Valvoline Instant Oil Change

Valvoline Instant Oil Change United States Employee Reviews

Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Jenison, MIFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: could be outside, had a set schedule, vacation time, 401k, health insurance
Cons: manager didn't do a lot of work most of the time, long hours
I would guide the customers into the bay, and then walk up them. Welcome them to Valvoline, and then ask what I could help them with, then I would take the information to the computer, and put it in. I would then go over and talk to them about what they needed done on their vehicle. It was a good place to work, I left there because my baby sitter could no longer work for us, so I had to go to a job where I worked nights. I knew how to check the stuff on the top side of a vehicle but I did not work the bottom side of them.
Poor place to work
Service Center Manager (Store Manager) (Former Employee), Dunkirk, NYFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: discount on vehicle services
Cons: poor management, unreasonable goals and sales pressure, poor scheduling, high turn over, short staffing, unethical business practices
High Sales Pressure
Short Staffed
High turn overrate
Poor Scheduling of Employees
Manager does all paper work, ordering, hiring, training, disciplining, as well is expected to work on vehicles through out the day, fix anything that falls into disrepair. Be a general handy man, paint, clean, sweep, and mow the lawns. Worked 6 days a week from before open till after close. Bonus criteria was almost achievable. Would find any reason at all not to give bonuses or raises to managers or employees; even if previously promised.
Fun hands on Job
Senior technician (Former Employee), Inver Grove HeightsJanuary 29, 2015
I liked working with customers face to face, and I took great joy in training new employees
Great group of guys and nice atmosphere
Certified Technician (Current Employee), Glen Carbon, ILJanuary 23, 2015
Every morning I open I get the bottom side of the service center set up and ready to work. I then go upstairs and make sure all the machines are filled and in working order. I then do a safety walk to make sure everything is organised and safe. At this job I have learned a lot about the dos and don'ts of how to do things on cars. This could be from radiator flushes to front or rear differential fluid changes. The management and crew I work with on a daily basis is great. I really enjoy coming to work and working with these people. The hardest part of my job is when we have to do something challenging, but may not have a lot of time to spend on it. It can get pretty frantic sometimes, but it really teaches you how to think on your feet and prioritize your time.
okay place
Senior Technician (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Typical day at work is doing oil changes. If it's slow then your not doing anything but cleaning or working on your book. I feel that you are under paid for the type of job it is. Sometimes there is not enough staffing and people get moved around a lot.
Great place to start your automotive career.
Oil Lube Technician/Emissions Inspector (Former Employee), Asheville, NCJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule.
Cons: did not offer benefits.
If your just starting out, this would be the job for you. Working as a team was essential part of how this company worked. It was a fun atmosphere to work in.
Good upper management
SALES REP (Former Employee), Flagstaff, AZJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: sparkletts water, lots of down time, challenging
Cons: work outside in cold temperatures, no healthcare
Was told upon being hired as a sales rep that my extreme lack of knowledge about cars would not be an issue. This was not so! I came to the job never having looked under a hood of a car. I was made to be the laughing stock of an entirely male shop. Management is very good, was always friendly and tried to make me feel comfortable for the most part. Most of my co-workers belittled and berated me. I learned to try my hardest regardless of how people treat me. I ended up being employee of the month and consistently having superior sales numbers every month. I loved learning a new skill-set and enjoyed talking with customers and giving them honest advice.
fun for young people
good company
safe place to work
room to move up
Great Company
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Livonia, MIJanuary 14, 2015
VIOC is a great company for anyone looking for a career in management. Company has great benefits, career advancement, and a great job culture.
learned many useful management skills
Business intern (Former Employee), Hernando,MSJanuary 13, 2015
learned a lot about how to handle certain situations with employees and how to make a work environment more productive and efficient. Focused primarily on identifying problems and providing solutions.
A laid back environment but sometimes to laid back
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee), Lansing, MIJanuary 7, 2015
Cons: poor politics, lack of understanding for medical related absence, poor work ethic among management
Far to often a few got stuck with the work load of many. Harassment issues were ignored. Poor work ethic among management drags the rest of your team down. Throughout my certification process it took longer than it ever should due to poor management.
Valvoline was a great palceto start!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tilton, NHDecember 23, 2014
Pros: great staff, excellent knowledge to be had.
Cons: had to work through rain, sleet, or snow.
Valvoline was the place that taught me all about the business of sales! They took me in, some poor schlub off the street, and turned me into a lean green car fixing/ salesman machine! I learned so much valuable inforation about how to sell things to people that wouild benefit them, as well as projecting what kind of problemns would arise and how to prevent them in the future! A huge building block in how I approach my life nowadays.
Horrible
Senor Technician (Current Employee), Brookline, MADecember 15, 2014
Pros: slow days
Cons: short breaks
Incredibly hard to advance
Raises are impossible to get
Ask for the most for little to no money
Its a good job
Certified Technician (Current Employee), Salem, VADecember 12, 2014
Pros: training
Cons: training is not consistant
Its a good job for a certain type of person. If there were a proper type of management it would be ten times better than what it is now
fun place to work and people are fun to work with
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Flint, MIDecember 3, 2014
performed oil changes, ordered products for the service center, and created weekly schedules

learned how to do many services: radiator flush, transmission flush, fuel filters, and a/c recharges

co-workers are a close knit group of people

learning the processes were the hardest part

most enjoyable was talking to the customers
regular day
General Laborer (Former Employee), hernando msDecember 2, 2014
Pros: close to my home
Cons: sometimes it was confusing
you would go in clock in find your lead and find out where you would be working that day. then you would goes as a group to that area.
Teamwork
Area Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 28, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: favortism
Great place to work as an Area Manager once you establish a good team. It took me close to a year working long hours but once I trained everyone. Life was great. I won many awards and took care of the people that worked with me and for me.
productive, and good place to work at.
Lube and Tire Technician (Former Employee), Guilford, CTNovember 23, 2014
Pros: decent pay increases
Cons: all the dirt that comes off of you when you get home to shower.
typical day at work, consist of servicing the customers to the best of our ability, I learned a few things about servicing cars while employed there, and the co-workers had a good chemistry dealing with on another.
Nothing out of the ordinary
Senior Technician (Current Employee), East Hanover, NJNovember 17, 2014
No place for advancement if your not going to work obsessively hard
Poor management
Service Technician (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXNovember 12, 2014
My coworkers were all right but management was tough to get along with.

About Valvoline Instant Oil Change

Valvoline Instant Oil Change (VIOC) is a business unit of Ashland Inc, a specialty chemical company. VIOC was created by the – Read more

Valvoline Instant Oil Change Salaries