Value Place Employee Reviews

never again
GSR / Night Auditor/ Head housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 17, 2017
This place was horrific. The manager and supervisor were bestfriends they would smoke blunts on the way to make drops to the bank and somehow money would come up missing. I made them roll back the tape so that manager and I both sat and watched me count money and put it in envelope to drop it. would never work here again.
Pros
if you do drugs you can work here
Cons
money will come up missing and you will be blamed.
loved working here
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMarch 28, 2017
my co workers were just great i really regret leaving here i should of stayed the hours were good and my boss was very understanding and caring i would recomend this job to anyone
Very demanding
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 26, 2017
Area manager was not a good leader, frowned upon secondary education. Very demanding and didn't really care about having a family. Give managers more control of budgets and P&L
great company to work for
Studio attendant/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 7, 2017
making sure workers were safe,and controlling traffic,How to be safe.most enjoyable was working with the crew.working outside everyday.management was great to work for.
Pros
making 15.00hr.
Cons
working 15 or more hours aday
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TXFebruary 19, 2017
Keep busy throughout the day with many duties that need to be done, the staff and environment are great, management does a great job at running the business and maintaining everything in an orderly manner.
Rewarding and Enjoyable
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 1, 2017
I enjoyed working as a Room Attendant, It was like Therapy for me to make the rooms that were assigned to me were cleaned as Meticulous as I cleaned them gave me so much Satisfaction and Enjoyment.
Pros
Free room/worked on-site
Cons
n/a
Great Atmosphere, loved the guest and employees
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXDecember 28, 2016
I started working at Value Place as their safety attendant. In 8 short months I advanced to the Assistant General Manager.. The General Manager encouraged and helped me developed the necessary skills that were required.. I am grateful for that expierence
its a job
Studio Attendant (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCDecember 15, 2016
to be honest i worked at all these places before i had kids. if you are just taking care of yourself and you dont have anyone else to look after then go for these jobs but, i have had way better jobs these are for kids with minimal bills
Productive and always something to be done
Night Manager (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZDecember 13, 2016
A typical day at value place would be busy checking in guests as well as check out. I learned how to do audits as well as communicate with corporate.
Pros
Meet wide ranges of poeple
Cons
Overworked filling 3 positions
Corperate is racist
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXDecember 1, 2016
I should of left a long time ago and on top of this I was in the process of adopting kids and right before Xmas they fire me behind some non sense all I ever wanted to do was show and prove I could do what I set out to do which was my job
Fairly decent workplace
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 25, 2016
It is a pretty basic job that has it pros and cons, however, I would recommend this job to any one, even under new management.
Pros
work space
Cons
management
Amazing Boss and usually a great work environment
Property Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CA 95823November 23, 2016
I had an amazing time there as my boss was just an outstanding person who didn't believe in not helping out when it was needed. When we would get over loaded with work she wouldn't miss a beat as she would step in to help. She was just an awe-inspiring person all around and a pleasure to work with.
Great Customers Poor Managment Company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IASeptember 13, 2016
Communication is horrible, no team skillset, training is very poor, horrible hours for someone with a family, management is poor, just a poorly ran hotel all the way around. The best part about this job was working with the guests and doing everything that I could to make sure they had a pleasant stay.
Pros
The guests were the best part of the entire job.
Cons
Standing on your feet for over 10 hours, marketing demands from managment company were unrealistic, absolutly no communication among management personell, the schedule does not allow any time for those who have children or families
Fun Place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 8, 2016
Value Place was an amazing work place. Everyone there was wonderful and nice. They helped me with anything I need with because I was new and had to learn quick.
Cons
Not enough sleep and customer alway losing their keys
Loved the job, hated the management and co-workers
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHSeptember 8, 2016
I worked a second shift job at Value place, I was working at 4-10, monday - friday and then a 10am-7pm on saturdays, and sundays 3pm-8pm. I loved working for value place because I loved working at a hotel, I loved the office environment I had. I loved helping guest, I loved checking in and out guest, I loved being able to have my own freedom and feel like I was in charge when I was in the office. I didn't like the way management was ran, it was very poor, she didn't go straight to the problem she talked to other employees about things that should have been private, instead of asking us to come work earlier or later she told us we didn't have a choice that she didn't want to be there. I loved working for value place, just wish the management was different!
Pros
loving the job title
Cons
poor management
High School all over again
Housekeeping/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  St. Charles, MOSeptember 5, 2016
Staff is lazy and incompetent at its best. Manager does not care to address drama issues in the workplace or many others. Co workers can flat out not do their jobs and still have a job at the end of the day. Workplace bullying and harassment is rampant. Petty behavior and high school mentality is rife in this place.
Pros
Blue cross blue shield insurance
Cons
Everything else
A Place for Personal Growth
Assistant Manager/Public Space & Safety Attendant (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTSeptember 5, 2016
ValuePlace was a perfect working environment for a student such as myself, to work hard, save money, and become independent. In a year's time, I had become knowledgeable of every position on the property. I worked as the Public Space Attendant, Housekeeper, the Guest Service Representative, and eventually took on a leadership role as Assistant Manager when the General Manager needed replacing temporarily. Working every single position (whichever was needed to be filled throughout the day) has given me a broad-sense of knowledge in regards to functionally running a hotel adequately. Management at the ValuePlace was always nice, and friendly, and accommodated your needs as an employee. Co-workers generally always worked independently, and for the same cause. The hardest part of the job would be trying to maintain sustainable stress levels on the job and accommodating guests needs. Doing so simultaneously and trying to complete your daily workload. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the perks that came with working on the property. I found the flexible hours, and convenient living accommodations to be most enjoyable.
Pros
Free Cost of Living
Cons
Annual raises, and difficult to advance
Fun enviroment
Reservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 21, 2016
Alot of changed during time I was there. I really enjoyed worked with my team.. Management made te work environment fun. Hardest part of job was keeping the hours
busy days
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCAugust 10, 2016
typical work day servicing 10-20 rooms a day. cleaning and laundry room duties. taking out trash. making sure every room get whats needed before the day over. sometimes you meet and talk to different people.
Pros
co worked who finish early, comes to help out
Cons
having to staying over to get job done
Hands down worst job ever
office worker/housekeeper (Former Employee) –  NCAugust 3, 2016
Was hired to work in the office but was made to work in the office AND be the main housekeeper. Computer system was confusing and ridiculous. Oh and being paid 7.25 an hour for doing 2 jobs is not a way to keep employees. I tried my best and was treated like I was a nobody. Do yourself a favor and stay far away from this company.
Pros
Cons
pay is ridiculous