Valvoline Instant Oil Change Employee Reviews

Fast pace stressful but rewarding
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORSeptember 20, 2017
I believe the management locations I was in was decent at best. The very fast pace stressful work environment on a busy day but on a slow day it's very relaxing and not much going on besides cleaning overall it's a pretty good place to work
fun workplace
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHSeptember 19, 2017
love the job. some days were crazy but then some days were slow. management was very helpful through training. work like a team and family. You can easily move up in the company.
Pros
everything
fun work environment
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Willmar, MNSeptember 19, 2017
Fun environment, fun people and manager. Laid back work environment. Hardest part of the job is making sure you properly read the specs for the vehicle.
Good place to work and learn about cars.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 18, 2017
Valvoline was the longest job I ever had I worked there for many years it was a great experience I would recommend Jiffy lube or Valvoline to anyone looking for knowledge about cars and looking for a great job. I enjoyed myself working on cars best experience is hands on.
Pros
Great discounts company outings trips to six flags.
Cons
Barely got a full lunch break.
great
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 18, 2017
great place to to work great benefits great learning experice
great to meet new people. great job security. no experience needed to start you are tought everything
Fantastic Starter Job
Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 15, 2017
I will forever be grateful for my tenure at Valvoline; it got my foot in the door in the automotive industry, but as I grew my skills I needed to be compensated as such, and VIOC was great starting out, but I just needed something with a bit more income. Otherwise they treated me very well for the four years I worked for them.
Pros
Fast paced, great benefits, busy
Cons
Pay
Awesome Work Environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioSeptember 15, 2017
It can get hectic when the cars start coming all at the same time, but it's easy, fun work. Your coworkers are like family, even the upper management isn't afraid to get their hands dirty and get under a hood. They work with your schedule to make sure you get your hours and the days off you need. Awesome benefits, and very clear cut "ladder" to climb. You get exactly what you put in this job.

Amazing company to work for, wish I didn't have to leave.
Pros
Great benefits, great management, easy promotions
Cons
HOT in summer, COLD in winter
good company
Assistant Manager/Oil Technician (Former Employee) –  Somerville, MASeptember 13, 2017
first you open the shop make sure all employees know where they work for the day next start with customer service on our customers and all preventive check and show part to customer explain what the do and if its need that was cool part of job using my skills and inaction with customers I enjoy hard part of job is getting dirty but that what you do if your an mechanic and enjoyable part of job seeing the same customers coming back
Pros
good company
Cons
no overtime
Great Company with Advancement opprotunities
Service Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYSeptember 12, 2017
Fun fast paced work environment. Its all hands on deck and everybody works together to ensure that vehicles are getting done on time. Tons of opportunity for advancement. Would highly recommend Valvoline to someone looking for a career.
Okay, but stressful.
Senior Technician (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 10, 2017
I loved working here. I stayed so long mostly because I got along with the management and I enjoyed my coworkers. However, I am a full time student, and the company expected far too much out of me even though I told them several times that my focus would be on school. It became highly stressful and I felt mistreated. However, learning about how to work on cars and about how to be better at customer service was a huge plus.
Pros
Discounts, fast paced, hour breaks, good pay
Cons
Stressful, too fast paced
Quality is based on ownership
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WISeptember 9, 2017
We had a cheap owner the store was clean and organized due to great store manager. we worked hard and people got what the paid for no scams but if the owners are like most they push selling like crazy but don't pay properly. like 1.5% on dollar if they don't fudge numbers. We found out several times people didn't get paid commissions for really big tickets.
Fast paced
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Walpole, MASeptember 9, 2017
Would clock in either take over as CSR or a Technician, or assume Manager on Duty position. Either change oil or offer services as well as perform preventative maintenance on vehicles. Job was fast paced.
Hard working place fast paced
Lead Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 8, 2017
Employees were underpaid for their hardwork. Hot down their in the pit no fans lost about 10+ pounds and no a single care. Employees were cool and manager would work with schedule.
Experience Dependent on Management
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYSeptember 8, 2017
There are companies that pay much better for lateral positions in the industry. Also, in certain markets management will make or break your experience at the store level and I personally witnessed lack of accountability in higher management positions in problems relating to personal conduct.
Pros
Learn a lot, fast- paced, fun work if you love cars
Cons
Poor management, should pay better
petty pay
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYSeptember 8, 2017
only thing i have against them is way too much work for little pay… you have to train all the time and do all your work on top of the training and still get the same little petty pay.
Pros
its a job
Cons
if its slow they send you home
young mans job
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CASeptember 7, 2017
who ever thought doing 15 minute oil changes is crazy. there will be times its slow so slow you will be sent home early. other times its so crazy there is no time for rest.
Cons
not for everyone
Management is terrible at the Nicholasville Rd.
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 6, 2017
The manager is never around and always reaped the benefits of everyones hard work. The work is hard and they push for sales. Some of the team is really cool, but assistants put all the work off on others and don't share the load. Poor leadership.
Good first job
Certified Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 5, 2017
If you're looking to get your foot in the door in either the auto industry or customer service industry, this is a good start. You have on the job training where senior technicians or above will train you step by step on how the oil change process works through an organized showcase. You don't have to have prior Knowledge just a hard will to learn.
Pros
schedule flexibility, daily routine
Cons
no specific positions, always short staffed
Very poor managment
Certified Technician (Former Employee) –  Geneva, NYSeptember 5, 2017
Enjoyed the job very much however stress from poor management made it difficult most days. Very unorganized and slow most days. Possibility of shutting this location down within the year.
Pros
Enjoyed working on vehicles
Cons
Very poor management
The company sucks.
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXSeptember 5, 2017
The company is trash. You have to kiss butt to move up. There was blatant inappropriate conversations between managers and employees and then mysteriously those employees get promoted without being able to perform the positions duties without someone holding their hands. Racial and religious discrimination....I can go on.
Pros

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valvoline Instant Oil Change. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval