Valparaiso University Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work in.
Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INFebruary 4, 2017
The company had good management and very experienced employee. I learned a lot about how companies operates and about designing plumbing and HVAC systems.
A school dedicated to excellence
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INNovember 17, 2016
Valparaiso University is a college dedicated to excellence and desires to provide students a high quality education and help them succeed to find a career that they enjoy. The faculty and staff, overall, are very good and prioritize students in their schedules to ensure their success. As a student, I highly recommend the university.
Pros
Good education
Cons
Cost
No advancement and poor leadership
Director (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INOctober 11, 2016
I worked at Valpo for almost 10 years. There is no plan for employees to advance and it's very political. Poor leadership from the top of the University on down to the individual departments. It's clear they hired unqualified people for the sake of saving money. The University's marketing department is the perfect example of this.

The campus and students are great. They are a special group of young adults. It's a good place to work if you want free tuition for you and your family, or if you are looking to start out. Unfortunately, Valpo won't be a place where you will stay at for long unless your content with no advancement or salary increases.
Pros
Free tuition, great benefits
Cons
Poor leadership, no advancement, very little salary increases, very political environment
Professional Environment with lot of scope in Project Management
Internship (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2016
Currently I am doing my Internship in project management. I got a feeling of empowerment since I am serving as a Chief Executive Officer for a virtual E-Commerce company to get expertise in Entrepreneurship. My professor motivates and encourages a lot to push ourselves in reaching our goals. Over all its a fun filled professional environment and possesses lot of scope to learn how to manage a project with real working situations.
Pros
Learning project management technqiues.
Very Productive and a great place to work
Graduate student Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INAugust 20, 2016
Great management and motivates employees to work hard and enjoy their jobs.
The co- workers are fun to work with and it has very hard working environment
Good place to study
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INAugust 16, 2016
Valparaiso is a good place to study and enjoy. It is a place where equal importance is given to both education and entertainment. Students are given great freedom to express their ideas. Happy to be educated at Valpo.
Fast paced, Friendly, Caring Workplace with awesome Management
Concessions Worker/ Dining (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INAugust 15, 2016
At Valparaiso University you work with wonderful people. There wasn't a day that you weren't learning something and if you didn't understand no problem there was always someone there to help. Management amazing they are nice understanding they listen. Valparaiso University is a huge family a great place to work. they really take care you there.
Very Productive work place with games room
Teaching Assistant - IT (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INJuly 21, 2016
Great Experience while studying and working with fun people, at the same time highly motivated individuals.
My time with this university was truly based on studying passionately and working in the same field with outstanding faculty and staff to make the best use of my inner strengths with guild lines from my Professors and managers.

I had to stay coordinated with my mangers in order to work on our project. However, everyone I worked with was willing to help and very friendly. The university culture is wonderful, the employees generally seem happy to be working there! I think the energy of the environment drove everyone to do their best, at least for me it did! I learned how to work and prioritize multiple tasks at a time. I also was able to improve my research and presentation skills.

It was very friendly at the same time the events and small activities inside the campus made the working experience more enjoyable and relaxing.
Awesome university with different cultures.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INJune 7, 2016
Enjoyed studied at valpo... Love the days walking in snow to classes. Having fun with friends.. doing experiments. studied hard to pursue my degree.
Poor leadership
Coach (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INApril 19, 2016
Great institution. Very poor leadership in department. No clear vision. Great academics. The department lacks facilities and resources.
Work with current students as well as full time staff
Ambassador in Admissions (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INApril 11, 2016
This job entails about 6 hours a week dedicated to helping prospective students feel comfortable with coming to Valparaiso University.
Productive and I learnt something new.
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INApril 7, 2016
I learnt Teamwork as i was a part of team. I learnt how to tackle an issue to resolve it. I loved the presence of my co-workers as they are the one who will help you in your daily base work.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No cons
Nice and friendly environment to work in
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INApril 7, 2016
Typically a day at work here would include making sure all students are set and following lab rules
I learned how important it is to be organised and keeping things clean.
Management was understanding and friendly.
Co workers were helpful we worked as a team the entire time.
There was no real hard part of the job as long as everyone did their part.
The most enjoyable part of this job was getting to know new people and being involved with current students.
Pros
Full access to a dark room and studio free of charge.
Cons
Not enough working hours
Grading homework allows for a material refresher
Grader (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INMarch 28, 2016
I grade once or twice a week for an entry level engineering course as well as a junior level engineering course. My knowledge for both of these classes gets reinforced with every grading session. I work directly with the professors and have a great relationship with all of them. The hours are flexible such that it can mesh with my other obligations.
Pros
Flexible hours
Summary
Student Aide (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INMarch 10, 2016
It was a nice experience working at Valparaiso University while doing my Masters in the Same University. It was my first experience working with new people who are from different countries.
Great supervisors and a fun atmosphere
Peer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INFebruary 29, 2016
Valparaiso University has the nicest people I have ever met working there. My coworkers and supervisors were always there to help out when I needed it.
Fun and Productive Work Environment
Ambassador in Admissions (Orientation Assistant) (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INFebruary 24, 2016
Working at Valparaiso was fulfilling because of the welcoming environment and team members. Coming to work was a pleasure as I was able to learn something new about admissions everyday.
Cons
Great University with passionate and hard working staff
Associate Director of Marketing for Athletics (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INFebruary 19, 2016
I love the fast paced environment of working at Valpo. I have a supportive staff around me that really make work fun. The best part of my job is creating the game day atmosphere for athletic events and being in charge of high pressure situations. I think quick on my feet and every single day is different. Working in a creative environment is amazing, if we want to try something new we have the freedom and support to do so.
A congenial atmosphere
Intern (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, IndianaSeptember 28, 2015
Its a good experience to work in Valparaiso University. The place is professional and the people are cooperative.

The entire working culture helps the freshers to prepeare for their work and the supervisores are very understanding that, they respect the cultural diversity and cooperate at their bets to help the candidate survive well and perfom professionally.
Pros
Discipline, Camraderie
Cons
Salary
Ok Place to work
Building Services Tech. / Janitor (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso IndianaSeptember 7, 2015
It is a ok place to work for could use more pay. Learn a lot working for the University and benefits are good. The older people that work there get away with not having to do anything if you are young get ready to be used and do all the work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valparaiso University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2