Valparaiso University Employee Reviews in United States

Awesome university with different cultures.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INJune 7, 2016
Enjoyed studied at valpo... Love the days walking in snow to classes. Having fun with friends.. doing experiments. studied hard to pursue my degree.
Poor leadership
Coach (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INApril 19, 2016
Great institution. Very poor leadership in department. No clear vision. Great academics. The department lacks facilities and resources.
Work with current students as well as full time staff
Ambassador in Admissions (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INApril 11, 2016
This job entails about 6 hours a week dedicated to helping prospective students feel comfortable with coming to Valparaiso University.
Productive and I learnt something new.
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INApril 7, 2016
I learnt Teamwork as i was a part of team. I learnt how to tackle an issue to resolve it. I loved the presence of my co-workers as they are the one who will help you in your daily base work.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No cons
Nice and friendly environment to work in
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INApril 7, 2016
Typically a day at work here would include making sure all students are set and following lab rules
I learned how important it is to be organised and keeping things clean.
Management was understanding and friendly.
Co workers were helpful we worked as a team the entire time.
There was no real hard part of the job as long as everyone did their part.
The most enjoyable part of this job was getting to know new people and being involved with current students.
Pros
Full access to a dark room and studio free of charge.
Cons
Not enough working hours
Grading homework allows for a material refresher
Grader (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INMarch 28, 2016
I grade once or twice a week for an entry level engineering course as well as a junior level engineering course. My knowledge for both of these classes gets reinforced with every grading session. I work directly with the professors and have a great relationship with all of them. The hours are flexible such that it can mesh with my other obligations.
Pros
Flexible hours
Summary
Student Aide (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INMarch 10, 2016
It was a nice experience working at Valparaiso University while doing my Masters in the Same University. It was my first experience working with new people who are from different countries.
Great supervisors and a fun atmosphere
Peer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INFebruary 29, 2016
Valparaiso University has the nicest people I have ever met working there. My coworkers and supervisors were always there to help out when I needed it.
Fun and Productive Work Environment
Ambassador in Admissions (Orientation Assistant) (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INFebruary 24, 2016
Working at Valparaiso was fulfilling because of the welcoming environment and team members. Coming to work was a pleasure as I was able to learn something new about admissions everyday.
Cons
Great University with passionate and hard working staff
Associate Director of Marketing for Athletics (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INFebruary 19, 2016
I love the fast paced environment of working at Valpo. I have a supportive staff around me that really make work fun. The best part of my job is creating the game day atmosphere for athletic events and being in charge of high pressure situations. I think quick on my feet and every single day is different. Working in a creative environment is amazing, if we want to try something new we have the freedom and support to do so.
A congenial atmosphere
Intern (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, IndianaSeptember 28, 2015
Its a good experience to work in Valparaiso University. The place is professional and the people are cooperative.

The entire working culture helps the freshers to prepeare for their work and the supervisores are very understanding that, they respect the cultural diversity and cooperate at their bets to help the candidate survive well and perfom professionally.
Pros
Discipline, Camraderie
Cons
Salary
Ok Place to work
Building Services Tech. / Janitor (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso IndianaSeptember 7, 2015
It is a ok place to work for could use more pay. Learn a lot working for the University and benefits are good. The older people that work there get away with not having to do anything if you are young get ready to be used and do all the work.
Excellent Place to Work
Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INAugust 4, 2015
Excellent place to work, create community, and make new friends for life. I highly recommend the university and the city of Valparaiso, Indiana.
Great Experience
Student Aid (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INApril 28, 2015
I assist the faculty and staff of the College of Nursing and Health Professions with anything they need. This includes filing, projects, and answering phones.
Welcoming Environment with motivated Faculty, Staff and Administration
Assistant Professor of Kinesiology (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INApril 25, 2015
Valparaiso University is a warm, welcoming work environment that encourages all employees to reach their full potential. The experience at Valparaiso University has been great and I would encourage anyone seeking employment in higher education to consider VU.
Student Employment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INApril 21, 2015
I spent a good deal of time editing professors manuscripts and helping with department events, such as Valparaiso Universities 7th annual High School Chinese Speech Competition. Working with my professors was rewarding and I learned a great deal from them in terms of understanding Chinese culture.
Cons
Not a long term Job
Fun community
Student research (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INFebruary 26, 2015
Very open with school scheduling and make it a school work comes first environment. I have learned many invaluable skills that I hope to take into my future.
Excellent employees
Temporary Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INFebruary 11, 2015
A typical day at work was very busy due to high volume of traffic in the HR Department. I learned from management that we can always strive to do better. My co-workers were the most capable and competent people that I have ever met. The hardest part of my job was not being able to do it all and not immediately knowing all the answers when first employed. I enjoyed working with students and staff members.
Fun Work Place
Director of Basketball Operations (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INJanuary 29, 2015
Fun work place for college athletics. Does not compensate as well, but good entry level position as a stepping stone for advancement. Great overall and all around experience with variety of responsibilities - basketball camp coordinator, budget analyst, team travel coordinator, liaison for academics, community service, and public media appearances.
Pros
good location, near chicago, great family fun environment, good atmosphere for men's basketball games, good people and good higher administration
Cons
compensation and advancement
A lot of opportunities and experience
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INDecember 26, 2014
Great Great opportunity, including working with a team to brainstorm new ideas, developing market research, planning pre- and post-production work, dealing with travel issues and social engagements. As a result of this, I have gained a range of skills such as; creative thinking, problem solving, organizing and planning.

4.2