Valvoline Instant Oil Change

Valvoline Instant Oil Change Employee Reviews

2nd job
Oil Changing Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 28, 2016
Not much to say about this one! It was hot! You will get burned by the car and truck motors! Hot oil splashing on you! The pay wasnt that good!
fun working environment
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 12, 2016
change oil on all types of cars and trucks. fun and laid back co-workers at busy shops. i learned how to do sales and how to talk to people.
Just wasn't a good fit
Lube Technician, Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLMay 3, 2016
Learned a lot with this company, however I did not approve of some of the morals it had. Along with my fellow co workers, it just wasn't a good fit and needed to find something different.
Pros
Laid back easygoing workplace
fast paced fun job
certified technician (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILNovember 9, 2014
typically the day is very routine cars pull in and our job is to get everything they need or want done as quickly as possible making as comfortable as possible for them as well. we were all trained very well and it was a team atmosphere. my specific crew was amazing to work with we all got along really well and had a lot of fun together but we also worked together seamlessly
the hardest part of the job for me was the sales aspect of the job and that made it difficult to advance into management and the most enjoyable part of the job was being under the cars doing the "dirty work"
Pros
good experience, fun with co workers, decent benefits
Cons
management and advancement
Work place is awesome coworkers and manager are great, however uppermanagment likes to micromanage far too much and are never consisant
Certified Technician (Current Employee) –  Keene, NHOctober 1, 2015
Love my job other than being micromanaged by upper management.One Week we will be told to do one thin then the next it will change. The building also needs a renovation which we were told would happen months ago until a week ago when they changed their minds and decided the building just needed to be cleaned and not renovated even though we have customers tell us they are worried for our safety due to the condition of he building.
fun place to work
car mechanic (Former Employee) –  OhioJune 22, 2016
Fun place to work but it is fast paced. Must know types of products from work, also require a monthly test to show knowledge.
Laid back workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New YorkApril 24, 2016
was busy most of the time, only slow during bad weather, everyone was like family, good place to work for but not if you wanted to advance
Pros
30 minute lunches, flexible with breaks, paid vacation, paid sick time, flexible on raises
Cons
no room for advancement
Job was good, but unreliable.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAMay 18, 2016
I liked this job but I was not put where I excelled best and the schedule changes would cause me not to have a clue when I was working.
Cons
abrupt schedule changes
Certified Technician
Certified Technician (Current Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHDecember 11, 2015
It is a stable work environment with decent benefits and good customer service. I've learned much more about preventative maintenance for vehicles and how to better serve customer's needs.
Pros
Holiday pay, paid vacation each year
Cons
Sometimes stressful at certain stores, scheduling
Too Slow
Senior technician (Former Employee) –  Faribault, MNMay 21, 2016
It's a great high school Job. It was just too slow for me. Very Pushy on sales, decent training, store management is good but above they they get really overbearing.
poor managment
Technician/Car Inspector (Former Employee) –  Indian Trail, NCMay 19, 2016
Seemed like they had new managers every other week, wasn't in the best location, staff scheduling was also very poor, wasn't a clean work place.
Fun place to work, however some long hours
Senior Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Burton, MIDecember 3, 2013
I am currently a senior technician, continuing training. I have been with the company for 6 months, and I love this job. All of the people I work with are awesome, most of the corporate managers were techs themselves at one point. To date, there was only one manager I didn't care much for. The only couple down sides are the training can be slow at times, due to being a little understaffed and also many hours. This is my third week in a row with 50+ hours, including long days on weekends. However, the potential to move up in the company is there, you just have to be assertive and make an effort. Oh, also, the benefits, such as medical and dental, are awesome as well. Great coverage for a very good price. I would definitely recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
co-workers, benefits, promotion possibilities
Cons
long hours, slow training at times
I loved this place!
Senior Technician/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, NJMay 6, 2016
I love the people! The co-workers are like family, the boss is great!
This place can be very busy but the those days go by fast! Its a great Place!
busy
Certified Technician (Current Employee) –  Elk River, MNDecember 2, 2015
open 8am clean and get things ready for a rush. maybe have 15 cars come in for a service until 1030 its pretty slow. 1100 comes around and you have cars nonstop until about 100 so your running up and down the stairs talking to lots of customers answering phones and calling out the oil filter and air filter for guy downstairs. there is a lot of yelling going on during a rush. every ones doing their call outs for safety and talking to the guy down stairs making sure we are all communicating. 130-400 is pretty slow and we get ready for the next rush. once 400 comes around we are busy until we close at 7pm sometimes we even are still doing cars until 8-830 and then we still have to clean up put stuff away and do cash recon and close up for the night. an average weekday I would say we finally get to change out and leave around 815pm.
Pros
very hands on, can eat when no cars are in the bay
Cons
one 30 minute break. maybe if your not busy
Great staff and Management
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE / TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAApril 5, 2016
Very fast paced and enjoyable work environment. Staff was excellent and supportive at the location I was employed. The store Manager was one of the best I have had the pleasure to work for.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Horrible wages
Hot
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNMarch 28, 2016
way to hot and expected to just deal with being in a hole in the ground with no ventilation. people you work with are ok
district managers are stuck up
store manager is not a good guy
coworkers are great people
Good Place to work but not good for raises or advancement
MANAGER IN TRAINING (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutOctober 20, 2015
Fun place to work. Good for people who are interested in learning about car repair. Good training depending on management. Upper management is the problem no regard for your personal life. They make promises but do not follow through. They are all about numbers and sales.
Pros
Fun work place, good experience in repair, face paced at times.
Cons
Upper management doesn't care, just interested in numbers
Great
money handling, and maintaining mechanic equipment (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOApril 25, 2016
Work was efficient and steady. The management is great and the work is admirable knowing you are leaaning as you go. The culture is great as well
Fast paced work environment
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYOctober 9, 2015
Work at Valvoline was entertaining and very fast. It was always the same thing but my fellow employees always tried to make work fun while following company guidelines. I learned how to be more outgoing with customers and be more comfortable speaking with them. If the management was better, the service center could have been a much better place to work and would have been more profitable.
Valvoline
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 2, 2016
I learned how to manage employees better and how to effectively run the floor and keep business moving. Also learned how to push through a long twelve hour day and still have the energy to give 100% effort to even the last customer of a very long day.

Valvoline Instant Oil Change Reviews by Location