ValvTechnologies Employee Reviews

Learned a lot but Bad pay
Welder (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2017
This was i nice place to work due to the fact that my co workers were some cool guys. Its not all complaints they taught me something no other company would so I do appreciate that.
Management Does Not Work Well With Others
Document Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77092November 29, 2016
Company is privately owned and has tons of issues with the owner. He does not allow trust in his management to run the business, which makes it his way or no way.
ValvTechnologies
Gulf Coast Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 13, 2016
A typical day at VTI would start off with sales calls to key clients that currently have VTI install base or are looking to install new valves to replace a less competent product that is already installed at site.

One of the key things in sales that I learned while employed at ValvTechnologies were specific applications that metal seated ball valves would be installed in. Understanding the key features and benefits of the product your selling is a very important, but knowing where to sell them is a must.

Management at ValvTechnologies was once best in the business.

Every lead role must have a great support cast and this is what I felt while working at ValvTechnologies. The engineering department was great support to the sales department in helping them achieve their yearly budget. The engineer lead was best in the business, not only a great friend, but very eager to help.

The hardest part of the job made the job fun. Constant learning of new applications and meeting new clients made the job a bit difficult at times, but in the end made it very enjoyable.

The most enjoyable part of the job were the relationships I gained with my clients and coworkers over the last 10.5 years working at VTI.
This employer had decent benefits
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 9, 2016
This employer had decent benefits. Many of the employees have been there for any years and work well together as a team. This employer is very charitable to the communities and employees in need.
Pros
Long term employees and great team work
Cons
Management style
Much more to Valves
Principal Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 22, 2016
When I started at Valvtechnologies I was thinking this is going to be easy, there is nothing to a valve. I found out that there is so much to know it is quite overwhelming. Materials is very important depending on temperature range, hardness depending on refinery or mining conditions. Also chemicals that are being exposed to makes a huge condition for the seals which sometimes have to be custom designed just for a few valves. Then there is torque rating which dictates which actuator rating is needed depending on pressures being induced to valve. There are hydraulic, manual, electric, and pneumatic actuators from lots of different vendors with different bolting patterns and individual drive sleeves have to be designed for every application as well as mounting brackets. All of that is the basics, then there is the machining aspect of all the components which I won't go into detail, there is much to know and learn. there is also the aspect between forging and casting which can change the designs dramatically. I learned more then I could ever have expected from working at Valvtechnologies. It was quite a educational career choice. Unfortunately it is a job that revolves around sales. If they aren't selling then we aren't designing.
Pros
Close to home, good people
Cons
Many lay offs
Disconnect between Upper Management and workers
Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 11, 2015
Middle management is constantly in flux, Employees are friendly. Lot of politics in promotions. Internal promotions seem to have a glass ceiling
Pros
will get a chance to work
Cons
communication
Laid back management style
Document Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 27, 2015
Unfortunately VTI does not provide a progressive work environment that encourages critical analysis and achieves effective results. My experience at VTI was generally a positive one. However, this company does not recognize talented individuals and tends to overlooking the gold mine they have before them chasing the profit. Often, they staff key positions with personnel that is not qualified to do the work at the level required resulting in greater expense to VTI in the long run.
Great workplace
Project Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston TXNovember 3, 2014
The people here are knowledgeable about their jobs. Open door policy is a company mandate. It was hard to find a permanent role because people never left the job. That is a good thing for them.
Pros
Stability
Cons
No openings
Fun productive workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 30, 2014
I interacted with various vendors daily. Never a dull moment typical day included being sure the customers were happy and satisfied with on time deliveries.
Productive and safe enviroment
Pro-staff Temp Agency (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 3, 2013
Assemble valves throughout the day in a safely manner.

How to assemble valves,read work orders and tell the difference betwwen a complete valve and a incomplete valve.

Management is great and ran well.

My co-workers were great motivaters and easy to get along with.

No hard part it was a real simple job once you got the hang off it.

Building a complete valve that didnt leak.
Do not past go keep going down Bingle
V-P (Former Employee) –  HoustonNovember 7, 2012
Run away from this company it is the worst environment to work in, at least 25% salary turnover. The only thing that is good, is the severance package that you can negotiate.
Cons
the whole organization
Dedicated to excellence in manufacturing superior product lines
Global Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TexasAugust 5, 2012
From humble roots to an international presence, ValvTechnologies designs products which provide value to the world energy market. The staff are dedicated professionals who strive to uphold the mission of superior customer service.
Pros
serious professionals striving to work hard
Cons
striving to get everything done in a day
very COMPETITIVE work place
Shipping supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2012
VTI is a vaery fast past work enviorment and will keep you at a challenge your self moral_ good for the up for it moral
Overall pretty good
Director- Global Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 22, 2012
Overall this is a pretty good company. I don't really have anything negative to say about them. The owner is a really great guy who built this company from nothing. He is smart, humble and loyal to people he trust. However, I think he sometimes trust the wrong people.