Valspar Employee Reviews

Productive wok place with opportunity to show my skills
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILMarch 4, 2017
Motivated leader with many years of experience leading teams of up to 20 EE's per shift. Oversaw the Safety committee and spill prevention committee. Strong knowledge in warehousing and shipping and receiving.
Horrible
Order Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, PAFebruary 20, 2017
Worked here for a short time as a temp and pay was ok but hours were insane. If you have a family I wouldn't recommend working here you have no life but work. management was also bad they didn't want to hear about any problems you were having.
Pros
tons of work
Cons
managment was poor and no down time
normal job
Filler Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIFebruary 16, 2017
a typical day starts with a short meeting and stretch in the morning. Then everyone goes to their positions. break at 8 am and second break at 11:30. The shift ends at 3:30.
Good company
Territorial Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 10, 2017
Good company. Good management. Great products. Enjoy working for them. Employees stay with company for career. Hope they stay independent.
Good culture, upper management needs improvement
Production Planner (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIFebruary 9, 2017
Working at a plant is much more high-paced than an office setting. Never bored and always something new to learn every day. Downside is corporate does not take the time to understand each plant's capabilities.
2nd Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, ILFebruary 6, 2017
The management style is very demanding. There are too many people trying to be in charge, especially those who don't have any authority. There also, needs to be a better transition between both 1st and 2nd shift.
Pros
Good amount of overtime
Cons
picking paint is very heavy
miss u green oaks facility
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Green Oaks, ILFebruary 2, 2017
it is closed miss that place great people learned alot great people lots of activities with the people had a game plan for us everyday every thing was dress right dress
Pros
great people
Cons
closed down
fun work environment
Research and Development (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 29, 2017
It was fun and enjoyable from this time period. The new management and upper management really dismembered the success this company had to offer.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
CEO, Managment
I liked working there but wasn't really secure with job longevity
Batch Maker/Filling Operator (Former Employee) –  Matteson, ILJanuary 25, 2017
My experience was great as a worker until it came time to hire. I went through a temp service and unfortunately the temp service's contract ended leaving me in a awkward predicament. I thought I had a good enough relationship with my supervisor and manager that the transaction would be smooth to permanent placement. Instead I lost the job completely even though I worked well and was well liked. Just unfair overall.
Great staff
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJanuary 19, 2017
It is an okay place to work, mainly because of the gentlemen you work with. For the work you do the pay is not well. Advancement opportunities is minimal also.

Want to know more about Valspar?

Ask a question
Steady job, good training
Paint Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 15, 2017
Setup and reconcilation of cash drawer
Helped customers with mixing, matching, and recommendations of different coatings
Answered phones, performed cleaning duties, and warehouse duties as well
Pros
Good relationship with customers, learned about industry
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Great company to work for and they know how to take care of their employees
Sales (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCJanuary 10, 2017
I enjoyed my time with Valspar. They take pride in their sales force and give them the tools and knowledge to succeed in a very competitive market. I have learned a lot from my years there that have helped me to succeed in my future endeavors.
Pros
Trips, meals, expense account, great informational meetings
Poor Work Culture
Chemist (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, ILDecember 31, 2016
Poor work culture and hard to move up in the company. Very political. Meager raises, Hard to get noticed even when you work late. Lots of Gossip including in management.
Pros
Free Coffee, free paint.
Cons
Very political, poor work environment
pay is good. not much time for life outside of work.
Filler / Batch maker (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILDecember 30, 2016
so much mandatory overtime you feel like you live there but the pay is great. management seems like they don't have a clue sometimes. fellow employees are really good people to work witk.
Competative environment with little social integration
Quality Assurance Manager II (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXDecember 4, 2016
A day at Valspar is met with copious task oriented activities that always seem to outnumber the number of employees or sophisticated systems available to complete said tasks. It is a regular challenge to guide the business into areas of growth and improvement as most groups struggle to work together. Most of the employees there are nice, but are left to defend themselves and their positions with little support from management. The most enjoyable part of my job is influencing and mentoring young minds, as there seems to be an endless supply of new employees that need guidance due to the high level of turnover.
Pros
Flexible work schedule for salary employees
Cons
Lack of culture that supports human capital
Great benifits
Territory Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXDecember 2, 2016
The company pays slightly below average; however, the benefits are unparralelled. It is inexpensive and covers an unrealistic amount. I have been gone for two years and still get small amounts into my 401K. They covered 100% of prenatal care, so my wife and I spent only co-pays for all visits, $0, to my wife's OB like 5 or 6 times during her pregnancy. She was hospitalized multiple times and including child birth and stay we spent under $1000 for the entire pregnancy. I got fillings in 4 teeth, all my wisdom teeth pulled including oral surgery for 2 and my cost was around $200. I cannot understate how much the benefits with this company made up for any low amount of salary. The work was solid. They expected great results, but they provided everything needed. Also, my position came with $10/day for lunches, plus any amount needed for sales lunches.
Pros
Free lunches, great benefits, company car, technology provided
Cons
Constant curveballs, growing competition
Territory Manager
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 7, 2016
The Company Is being Bought out, But the company Is the best company I have ever been apart off.

Called on Lowes and had about 5 stores I had to travel to and manage-Train-Inventory-Sales Calls
Had a company Car, Expense Car, Laptop, Ipad,
Very hazardous
Operations Balancing Employee (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHOctober 31, 2016
Very Hazardous, requires lots of Safety Regulations for your safety. Chemical hazardous products work-related that requires lots of Safety-precautions.
Pros
Sufficient bonus Val-share.
Cons
Chemical hazardous
Good workplace with enjoyable co workers!
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, PAOctober 25, 2016
Was a good experience. I really enjoyed the job and also the people. It was a relaxing place to work and also a fun place! I looked forward to going everyday!
Pros
Enjoyable environment
Valspar
Stand-up Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXOctober 13, 2016
The job was good but the Management wasn't there because their were going close that branch so when the time came I got a better offer from a other job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valspar. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8