Van Ru Credit Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Just a place to work at until something better comes along
Skip trace/data entry (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILMay 16, 2016
Benefits are fair. High pressure job. Hard to advance. If you do an outstanding job it is hard to advance as they won't promote you or move you to any other area as they don't want to risk not finding another person as qualified as you.

Dead end job.
Pros
It has benefits
Cons
Only the people on the top are long term employees. If you arent friends or family if management, you will be stuck in a dead end job.
Bad Decision
Collector (Current Employee) –  Lenexa ksMay 7, 2016
Everyone who enters that building will be told and sold and brainwashed into thinking there is bonus potential. Not true at all. Goal is too high. Everyone works hard except the ones getting paid well because they are allowed to sit and wait for inbounds. Same people bonus every month. Everyone leaves after a year learning they will never be able to bonus. General manager is a huge arrogant jerk and will insult you and intimidate you. He is not a leader he is a dictator. The paper you are working on treat the debtors like its customer service. You can't hold them accountable. The accounts you are collecting on are old as dirt. People who have given up on their credit. You have to politely ask they if they don't mind paying the company back. The supervisors do not make anything, they will steal from another sup and give it to the one they want to bonus. If you do have that one good month, they will beef up listening to your calls and find a compliance minor issue and take 1/3 of your bonus from you. They will make you think it's because you aren't a good collector but 90% of people regret ever believing what they tell you
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Hourly wage is what you will earn
Competitive
Asst. General Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILJanuary 19, 2016
flexible hours
good location
friendly management
benefits
comp package
good staffing
fair atmosphere
opportunity to advance
diverse clients
Diverse company that allows you to grow and move up but you need to be prepared for the high stress environment and constant changes.
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 10, 2015
I started out as a collector and was able to grow my strengths and abilities which allowed me to move up in the company. Van Ru does a lot of hiring from within and gives people a chance to prove themselves. If things don't work out for you in one area, they allow you to transfer to a different department and or position to see if it suits you better.The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting so many wonderful people. I came to work each day to see the people that had become like a family to me.
Pros
Advancement opportunities
Cons
High stress environment, constant changes
Busy
Student Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILNovember 10, 2015
Crunch time for all projects. Very busy work environment. It is never a dull moment. We have thousands of student loans to process daily. The job will never end.
company to work productity and fun
Collection (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSOctober 26, 2015
company is okay, nice coworkers and managers and you can make lots of money you work hard and will achieve your monthly goal set the better you become at collecting the higher your goal set will become
Pros
you can make a lot of money
Cons
I enjoy the company I dont like the fact that others can collect your bonus
Fast paced, production/results driven work environment.
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 21, 2015
This was very much a production driven place to work. Advancement and compensation was strictly based on numbers. I did enjoy working side by side with my coworkers on the floor. i did learn learn good communication skills in a professional work environment.
Collecting on debt and helping to resolve it
Collector (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 5, 2015
The hardest part of the job was to collect debt from borrowers and the most enjoying part was locating them and setting them up on payment plans to bring their debt to good standings. My co workers were awesome and I learned how to work under pressure and handle rejection.
Pros
Able to help people who owe outstanding debt
Cons
Having to collect on debt
Great Experience
Correspondence Management Team Lead/Clerk (Current Employee) –  DesPlaines, ILOctober 4, 2015
My experience at VanRu Credit Corporation has been a learning and positive work experience.
I have more experience working with AS-400 system and more investigative and critical thinking skills working for this company.
Pros
Work experience with different computer operations
Cons
Limited promotion
Lack of communication
Collection Rep (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 24, 2015
Van Ru is not a honest company. The turnover rate is extremely high. And management is very deceptive. The company makes their own rules and does whatever they like. they do no take care of their employees and treats them all as replaceable numbers.
Cons
Management lackof communication and followup.
Great Environment
Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILSeptember 22, 2015
Call center all day
Learned about the collections industry
Management is good
Co-workers are helpful
Learning new things everyday
This place is a joke... The only good reviews are management
Collector (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILAugust 10, 2015
Seriously this place is a joke and the management isn't any better. They treat their employees like garbage and only promote the slow people who don't have a mind of their own.
