Valvoline Instant Oil Change

Valvoline Instant Oil Change Employee Reviews

Expect perfection with little compensation.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Zeeland, MIJuly 14, 2016
Employer will expect perfection on every car you touch all the while paying less than McDonald's does to flip a burger. You're expected to care for the second largest investment people have in their lives on minimum wage all the while having to navigate the extreme political and favoritism environment management cerates.
Pros
benefits package
Cons
Lack of moral fiber
Very fun place to work, very productive as well.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNJanuary 16, 2017
Very hard working employees, everyone has an work first play later type of an attitude. Things get done pretty fast. No drama no complaints. Great customer service.
Great Learning Experience
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXJuly 27, 2016
From the day I was hired as an employee to the day that I left employment with Valvoline; I loved the fact that I could assist others with the maintenance of their vehicles to provide overall security for that person. My teammates were great to work with and I wouldn't change anything or take anything away from my wonderful experience.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Fast paced
Tire and Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 16, 2016
I liked working for Valvoline it was a fast paced environment with different jobs to do including belt changing light changing oil changing a.c. refilling transmission and front dif changes and transfer case fluid changes
Hard work, long hours, everyone plays favorites.
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Glen Carbon, ILJuly 13, 2016
I have been working for Valvoline for over a year. I like the job itself, though the "no sitting" rule is ridiculous and working outside year round in long sleeves is terrible. Management will promote their buddies, not the people qualified for the job.
Pros
steady paycheck, management works around your schedule, decent pay
Cons
long hours, weather, favoritism
Good Job
Senior Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 10, 2016
If a person like a fast paced environment this is the place to be. They have ok wages & benefits. Also you can move up really fast depending on you. They don't put a time limit on how fast you move up.
Pros
Great hours & good managment
Cons
Sometimes hot & cold.
Great staff
CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN/CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJanuary 19, 2017
Great place too work great staff, worst part about working there is when it gets cold, and the always have you cleaning none stop. the customers are great
Fun workplace
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint Clair Shores, MINovember 23, 2016
A typical day at work flies by because we're busy. I've learned the fundamentals of the automotive system due to the training process. My co-workers are friendly just as well as the customers.
Dont get your hopes up
Certified Technician (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, OHAugust 25, 2016
When you are hired in you are promised the sky and everything underneath it. There are no real opportunities for improvement and you are unable to obtain any real certifications working here.
Pros
indoor\outdoor work
Cons
Employees, hours, wages, false hopes, advancement
Fast paced, medium difficulty job. Terrible work culture.
Customer Service Role (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHOctober 17, 2016
Usually work 10-12 hour days on your feet. You deal with many customers upset about the prices you charge for an oil change. Change a lot of oil on many cars. Co-workers usually are rude, and degrading towards women. Mostly men, ~23 years of age. The work culture is terrible. Almost everyone you work with smokes, and will smoke by you. The cleanliness of the work environment is horrendous. Trash everywhere, sweaty, unclean clothes everywhere, oil, and other chemicals get all over you from walking in the shop. Working here for over a year really hurts your body, whether it's from working your self too much, eating junk food all day cause that all you can get quick access too, drinking energy drinks, and the physical labor you do. You are guaranteed to get random pains and aches you've never had before after working here for a month.
Pros
Quite a lot of "downtime"
Cons
Stinky, dirty, unclean working conditions. May develop health problems such as arthritis, fungal infections, bacterial infections, ect.
Very enjoyable place to work
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 22, 2016
There was never a complete stillness at work unless you were on break but, I enjoyed staying busy and meeting so many people. I also was able to learn more about how to better service a car as far as changing oil and different components as far as the variety of different vehicles and the makes of the car. Workers were very helpful and patient during my training process.
Pros
Learning the different makes and models of various cars as well as the skill to change oil.
Cons
Working under the cars during the winter and the difficulty of completely cleaning oil from yourself
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Ocoee, FLFebruary 14, 2017
open the store take care of customers in a timely manner change oil and filters . Preventive maintenance service clean service center
Pros
event days
Cons
quick break
valvoline
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAJanuary 24, 2017
everything was great with the job i enjoyed everything from the management to the employees. the workplace culture was everybody looks out for one another
N/a
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 13, 2017
Great company for starting out in the oil change business. Working in the stores is a great experience. Friendly customers and staff. Quick promotions.
Pros
Great low level people
Cons
Ha
Love them.
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Anoka, MNOctober 28, 2016
I loved working for Valvoline, great company. Team based work environment. Not one day did I regret working there. I would definitely recommend employment with them to anyone interested in cars.
Productive fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cahokia, ILNovember 15, 2016
Great for career opportunity. Fast paced environment. Customer service skills are a must. Excellent training opportunities. ASE certification and advancement.
Productive and 15 minute services.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 15, 2016
Valvoline was a fast pace job with plenty to learn day in and day out. Had to work on different type model cars from luxury to your most common vehicle, each vehicle had a different way to be maintenance on such as transmission,radiator,defferentials etc. Always had to be on top of what was going on which was one of my favorite tasks about the job as well as working as a team. When the job was done right and quickly CUSTOMERS satisfaction was always something to embrace and enjoy. Overall all it was a learning process and thats something that will stick with me.
Pros
appreciation lunches
Cons
Short lunches, understaffed, 6 day work schedule, variable shifts
Terrible place to work.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cresaptown-Bel Air, MDFebruary 7, 2017
Too much time at work, too little time at home with family. Owner lives in Michigan and does not care about his employees, just his almighty profits.
Under corporation submission
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CONovember 1, 2016
Do not perform many required checks on basic service as most shops do. Looking to distract customer with more show than go.
Cookie cutter production line service.
Fun work environment
Certified Technician (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 3, 2017
Everyone was always fun to work with. We all worked as a team. We knew exactly what to do and when. It made every process flow wonderfully.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valvoline Instant Oil Change. Our community is ready to answer.

Valvoline Instant Oil Change Reviews by Location