Valor Healthcare Employee Reviews

very busy mutitasking job
Lab Tech. /Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denton, TxMay 7, 2013
I draw from 50-100 patients per day. Lab hours were 8-12:30. We all had different lunch hours. When the front desk went to lunch i would work the front desk and if i had a patient that had an appt or needed lab work i would ask someone else up to the front and walk the patient back. I would do all my work for the next day and help out where needed. Coworkers were good. Some went above and beyond and some just was the to work. Management was okay. Needed some improvement. I enjoyed listening and talking to my patients. I love the job i do. Hardest part of the job was trying to be peace keeper when coworkers were arguing.
Pros
hours were great
Cons
since the company was sold everything changed, no raise and no bonuses
poor moral and unappreciative company
nurse (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 23, 2014
Very unavailable to staff, negative atmosphere, no raises or bonuses. Demeaning to staff and promote poor esteem.
Tremendous learning opportunities; worked with a PA-C willing to teach; awesome staff to work with
Community Based Outpatient Clinic, LPN (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 12, 2013
Working at Valor HealthCare was one of the most rewarding work experiences in my nursing career thus far. The professional team consisting of nurses, MA's ,MD's and a PA-C, and the tremendous front desk staff that I worked with emulated a genuine concern from the heart for the US vets we served. The vets that were seen at the Bellevue Outpatient Clinic expressed several times that they liked coming to the clinic because they felt safe and cared for. The staff always went the "extra mile" to meet the needs of the men and women who sacrificed their lives for our country.

The clinic manager was the best I have ever worked under. Caring, kind, compassionate, strong in character. She and one of the front desk staff have been at the clinic since it opened 5 years ago
Pros
the staff i worked with was the best part of the job.
Cons
just like any nursing job, stressful at times, but all worth it !!
New patient service manager is extremely unprofessional
LPN (Former Employee) –  Albany GA. patient service center for veteransMarch 31, 2011
New manager is high school graduate managing LPNs,She will curse you and she sat her bottom on my arm,when i verbalized my harrassment to employees he sabotaged my employment ,gave me above standard on evaluation in 02-2011 fired me after my complaints in 03-2011.Also attacked anyone who befriended me after i refused to say i was straight and not .IM PROUD TO BE .
Cons
abusive to employees
Very stable work environment, with felxible schedule
X-Ray Technologist-Lead Tech (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARApril 27, 2012
This job has taught me so much about our veterans that have fought for our country. Their stories and their healthcare will make you appreciate what we all have here in the US.
I am the only x-ray technologist at the clinic but I help in other areas such as drawing blood, checking in patients, answering the phone when needed. I also have alot of training in the VA system such as Vista, Cprs, PACS.
This job is an amazing job and has allowed me to have as much time as I needed for my children to do doctor appointments and school activities.
Some days can be stressful but most days are pretty relaxed, we work as a family and we are a very close clinic of women mostly.
Pros
great insurance and time-off
Cons
none really
Registration
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 4, 2015
A typical day is great granted there is enough staffing, but usually lots of people call out high turnover and no support from management.
Great leadership experience/opportunity
Clinic Administrator (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXMarch 25, 2013
Best part of the postion was troubling shooting problems for staff and Veterans. The most difficult part of the postion was the multiple personal needs of the staff and the communication with both a corporate manager as well as the goverment intity that is the V.A.
Pros
resposibility given to the positon.
Cons
lack of support from corporation.
good group of nurses and providers
Clinic Administrator (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYJuly 24, 2012
excellent opportunity to serve our veterans, in the clinic area

2.3