Valmont Industries

Valmont Industries Employee Reviews

Stiff work atmosphere
Mig/Tig Welder (Former Employee), Jasper, TNJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Social Gatherings
Cons: Strict Workplace
All breaks observed, not much in the way of social atmosphere. Family oriented. Picnics and social gatherings for families. Hot working environment.
Very hard worker and real go getter
COMPONENTS SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Plymouth, IndianaJune 8, 2015
My current typical days involves constant communication with customers and shipping department. I take and enter orders to be put in the shipping schedule.
I process payroll biweekly and discuss discrepancies with the supervisors.
We all work as a team to get orders out the door on time and accurately.
Good Solid management team
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Valley, NEApril 20, 2015
Pros: Management
Cons: A long drive to and from work
I have been able to learn a lot about business to business sales and the people that I work with are very professional. I also appreciate the flexibility for family functions.
Great pay and benefits, but tons of overtime work
Fitter/ Finish Welder (Current Employee), Omaha NEFebruary 27, 2015
It is manufacturing so they monitor our production, requiring us to reach or meet certain daily goals. If we do not we are susceptible to Personal Improvement Program.
If you like to work hard, this is the place!
Shipper (Current Employee), Farmington, MNFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: wage increases every 4 months for first 3 years
Cons: breaks and atmosphere.
Very typical factory setting. 10 hour days with one 20 minute break and another 10 minute break. On your feet all day. It can be tough, but it is a good job to have. Making great money after 3 years as well.
real friendly company lot of great guys
Maintenance Tech / Electrician (Former Employee), Jasper, TNJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: work slowed down
great bunch guys to work with preformed there job with great skill it w
as more like a family ran company.went in at two repaired any mechanical problems and electrical worked on projects and took calls.
Great workplace
Billing and Collections / Month End Recs (Former Employee), Claremore, OKJanuary 15, 2015
Excellent company to work for.
Does not give enough vacation days to its employees.
Gives out great bonuses.
Great plans for the future.
this job was bad job
ele teck 2 (Former Employee), hazeltonDecember 24, 2014
Pros: ok pay
Cons: bulley's
i turned down 10 other job for this so i could be home with my kids. the 2nd shift is run by a kid whom is a bulley and if you stand up to him you will be with out a job ! its not a place for someone who has been on the road for a long time the games that the bosses play with the workers is not fun
A great company that is on the up and up and growing
Welding Assistant (Current Employee), Farmington, MnOctober 19, 2014
Pros: employee apreciation parties with free meals provided by outside vendors. healthcare and 401k
In my position at Valmont, being able to multi-task is a must. Taking care of the welders and keeping them welding is first priority. This contains gathering parts needed, loading and unloading with an overhead crane. Secondly, the welders need product to weld, so it is also my job to make sure the aluminum poles are punched for hand holes, routered, cleaned properly, and that the bases are expanded onto the poles before giving to the welders. Throughout the shift I am delegating tasks to other welding assistants, verifying that what the welders are working on, are the orders that get fulfilled first and so on throughout the week. I also determine what and how much the welders are welding on a daily bases and at the end of the shift input that information and numbers into excel. I am assisting up to four welders per day. What I have learned from my job at Valmont, is knowledge in welding and aluminum manufacturing. My experience with management has been great at Valmont. Even though it is a manufacturing warehouse the upper management works hard to keep their employees safe while also being productive. At Valmont we all work as a team and my co-workers have made it an enjoyable place to work. The hardest part that I have been able to overcome is working in a warehouse environment with predominantly all male co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my job is the challenge that it brings. Both physically and mentally. I also enjoy being able to train new hire employees. Lastly, I enjoy knowing the products that we manufacture are able to be seen around my town and other cities as well. I am proud at what I do and to say that we have provided new stadiums, highways and small towns with light poles and flag poles.
up tempo workplace
Temporary Plant Accountant (Former Employee), Plymouth, INOctober 17, 2014
A lot of moving parts but there was good communication. Very good place to work at and I enjoyed my temporary job at Valmont Industries.
Valmont- FAR FROM IT'S ROOTS, now a giant steaming corporate mess
QA NDT Tech (Former Employee), Valley, NEOctober 5, 2014
Pros: there really were none
Cons: this place will end up being the worst mistake you make
As QA and NDT Level II with an AAS NDT degree, I thought I could make a career out of Valmont. A couple months in, I knew I had taken the wrong job. There is no 'quality' here. NDT is a joke here and not compliant. If you are in NDT, you know what I mean..the things that go on here are not to code and we all know what that means in the real world. If something is rejected, production (or anyone really) can just rip the tag off and send it out. I have rejected products, outlined repairs and then found the product out in the lot with no repairs and the reject tag GONE. Write another tag, it goes back in...within the day it will be out in the lot again, not repaired and reject tag GONE. They also let non NDT people perform some of the NDT against all standards. This cheapens what I worked so hard for (my NDT education and certifications). Why work hard in NDT if they are going to let any Jack of the street do things they can't do and know nothing about?? It's like letting a secretary stand in for a doctor...NOT SMART.

