Van Ru Credit Corporation Employee Reviews

No good
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILMay 1, 2017
rudest management ever, quick to fire without reason, oldest computer software, will find any excuse to not pay out a bonus check, witnessed HIPPA violations
Disorganized and Unprofessional operation
DEBT RECOVERY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILApril 28, 2017
A very disorganized and unprofessional atmosphere . They were not open to suggestions and advancement was almost non-existent. Very unhealthy environment to work in (physically and mentally ). The most enjoyable part was the team attitude that was present among the staff, in spite of management negativity. The hardest or most challenging part of the job was the almost daily changes in policies and procedures. Especially when no explanation or discussion would be given . Poor communication from management to staff
Pros
Education on student loans
Cons
The neverending treatment of staff in negative terms
Fast work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 25, 2017
I loved coming into work assistance customer and being able to make my customers day. A typical day at work was just coming in skip tracing members and calling them getting them setup in payment plans, also take payments and notate a system daily
Good company
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLMarch 28, 2017
Call customer and advise of past due credit card balance and assist them in getting it resolved. Gather as much information as the customer was willing to provide to assist with this. Set up a payment plan or get the balance paid in full.
Pros
Growth in the company
Cons
Nights are mandatory
enjoyable co-workers and a provided opportunity for growth
Quality Control & consumer advocacy supervisor (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILMarch 10, 2017
I have worked at Van ru Credit Corporation for 3 years and 2months now. in those 3 years I received 3 promotions and I am currently the supervisor of Quality control and consumer advocacy. My jobs consists of talking to consumers that have complaints or issues with our company, investigating their issue, advising our client and working with the consumer to resolve their issue. I also work closely with our call monitors to make sure they are proactive in catching any deficiencies our agent may display during a phone call with a consumer.
Pros
working with employess and consumers to help make a positive difference.
wage garnishment supervisor
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILMarch 8, 2017
The world of collection is a very high volume and taxing world. I was a Supervisor for 20 people who specialized in Dept of Education federally defaulted student loans. My department level was beyond "just make a payment" it required that the Debtor forward documentation such as w2, paystubs, financial statements Etc. in most cases it resulted in wage garnishment and tax liens.
Pros
The commission was great
Cons
Families suffered
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILMarch 7, 2017
It is a very stressful place to work when you are worrying if you will still be employed each month. Management for the most part is horrible unless you are playing best friend in their face everyday.
Prductive workplace. very competitive. Stressful.
Collector (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 6, 2017
Van Ru was a good place to work. It was stressful, but exciting. I was one of only two Spanish- bilingual collectors. It was fast- paced, but I couldn't handle the excessive stress.
Pros
Got off work early afternoon.
Cons
No benefits. Had to drive from Surprise to Tempe, Az
Productive and Postive
Dispatch Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILFebruary 22, 2017
A dispatch Team Lead at Van Ru Credit Corporation starts with electronic mail that needs to be dispatched to workforce. Daily mail is to be sorted and scanned ensuring everyone has correspondence to be worked and handled. Dispatch is a productive job, never a dull moment.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
short breaks
Everyone here is like family
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILFebruary 20, 2017
Great place to start your career. Will promote from within. Wonderful employees and many here with 5 plus years of service or more.
Pros
Great team to work with

Want to know more about Van Ru Credit Corporation?

Ask a question
No concept of employee engagement or fiscal responsibility
Admin Wage Garnishment / Collections Manager (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILFebruary 6, 2017
This place will be closed within the next 60-120 days.Top heavy executive management more worried about their quarterly bonus than the welfare of the staff.

The company has laid off over 25% of their staff to save bonuses for the top 3%.
Pros
Cons
the company is going under
ok
DEBT COLLECTOR (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILJanuary 9, 2017
they have alot of cool prizes to win if you meet the goal or get a payment in a certain amount of time. i'm not competitive so it was difficult for me to continue to stay in an environment as such
Pros
good pay
Cons
competitive
Hot and cold management
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILJanuary 8, 2017
Former leadership was very helpful, others are very much hands-off and assume you know things. There is a lack of follow-up on the part of current management and they do not check if you need assistance.
Pros
Flexible hours, no micro-management
Cons
Low pay, No recognition for a job well done, work overload
fun and productive
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILJanuary 7, 2017
Van Ru can be a fun place when the manager is in a good mood. When there is a load of work for the day time flys on by. unfortunately the managers and supervisors never seem to be on the same page.
Extremely fast paced.
Corr Management / Posting/ Payment processing (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILJanuary 6, 2017
typical day- no time to breathe
What I learned- patience, Got the job completed efficiently on time despite obstacles.
Most enjoyable - friends, co-workers, their sense of humor.
Pros
free health insurance and 401A
Cons
No appreciation
Productive and great co-workers
Employee (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILJanuary 4, 2017
The work is productive and the employees are hard working and team orientated. Healthcare is affordable. Great learning experience on office ethics.
Pros
Healthcare is affordable, co-workers are great
Cons
Training can improve
productive and fun work environment
Collector (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 29, 2016
great company to work for. great benefits, nice people and the bonous were great as well. A typical work day was smooth. My co-workers were nice
Very stressful work place..
Garnishment Lead (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 18, 2016
This is a very stressful workplace. The management was hard to work for. The company would change the operations for the staff.
Pros
Organizational skills, managerial skills
Cons
Upper management lacks concern for the employees.
Great workplace with good benefits
CS Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLNovember 1, 2016
Really enjoyed this company, learned alot, and was able to move up alot due to training and advancement. The pay was good as well as the opportunity to earn bonuses each month.
Not true collections
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILOctober 25, 2016
tI've been a collector for 15 yrs business to business. This place is a joke. I was told because I'm bilingual I'd make more. In fact the team leader also bilingual would hog the calls. Others wouldn't transfer calls but take messages for the team leader. Awful commission. No chance for advancement. A welfare to work sweat shop. Not for a well spoken corporate collector.
Pros
You learn how valuable your own professionalism is.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Van Ru Credit Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8