Valvoline Instant Oil Change

Valvoline Instant Oil Change Employee Reviews

Fun Work Enviroment With Great Coworkers
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Danielson, CTDecember 5, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed working for this company. My coworkers were easy get along with, my manager was good at his job and the work days always went by quickly due to always staying busy. Working on automobiles and getting to spend time among others with great personalities really helped me to look forward to coming into work everyday.
Pros
Busy. Good Team. Good Management
Cons
Lack of Advancment
Absolute best place to work on cars everyday.
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHDecember 4, 2016
They have the best hands on training and computer training that is available. If you love working on cars and customer service then this job is for you. Loved working there.
Pros
Good training platform.
Cons
manager could've been better as well as upper managment.
certified technician (Former Employee) –  Madison, INDecember 1, 2016
the people i worked with were great, the management however was not. no set schedule, so it makes it hard to know which days off you will have and which days you won't since the schedule is could have you working one day of the next and working for 6 or 7 straight.
Pros
nice people
Cons
management. hard to move up
Poor hours and training
Certified Technician (Former Employee) –  Savage, MNNovember 29, 2016
Many times I was "supposed" to go in for a last test so that I could become a senior tech. My manager refused to send me for 4 months
Pros
Fun
Great team
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 29, 2016
This is a sales job that you get to learn about how to work on vehicles. Most the customers are great and the store atmosphere among the employees its like a second family. There's no limit to how ever high to want to advance in the company and you have a great deal of support from your team.
Pros
Pay benifits advancement
Cons
You get dirty
Best job i ever had
Technician (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYNovember 25, 2016
I loved this job, Its very team based and a fun competitive and exciting experience. The only bad thing i could say about Valvoline was how dirty you got, every night i had to have a complete shower down.
Pros
great co workers, awesome management
Cons
you get really dirty
great
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 23, 2016
It is a great place to work very friendly people. They have taught me alot and i love and appreciate everyone that works there. they taught me a lot of new life skills
Fun workplace
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint Clair Shores, MINovember 23, 2016
A typical day at work flies by because we're busy. I've learned the fundamentals of the automotive system due to the training process. My co-workers are friendly just as well as the customers.
Fast paced
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYNovember 19, 2016
Working as part of a team in a fast paced environment. Thinking outside the box and performing in high stress situations. Maintaining store cleanliness. Checking and performing services on all years, makes and models of vehicles.
Productive fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cahokia, ILNovember 15, 2016
Great for career opportunity. Fast paced environment. Customer service skills are a must. Excellent training opportunities. ASE certification and advancement.
Like the company, hate the manager.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 15, 2016
Do not work at the marina del Rey location. That place has the worst manager ever. He doesn't give any credit to his employees. He doesn't make good decisions at the workplace, he gives lame excuses, and micromanaged everything. You think that if he has been stuck at the company in the same position for 15 years he would have figured out he was probably doing something wrong by now, he hasn't.
Fun workplace
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Allston, MANovember 13, 2016
Valvoline is one of many places where the opportunity to grow means everything. Starting from the bottom and working your way up, you have people believing in you the entire way. Some will neglect you on your path to success and fail to push you forwards and some won't.
Very fun and good enviroment
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Sharonville, OHNovember 13, 2016
Loved every minute of working for this great company! The hours were flexible and the work was fun. I never had a problem with management or anyone I worked with. They train you well and they show they want you to succeed.
Pros
Ability to work towards promotions. Great company and management.
Cons
Sometimes had to work 12 hours days but it really wasnt that bad
Great place to work! Friendly work culture.
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 10, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed my time @ VIOC. I would recommend to anyone wanting a career with a stable company. Management does a good job taking care of employees.
Pros
Family type work culture
Cons
Heat during summer months
Horribly managed.
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Versailles, KYNovember 9, 2016
I was beyond relieved to leave the company. I worked for the company for over a year. I was able to work my way into management in less than two months. Towards the end of my employment I had grown to hate the repetitive nature of the job and the structure of the management.
Fast-paced, encouraging environment
Senior technician (Current Employee) –  Dover, DENovember 9, 2016
I love working at valvoline. I enjoy the company of my coworkers and working on automobiles. It's a fast-paced work environment, with encouragement to advance.
Cons
Work is too repetitive. There's not enough diversity in services.
All work no life
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dickson, TNNovember 8, 2016
dealing with upper management was a issue
I worked open to close 6 days a week for four months short handed due to no one helping out with hiring
loved my co-workers
I love working with cars and people
I learned how to manage not just one but two stores and make them successful
Pros
bonus structure
Cons
negativity from upper management
Its a job
Certified Technician (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHNovember 7, 2016
Co workers are good, Manger is horrible. Pay is good but good luck trying to schedule your vacation hours or just trying to request a day off. It's relatively hard to get fired so once you are fully certified there is definitely job security. But beware that it's hard to balance work and home life due to the biggest statement ""that sounds like a personal problem" and "well figure it out"

Customers will treat you like you are trying to take advantage of the. Or that you are lying every step of the way during the oil change process.
The team and overall atmosphere seems better as long as the store Manger isn't there. And if you do something to anger said Manger expect the pettiness of a high schooler.
IF they want you to quit but have no reason to fire expect to either work everyday for an undetermined amount of time or not to get any hours at all.
Pros
Decent pay, job security, certain holidays off
Cons
Management, no guaranteed breaks
Dirty work environment with poor staff service
Oil Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCNovember 5, 2016
Valvoline seemed like a great place to work until the realization that I was just a pawn to the manager and didn't feel like part of anything. I felt like the bottom of the chain and not part of a team. I was not treated with respect or shown much kindness or given room for much error. I learned how to change oil. The management is not very good. The hardest part of the job was getting yelled at when a small mistake was made. Valvoline also will try to sell you services on your car that are not necessary.
Cons
short breaks, long shifts, unfit management.
Loved them but no job security
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MINovember 4, 2016
I really enjoyed working there it wasn't like i had much to do, it was one of my favorite jobs. But would go back if i ever had to as a manager of course.
Pros
Offered benefits, great work staff, family like.
Cons
Pay rate, job security, weather problems.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valvoline Instant Oil Change. Our community is ready to answer.