Value Place Employee Reviews in United States

busy days
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCAugust 10, 2016
typical work day servicing 10-20 rooms a day. cleaning and laundry room duties. taking out trash. making sure every room get whats needed before the day over. sometimes you meet and talk to different people.
Pros
co worked who finish early, comes to help out
Cons
having to staying over to get job done
Hands down worst job ever
office worker/housekeeper (Former Employee) –  NCAugust 3, 2016
Was hired to work in the office but was made to work in the office AND be the main housekeeper. Computer system was confusing and ridiculous. Oh and being paid 7.25 an hour for doing 2 jobs is not a way to keep employees. I tried my best and was treated like I was a nobody. Do yourself a favor and stay far away from this company.
Pros
Cons
pay is ridiculous
Productive.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 1, 2016
Productive work place get in do your job and get out. Coworkers can be lazy and let the hard workers do all the work. Best part of the job is working alone. Learned how to properly keep living spaces clean.
Great experience
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLJuly 30, 2016
This job has been very much a learning experience in many aspects and I have so much to take with me from this place. Not all great but not all bad.
Pros
Helps you get on your feet
great atmosphere
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 25, 2016
VP was a great place top work I just was stuck in a dead end position and wanted to move up in the company. when the position was opened they hired a person that had no expierence in hotels muchless anything else
Pros
great people
Cons
no corporate support
A Typical Day
Guest Attendant (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMJune 7, 2016
A typical day at work includes helping guest get situated with obtaining a room, making a reservation, or simply inquiring about the prices.
garner.nc safety attendant
Guest Service Safety Attnedant (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCApril 17, 2016
Do not work here. All employees are out to get each other. Mgmt has there favorites in employees and customers. High police activity. Mgmt raises prices without any notification. Workers pin point every situation trying to hide their mistakes under the radar. Expect you to work three hours at night but still get calls during night. States don't take any office calls after hours yet customers want to pay when they want whether it be 1am or 4am. Keys lost payment, late payments are supposed to be taken but Mgmt just adjusts the payments.
Pros
you have place to stay
Cons
everything
Unethical and Disappointing
General Manager (Current Employee) –  ColoradoApril 13, 2016
Terrible upper management...GM's are basically supervisors as they are given zero room to make changes as needed (they arent even allowed to complete orders!). Management feels that it is ok to change rate on guests as long as they havent paid already. The sales of a property are the direct responsibility of the GM but Area Managers restrict what you can do to sell the hotel. If you have a creative idea, just forget it. Gm's are given a checklist and you are not to stray from that as thats all you need. Guest service is an afterthought. It is just another thing they make GMs responsible for but give them zero tools to work with. Basically as a GM you have the ask guests you are close with to help you out and review the hotel. It's an embarrassment to hotels and will eventually be run out by a hotel where guests and employees are respected.
Pros
Cons
Bad Area Managers
Productive and fun
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, IAApril 12, 2016
Being able to do something I love which is clean was an excellent aspect of this job. Working with a friendly team inspired me that the management was on point at doing their job.
Pros
Pay great
Cons
Distance
Value Place
Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXMarch 15, 2016
Value Place was an exciting place to work for, there was always something different to do everyday. A typical day of work included inspecting rooms, doing deposits, checking in/out people, made sure everything was okay.
very stressful
Guest Attendant (Current Employee) –  Dickinson, NDMarch 13, 2016
maintaining a positive attitude in this work environment is very hard the management in this location is highly lazy and is not caring about the best interest of the hotel and its guests
Pros
working for value place as a whole is amazing
Cons
no teamwork
Worst job i have ever had
Safety Attendant/Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 27, 2016
I was a safety attendant so I was on call all night, most of which was not on the clock so I didn't get paid for that part. then I would have to get up and clock in at 6am and clean the entire building . I learned how to take apart an ac unit. Management was horrible. I was told how to do things by three managers and they were all different and when I would try to display what they wanted it was always wrong because they kept changing they way things needed to be done. they were not interested in teaching me how to do my job they just expected me to figure it out. the hardest part was cleaning up human feces in the parking lot everyday and they never had the proper equipment for handling.
Pros
Free Room
Cons
Everything else
Good Working
Guest Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHFebruary 26, 2016
Value Place is a good place to work at. Management could not get together to make the same decision about how the day to day opertions should go.
Pros
People
Cons
working 16 hrs a day
Awful
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 16, 2016
The company is built around making sure that you have all your eggs in their basket. if you are unlucky and actually work and live there then your life as a employee is a living heck.
Great company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXFebruary 14, 2016
Great company to work for, very detailed on cleanliness side. Lots of sales required since no national or regional marketing campaign.
Pros
Care about hotels a lot
Cons
Not many locations yet.
One giant hellish experience
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAFebruary 13, 2016
This company is a nightmare to deal with. Avoid them at all cost. You are underpaid and overworked constantly. Management is poorly trained and fails to communicate in a professional manner.
Pros
Live on site for some positions
Cons
Employees poorly treated and disrespected
fair
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 8, 2016
Management has a lot of turn over. Lots of police activities due to drugs in the building. Co-workers were great to work with but you never knew what property you were going to be at on any given day.
Developing leadership and understand standards
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Hobbs, NMJanuary 27, 2016
I was gracious enough to be given the opportunity to work with the company. I have learn so much, and with this being my first year in management it is definitely an experience I will not regret. The employees are not always eager to take on responsibility but with the right amount of motivation the team will come together.

Some challenges I faced is convincing the employees to be more detailed with their work and showing how to motivate others, but considering the location of the hotel, the city was underdeveloped so with most of the employees from the city they all had a way of trying to slack off when I there were many things to do. Not to mention when we market for the hotel a lot of the business was oilfield base companies and its kind of hard to tell if they will lay-off the crews or the companies will be able to maintain long enough to generate jobs for the crews (within the city or outside the city).

What I enjoyed the most is getting the know our guest that stay with us for an extended amount of time and just conversing with about there day. It always put a smile on my face when they tell us they enjoy staying with us.
Pros
Ability to relocate to different properties
Cons
The pay, extended work hours with no overtime, low appreciation for employees
Professional and Fun friendly smiling faces great place to work
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCJanuary 11, 2016
A typical day is easy going but busy, I learned that people are not always so friendly in the mornings. Management is helpful and always there when you need them, co workers are friendly as well the hardest part of my job is the attachment to guests and them losing them and the most enjoyable would be seeing the guests smile upon receiving good service.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 10, 2015
While working for value place hotel, i had many responsibilities. I cleaned each and every room, with help, that needed to be cleaned. I did the laundry and restocked each stock room. I also dealt with customers and cleaned their rooms as well and provided customers with whatever they may needed. Management could have been a little better but i liked the manager as a person. I really enjoyed my co-workers. They made my job more enjoyable. I leaned to have to work in a very fast paced manner. Housekeepers had deadlines to fill. The hardest part was to clean the rooms on time and the most enjoyable part of my job were my breaks.
Pros
fellow co-workers
Cons
almost no breaks

2.7