If you have a college degree in NDT and you want to work where you are valued, don't take this job. The environment is terrible, you are not respected, you have no authority to do your job and Valmont will require you to compromise the code of ethics your certs require you to uphold. The culture here is rotten and quality is not the only department like this- it is company wide. The place is dangerous. It's so packed here that I don't know how they get around OSHA. It's not safe. HR is not there to help anyone, most of them should be fired for the things they pull. – more... They are completely worthless dead weight and they live off of everyone's hard work and still don't respect you. Management is corrupt. No one advances with knee pads. I even saw one post on here about Valmont doing united way stuff. You know how they do that? They intimidate employees and force you to pay in so THEY can look good and take their bows. This place sucks. Thanks Valmont, for the black spot on my resume!! – less
Produtive
Welder (Former Employee), Brenham, TXSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: long lunch
Cons: lay offs
My typical work day involved welding and grinding components and operating forklift and overhead remote control crane.
Helps United Way
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Valley, NEAugust 28, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long work days & weeks
Good Company, they are very big on helping the United Way. The benefits are good for the family. enjoyed working for them
productive workplace where you are able to advance.
Big wheel Jr. (Former Employee), Brenham, TxJuly 22, 2014
Pros: good money, great benefits, safety protocol
i loved my job & i put in the work it took to handle my job. i had the best co-workers in the plant. we worked hard together & was dedicated to our job. our department stood out because of the output we put out.
Good Company
Associate Project Administrator (Current Employee), Valley, NEJune 12, 2014
Good company, has some areas to improve just like every organization
long hours hot facility and dirty lucnh area
Welder / Fitter (Former Employee), Elkhart, INApril 9, 2014
Pros: great benefits and pay
Cons: no lunch break
people were great to work with . Supervisor was cool didn't hear much unless you were lazy. very hot in the summer and 7 day work weeks start to take a toll on your family and other lifestyle activites
More More More
Robotic Welder (Current Employee), Plymouth, INMarch 10, 2014
Management always wanted more, more, more. They were always raising the numbers of what we had to get done, but was way understaffed, causing all shop workers to work crazy hours (mostly 10hr days, 6 days a week. Sometimes 12hr days, 10hrs Saturday, and occasionally Sundays) and hardly have any free time to spend with family and friends, or just to enjoy life. I enjoyed working with co-workers, we all got along.
serous
Raw Material Warehouseman / Dispatcher (Current Employee), Tulsa OklahomaMarch 5, 2014
OK lack of leadership compared to amount of employees on floors
Agood place to work
Senior Design Drafter (Former Employee), Valley NEFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: compensation, benefits, good people to work with.
Cons: drafters are perfectionist, if they see something wrong they will tell you, not always in a polite way.
The hardest part of the job was to ensure that when you look at an order and a set of plans, you identify everything that you need to supply for the customers. The number of complete structures, any accessories, length of bolts. things like that.
Valmont provided the most up to date software and equipment, that allows the drafter to do their job in a timely fashion.
be wary of reviews that sound too good to be true
Mfg (Former Employee), ValleyDecember 30, 2013
Pros: pay is steady, otherwise none
Cons: to many to mention
If you look at a lot of these 4/5 start reviews, they look like they were written by the company themselves to improve their reputation. Be very wary of the 4 and 5 star reviews that read like advertisements or job descriptions. I worked there and Valmont goes through people like fish drink water. They are always looking to fill the same positions - always. No one leaves a job they like and then writes a 4/5 star review.

I knew some good people there; they all left too. Only those who had no other choice stayed.

And who wants to hear a review from someone who said they “Worked 2 1/2 years as Human Resources Representative.” Funny that review would have the most hits on positive, isn’t it?

Human resources probably visits this site daily and clicks “yes” on their own postings.

I resigned, this place is not a career. Don't get trapped here.

Valmont Industries Salaries