Pros
Hmmmm.... Can't think of any
Cons
Everything...
Serious financial education and personal finances with high goal reaching; in a fast paced environment.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILAugust 6, 2015
My day would begin looking at the board to see what my daily goal was and strategizing how to increase moving up higher. Inbound calling would begin and I would have to assist debtors, graduates and insurance claims guest how to take control of their finances with delinquencies.
Pros
Great financial gain. Security within position. Good advancement within the company.
Cons
The up and down decline of goal reaching and the switching between the collection floor.
xciting enviornment
Medical Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILJuly 10, 2015
The managemnt made working there fun. There was never a dull moment at vanru.I enjoyed my time there. The staff was very friendly . It was a friendly enviornment
Very professional
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJune 19, 2015
It was a good company to work for. I learned a lot about the FDCPA, state laws and regulations. My supervisor was awesome! She really cared about her collectors.
Job Security
FULL-TIME & LONG TERM ASSIGNMENTS (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILApril 22, 2015
This company has great opportunities for advancement in the work field.I enjoyed working with my co-workers because that's were I learn the base of my position
VanRu has potential
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSApril 15, 2015
A call center environment with a positive work culture until you fail a compliance requirement. Then you are working with dread knowing your termination is pending.
Pros
Lots of training, acknowledgement for high performance results
Cons
benefits are marginal
Collector
Collection Representative (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 6, 2015
I make calls to debtors in attempt to help them get their loans out of defaulted status. I do so by adhering to srict FDCPA laws as well as state calls. I make between 150-200 calls on a daily basis using multiple systems.
Horrible team
Collection specialist (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines ILMarch 28, 2015
Working at this establishment has definitely taught me how not to settle at a JOB. Because it's definitely just a job and not a career. Because I am young and starting school next month I realized the disrespect and ignorance was not something I HAD to deal with. For starters the inbound calls are at managers discretion. Everyone knows inbounds is usually money to be made, however unless you kiss butts you won't make a bonus check if you have a high goal. The same people usually are at the top of that goal sheet every month. And that's no coincidence. Of course they will try and sell you the dream that that's not true, and just maybe you'll make a big pop, but the synopsis: they're full of it. It's not that easy. The supervisors with the exception of 2 are extremely rude and will talk to you like s. If you have a issue with the way they are, Don't talk to the Gm about it. The general manager Kiera is very ignorant and rude and talks to her employees any kind of way. It disgust me how the employees have to allow it because of their financial situation of needing a job. She talks like a child in an adult body and says "I'm a realist". She's only real ignorant and I see right through her negativity and that's why I left. Because after having a convo with her, I saw where her sups were getting their coaching from and knew then why they acted like they did and knew it wasn't worth it. It amazes me how the owner allows people like this to work for his company. Bad representation. With a better team I'm sure they'll hit the same numbers as well as not having a big turnover. This  more... job is not worth it at all!!! It's more of inconvenience than a luxury. A job where they get paid more for your services than you do. But if you're just looking for a check go for it.  less
Pros
Consistent check, clean office
Cons
Rude management, General manager, bonus check hard to get etc.
rotating door policy
Debt Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 24, 2015
I've only worked at Van Ru Credit Corporation for about fourteen months and have seen over 120+ associates be fired for one reason or another. Personally, I've had a lot of success hitting goals and making good money there. The company itself may be an good company to work for but the Milwaukee location doesn't offer much job security. Management team is easy to get a long with. I really enjoyed the team I worked with. However, be prepared to work six days a week consistently. Job recognition is few and far in between and there can be, at times, unrealistic expectations. For example, if a person needs to use the restroom, they need to cut that time off of their break. Also, goals can be very difficult to hit after you've been there over a year.
Pros
great bonuses, management team can be fun
Cons
stressful work environments, inconsistent work practices

Van Ru Credit Corporation Reviews by Location