Value City Furniture Employee Reviews

FUn place to work, hard to move up
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MDFebruary 10, 2016
It is a great place to work. My co-workers are great and management is amazing. The issue I have is that it is hard to move up in the company. At least it is at my store.
Pros
30% discounts
Productive workplace, plenty of learning opportunities
Selling Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHJanuary 29, 2016
Busy workload,
independent work schedule,
commission pay,
flexible schedule
a lot of customer service interaction,
friendly management
challenging situations to learn from
exciting incentives and rewards
Driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILDecember 27, 2015
Awesome job once you get use to it. Hard at first because your not use to lifting furniture all day, breaks when ever you can. fast enviroment to work at.
great work responsibilties
Merchandise Processor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 9, 2015
Great benefits but low pay but I did like this employer. opportunities for improvement was okay as well. I liked the work schedule as well
Pros
Material Handler
Cons
Very low pay
The best place to buy home furnishing for the average family
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Benwood, WVNovember 3, 2015
During my dozen plus years working at Value City Furniture Company I acquired useful sales skills through their professional training program and expert management. They
Offered the best value in home furnishings which made my job
easier and I'm proud to have been associated with them.
Pros
Best Selection at Lowest Price
Fun and exciting
Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 25, 2015
I enjoyed working with customers making their orders final and seeing then happy with the outcome. I enjoyed my colleagues.
VCF is a great place to start.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOOctober 7, 2015
VCF is a good job to gain experience in handling customers, and building customer service skills. The co-workers are fun and supportive, however the company is horribly managed which has a high negative effect on the success of the company.
Slow pace
Sales Constant (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHOctober 7, 2015
Not a bad place to work money is not bad. You can have a home life here. You are not asked to do much more than to sale. Not very much training but you do have time to learn.
Pros
You can spend time with family
Cons
To many other sales people
Sales Dream Floor
Home Furnishing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 30, 2015
Fantastic job, worked very hard to achieve goals. Management was fantastic, kept the job momentum going. Perfect balance of work and outside life.
Fast-paced, interactive, customer-oriented
Customer Service Rep/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Niles, ILSeptember 15, 2015
A typical day at work includes: opening office procedures, answering incoming calls, contacting customers regarding delivery/service times, assisting any customer at the counter, processing daily sales transactions (cash, checks, credit, finance, etc.), maintaining delivery routes, checking in delivery drivers, reviewing and mailing out financial contracts. It is an extremely fast-paced environment that has honed my customer skills and is a wonderful place to learn how to work well with others and build customer relations. The best part of the job is being able to make customers happy, and we all have fun doing it.
Pros
Fast paced, fun environment, able to build relationships with coworkers and customers
Cons
Working the holidays
Very Productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDSeptember 10, 2015
A Supportive staff. The company made sure to cater to all customers including the uneasy customers that were upset about delay of furniture or damaged furniture.
retail furniture
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 31, 2015
This is a nice place to work. They let you work the sales process in your way as long as you are hitting their numbers. They are closing Flint store location very soon.
Pros
Freedom to sell your way
Cons
Lack of customers coming into store
Fun and challenging
Home Furnishing Consultant (Current Employee) –  North Olmsted, Oh 44070August 12, 2015
Value City on a daily basis allows me opportunity to assist customers with there furniture selection. Rewarding in many different ways, within my co-workers, management, compensation and the business in general.
Busy store with friendly faces
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIAugust 3, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of opening the store, getting all the registers ready for the cashiers, answering the phones, solving all customer issues, ordering merchandise, check all AR balances, make the deposits, and close the store. It was a great place to work with friendly co-workers and management.
i spent most of my day putting out fires created by the company
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAAugust 3, 2015
Haynes were great in getting customers in the store, and also closing deals. it felt like, however, that once the funds had changed hands, the company could care less about their customers.
Pros
leaving the company
Cons
having to fix problems created by the company.
Shipping and Receiving
shipping and receiving (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 2, 2015
loaded and unload, rack, fold the clothes, stock, work with teamwork, moving cart put in the building, and communication with co-worker.
Had a good break room
Customer Service Representative/ Front Desk (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOJuly 29, 2015
a typical work day would consist of calling pick ups for furniture, call in parts needed, take phone calls, count the cash, handle the cash deposit from the prior day, confirm service parts completed in store, handle customers in the front desk of the store along with any cash handling purchases, call deliveries to confirm arrival time
Pros
discount on furniture
Cons
sometimes we didnt get breaks
Goal to make the Store profitable and increase sales
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clay New YorkJuly 25, 2015
Store Manager and myself maintained a relaxed atmosphere
in the store for the employees and developed a open door policy where as nothing was off limits to discuss to help better the
relationship of the store
Pros
freedom of hours
Warehouse/Driver
Warehouse/Driver (Former Employee) –  Calumet City IL.July 23, 2015
Unloading of furniture to be stock prep furniture for daily deliveries,file paperwork schedule deliveries for the next day
Great place
Warehouse Associate/Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 18, 2015
This was a great place to work as a stepping stone while I attended college. The manager worked around my schedule and did what was needed to support my school.