Value Place

Value Place United States Employee Reviews

Great Expierence
Property/General Manager (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXApril 7, 2015
Great Staff, was lucky to be thier boss. Great work life balance. Was sad to go. Need better Area Managers, need to spend more time looking at thier management skills
A great environment with great coworkers
Housekeeper, Custodian, Front desk (Current Employee), Springfield, MOMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Long lunch breaks
Cons: Have to work a full year before getting any benifits.
Once I attend work, the environment overall is amazing. A drama free zone. Everyone works hard to maintain there 99 point check list every day. I love the coworker environment and the management is absolutely great.

General Manager will always make your stay and work environment a great one. Most managers would not be able to step in and help in some work situations but for the general manager she does everything in her power to help , and maintain a clean, safe and simple work environment.
Alright place to work
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Wichita, KSMarch 26, 2015
My day consist of cleaning all of the move out rooms. I learn how to properly handle chemicals and needles. The hardest part of my jobs is cleaning rooms that have had people staying in them for several months
Very Structured
Assistant General Manager/ Property Manager (Former Employee), Sanford, FLMarch 25, 2015
very well structured. No room for error. which makes it great for employees and guest relations. very small staff so everyone helps eachother if you're at a good property
Never a lazy day
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee), Fredericksburg, VAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: a hour lunch break, live on site position
Cons: i feel there's more i could learn
Days started out slow due to Value Place is a fairly new hotel here in Frederickburg, but recently business has been picking up tremendously. The day consists of doing constant laundry and helping guest that come in looking for information on our property. Showing rooms, explaining the benefits that we have that would benefit them and their families. I've learned Nitevision, and how to work in laundry. I've learned the basics but would like to excel in other ways. I enjoy the environment that I am surrounded by; co-workers are friendly and they help in any way possible. The hardest part of the job is when a guest comes to me with a issue and I help them to the best of my abilities but when it comes to working with a guest complaint or a refund, they would have to wait till the Monday or the following day when the manager is there. I understand that is a normal procedure but I am the type of person that loves to work her way up and know what shes working with. Every business is different but I would love to feel comfortable talking about the business and everything that it includes like I am inviting the guest to stay in my home and if there is a issue I would fix it.
good friends nice workplace
head housekeeper (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: nice plate to enjoy my lunch break
Cons: not organized
I had fun with my coworkers, nobody was ever out of line and they kept good attitudes. i never worked to hard and i had good breaks
its a job
Hotel Custodian (Current Employee), Charleston, SCFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: you can advance within the company.
Cons: little pay, over worked, and hours cut back often
I like what I do I just wish that I was valued more at my job. I do more than my fair share. However it is what you make it I have learned a lot of skills.
Horrible
maintenance, front desk, cashier, safety attendant (Former Employee), Arnold, MOFebruary 17, 2015
Never been treated worse.
low pay long hours(72hr straight weekends by myself)
customer drug overdoses monthly
just a very bad place to work and worse managment
Mis Managed
Property Attendant (Former Employee), Ankeny, IAFebruary 13, 2015
Was hired part-time could not pay bills on that pay. Had to supply own tools, purchase own uniform shirts as well as pants
I'm 90% of the time the only employee working
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Okc I 240December 24, 2014
Pros: the guest takes me away from my situation great ppl
Cons: read above
I love VP it's actually one of the best companies I've had the opportunity to work for. Now on the other hand I observed for 14 days this I'm about to share.
Ok, during these day I busted my butt which like I said I don't mind cause I like this company but I never had one person come and lend me a hand. The manager walks around with a clip board giving orders which is fine she's the boss! The problem is she gathers up the other 3 employees and they walk, eat, and joke until I'm done doing my job and my co workers job. Fed up I am, I've yet to have an easy day. If I complete my work early my manager comes and add her other employees work to my assignment. I'm tired and ready for my co workers to get just as busy as me. Basically they do as little as possible to get paid more then me, while I complete their job dutys on a regular/daily. Managers like this make a hard working person like me dislike the type of work I love to do. I say this with tears in my eyes because sad part is I'll eventually break from going unappreciated, being over worked and loose a job with a company I wouldn't mind growing with.
Great Place to work. Loved meeting knew people.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Trophy Club, TXDecember 19, 2014
Pros: good health care
Cons: work on weekends
great place to work. Meet new people from all over the world. Manager is a trainer. He showed me how to help people learn without giving them all the answers.
decent atmosphere
ASSISANT PROPERTY MANAGER (Current Employee), columbus ohioDecember 13, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: healthcare
went well .
coworkers were nice and great to work with .
hardest part of the job was living on the property and being away from my family up north
Typical Day
Property Accountant (Current Employee), Wichita, KSNovember 6, 2014
Good experience with general accounting, property taxes, and DV reconciliations.
Not what i expected
---- (Current Employee), TXOctober 11, 2014
Pros: meeting new people who travel
Cons: no breaks, maybe a lunch, management comes and go, pay is okay but not enough for the work they expect you to do
can never keep management, nice and steady, keeps you on your feet, coworkers are okay as long as you get along with them, not much of a hard job at all, meeting new people that travel through this location.
This is not a place you want to work.
Manager on Duty (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXOctober 7, 2014
Pros: learn how to manage a property
Cons: the upper management team is severely disconnected for the lower management.
I did learn how to manage a property.
The upper management in the company is disconnected from the lower management team. There is very little communication to the lower management teams.
The general manager hired a young woman who he thought would be a great asset to the team but is more concerned about her personal life than the business. Will blame other team members for her mistakes.
It was an ok job
Security Attendant (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: free rent
Cons: low pay, weird hours and possible confrontation with people into drugs or domestic violence.
On any given day I was on call. The job required that I live on property and make rounds at all hours of the night. I had to respond to any emergencies as well as guests checking in. I had to deal with the police to assure the property was kept safe. I had one really cool co-worker and my boss was very by the book with certain people and with other allowed more leeway than should have been allowed.
It was an ok job
Security Attendant (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: free rent
no comment
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLSeptember 12, 2014
Cons: many
There was one manager that was awesome. They transfered me to another location. That manager should never have been a manager. Good person but not a leader. They got rid of him and brought in someone that seemed to want to show HQ she was a take charge individual. she started firing people she had just met. In two weeks never said a civil word to me and had fired all but 2. Myself included. I had given her a list of safety supplies to order. almost 2 weeks later she ordered them then fired me. Bitter? a little. Area manger never would brag on anyone. people need positive affirmation. None here except from the one manager.
VALUE PLACE SHELBY NC
Safety and Security Officer (Current Employee), Shelby, NCSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: free place to live
Cons: lack of pay
IF YOU NEED A FREE PLACE TO LIVE WITH VERY LITTLE TO NO SLEEP AND VERY LITTLE PAY PLEASE BE ADVISE TO HAVE A 2ND OR 3RD JOB ON HAND TO MAKE ENDS MEET OR HAVE KIDS TO SUPPORT
dog eat dog
Studio attendant (Current Employee), OHAugust 11, 2014
Pros: hmm i guess its a job, and some ppl got to live there for free
Cons: the workers no free lunch no paid lunch basically there are 0 perks
they are pretty shady there and a lot of them are liars. they pay is 8.25/hr biweekly. very very detailed cleaning. hardest part is its super repetitive.

1 2 3