Valspar Employee Reviews

It just hard talking to leaders and never give you answer
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, ILJuly 19, 2017
They work you hard and you have to get 90% every month if you are not making 90% you get fired. you can't get promoted and you get 50 cent rise for the year.
Long shift
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 12, 2017
Hardest part: Long work weeks, working 12 hour shift 5 days out the week. Enjoyable part about the job was being paid weekly. The culture of the job was diverse and comfortable. Supervisors was great, no problems at all.
Pros
Pay
Cons
long days
Valspar was a very good company to work for. It was very much a family vibe in the group I was part of. We all knew each other across the country.
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Eastern CT/Western MAJuly 11, 2017
The job had a lot of freedom, yet at the same time there was definite guidance. Communication was constant, but not in a "Micromanaging" kind of way. There was tremendous potential for bonus and company prizes.
Pros
Company Car, Company Electronics, Per Diem for lunch
I am a quick learner I get along good with others and good at following directions
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  1342 Veterans Drive Romeoville IllinoisJuly 5, 2017
I am a quick learner I get along good with others and I follow directions clearly.I also am a certified forklift operator.on a good day in the warehouse the warehouse was not too hot
Pros
good with people
Cons
Good place with great management
North American Automotive Quality Leader (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXJuly 4, 2017
Everyday is different and challenging but enjoyable. Great team work and opportunities to try new ideas. Managing different product lines could be challenging at times, but result is well rewarded.
Pros
Easy going Management team with great support
Awesome
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  MissouriJune 28, 2017
Loved every minute of the job.

- helping customer
- driving to different accounts
- training new associates
- building long lasting business relationships.
Pros
everything
Great Workplace
Territory Manager/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCJune 27, 2017
Valspar was a great company to work for. I received management training as well as job/career enhancement training (management training, six sigma training, sales training, etc.). The workplace culture and company management were great.
Pros
Training, Management
Cons
Advancement
Challenging and rewarding
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 21, 2017
Fun, challenging, low stress, good sales culture, fantastic work/life balance, company provided training, company vehicle, sales contests for money and trips
Great company to work for
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  NC,SC,VA,GA,WVJune 21, 2017
This is a great Company to work for. I have been with them for 20 years and love it. The hours are good and so are the people. I get lots of time off and you are treated like family.
Passionate Organization
Territory Sales Manager/Consumer Products (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJune 21, 2017
Great organization. Free lunches. Supportive management, leadership team listens and supports the employees. Salary could be higher but the benefits are good.
hi
Blender Operator (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 19, 2017
Its a good company to work for of you are single and like working overtime .Really not good of you have little kids that you are trying to see grow.This is just a lilttle something .
Not Sure If this is a goo place for employees
Health, Safety, Environmental Admin Support (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJune 12, 2017
Not much to talk about with Valspar. Company was being brought out and has not been sold so I knew as a contract worker there would be no place for me at Valspar and there was no concern for my job in which I did a great job but got really frustrated with management and their childish ways. Especially higher mgmt.
Pros
Great Supervisor for contract position
Cons
Management very unorganizeed
Caring upper management
Line/Packaging Operator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 2, 2017
Every day brings different settings based upon what operating line you are assigned for the day. Given there are several variables that come into account. You work independently with minimal supervision
Inexperience is in charge and the plant's morale is way down.
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXMay 30, 2017
This plant was great to work at a few years ago, but management has changed and we have a ton of inexperience here now. The most stressful part of this transition is the fact that management will not listen to the operators or supervisors that have been there.
Pros
Benefits.
good opportunity to advance
Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 25, 2017
Good place to work, very friendly and helpful co-workers and management, hardest part of the job is getting wet and having to dry under the air conditioning.
Pros
plenty of overtime
Cons
could be safer
paint manufacturing
Production Balance Employee (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 21, 2017
paint manufacturing plant. i was trained on every job in the plant and could do them all. Union shop, good pay, sometimes hard labor to perform. worked nights 12 hr shifts.
Global Paint and Coating Manufacturer
Technical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCMay 10, 2017
Founded in Boston in 1806. At over 200 years old, Valspar Corporation is the sixth largest paint and coating corporation in the world.

An acquisition by Sherwin-Williams is pending and will likely finalize in early 2017.
Typical Day at Work
Production Tech/ Extruder Operator (Former Employee) –  Covington, GAMay 8, 2017
Morning Shift
Clock in
Get assignment for the day
Set up your work place for comfort
Start your work
Take Break
Continue Work
Take Lunch
Clean Up
Clock out
Go home for the day
Pros
Good Environment
Cons
Short Breaks
A little on both sides.
Filler Operator (Former Employee) –  Matteson, ILMay 7, 2017
They will give plenty of overtime because making their production goals are just out of their reach all the time. The management is good but they have a tendency to do something they tried last time and did not work. They would do this on multiple ovations.
Great place to work, tired of the travel
Distribution Lean and Batch/UV Maker (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCMay 7, 2017
Valspar was an excellent place to work, I left Valspar because I was tired of driving 1 1/2 hours daily to and from work for 10 years, I was an excellent employee and lead, I had the opportunity to train new and seasoned employees on various machines and loaded merchandise on tractor trailers for shipping. It was a very tough decision to leave this great company, but it was time. I want something closer to home so I can spend more time with my family and attend church on a regular basis.
Pros
Cons
1 1/2 hours traveling to and from work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valspar. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9