Value Place

Value Place Employer Reviews

Great Place to work. Loved meeting knew people.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Trophy Club, TXDecember 19, 2014
Pros: good health care
Cons: work on weekends
great place to work. Meet new people from all over the world. Manager is a trainer. He showed me how to help people learn without giving them all the answers.
decent atmosphere
ASSISANT PROPERTY MANAGER (Current Employee), columbus ohioDecember 13, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: healthcare
went well .
coworkers were nice and great to work with .
hardest part of the job was living on the property and being away from my family up north
Typical Day
Property Accountant (Current Employee), Wichita, KSNovember 6, 2014
Good experience with general accounting, property taxes, and DV reconciliations.
Not what i expected
---- (Current Employee), TXOctober 11, 2014
Pros: meeting new people who travel
Cons: no breaks, maybe a lunch, management comes and go, pay is okay but not enough for the work they expect you to do
can never keep management, nice and steady, keeps you on your feet, coworkers are okay as long as you get along with them, not much of a hard job at all, meeting new people that travel through this location.
This is not a place you want to work.
Manager on Duty (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXOctober 7, 2014
Pros: learn how to manage a property
Cons: the upper management team is severely disconnected for the lower management.
I did learn how to manage a property.
The upper management in the company is disconnected from the lower management team. There is very little communication to the lower management teams.
The general manager hired a young woman who he thought would be a great asset to the team but is more concerned about her personal life than the business. Will blame other team members for her mistakes.
It was an ok job
Security Attendant (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: free rent
Cons: low pay, weird hours and possible confrontation with people into drugs or domestic violence.
On any given day I was on call. The job required that I live on property and make rounds at all hours of the night. I had to respond to any emergencies as well as guests checking in. I had to deal with the police to assure the property was kept safe. I had one really cool co-worker and my boss was very by the book with certain people and with other allowed more leeway than should have been allowed.
It was an ok job
Security Attendant (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: free rent
no comment
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLSeptember 12, 2014
Cons: many
There was one manager that was awesome. They transfered me to another location. That manager should never have been a manager. Good person but not a leader. They got rid of him and brought in someone that seemed to want to show HQ she was a take charge individual. she started firing people she had just met. In two weeks never said a civil word to me and had fired all but 2. Myself included. I had given her a list of safety supplies to order. almost 2 weeks later she ordered them then fired me. Bitter? a little. Area manger never would brag on anyone. people need positive affirmation. None here except from the one manager.
VALUE PLACE SHELBY NC
Safety and Security Officer (Current Employee), Shelby, NCSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: free place to live
Cons: lack of pay
IF YOU NEED A FREE PLACE TO LIVE WITH VERY LITTLE TO NO SLEEP AND VERY LITTLE PAY PLEASE BE ADVISE TO HAVE A 2ND OR 3RD JOB ON HAND TO MAKE ENDS MEET OR HAVE KIDS TO SUPPORT
dog eat dog
Studio attendant (Current Employee), OHAugust 11, 2014
Pros: hmm i guess its a job, and some ppl got to live there for free
Cons: the workers no free lunch no paid lunch basically there are 0 perks
they are pretty shady there and a lot of them are liars. they pay is 8.25/hr biweekly. very very detailed cleaning. hardest part is its super repetitive.
Run away!!
Safety Attendant (Former Employee), Orlando, FlJune 18, 2014
Cons: the wages, management.
I worked as an Safety Attendant for about 8 months. This position is pure slave work. You live on property and you have 2 days off a month. The hours are from 6p-12pm, then you're on call until 7:00am.You're not getting paid for the full 6 hours either, every hour you check the property, then clock out until the next hour. It's actually like 2 hrs. a day. Also the residents who know that you live on property bother you on your time off.
Never A Dull Day
Regional Manager (Current Employee), Greenville, SCApril 28, 2014
Pros: customer interaction
Cons: no benefits
Value Place has been a true experience that has helped me grow into who I am today. It has challenged me and allowed me to overcome fear of change. I owe a lot to Value Place for building my previous experience in management.
I really enjoy this job.
Safety Attendant (Current Employee), Groveport, OHApril 2, 2014
Pros: rent is part of my package.
Cons: no days off and the phone rings often during the night.
A typical day starts at 5 pm working 1 hour in the office. At 6 pm. The office closes and thereafter I am on call until 9 am.
I really enjoy this type of work.
I like the manager she is a very nice person.
I really respect the co worker the maintenance team and the house worker are the best.
The hardest part of the job is that I have no days off, and I am also residential. Therefore, I get tired of always being here.
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting the special guest that come in.
Got to do a lot of traveling
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Bessemer, ALMarch 27, 2014
Pros: on my own doing the job
Cons: being out late if truck broke down
Leaving at 3.30 in morning going to Nashville or Dothan or where ever and making other stops on way back.
Enjoyable
Leasing Agent/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXMarch 25, 2014
Pros: advancment
Cons: very bad managment
My job here was very challenging which I enjoyed. I was able to learn how to manage a place without being trained I was just thrown into it and I work very well under pressure that I did an excellent job in providing good wrok ethics for my coworkers and boss.
Horrible Communication Skills
Studio Attendant (Former Employee), Fairfield, OHJanuary 31, 2014
Management always changed their mind on issues more than anyone I ever met and no matter how hard or focused I tried to listen I had trouble understanding because she had such a thick accent.
Not good
Safety Attendant, Manager on Duty (Former Employee), MSDecember 25, 2013
Cons: everything
Expected to work 365/24/7. You live on property and were to work from 6 pm to 7 am during the week and from 2 pm Saturday til 7 am Monday. Problem was you were expected to help out during "off" times cause you lived there. Only got paid $7.25 hr for 15 hours a week plus the room and board. No benefits.
If job was as it was advertised then it would have been great.
Exciting place to work
Property Manager (Current Employee), Lebanon, TNDecember 5, 2013
Pros: great employer to work for
Cons: location and distance
Making sure all rooms are up to standards. I've learned the strentgh and weaknesses of my employees. Managing the property was very challenging, and my assistant made easy for me. Glad to have the opportunity to have her. Produced outside marketing and sales to increase revenue and occupancy.
Leaarning Experience
Guest Attendant (Current Employee), Conroe, TXOctober 29, 2013
Cons: no career advancement
Since my employment, there has been a steady increase of clients
I have acted has property Manager
Challenging job opportunities
Vice President & Project Manager (Former Employee), Wichita KsSeptember 11, 2013
Good company with lots of good people. the hardest part of the job was the lack of good direction.