Van Ru Credit Corporation

Van Ru Credit Corporation United States Employee Reviews

VanRu has potential
Collections Agent (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSApril 15, 2015
Pros: Lots of training, acknowledgement for high performance results
Cons: benefits are marginal
A call center environment with a positive work culture until you fail a compliance requirement. Then you are working with dread knowing your termination is pending.
Collector
Collection Representative (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 6, 2015
I make calls to debtors in attempt to help them get their loans out of defaulted status. I do so by adhering to srict FDCPA laws as well as state calls. I make between 150-200 calls on a daily basis using multiple systems.
Horrible team
Collection specialist (Former Employee), Des Plaines ILMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Consistent check, clean office
Cons: Rude management, General manager, bonus check hard to get etc.
Working at this establishment has definitely taught me how not to settle at a JOB. Because it's definitely just a job and not a career. Because I am young and starting school next month I realized the disrespect and ignorance was not something I HAD to deal with. For starters the inbound calls are at managers discretion. Everyone knows inbounds is usually money to be made, however unless you kiss butts you won't make a bonus check if you have a high goal. The same people usually are at the top of that goal sheet every month. And that's no coincidence. Of course they will try and sell you the dream that that's not true, and just maybe you'll make a big pop, but the synopsis: they're full of it. It's not that easy. The supervisors with the exception of 2 are extremely rude and will talk to you like s. If you have a issue with the way they are, Don't talk to the Gm about it. The general manager Kiera is very ignorant and rude and talks to her employees any kind of way. It disgust me how the employees have to allow it because of their financial situation of needing a job. She talks like a child in an adult body and says "I'm a realist". She's only real ignorant and I see right through her negativity and that's why I left. Because after having a convo with her, I saw where her sups were getting their coaching from and knew then why they acted like they did and knew it wasn't worth it. It amazes me how the owner allows people like this to work for his company. Bad representation. With a better team I'm sure they'll hit the same numbers as well as not having a big turnover. This job is not worth it at all!!! It's more of inconvenience than a luxury. A job where they get paid more for your services than you do. But if you're just looking for a check go for it.
rotating door policy
Debt Recovery Specialist (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great bonuses, management team can be fun
Cons: stressful work environments, inconsistent work practices
I've only worked at Van Ru Credit Corporation for about fourteen months and have seen over 120+ associates be fired for one reason or another. Personally, I've had a lot of success hitting goals and making good money there. The company itself may be an good company to work for but the Milwaukee location doesn't offer much job security. Management team is easy to get a long with. I really enjoyed the team I worked with. However, be prepared to work six days a week consistently. Job recognition is few and far in between and there can be, at times, unrealistic expectations. For example, if a person needs to use the restroom, they need to cut that time off of their break. Also, goals can be very difficult to hit after you've been there over a year.
Not a great work environment
Verifier/Skip Tracer/Office Administrator (Former Employee), Des Plaines, ILFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: working environment
Mornings i would do Hearings and employer certifications would fax and mail those out. then did data entry and clerical work the rest of the day.
Management would change rules as they go and really didn't care much about their employees.
Some Co-workers are backstabbers only out for themselves some were nice but not many people at all were appreciate of the work done only said something to you when it wasn't the way they wanted the work to be done.
Hardest thing was dealing with petty workers. Got so draining
Enjoyable was doing the data entry portion because i liked what i did just hated the company i did it for.
Good learning experience
Compliance/Customer Service (Former Employee), Des Plaines, ILJanuary 4, 2015
It was a good company. Management was good in the beginning. Almost a year before I left the company they changed management and treated their employees unfair. Nothing was hard to do while working there. I enjoyed my coworkers because they were easy to work with and most of them were there since I started.
Miserable
Collector (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIDecember 16, 2014
Working here was miserable. Managements was a joke, and the rules were blurred and applied at different times. I was so unhappy here. I enjoyed my co-workers, it got to a point that they were the only reason I stayed so long. I do not have anymore to say about this organization.
Great Pay
