Valvoline Instant Oil Change

Valvoline Instant Oil Change United States Employee Reviews

I like a job where I am going to stay busy
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), lexington kyApril 18, 2015
I work in a fast paced and high stress environment. I have been employed there for four years this June and have been a member of management since my first year there. The hardest part of my job is trying to be everywhere at once. The most enjoyable is being able to talk to new people everyday.
Fast Paced, Critical Thinking Environment
Senior Technician (Current Employee), AnnapolisApril 17, 2015
Work is consistently busy.
I've learned a ton about cars, how they work, people and how they work and how to manipulate tools.
Management is normally peers: not over-bearing.
Co workers are supportive and want to learn as much as you do. The hardest part of the job is dealing with customers' issues.
The most enjoyable part is that feeling you get when a customer tells you how great they car runs because of service you have done.
Lackadaisacal work.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Hernando, MSApril 2, 2015
Pros: Had an hour lunch.
Cons: Boring.
Wasn't really exciting. The job payed well but not very entertaining. Much older crowd. Hardest part was working with a lot of women. Most enjoyable was our funny, loving boss.
Nice working enviorment
Certified Technician (Former Employee), Great Neck, NYMarch 26, 2015
Open and closed store operations though out the week. Help diagnose peoples car throughout the day to solve their automotive issues. Interact with different people on a daily basis
It's a franchise so there's that
Repair Shop Manager (Former Employee), Buffalo NYMarch 20, 2015
Pros: great employees
Cons: no exceptions made for locations with differing needs
The franchise I worked for, Buffalo Lube Associates, was poorly run. The premise of the franchise for Valvoline Instant Oil Change is great and if run properly, can be a great opportunity for someone looking to get into auto mechanics
positive work place
CSR/Cashier (Former Employee), Yuma, AZMarch 20, 2015
Pros: sundays off
over all an excellent learning experience and something good and needed on a resume. always fun place but when it comes to our costumers... there our first priority.
Long hours, understaffed
Asst. Manager (Current Employee), Louisville, kyMarch 19, 2015
Very long hours, in an understaffed environment. You will be told that it is not a sales job, (because commission is not payed), but it very much is a sales job.
Technician
Technician (Former Employee), Lake Forest, CAMarch 17, 2015
you learn how to perform services that you can personally do on your own vehicle. Co-workers were fun and edgy at times. Hardest part would be changing belts and working in the hot weather. Most enjoyable part would be the fun atmosphere, the joking around to make the long days go by smoother. Would recommend as a part time or temporary position its not somewhere you want to stay forever or can make a career out of. but it was a great experience and i learned alot from it.
fun workplace
Technician (Current Employee), Cleveland, TNMarch 16, 2015
Pros: fast pace
Cons: low pay
fun work place great environment fast pace
great atmosphere
amazing management
fun learning experience
pay is bad for the work you do we spend hours standing and working on cars and only make 9.00 a hour horribly low pay
Fast paced, and fun learning enviroment
Senior Technician/Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Mt. Juliet, TNMarch 4, 2015
Pros: health care, hours
I loved the people I worked with, and they were always willing to help. I was always learning something new. My manager was very understanding. The company was willing to work with you on anything, and always had your back.
Good Company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 27, 2015
This company is wonderful to work for. They really take care of their employees. They want to see everyone exceed and move up the ladder.
Fun and fast paced
Certified Automotive Technician (Current Employee), Medina, OHFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: freindly customers and staff
Cons: fluctuating work schedule
Provide excellent customer service and educate customers on their vehicle. Preform money transactions. Put away orders. Preform routine maintenance on vehicles. Clean and restock shop.
Oil Change Industry just not my thing.
Senior Service Center Technician (Former Employee), Mount Juliet, TNFebruary 25, 2015
I worked for VIOC for a few years. They seem to focus more on money than employees being part of the actual team. Not my most favorite job.
Service Technician (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCFebruary 23, 2015
I changed oil, filters, tune-ups, and just all your basic mechanical work. Management and co-workers were nice and helpful. It was a good place to work and learned new mechanical stuff broadened my knowledge some more.
Waste of 3 yrs
Technician (Former Employee), Mankato, MNFebruary 23, 2015
The only way to advance is if you are a great salesmen. Everyone else is treated like trash. It is very much a "good old boys" network of people.
great company
customer service representative (Former Employee), Roanoke Rapids, NCFebruary 14, 2015
wanted to work for goodyear years ago, finally got the job and few months after being their i got hurt on the job. but over all i would recommend them
Money hungry
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Metro east,ILFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: decent hours benefits
Cons: snot nose suck ups
Started in 2002 left 2009 as a assistant manager was a good place and company to work for til 07 then they got money hungry car count average ticket etc......then they started hiring people off the streets to be a store manager lot of us assistant managers got passed over including me and we trained these people. Then you had area managers in their mid 20's so definitely a power trip so i left ! This was in the st.Louis area region 5
Secure company with plenty of room for growth.
Service Center Manager (Current Employee), New YorkFebruary 8, 2015
Huge franchise with great growth opportunities and provides a good place to learn skills that you can carry into your personal life (i.e.: vehicle maintenance, employee growth/management, and customer relation skills.)
miss managed
tech (Former Employee), lusby mdFebruary 5, 2015
nice co-workers. but missed managed at store and corporate level .good training at self level about car maintenance. work was quick paced some times but ok. pay was not appropriate for the amount of work you did as a tech.
fun place to work
Senior Technician / New York State Inspector (Former Employee), Rochester, NYFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: fun atmosphere
Cons: you can sell the most in your store and still make as much as the guy who does the least in sales
fast paced work environment, they teach you all you need to know although prior knowledge in cars or selling is a plus. each store is very competitive between another in sales and volume of cars. high sales for car services but it is not a commission based so don't expect a increase or piece of the services you sell. but the team atmosphere is great and everyone truly does work together keeping it fun most of the time

1 2 3 4 5

About Valvoline Instant Oil Change

Valvoline Instant Oil Change (VIOC) is a business unit of Ashland Inc, a specialty chemical company. VIOC was created by the – Read more

Valvoline Instant Oil Change Salaries