Looking for a change? Would you like an excellent salary and a great working environment? West Virginia Junior College offers a friendly, small college atmosphere where people and their opinions are respected. We work together on a first name basis to achieve shared goals without frustrating red tape.
Currently, our private, for-profit, college system is looking to expand and is seeking individuals who want to grow with us. Campus President opportunities exist in Morgantown, Bridgeport, Martinsburg, Beckley and other West Virginia communities. Campus leadership opportunities also exist for the Online campus which is based in Morgantown.
Applicants should specify their location of interest when they apply.
Qualifications and Core Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Management/Supervisory work experience
- Fiscal responsibility
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Relations
- Remain apprised of all enrollment statistics including but not necessarily limited to daily absences, enrollments and withdrawals and number of graduates each cycle.
- Remain apprised of and abide by all Federal and State regulations or rules and accrediting criteria as pertains to the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Remain apprised of and abide by all corporate and institutional policies and procedures as pertains to the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- To promote the college’s brand within the community by attending, joining or seeking appointment to the boards of community based organizations.
- To promote student morale and to create within the institution an atmosphere of “teamwork” and “success” among faculty, students and staff.
- Conduct meetings with each department weekly.
- Participate in every orientation session for students.
- Establish an academic environment that is dynamic and engaging by conducting in service training and professional growth for faculty, student social and community service activities, guest speakers, etc. This list is not all inclusive.
- Review faculty evaluation reports with the academic dean to ensure that the college’s goals of a dynamic engaging academic environment is understood and achieved in the classroom.
- Establish procedures to ensure proper and ongoing interviews for faculty. Participate in faculty orientation.
- Participate in monthly faculty meetings.
- Conduct semi-monthly advisory board meetings with the goal of engaging the community in the goals of the college including but not limited to branding, generating job leads and identifying training opportunities for in demand careers.
- Operating with business like efficiencies at expense levels set forth by the Chief Operating Officer.
- Maintain a safe campus where books, equipment and supplies are available and in good working order.
- Complete the course schedule each cycle.
- Ensure that the counseling needs of the students are being met.
- Establish, implement and update the Campus Effectiveness Plan (CEP).
- To hire, train, orient, evaluate, re-train and fire if necessary all campus staff.
- Ensure that the career management department is generating able job leads and counseling upcoming graduates to effectuate job placement goals as established in the CEP.
- Ensure that all management information systems and student information systems are maintained daily by appropriate staff and that all records resulting from such system are protected from theft, fire or other possible loss.
- Ensure that all reports required by federal, state, accrediting agencies or supervisors are accurately completed and timely submitted.