Lead Collector (Former Employee), Tempe, AZDecember 2, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: relocated to another state
If collections is your thing this is the place for you. You can make a lot of money if you are willing to do the work and put in the time. I believe that they have relocated to another state for those looking in the AZ area, however.
Cut throat, unprofessional place to work
Collector - Federal Education Loans (Former Employee), Brookfield, WINovember 10, 2014
Cons: listed below
No team atmosphere, very cut throat in regards to collections. Not organized or professional. Always something different on why we did not get our bonus'.
You would have to like Collections
Collections Agent (Former Employee), Largo, FLNovember 10, 2014
The then management made this job not pleasent. There was micromanagement and the overall supervisor at that time was hard for me to work with.
Open work enviornment to support team efforts toward company goals.
COLLECTION REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 27, 2014
Pros: success is acknowledged immediately.
Cons: must be prepared to be aggressive and argumentative when contact is made.
Extensive training offers opportunity to accomplish goals as set by the company and yourself regarding commissions.
Great management, gets the big picture in collections.
Collections Dept Lead (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSOctober 9, 2014
Pros: you can earn a good living working smart
Cons: hours at times
Good company, solid foundation. Leadership team is outstanding.
Worst Experience in my life
LPC (Former Employee), Des PlainesSeptember 10, 2014
If you are looking for a company that is professional DO NOT CHOOSE this one. Management un-professional and the vulgarity behind closed doors will make you want to run. False information given to employees.
Workplace and Management
COLLECTIONS AGENT (Current Employee), Des Plaines, ILAugust 30, 2014
This company is a place used to gain more experience. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to the consumers.
Worst experience of my life
Top Collector (Former Employee), lenexa ksJuly 31, 2014
Pros: co-workers are awesome
Cons: you won't make any money because their strategy is worst i've ever encountered.
I got 1st place in the whole office and it was $500 bonus. I never had a bonus so small in my life. The managers are cowards and will not stick up for what is right. I was a perfect employee never late, never wrote up, no compliance fails, won awards every month for performance and/or attitude. Got stressed out because of unpaid bonus from april(still not paid although they say its coming), and promised raises never happened. I needed to take 4 days off to see a Doctor from all the stress and anxiety they caused me. (never had anxiety until i started there) they agreed to doctors note. 2 days into leave GM called me and stated he "accepted my resignation" when i told him i didn't resign he called me a liar and hu on me. when i called back he wouldn't return my call. I showed up anyway as promised with doctors note. Gm wouldn't let me in said i resigned and kept calling me a liar. I got fired because GM didn't want unemployment insurance to go up.... what?!?!?! The managers wouldn't stick up for me when they knew i hadn't resigned, cowards! The reason they don't make any money there and neither will you is because the GM has no effective leadership skills except putting people down and doesn't know how to lead his company to successs, he has no money making ideas, he cannot motivate a single person in the office, and he fired his best employee. ... The doctor said there was nothing wrong with me the job was just so terrible. Now I got a job making $20 and hour + good bonus. I feel bad for their employees.
Geat productive place to work
Collector (Former Employee), Skokie, IllinoisJuly 16, 2014
Pros: great management, great coworkers, daily incentives
Cons: trying to collect debts from customers
Collected on federated accounts daily, used a AS400, inbound/outbound call center, skip traced, and was able to work with a large client base. The management was great and there was incentives daily to keep the staff motivated. The coworkers was great team players that helped whenever needed. The hardest par of my job was trying to collect from customers and maintain my percentage. The thing that I enjoyed the most was the daily incentives that the management gave.
This is a horrible place that doesn't care about its employees!
former employee (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSJuly 12, 2014
Cons: pay, management, location...
Does not allow for personal emergencies without penalty! Will lie and say they don't receive your call-in messages to justify terminating your employment! Does not value prior experience in other industries! Some of the staff are very rude and insensitive!
Hard job and mediocre pay
Student Loans Collections Agent (Former Employee), Largo, FLJuly 5, 2014
Pros: bonus checks
Cons: pressure that was put on you
Very stressful work and we were not compensated enough for our efferts.
Goal driven
Collector (Former Employee), Milwaukee,WIJune 17, 2014
This was my first collections job and my first supervisor had lots of faith in me that I could do the job and I strived to make him proud.
n/a
Collector (Former Employee), milwaukee, wiJune 1, 2014
collections position setting up re-payments for student loans

1 2 3