Value City Furniture

Value City Furniture Employer Reviews

Developed Retail management skills here
Store Manager (Former Employee), columbus ohMarch 28, 2015
Excellent company. Still family owned wih many opportunities for growth in retail store management and warehouse management.
fun when slow and hardwork when busy
Office Manager (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 28, 2015
Pros: good health insurance.
Cons: no family life, working every holiday even thanksgiving
benefits are good, store management are mostly good people, sales is all based on commission(and are forced to meet goals of selling extra stuff like warranties or get fired), drivers get paid good and technicians who fix furniture also get paid excellent. the lowest paying jobs are the office girls/staff and warehouse staff with off course the exception of drivers. Retail hours and hard work when its income tax season or holidays. Company for the past 2 years started to open on thanksgiving day! Company is Jewish owned which they don't care about other people's holidays as long as the enjoy their holidays! Company also stopped matching 401 K and froze pay increase while the young owners (the sons) enjoy buying apartments in NY! once the grand father and father died and young owner sons took over the company started to decline! They got rid of a lot of great people who worked in high management to hire new and less cheaper pay ones. Also furniture is not made the same like good old days.
ever changing furniture
Sales (Former Employee), Erie, PAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: good furniture and management
Cons: closed
I had a good time working at Value City Furniture and enjoyed the people I worked with. They had good products and management was good. Employees had a good time on the downtime by getting to know eah othe better.
Great people, Good experience
Sales Manager (Current Employee), KentuckyMarch 9, 2015
Pros: ability to advance
Cons: management
A good place to work. Lots of opportunities to grow within the company. The people you work with become family. Unfortunately the company does not value the employees as much as the furniture.
warehouse lead
Driver (Former Employee), Mentor, OHMarch 9, 2015
Open store for drivers, print paper work for delivery, unload trucks from Columbus, prep furniture for next day delivery, inspect furniture, fix damage furniture, routing the trucks for next day delivery in the dispatcher program, attended customer pick up in the warehouse, keep rotation of product, clean the warehouse, fix problems for delivery by phone with costumers, and fill in for a driver incase of a call off.
Over all a very rewarding and educationial expierence.
Manager (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIMarch 9, 2015
Start the day by reviewing numbers for the prior day and get the numbers to beat for the current day. Review any intereal memos and e-mail, projects for the home office. Having a team that supports your decisions and helps you grow is the best part of the job. Having the satisfaction of solving issues weather complex or simple.
fun place to work at very nice company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mentor, OHFebruary 19, 2015
i really enjoyed working for this company, and i got a lot of good experience as well,and my co-workers were so good and helpful..
productive
Drivers Assistant /Warehouse (Former Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: layoffs
This occupation was great until they started to layoff due to salary issues in the company. I enjoyed my time there but I believe that that could have been more productive and may have notified there workers that they were laying off
Fun place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Mansfield, OHFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: good environment
Cons: no benefits/ low pay rate
Enjoyed being there. Management is good. Good environment. Low pay rate. No benefits. The work can be hard occasionally.
Excellent
Sales (Former Employee), GreenbrookFebruary 6, 2015
Loved the atmosphere, we all helped eachother. Often got kudos and appreciation for my upselling the warranty extensions
Very nice furniture store for anyone to come and shop for newer high quality things.
Driver Delivery Helper (Former Employee), Flint, MIJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: discounts on anything in the store.
Cons: there is a bunch of gossip and unorganized things that goes on inside the store.
A typical day at work could be very fast pace or very slow. I learned the different techniques of moving things in and out of people homes. The people that I worked with were very elf motivated and ready to work. the hardest part of the job is dealing with other co workers screw ups. The most enjoyable part of the job is receiving multiple tips per day.
Retail Furniture Company
Merchandise & Sales Manager (Current Employee), Catonsville, Maryland 21228January 24, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: long hours no home life
Great place to meet new people daily!!
Countless telephone calls!
Great Co-Workers!!
Open floor plan ..great atmosphere
Business Office Associate (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAJanuary 22, 2015
Working together w co-workers was a great experience. Getting our work done in a timely manner was very important. Management put trust in the office workers to make decisions and that meant a lot to me because that gave me a since of leadership and I enjoyed knowing that the decision that I have made at the end of the day have made someone happy.Thank You
really didn't like job
Receiver (Former Employee), Temple Hills, MDJanuary 21, 2015
the job was really crazy nobody trains you just throws you out there to work with no guidance.
ok place to work.
General Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), orland park, IllinoisJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: great hours
Cons: attitudes in the work place
I learned that it can be a hard thing in the work field when someone in the work place decides to no like you and they are friends with your supervisor.
Energetic
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Merrillville, INJanuary 1, 2015
Fun place to work but im about business first,i like to move around never standing around always fond something to do. Loke to work wit my hands and I like a clean place or establishment should I say, plus Ive work in two warehouses before
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 31, 2014
Pros: free lunch, free wifi
Cons: healthcare
Answer phones to respond to orders, general customer inquiries, invoice questions, and customer complaints, project a professional company image through phone interaction. Recognize, document and alert the supervisor of trends in customer calls. Upsell products and services, assist customers with help, provide customers with product and service information. Answer phones and respond to customer requests. Handle cash, process orders, forms and applications. Handle and resolve customer’s complaints.
Positive and small workplace environment
Office Associate (Former Employee), Memphis, TnDecember 21, 2014
Pros: positive environment
Cons: not much opportunity for career advancement
Value City Furniture is a great place to come to jump start your career, especially for people looking to build a sales career or customer service career. One of the benefits of working here is that you get an opportunity to meet a lot of people on the job and the company offers great service to their customers, therefore meeting different people throughout the day is usually a pleasurable experience.
Very friendly Environment
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Mechanicsburg, PADecember 16, 2014
Get to meet a lot of people, Clean up the warehouse, Managers are very friendly, my job isn't very difficult, i get to interact with a lot of people
fun place to work with great benefits
wharehouse worker (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VADecember 9, 2014
Pros: discounts on furniture. good benefits, sneak peaks at all the scratch and dents before they hit the discount section, 401k
Cons: pay rate
a normal day for me at Value City furniture was always a new challenge. Between loading and unloading trucks, stocking, loading and unloading customers vehicles, assembling furniture,etc, there was always something to do. Management was always open and friendly, attentive, and effective. They worked along side us just like the rest of my co-workers, who were a great bunch. The hardest part of the job was delivering furniture in inclement weather conditions. Some days i would substitute if somebody on a delivery truck would miss a day or take vacation. The most enjoyable part of the job was also delivering furniture because everyday was something new and i got to see a lot of new places people and things.

1 2 3 4 5

About Value City Furniture

The quest for Value City may not require you to venture outside of your hometown. A leading home furnishings retailer, Value City – Read more

Value City Furniture Salaries