Vance-granville Community College Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Vance Granville Community College is a productive and great place to teach and work at and network.
Part-time Instructor Electrical System Technology (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NCDecember 2, 2015
A typical work day at Vance-Granville Community College is preparing class and lab work, interacting with staff and students, completing the day's curriculum and ending with complete satisfaction in making sure students and staff has complete knowledge of the course. Before leaving the class and school making sure the classroom area is clean, safe and sanitary. Going home to prepare classwork assignments for the following day.
Pros
Interacting with the staff and students and being a productive person in society
This job was satisfying because of the human element and the chance to enrich the lives of the students.
Vocational Instructor (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCJune 8, 2015
I really loved the work I did on this job. I especially found the School Principal to be very supportive.

I told you a lot in my resume: This job was multi-faceted in its requirements of skills and information giving.

I covered three classes, and each one had varying demands for giving adequate information to the student, and for producing skilled persons in the use of the information.
Pros
Opportunity to enrich lives.
Cons
A few cranky Security Officers.
Productive work environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Creedmoor, NCMarch 11, 2015
A typical day could involve making copies, filing and scanning paperwork, answering the phone, and assisting walk-ins. Additionally, one had to be flexible enough to also assist in the library, computer lab, or in financial aid as needed. The hardest part of the job was juggling the different work tasks in an often fast-paced environment. The best part was definitely the interaction. I loved getting to meet the people that came into the office and help them with their needs as much as possible.
Typical day at Vance-Granville Community College
Office Assistant (workstudy) - Career Center (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NCApril 17, 2013
A typical day at work is picking up the mail, checking e-mails, answer multi-phone lines, and help students to achieve their goal. I learned to be more responsible and how to keep organization in the workplace. My boss is a very respectful person who brings joy and laughter into the workplace. My co-workers are easy going people able to get along with everyone in the office. The hardest part of my job is during registration time when new and current students are returning to sign up for classes and students sometime have to wait up to 30 to 50 minutes to be seen by a staff member because there is a lack of staff. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with and meeting all types of people.
Pros
i received a great education at vance-granville community college
A great learning experience
Instructor of Information System/Network Services (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NCJune 27, 2012
A great place to learn and grown in the technology field, gave me the oppunity to presue certifications in my field and supported my efforts with time and funds.
Pros
close to home
Cons
no flex schedule
a typical work day
Test Administrator (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NCFebruary 8, 2013
Th ejob is very good. I get to meet quite a few people every day. Customer Service is a very big plus in this company.
Pros
meeting new people every day.
Cons
removing candidate from testing center
Rewarding work experience
Nurse Aide I Instructor (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NCJuly 26, 2013
I enjoy directing the learning of others who have genuine interest in providing patient care.
Pros
great work schedule
Cons
contractual/part-time position
n/a
Occupational Health Instructor (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NCJune 20, 2014
Attended nursing school here
Enjoyable experience
Recommend the nursing school
Radiography Student at VGCC
Student (Former Employee) –  Butner, NCDecember 22, 2014
I worked in the IT/Networking Support field over 10 years. I decided to change fields and applied to the VGCC Radiography Program. The program is excellent and I was well prepared for the Registry. I loved the clinical experience, and worked at several different hospitals and clinics while completing the program. I have been in customer service most of my life, and patients are customers too. I strive for making the patient's experience as easy and quick as possible. The hardest part of the job was not being able to do more to ease the pain of some procedures. I have been blessed in my technical positions with working with some awesome, intelligent and team oriented people, and found that this has also been true in the medical field during my clinical experiences. Working with people who love their jobs and feel that they are making a difference in people's lives makes a job enjoyable.
A typical day began by cleaning and preparing the rooms for patients. Proper and correct identification of patients and verification of orders for all procedures prior to implementation are vital. After procedures, documentation of all work done is completed and the patient's images sent to PACs for reading by the Radiologist. The room is cleaned and prepared for the next patient. Most of the clinical sites were very busy and efficient workflow was required to get everything done in a timely manner. When the rare quiet moment did come, there were always things that could be cleaned or prepped for later.
I am looking for my first job in the Radiography field. I could be available for any shift.
  more... I am fit, well spoken, and respectful of others. I have a strong work ethic. While I have been looking for work, I've put Hardee plank siding up on my house, learned to change the brakes on my car and my motorcycle, and become quite an expert house painter. I am open to learning and will continue to learn all my life. I look forward to being a new member of your team.  less
Pros
working with pleasant, smart people.
Cons
long drives on crowded highways, but no way to avoid that.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vance-granville Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2