Valvoline Instant Oil Change Employee Reviews

Dump
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYSeptember 27, 2017
wasted a year training to go ABSOLUTELY NO WHERE WITH MY CAREER. management is undertrained, the way they want things done is completely unorthodox and unorganized.
Good Experience
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  La Plata, MDSeptember 26, 2017
Valvoline Instant Oil Change was my first automotive job, they taught me how to do all of the basic services to a vehicle, such as tire rotation, coolant flush, and of course an oil change. management was okay, in my couple months there I had 2 managers and they were good people
good place to work
Sr. Technician (Former Employee) –  West Hollywood, CASeptember 25, 2017
having our daily morning meeting, great things to learn and to move up. Easy and fast past environment hustler place and pushing ourselves to hit our good numbers.
Pros
teaching each other to prof ourselves
Cons
slow days
Poor Management
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYSeptember 25, 2017
Area and Market managers are not involved. They lie about where they are instead of actually supporting the store staff. They will falsify paperwork to fit what they need and want.
Great management and company to work for.
Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 24, 2017
The management is great and corporate takes good care of their employees. The benefits we receive are amazing and for a really cheap price from our paychecks.
Vioc
Service Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 24, 2017
VIOC is a fast paced environment that allows you to advance pretty quickly while having fun. VIOC also offers a competitive pay and great healthcare benefits that I didn't receive anywhere else.
Pros
Quick advancement, friendly but professional atmosphere and good breaks.
Cons
Standing all day
Fun and Fast Paced
Senior Technician (Current Employee) –  Ocoee, FLSeptember 22, 2017
The shop is fun environment to practice my sales and customer service skills with people from all over the country. My experience there is great and I will recommend the job but not as a long term.
Stressful, competitive environment, lack of sanitation lower bay
Technician (Current Employee) –  Madera, CASeptember 21, 2017
Not enough hours for a family man or woman good for a high school student or college student, no set schedule and managementis too strict, a lot of pressure on new employees., very rude took my resume to a valvoline location and every valvoline employee took a look at my resume completely unacceptable and my privacy was stained.
Productive & fun inviroment
Auto Technician (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLSeptember 21, 2017
Great management! Productive, fun, fast paced learning environment. Would work, & recommend. Provide great customer service, and knowledge about parts to customers.
Fast pace stressful but rewarding
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORSeptember 20, 2017
I believe the management locations I was in was decent at best. The very fast pace stressful work environment on a busy day but on a slow day it's very relaxing and not much going on besides cleaning overall it's a pretty good place to work
fun workplace
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHSeptember 19, 2017
love the job. some days were crazy but then some days were slow. management was very helpful through training. work like a team and family. You can easily move up in the company.
Pros
everything
fun work environment
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Willmar, MNSeptember 19, 2017
Fun environment, fun people and manager. Laid back work environment. Hardest part of the job is making sure you properly read the specs for the vehicle.
Good place to work and learn about cars.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 18, 2017
Valvoline was the longest job I ever had I worked there for many years it was a great experience I would recommend Jiffy lube or Valvoline to anyone looking for knowledge about cars and looking for a great job. I enjoyed myself working on cars best experience is hands on.
Pros
Great discounts company outings trips to six flags.
Cons
Barely got a full lunch break.
great
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 18, 2017
great place to to work great benefits great learning experice
great to meet new people. great job security. no experience needed to start you are tought everything
Fantastic Starter Job
Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 15, 2017
I will forever be grateful for my tenure at Valvoline; it got my foot in the door in the automotive industry, but as I grew my skills I needed to be compensated as such, and VIOC was great starting out, but I just needed something with a bit more income. Otherwise they treated me very well for the four years I worked for them.
Pros
Fast paced, great benefits, busy
Cons
Pay
Awesome Work Environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioSeptember 15, 2017
It can get hectic when the cars start coming all at the same time, but it's easy, fun work. Your coworkers are like family, even the upper management isn't afraid to get their hands dirty and get under a hood. They work with your schedule to make sure you get your hours and the days off you need. Awesome benefits, and very clear cut "ladder" to climb. You get exactly what you put in this job.

Amazing company to work for, wish I didn't have to leave.
Pros
Great benefits, great management, easy promotions
Cons
HOT in summer, COLD in winter
good company
Assistant Manager/Oil Technician (Former Employee) –  Somerville, MASeptember 13, 2017
first you open the shop make sure all employees know where they work for the day next start with customer service on our customers and all preventive check and show part to customer explain what the do and if its need that was cool part of job using my skills and inaction with customers I enjoy hard part of job is getting dirty but that what you do if your an mechanic and enjoyable part of job seeing the same customers coming back
Pros
good company
Cons
no overtime
Great Company with Advancement opprotunities
Service Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYSeptember 12, 2017
Fun fast paced work environment. Its all hands on deck and everybody works together to ensure that vehicles are getting done on time. Tons of opportunity for advancement. Would highly recommend Valvoline to someone looking for a career.
Okay, but stressful.
Senior Technician (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 10, 2017
I loved working here. I stayed so long mostly because I got along with the management and I enjoyed my coworkers. However, I am a full time student, and the company expected far too much out of me even though I told them several times that my focus would be on school. It became highly stressful and I felt mistreated. However, learning about how to work on cars and about how to be better at customer service was a huge plus.
Pros
Discounts, fast paced, hour breaks, good pay
Cons
Stressful, too fast paced
Quality is based on ownership
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WISeptember 9, 2017
We had a cheap owner the store was clean and organized due to great store manager. we worked hard and people got what the paid for no scams but if the owners are like most they push selling like crazy but don't pay properly. like 1.5% on dollar if they don't fudge numbers. We found out several times people didn't get paid commissions for really big tickets.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valvoline Instant Oil Change. Our community is ready to answer.