and basic electrical wiring . fast, accurate worker ,people oriented and highly motivated . Dependable and takes pride in work. strong general aptitude in spatil abilities, form perception, manual dexterity, and eye-hand-foot coordination
Mismanaged, no family time, always wants more
general laborer (Former Employee) –  Steele, ALSeptember 24, 2015
Comppany has been ran into the ground for years. Finally got new management but to far gone. Typically work 60 to 70 hours a week. No family time. When you get ahead management adds more work. Bathrooms ate so nasty employees rather use bathroom in the woods
Pros
Cons
a lot of hours. very nasty.
Typical galvanizing plant
Plant Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 2, 2015
Valmont is a diverse company with room to grow. Management needs some attention but other than that is was ok. Daily activities as a mechanic varied depending on the project or mechanical breakdown. Company was just implementing some lean practices when I left; and from what I observed their will be a lot of changes being made.
A learning experience.
Fabricator/Welder/Operator (Former Employee) –  Valley, NEJuly 22, 2015
A large facility work day.
Learned about industry.
Management was punctual.
Co-workers were helpful.
Taxing work schedule.
Job security.
Stiff work atmosphere
Mig/Tig Welder (Former Employee) –  Jasper, TNJuly 8, 2015
All breaks observed, not much in the way of social atmosphere. Family oriented. Picnics and social gatherings for families. Hot working environment.
Pros
Social Gatherings
Cons
Strict Workplace
Very hard worker and real go getter
COMPONENTS SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, IndianaJune 8, 2015
My current typical days involves constant communication with customers and shipping department. I take and enter orders to be put in the shipping schedule.
I process payroll biweekly and discuss discrepancies with the supervisors.
We all work as a team to get orders out the door on time and accurately.
Good Solid management team
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Valley, NEApril 20, 2015
I have been able to learn a lot about business to business sales and the people that I work with are very professional. I also appreciate the flexibility for family functions.
Pros
Cons
A long drive to and from work

Want to know more about Valmont Industries?

Ask a question
Great pay and benefits, but tons of overtime work
Fitter/ Finish Welder (Current Employee) –  Omaha NEFebruary 27, 2015
It is manufacturing so they monitor our production, requiring us to reach or meet certain daily goals. If we do not we are susceptible to Personal Improvement Program.
If you like to work hard, this is the place!
Shipper (Current Employee) –  Farmington, MNFebruary 5, 2015
Very typical factory setting. 10 hour days with one 20 minute break and another 10 minute break. On your feet all day. It can be tough, but it is a good job to have. Making great money after 3 years as well.
Pros
wage increases every 4 months for first 3 years
Cons
breaks and atmosphere.
real friendly company lot of great guys
Maintenance Tech / Electrician (Former Employee) –  Jasper, TNJanuary 30, 2015
great bunch guys to work with preformed there job with great skill it w
as more like a family ran company.went in at two repaired any mechanical problems and electrical worked on projects and took calls.
Pros
close to home
Cons
work slowed down
Great workplace
Billing and Collections / Month End Recs (Former Employee) –  Claremore, OKJanuary 15, 2015
Excellent company to work for.
Does not give enough vacation days to its employees.
Gives out great bonuses.
Great plans for the future.
this job was bad job
ele teck 2 (Former Employee) –  hazeltonDecember 24, 2014
i turned down 10 other job for this so i could be home with my kids. the 2nd shift is run by a kid whom is a bulley and if you stand up to him you will be with out a job ! its not a place for someone who has been on the road for a long time the games that the bosses play with the workers is not fun
Pros
ok pay
Cons
bulley's
A great company that is on the up and up and growing
Welding Assistant (Current Employee) –  Farmington, MnOctober 19, 2014
In my position at Valmont, being able to multi-task is a must. Taking care of the welders and keeping them welding is first priority. This contains gathering parts needed, loading and unloading with an overhead crane. Secondly, the welders need product to weld, so it is also my job to make sure the aluminum poles are punched for hand holes, routered, cleaned properly, and that the bases are expanded onto the poles before giving to the welders. Throughout the shift I am delegating tasks to other welding assistants, verifying that what the welders are working on, are the orders that get fulfilled first and so on throughout the week. I also determine what and how much the welders are welding on a daily bases and at the end of the shift input that information and numbers into excel. I am assisting up to four welders per day. What I have learned from my job at Valmont, is knowledge in welding and aluminum manufacturing. My experience with management has been great at Valmont. Even though it is a manufacturing warehouse the upper management works hard to keep their employees safe while also being productive. At Valmont we all work as a team and my co-workers have made it an enjoyable place to work. The hardest part that I have been able to overcome is working in a warehouse environment with predominantly all male co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my job is the challenge that it brings. Both physically and mentally. I also enjoy being able to train new hire employees. Lastly, I enjoy knowing the products that we manufacture are able to be seen around my town and other cities as  more... well. I am proud at what I do and to say that we have provided new stadiums, highways and small towns with light poles and flag poles.  less
Pros
employee apreciation parties with free meals provided by outside vendors. healthcare and 401k
up tempo workplace
Temporary Plant Accountant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, INOctober 17, 2014
A lot of moving parts but there was good communication. Very good place to work at and I enjoyed my temporary job at Valmont Industries.
Valmont- FAR FROM IT'S ROOTS, now a giant steaming corporate mess
QA NDT Tech (Former Employee) –  Valley, NEOctober 5, 2014
As QA and NDT Level II with an AAS NDT degree, I thought I could make a career out of Valmont. A couple months in, I knew I had taken the wrong job. There is no 'quality' here. NDT is a joke here and not compliant. If you are in NDT, you know what I mean..the things that go on here are not to code and we all know what that means in the real world. If something is rejected, production (or anyone really) can just rip the tag off and send it out. I have rejected products, outlined repairs and then found the product out in the lot with no repairs and the reject tag GONE. Write another tag, it goes back in...within the day it will be out in the lot again, not repaired and reject tag GONE. They also let non NDT people perform some of the NDT against all standards. This cheapens what I worked so hard for (my NDT education and certifications). Why work hard in NDT if they are going to let any Jack of the street do things they can't do and know nothing about?? It's like letting a secretary stand in for a doctor...NOT SMART.

If you have a college degree in NDT and you want to work where you are valued, don't take this job. The environment is terrible, you are not respected, you have no authority to do your job and Valmont will require you to compromise the code of ethics your certs require you to uphold. The culture here is rotten and quality is not the only department like this- it is company wide. The place is dangerous. It's so packed here that I don't know how they get around OSHA. It's not safe. HR is not there to help anyone, most of them should be fired for the things they pull.
  more... They are completely worthless dead weight and they live off of everyone's hard work and still don't respect you. Management is corrupt. No one advances with knee pads. I even saw one post on here about Valmont doing united way stuff. You know how they do that? They intimidate employees and force you to pay in so THEY can look good and take their bows. This place sucks. Thanks Valmont, for the black spot on my resume!!  less
Pros
there really were none
Cons
this place will end up being the worst mistake you make
Produtive
Welder (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXSeptember 7, 2014
My typical work day involved welding and grinding components and operating forklift and overhead remote control crane.
Pros
long lunch
Cons
lay offs
Helps United Way
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Valley, NEAugust 28, 2014
Good Company, they are very big on helping the United Way. The benefits are good for the family. enjoyed working for them
Pros
good benefits
Cons
long work days & weeks