VALUE CITY Employee Reviews

wish this store was still open
Loss Prevention Lead Detective (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PAJanuary 17, 2018
floor surveillance operating cctv camera, that a lot of people shoplift, I had the freedom to make my own judgements, fun place work all employees work as a team, having to arrest some one for shoplifting, knowing I saved the company hundreds of dollars.
this company is closed
Office Staff member (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44128January 17, 2018
I worked at the Value City store not furniture store. The store that I worked at is no longer open. I can't recommend for someone to work there because it is no longer open
Department store
Supervising Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 16, 2018
This was my very first job. I loved it. Ladies wear. I loved this store and my department It was fun and I fell in love with retail and merchandising.
Respective and Fast paced enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Gurnee, ILJanuary 16, 2018
The job wasn't too difficult after understanding your role. Although you might always have constant questions to expand your knowledge. Customers always have various types of questions.
It is a sales job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILJanuary 15, 2018
If you work, you make money. # of hours worked was good, but nights and weekends and holidays were not. Overall good place though. You did what you were supposed to do, they left you alone.
Pros
Easy to work with
Cons
Nights and Weekends
You reap what you sow
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 12, 2018
I absolutely love this job fast paced movement no set times to get off you leave when the job is finished the only caveat is that the management that was in place when I was employed here didn’t take the job that serious
Pros
Plenty of hours
retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 10, 2018
what can i say about working here it was fun the people that i worked with and the people that i got to meet. just helping people was a joy. they family feeling of working here was great.
fun work place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDJanuary 9, 2018
I learned a lot in this job, working there was nice I used to work with a very good experienced team very helpful, management was poor, workplace was productive, i likes meeting new people everyday and communicate with people and coworkers
Good place to start again.
Clerical (Current Employee) –  Bayonne, NJJanuary 8, 2018
I learned how to work in a retail place. It was fun to learn new things like how every entrance in the system affected the entire inventory. What I liked the most is seeing or hearing a satisfied customer, it makes me feel that we all did a good job, from the sales associates to the delivery staff.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No benefits, late hours
Petty managers, cutthroat sales enviroment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 6, 2018
Poorly managed. Cutthroat enviroment. Management clearly favor certain employees over others. Sales blamed for office and delivery mistakes. Hours fluctuate depending on manager's mood.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Long hours. No trust. Petty managers.
Good work place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDDecember 27, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Value City there was a lot to do in a lot to learn I used to deliver furniture so that was fun I also used to work in the warehouse you can get kind of far but there's not a whole lot of advancement all in all it was a good place to work and a good place to make money for a short period of time
Pros
Tips
Cons
Odd work days
Just a job to maintain myself. Not a career choice
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 18, 2017
Based on the work you do and certain hassles it just wasn't the right fit for me. Was sometimes expected to do the impossible and wasn't enough team play with everyone involved
It's okay
CSR (Current Employee) –  Eastgate, OHDecember 17, 2017
I worked for VCF for going on three years, it's an alright job, but the system they use is ancient and cumbersome. There are a lot of issues with management, and the work environment isn't so great. But a good thing about them is that they do work around school, even if they make you feel a bit guilty. There is a lot of favoritism that goes on there, and it can be an extremely cut throat place. I've learned to not talk about any personal issues because management will use it against you.
Productive, had lots of fun
ASSISTANT MANAGER / FLOW MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Pennsdale, PADecember 17, 2017
Very busy workplace for customer service and deliveries daily to full up store shelves.

Had a lot of hard working Team Members that cared about their work.
Pros
Had a great group of Team Members to work with.
Cons
Needed more good Team Members
Not a terrible work environment
Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHDecember 14, 2017
The management was really awful, and training was inadequate. But all-in-all it was a fun job, minus lots of down time. Management has changed since I left, so I’m willing to bet it’d be a great place to work now.
Pros
Decent pay, decent benefits. Easy job
Cons
Must be a quick learner, be able to take criticism.
It was relaxed stress free exciting place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Irvington, NJDecember 13, 2017
The work environment was good, friendly, always work to do. It was fast paced at times but stress free & the management was passionate & considerate at times.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Low pay
sales
Home Furnishing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 12, 2017
Responsible for Assisting customers with the selection and purchase of merchandise in our showroom Maintaining sales reports and ensuring prompt follow up on customer inquiries Processing sales orders in an accurate and timely manner Completing sales transactions and providing information to customers. Attending sales training development workshops regularly to enhance skill level and product knowledge on all aspects of furniture and service which we provide.
This store needs attention
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo MichiganDecember 12, 2017
Only stayed a week. In that time my trainer left me for hours at a time with nothing to do. He has spent 60 mins with me training out of 6 full days. Was not trained at all.
Sales personnel seemed to work together as a team, very resistant to any changes. If you like to do as you please, in a extremely competitive environment, this just might be the place for you.
Pros
Free water
Cons
No training, cut throat environment, ineffective manager, long hours
Value city
Home Furniture Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Franklin, WIDecember 6, 2017
I sold furniture here as a sales consultant and at this job I had a great time having knowledge on the furniture and being a sales rep. I enjoyed the rapport I built with each one of my clients while being placed here
Fun workplace with advancements
Sales Floor Associate/warehouse supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA 24502December 4, 2017
A normal day will include assisting customers on the sales floors, conducting transactions at the check out lanes. Management ensured the work environment was great for the workers and there was a lot of incentives to get advancements.