VALUE CITY Employee Reviews

Things never changed
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 23, 2017
There really was no chance for advancement in the job.nothing really changed on a day to day basis.The pay stayed the same the whole assignment.But attitude in management was ok.
Pros
manage yourself and your time
Cons
no one else to do your job so no call offs.
Easy work. Friendly staff.Good management team
Forklift Operator/Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 20, 2017
7 o'clock a.m we clock in. Get with manager. Go to work area. Pull orders. And stock and organize pals of product. With a forklift. All day until. 3 o"clock p.m. We break whenever boss tells us to. I've leaned a lot about home improvement.
Cons
Short Breaks
Smooth running company
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 16, 2017
Value City Furniture was a place where we welcomed our customers to feel comfortable an invited. Once a customer is being helped we make sure they get what they want or need if not more on top of what they may have wanted or needed. If we feel we cant make a sale most the time a manager should be presented or spoken to just to make sure we are able to close a deal or make a future customer. The hardest part of working at Value City Furniture was closing deals with i'm just looking customers.
Pros
discount on furniture
Cons
no weekends off.
didn't like dealing with the public
Domestics mechandise stocker (Former Employee) –  Springdale, OHMarch 15, 2017
I started out working early morning hours stocking shelves but when they decided to renovate the store they changed my hour to evening and I had to stay after the store closed and put merchandise back neatly on the proper shelf in the correct store section.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
frustration of dealing with the fact that we had a lot of shoplifters
Big time thinkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 13, 2017
Large corporation that spends a lot of time cultivating there clients and employees. Marketing efforts were top-notch which provided ample opportunity for sales growth.
Pros
Growth opportunities and advancement options
Cons
Micro-managed
Fun
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 6, 2017
Fun environment again very customer oriented help a lot of customers come in and out the door. Great place to work as well flexible hours great staff great people learn lots of things
Very easy job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNMarch 6, 2017
I worked here during college and off and on during the holiday seasons. It's a fun environment and extremely light work. Work schedule is flexible as well.
A very nice place and environment to work in.
Home Furniture Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 27, 2017
A productive and fun place to work with a layed back and relaxing environment. I felt like more training and better training was needed in order to do a highly successful job and compete with other sales persons on staff.
value city furniture
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILFebruary 26, 2017
great place to work for need better benefits if u like to stay physical and on your feet than this is the place. keep you going and is never boring. great place to start for a warehouse job
No Balance
Sales (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaFebruary 21, 2017
If Nights, Weekends and Holidays are your thing, this might be a good stop, you will be working at least 3 nights per week, every holiday and most weekends. You will definitely have off on Christmas Day and Easter Sunday, unless they change their plans, which they frequently do. Your schedule will vary wildly from one week to the next. Your customers will not tell anyone that they were in before and spoke to you, you will not get a penny in commission if people do not ask for you. At times there are more salespeople than customers (the floor is "flooded"). Your Benefits will cost more and pay out less than you think. There is zero Company Match on your 401K. Your management team will have different rules for different people. You will find out what the rules are as you go along, not up front.
Pros
Not too many, the pay is about average...
Cons
Too many to mention
My works normally speaks for itself.
Stocker/Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INFebruary 13, 2017
I'm a hard worker, I come to work to perform and do my job duties. I had multiple jobs, I did cashier work, also I was a sales clerk.
I think value City Furniture is a good company to work for
Home Furniture Consultant (Current Employee) –  Utica, MIFebruary 10, 2017
The most challenging part of the job is, you never knowing how much your going to wright everyday. you have to stay positive.

I learned how to survive and achieve my quotas in a full commission work environment.

Management is supportive and wants everyone to achieve their goals. They will go the extra mile to help you close a deal.

The culture at Value City is relaxed and laid back. For example if you wear your suit you do not have to wear your tie.

The most enjoyable part of being a Home Furniture Consultant for Value City Furniture is, selling to the guest. We have a wide variety of furniture at different quality levels.
Pros
supportive company that is growing and changing with the times.
Cons
The sales floor can be very cut throat
Fun and a good learning experience
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 7, 2017
It was a total departure of what I had learned over the years. I had the opportunity to deal directly with customers from all walks of life and it was a nice experience. Learned so much about people and customer relations.
Pros
It give you more exposure and also fun
Cons
You work at odd times and not at times favorable to family life.
Company has lost its way
Market Manager/General Managers (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 2, 2017
Eliminating tenured employees for a new direction non business related includes cfo and Vice Presidents being profitable and efficient no longer a concern. Not sure about future as have broken general business rule of forgetting who customers are.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Everything else
fun
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 1, 2017
I loved this job. If I had not decided to return to school then I would have never left. No matter how crazy the customers were, I loved going to work.
Unlimited Income Potential
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 30, 2017
Excellent income potential, management could have better management interaction,professional work enviornment, more advancement opportunity needed,
Calm, Hands-On, and Fun.
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 26, 2017
This was a summer job for me and I did enjoy the time I was there. I learned how to pull orders, provide special requirements to certain customers, and arranging floor displays. The environment was calm and I enjoyed the people there.
Customer Service Rep...Dearborn Store
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJanuary 18, 2017
Absolutely loved the job...was looking to change my work background..went from 9 years manufacturing to CSR...stressful some days..but once I learned the ropes and was able to apply my problem solving abilities I felt like one of the team. Found a great pleasure in helping others and to match a face w a name upon face to face encounter, very gratifying knowing I addressed and elevated concers. Very friendly atmosphere, management was fair easy to get along with. Although hired for part time I worked anywhere from 22-33 hrs each pay period. Wkly pay was a plus also. Hated to go actually. If given the opportunity I'd do it all over.
Pros
Flexible schedule. Tempature controlled enviorment. Great learning experience
Cons
No complaints
Everyone for the most part is super nice
Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 17, 2017
okay place to work it can just be very hectic and frustrating trying to get a managers attention when needed and the benefits are terrible
Great Experience
Home Furnishing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJanuary 13, 2017
Great Experience! Great management and coworkers. Lots of earning potential for salespeople. I enjoyed working there. Easy job if you are people person.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VALUE CITY. Our community is ready to answer.