Valspar Employee Reviews

Great job for people that are single.
Paint Technician (Former Employee) –  Bogart, GAApril 12, 2017
Tough place to work for if you are a valued associate that has a family back home. The more valuable you are, the more likely you be place in needed areas, ie. 2nd or 3rd shift. I was only able to see my family on Saturday and Sunday.
Pros
Benefits, early pay raises.
Cons
Supervisors need to act more like supervisors, Boss has a short fuse and is irrational at times. You will be talked to like a 5yr old, no matter who you are.
Interesting place to work
R&D Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXApril 11, 2017
The working environment was very conducive and the people that i worked with were very nice to me. the whole time i was there i enjoyed my work. Good!
Pros
Great people
Cons
Great workplace with caring attitudes towards employees
Part-Time Chemist (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 11, 2017
As a college student who is very involved in campus life and in the surrounding community, they are very flexible with my schedule and allow my education to take priority. The management is very kind and the culture is friendly and inviting. There is not much that is difficult to me, and the entire work experience is enjoyable to me.
Pros
multiple breaks, flexible scheduling, friendly management
Bad management
Operator (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILApril 7, 2017
This company has great people and it is a balanced well paid job, however, the management is not professional and responses from HR come back to you very slow.
Pros
Good people, decent pay
Cons
managent team, poor planing of overtime
Productive and busy work environment
Cash Application Supervisor/AR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 3, 2017
Generally worked 8+ hours per day, but that was mostly due to the international contacts and regions and job responsibilities. Being on the cash team my day started earlier than most, however I absolutely enjoyed my time at Valspar.
Management for the North American AR team was amazing and supportive of all the employees (contract or permanent).
Pros
cafeteria, location, co-workers, management
Cons
unexpected long days
Friendly atmosphere, greet team employees
Buyer II (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMarch 31, 2017
It was a laid back atmosphere when I worked there. The other employees were friendly and helpful. The management team was great at assisting the employees.
Productive wok place with opportunity to show my skills
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILMarch 4, 2017
Motivated leader with many years of experience leading teams of up to 20 EE's per shift. Oversaw the Safety committee and spill prevention committee. Strong knowledge in warehousing and shipping and receiving.
Good mid-career experience
Business Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILFebruary 24, 2017
I enjoyed my time developing and learning from upper management on the Architectural paint division and was able to participate in the company driven Lean Six Sigma program. In the Lean Six Sigma program, I completed an intense green belt training program.

I was able to get approval to advance my educational degree and obtain my Masters in Project Management.
Horrible
Order Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, PAFebruary 20, 2017
Worked here for a short time as a temp and pay was ok but hours were insane. If you have a family I wouldn't recommend working here you have no life but work. management was also bad they didn't want to hear about any problems you were having.
Pros
tons of work
Cons
managment was poor and no down time
normal job
Filler Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIFebruary 16, 2017
a typical day starts with a short meeting and stretch in the morning. Then everyone goes to their positions. break at 8 am and second break at 11:30. The shift ends at 3:30.
Good company
Territorial Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 10, 2017
Good company. Good management. Great products. Enjoy working for them. Employees stay with company for career. Hope they stay independent.
Good culture, upper management needs improvement
Production Planner (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIFebruary 9, 2017
Working at a plant is much more high-paced than an office setting. Never bored and always something new to learn every day. Downside is corporate does not take the time to understand each plant's capabilities.
2nd Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, ILFebruary 6, 2017
The management style is very demanding. There are too many people trying to be in charge, especially those who don't have any authority. There also, needs to be a better transition between both 1st and 2nd shift.
Pros
Good amount of overtime
Cons
picking paint is very heavy
miss u green oaks facility
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Green Oaks, ILFebruary 2, 2017
it is closed miss that place great people learned alot great people lots of activities with the people had a game plan for us everyday every thing was dress right dress
Pros
great people
Cons
closed down
fun work environment
Research and Development (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 29, 2017
It was fun and enjoyable from this time period. The new management and upper management really dismembered the success this company had to offer.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
CEO, Managment
I liked working there but wasn't really secure with job longevity
Batch Maker/Filling Operator (Former Employee) –  Matteson, ILJanuary 25, 2017
My experience was great as a worker until it came time to hire. I went through a temp service and unfortunately the temp service's contract ended leaving me in a awkward predicament. I thought I had a good enough relationship with my supervisor and manager that the transaction would be smooth to permanent placement. Instead I lost the job completely even though I worked well and was well liked. Just unfair overall.
Great staff
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJanuary 19, 2017
It is an okay place to work, mainly because of the gentlemen you work with. For the work you do the pay is not well. Advancement opportunities is minimal also.
Steady job, good training
Paint Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 15, 2017
Setup and reconcilation of cash drawer
Helped customers with mixing, matching, and recommendations of different coatings
Answered phones, performed cleaning duties, and warehouse duties as well
Pros
Good relationship with customers, learned about industry
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Great company to work for and they know how to take care of their employees
Sales (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCJanuary 10, 2017
I enjoyed my time with Valspar. They take pride in their sales force and give them the tools and knowledge to succeed in a very competitive market. I have learned a lot from my years there that have helped me to succeed in my future endeavors.
Pros
Trips, meals, expense account, great informational meetings
Poor Work Culture
Chemist (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, ILDecember 31, 2016
Poor work culture and hard to move up in the company. Very political. Meager raises, Hard to get noticed even when you work late. Lots of Gossip including in management.
Pros
Free Coffee, free paint.
Cons
Very political, poor work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valspar. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9