Valvoline Instant Oil Change

Valvoline Instant Oil Change Employee Reviews

Worked for 3 years at this dead end job for people who only cared about the car count and numbers . Made to feel expendable.
ASE Certified Technician (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLSeptember 23, 2016
Terrible company and managers .Don't waste your time .only gained experience and everything else was a waste.Constant threatening of your job and livelihood.manager was never upfront and constantly went behind your back to other employees. Bringing back employees and made them above everyone else when actual certifications didn't apply to those employees only.Terrible pay and only got bad mouthed for needing a day off. It's bad.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Only cons.scheldule never consistent .minimum pay.expendable feeling
Be careful with this one
Senior technician (Former Employee) –  Riverside County, CASeptember 22, 2016
When I first started working at this company, I thought I had a great setup. They "promote" you frequently giving you little 25 cent raises here and there to keep you happy and feeling like youre moving up in the company, but in all actuality youre not going anywhere. Either way, it wasnt bad at first. As I went on, I started seeing the darker side of the company, and I can honestly say, when they want you out they REALLY want you out. I was punctual, always followed instructions, and always made sure to do my job correctly. But as soon as I called them on some of their BS, I got threats of being fired, write ups day after day, no one in management would speak to me. When I turned to HR for help, I found none because everybody in upper management of this company are friends with eachother. That is my one biggest complaint. I reached out to 3 bosses up the chain telling him about how I was wronged (with proof of direct violation of their handbook) and he came down to my store, had a "talk" with my manager, and that was that, nothing happened to them. Come to find out they hang out on the weekends. By all means, work here. For the most part its okay, but when they mess up, they wont hesitate to cover for eachother and throw you under the bus. Be prepared to take it without any objection. That is my warning.
Pros
Growing company
Cons
Management, non-flexible hours, no overtime, short lunch breaks, management
Decent place, but overworked
SCM (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaSeptember 18, 2016
The expectations as far as dedication away from family and or personal life, are far too great to make up for the good things this company offers. Managers are overworked, and employees quit almost weekly because of the excessive training and high performance goals.
wage discrimination
Certified Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILSeptember 12, 2016
I worked at the Rock island location for approximately 9 months. during that time frame, I was forced to work in a pit that was flooded with human waste for 3 days (after they made an employee attempt to scoop out the contents bare handed). this resulted in a call to OSHA for requiring us to work in hazardous conditions.

following this incident, I was made aware that I was making less money than my male colleagues. (I'm a female).
following a conversation with our area manager requesting to make equal wages, I was laid off 'due to a lack of labor hours'.
the management team did not have a valid reason to fire me so they laid me off. (also the day I was scheduled to receive a promotion)
I've noticed that even though I was to be called back if the situation changed, that they're posting job openings for the position I previously held. I am pursuing a lawyer and have contacted EEOC.
This corporation is a joke. they don't care about their employees or anyone else. they only care about meeting sales quotas.
I would never recommend this place of business for any maintenance on your vehicle.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
everything. sexism. no breaks. overworked. underpaid.
Ok
Technician (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MISeptember 10, 2016
Lots to remember. computer based learning is the best training you will get managers and other workers are very little help for new employees. pay is low
repetitive Job
Technician (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CASeptember 7, 2016
A lot of scripts that you have to know word for word, and a lot of yelling which causes a lot of miscommunication when it gets busy. OK place to get some experience.
Pros
1 Hour break time
Cons
No set hours, Scripts that make you sound robotic, ecxess amount of certification, if your tall and have to work under a car it sucks, very repetitive.
Fast Paced Friendly Environment
Certified Technician (Current Employee) –  Carbondale, ILSeptember 6, 2016
I enjoy my job at valvoline. Making customers happy and learning new things is very exciting to me. My manager is a down to earth guy and helps to make our job enjoyable!
Pros
Paid Holidays
Cons
30 minute breaks
Worked as a assistant manager for years at different locations
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 6, 2016
opened and closed service center, worked at different locations to assist managers in a time of need. Worked close hand with fellow co-workers and performed ordering and stocking of product for the service center.
Pros
was the first real job in the automotive field for me
Cons
was held back by an uneducated manager
fast and fun place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOSeptember 1, 2016
Based off the weather the day will be fast and long. I learned so much about automotive things. I worked with some really cool people . the hardest part about Valvoline is working in all the weather all year round. I enjoyed climbing up the latter on the management scale in a short period of time.
Pros
off on holidays
Cons
short lunches, body pain
Dont get your hopes up
Certified Technician (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, OHAugust 25, 2016
When you are hired in you are promised the sky and everything underneath it. There are no real opportunities for improvement and you are unable to obtain any real certifications working here.
Pros
indoor\outdoor work
Cons
Employees, hours, wages, false hopes, advancement
fun place
Certified Technician (Former Employee) –  Huber Heights, OHAugust 23, 2016
everyday was a new adventure with the different cars that we worked on and learning something new everyday. we would have some days that stood out more then others.
Great place....low pay
Senior Technician/Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOAugust 19, 2016
Good job for little to no experience on cars. Learned a lot and had plenty of fun. Worked with some great guys. ● Used my communication and organizational skills to ensure that staff members received the management support needed to provide thorough, time and cost efficient services to customers
● Performed a wide variety of mechanical repairs and provided customer education on vehicle maintenance
● Meticulous completion of multiple managerial responsibilities including: staff scheduling, daily cash accounting, opening and closing tasks, and assuring that the service center maintained a clean and professional appearance at all times
very cool and laid back workplace but the job always gets done
technician (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAAugust 16, 2016
A typical day at work is very tiring, can be slow and chill or busy and even more tiring. ive learned how to do many things pertaining to automobiles. the manager is a very cool guy plays pokemon alot. my cowokers are cool they have become my friends and it is very nice. hardest part of the job is being outside in the heat because it is just so tirining. but the most enjoyable part is that it is laid back when its slow and you can chill and have nice converstions with your friends
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
hard, no ac, hot out
Overall great place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 16, 2016
Great place, stay focused make sales and you will advance. Once a year manager trips to amazing locations. Could use more help in stores with training, its hard to get training done while running a busy store.
Fun but tough in the elements
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 9, 2016
You start work when its dark and you leave when its dark.
Promotion from within is unreliable and demand for operations outside your initial job description can be forced upon you.
Pros
Fun and fast enviroment
Cons
weather, uniform, underpaid.
Consistently Efficient Work
Certified Technician (Current Employee) –  Ellicott City, MDAugust 9, 2016
Before I started working here I knew nothing about cars, but everyone there taught me alot so now I study cars in my spare time after work.
quick lube work.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 9, 2016
extremely busy company well known product. sales based must be able to keep average ticket throughout day. great way to learn how to take care of your vehicle.
Not good team
Technician (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 5, 2016
A very fast paced, team oriented job. Unfortunately, the team does not play well together, and management allows this. Easy training, but no room for advancement. Good job to get to know basic maintenance on cars.
Pros
store discount
Cons
No breaks.
great work environment
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 5, 2016
I enjoyed working at Valvoline it was a great work environment. The other employees where friendly it was like one big family.
Pros
excellent advancement oppurtunities
Best job/career with no college education
SCM/ASCM/CSR (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYAugust 5, 2016
This job is amazing! They train you to do everything. The environment is and benefits are incredible, They promote from within and have a great balance of work/vacation time.
Pros
benefits, environment, paid vacation
Cons
extreme temps

Valvoline Instant Oil Change Reviews by Location