Valvoline Instant Oil Change Employee Reviews

Time Managed
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 15, 2017
 Ensure excellent customer service.
Maintain vehicle service records.
 Schedule and service all vehicles make and models.
Test vehicle safety before and after repairs.
 Diagnose vehicle mechanical issues.
Perform oil changes, belts, tire a rotation, fluid flushes etc.
 Delegate orders.
Ensure proper training for new hires are completed monthly.
Open/ Close service center, maintain cleanliness/ daily update of safety regulations and procedures.
Job is difficult for most but if have good crew its easy and fun
SERVICE CENTER MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYMay 15, 2017
There are many opportunities for advancement and making more money. Your advancement is solely based on your motivation and skills at the job. Promotions almost always come from within, Being a manager the job was much more than changing oil and servicing vehicles. It became more about people and the relations between employees and customers. Certain Service Center Managers make the job great and others fail at it. The same goes for the Area and Market Managers.
Amazing enviornment
Topside Tech (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 15, 2017
There is a special type of precision to the work at Valvoline. We take our positions very seriously, knowing every move we make effects the customers transportation. A fast paced environment, but at the same time a smooth environment. everyone understands their role and performs it accordingly. A wonderful place to start a career in automotive
Pros
Great dicounts toward vehicle maintance
Cons
no food
Best place i ever worked
Certified Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSMay 14, 2017
Management was amazing, they invested tons of time and money into us. plenty of opportunity for advancement. I would go back if they hired in managers which is rare.
Pros
guaranteed 35 hours a week
Cons
safety rules are strict
good experience
Senior Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNMay 14, 2017
Working at valvoline instant oil change was a good experience. The only reason i left was because of my school schedule. The manager were great leaders and the customers were polite people.
Excellent place to work in the Automotive Industry
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 14, 2017
I highly encourage anyone with an interest in this industry to pursue working for this company. The people, the culture, the willingness to win, all make it a great place to work
Fun Place to work
Asst. Manager (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 13, 2017
I started working at valvoline in 2015 and advanced my way up to assitant manager, I will say this the company is great to work for but, there are alot of different managing styles out there. It can be hard to be compatible with every manager.
Good place to work but not much of advancement
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CaliforniaMay 13, 2017
Great team and easy job. You will get to learn about different type of vehicles and how to work on them. The most enjoyable part of the job is being a part of the team and being treated like family. However, there are almost no room for advancement.
Wonderful growth opportunities
Service Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Hesperia, CAMay 13, 2017
Valvoline instant oil change is a wonderful company to work for and offers all of their employees growth opportunities and insurance opportunities. By far the best company I've ever worked for.
Good time working.
Oil Technician (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 12, 2017
All I can think about was how well I was accepted here. Friendly guys with good mechanical knowledge. They like to do quality work and quite frankly I wish I had stuck around a little while longer. Excellent management.
Fun and fast paced. Always the possibility of promotion.
Certified Technician (Former Employee) –  Derry, NHMay 12, 2017
Every day brought something new. I liked that I was constantly learning new things. The shop where I worked was great. We all worked as a team to continuously improve and hit our sales goals. The hardest part for me was being put on the spot to present information almost too robotic. I loved talking and communicating with the customers though.
Pros
Always doing classroom training with employees, the benefits, and the ability to work your way up in the company.
Cons
Long days with only one day off most of the time, In order to advance you have to fill all the roles.
top 10 places to work
Certified Technician (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, MIMay 12, 2017
Great place to start in the automotive industry. Excellent introduction and will help further knowledge of vehicles as well as maintenance. i would recommend giving it a try
Pros
great people good hours
Cons
work in the cold or heat. got burned a few times
Very poor management
Certified Technician (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIMay 12, 2017
I was discriminated against because I am female. When I tried to report it, I got fired. Otherwise, the job is pretty basic. I learned basic car car and they teach you everything you need to know.
Pros
paid holidays, benefits
Cons
dirty work, man culture
Good times with some frustration
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, TNMay 11, 2017
To get promoted there you must complete the training that they provide. This is actually fun. The frustration is that the managers must move around a lot in order to get those promotions. That really sucks because you start moving within a year if you put in effort to get promoted. The climate of Valvoline is very fun and active atmosphere.
Pros
Lots of fun and great information. Advancement is possible if you are willing to move.
Cons
Very little pay and no benefits unless you basically want to work for free.
Technicians
Certified Technician (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 10, 2017
Reason for leaving this job because of the bad management. Always under staff and out of stock of products. Management wanted us to lie to customers about added wrong oil and filters because they were not in stock but wanted to sale the product.
Great place to experience
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Elsinore, CAMay 10, 2017
Fast pace environment that allows you to home your skills on vehicles but most importantly customer service. The culture of the company is for employees to be first which helps the retention
Great place to learn and grow
Lube tech (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMay 9, 2017
Fresh out of auto school or getting ready to start. VIOC is a great place to gain beginner knowledge to propel you to the next level. Managers and owner are more than willing to help you learn and move up in the company.
Pros
Family
Cons
long hours outside
Worked for 2 years for the company
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  FLorence,ORMay 9, 2017
VIOC was a great company to work for they offered many benefits as well as a lot of advancement opportunities. My manager and area manager were both very fair and great people to work with. Everyday the work you did was slightly different sometimes it was slow and didn't do a whole lot of oil changes so we would work on certifications so we could move up in the company we mainly changed oil but we did get a great chance to meet a lot of wonderful residence that came through on a daily basis. management in my opinion was the hardest part of my job considering every employee was different. You had to talk to each person in a different manner and adjust for each individual. Also when a non agreeable customer came through just trying to make sure that they left happy. Most days were an enjoyable experience best part was just getting top know so many different people everyday and always learning something new everyday.
Pros
Full hours, fair work schedule, Bonus opportunities
Cons
slow maintanance crew
Fast paced entry level automotive maintenance
Service Center Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAMay 7, 2017
Work was very fast paced and there was usually always a job to be done. I learned several cleaning procedures as well as tool management. Management was very kind and clear about what was expected for the job. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customer complaints. The most enjoyable part was that most tasks were easy to complete.
Pros
Custodial experience
Productive and fun workplace
Topside technician (Current Employee) –  Allston, MAMay 7, 2017
Excellent work place to work and learn experience. Also have good benefits offer us in health, dental, eye vision insurance provide to us. Great place to work for and learn automotive experience.
Pros
Lunch provide yourself
Cons
Break for 30 minutes good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valvoline Instant Oil Change. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval