Valvoline Instant Oil Change Employee Reviews

Fast paced environment, lots of turnover
Customer Service Associate/ Certified Technician (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHMay 4, 2017
Great place to work when fully staffed, unfortunately more times than not someone would call off or just not show up. Bust store , must be fully staffed to succeed
oil change
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 3, 2017
they gave me a job to be an CSR , yet somehow i ended up it the pits all day they told me that they would just be teaching me how to do things than id go back to the CSR, however they lied i worked for six months like this !
Fun and educational for beginners
Technician (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNApril 28, 2017
This was a fun job always moving always learning. I got along with everyone but management was never there so it was difficult to bring up issues but besides that it wasn't too bad. Pay wasn't the best but plenty of room to move up.
Pros
Educational, fun
Cons
Management, Pay, hours
good first job
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 26, 2017
good first job or needing something to work around a schedule they will work with anyone and are easy to get along with. only reason why i left was to get a dealer job.
Pros
work with you
Cons
sometimes no breaks
doing customer service as well as working on car
Auto Tech (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAApril 24, 2017
i would do on a typical day about 120 car a day what i learn was how to oil change as well the a/c and most of all the transmission service to some of the cars my manger was great and he taught me everything i know today about cars as well as how they work the best part about the job was i get to touch every car i love.
Pros
411k health insurance
Productive work environment
Human Resource Administrator - Talent Acquisition (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAApril 22, 2017
-At the office, we always work as a team to get our daily task done in a timely manner.
-The workplace culture is warm and welcoming.
-There is always something to learn at this job.
Good company
Service Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYApril 22, 2017
very good company and health, dental, 401k. long hours typically but mostly managers. great team environment and no previous expirence needed but most have a positive and outgoing attitude.
Pros
job security
Cons
long days
Great company to work for
Cincinnati Market Trainer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 19, 2017
Not a bad starting pay rate, a lot of hands on training, they do everything they can to get you raises and promotions, hours aren't bad. Upper management genuinely cares about employees.
Pros
management, culture, newly acquired skills, pay
Cons
hot in summer, cold in winter
Great experience there, friendly people, good culture, cares about employes
Certified Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 19, 2017
Great experience there, friendly people, good culture, cares about employees. Surprisingly physically intensive however. Very friendly however, and accommodating to learning the ropes. Good training. Best job I have had so far, only left due to non work related accident leaving me physically unable to perform duties.
Productive and fun workplace
Senior Technician (Current Employee) –  St Anthony Village, MNApril 19, 2017
Fun place to work, the team treats you like family. No experience is required and you learn quite a bit. Everyone really embraces the whole team aspect of the job. It's a good giv
Pros
No boredom
Cons
Fast paced
Great Company to work for!
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCApril 19, 2017
Vioc genuinely cares about the customer, they have a very specific way of doing an oil change which allows the guest to know what is going on. Double checks are very important to the company also to verify mistakes were not made. They take much care of each employee. I would go back in a heart beat!
Pros
Team, well taken care of.
Good fun, good people
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Prince Frederick, MDApril 17, 2017
Great place to work despite tough conditions. Very hot and very fast paced. Always staying busy with great deal of cars, especially on weekends. Learned lots and gained not only good colleagues but good friends.
Pros
Air conditioned office, good pay
Cons
Very hot, lots of work
wasted 8 months of my life
Certified technician (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYApril 11, 2017
My manager was racist and degraded me because i was a female. My manager was addicted to pills, constantly coming in unable to complete his duties while the gm was completely aware but decided to ignore it.
I worked more hours than the manager most weeks with no appreciation. This is a company were you can only go so far before it starts to ruin your life. The stress is overwhelming, the general manger degrades all employees and make you feel like your nothing unless your selling. I do not recommend working for any vavoline in western new york.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
productive fun work place
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAApril 9, 2017
greet customers, guide them safely in the shop . replace wipers and perform preventive maintanence on all vehicles. fun work place. order parts and fluids as it gets lower on them.
fun place to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  rochester nyApril 8, 2017
alot of room for advancement great managers, great training. most of the time youre waiting for cars but you can fill your time by learning more about how to move up in the company.
Slightly productive and interesting
Technician (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORApril 7, 2017
All that get mostly done are oil changes. Other forms of preventative maintenance such as coolant flushes, transmission flushes, and front and rear differential services are also done.
Barely Ok
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 7, 2017
Company progresses employees fast, but does not value employees. They do not value honesty. They find a way to sell you things that are not needed and hate when employees tell customers the truth.
Pros
Bragging rights
Cons
Get fired for anything
Good job for it is and good pay
Valvoline technician (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 3, 2017
Depending on location can be a brutal job. In hot places summer can get pretty hot down in the pits. Advancement is very easy. Definitely can be hard work if you're at a busy store. Suggest automotive experience if you apply. No matter what you apply for you will be getting very dirty. You are working with oil. The longer you work hard with this company you do move up in pay.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
You get very dirty, oil all over you. It can be very hot or cold depending on climate you live in
overall decent company
Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 2, 2017
plenty of opportunities for overtime, plenty of opportunities to learn about cars, hands on experience, just sometimes made to feel under-appreciated and to some can be very discouraging, but if you can get past it its a pretty enjoyable job. Management could be a little better in some aspects.
No benefits, no breaks, always fast paced, poorly managed.
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Hudson, MAApril 1, 2017
I worked for Valvoline for 6 months, and in that time period we had 4 managers either get fired or laid off, transferred and replaced. Every new hire we got lasted around 3 weeks before quitting, I only had 1 scheduled 30 minute break ever recorded in the books during my time working there. Because of the amount of people quitting, I had to learn every position myself so that the company could flow properly. There was constant fighting, I worked 65 hours a week/6 days a week, with no scheduled breaks. If there is ANY other job option you were considering aside from Valvoline, I highly recommend your other option. This company is terrible.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, 11 Hour work days, dirty, constant fighting, everyone quits within a month.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valvoline Instant Oil Change. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval