Position Description: This is a Journeyman level Diesel Mechanic position which is responsible for diagnosing and repairing heavy-duty trucks and trailers under minimal supervision. Repairs will include Preventative Maintenance inspections and repairs, air brake repairs, tire repairs, driveline, steering & suspension, electrical trouble-shooting, AC and other duties as assigned.
This position will work with and assist other Technicians in diagnostics and repairs and will be expected to comply with Safety and EPA procedures and continue to learn additional mechanical duties such as advanced diagnostics, internal engine and transmission repairs.
- 21 years of age or older
- Must be able to read codes and instructions on the computer
- Must be able to document repairs on the computer
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Must have a valid CDL Driver's License and the ability to meet Class A driving qualifications or ability to obtain one
- 3 years of proven medium to heavy-duty vehicle repair including: PM's, tire & wheel, air brakes, clutches, engine diagnosis, computerized diagnostics, electrical
- Prefer certifications in tire & wheel, brakes, AC
- Must possess at minimum a set of hand tools up to 3/4"
- Ability to work flexible schedules including shift work, weekends, holidays and on-call for roadside assistance
Responsibilities: Will diagnose and repair heavy duty vehicles and possibly light duty or industrial equipment.
Indeed - 17 months ago
A Pacific NW regional, warehouse and trucking company located in Vancouver, WA, across the Columbia River from Portland, OR. Our company...