Would you like a competitive salary and great working environment? West Virginia Junior College - Online offers a friendly, small college atmosphere where people and their opinions are respected. We work together on a first name basis to help people achieve their personal and career goals. WVJC-Online is currently accepting applications for a full-time Financial Aid Officer to assist qualified students with financial aid and other options to help fund their education.
- Bachelor’s degree within accounting, finance or related field
- Strong computer and technical skills
- Previous experience within financial aid and/or high education preferred
- Ability to work under the pressure of deadlines while maintaining detail in all duties and responsibilities
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to work with a non-traditional and diverse student population
- Strong organizational skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Assist students in determining eligibility
- Review and finalize all student financial aid plans and files
- Ensure all financial aid paperwork is processed according to company procedures to ensure completeness and accuracy of documentation collected and financial aid documentation is adequately and permanently recorded and available when necessary
- Manage all student receivables to facilitate proper and timely collection of funds(both cash and aid)
- Provide guidance to continuing student population to ensure adequate funding is secured by every student to cover institutional costs and that students have resources to answer questions regarding financial aid eligibility
- Plan and execute entrance/exit counseling sessions and oversee processing of all exiting student paperwork to ensure consistent, appropriate, and timely refunds and provide guidance to students to encourage responsible borrowing and minimize delinquencies and defaulted loans
- Process Title IV funds and Non-Title IV funds through the student information system.
- Maintain current working knowledge of governing agency regulations including Title IV, state, and third party regulations to ensure compliance with federal, state, and other governing agency regulations.
Note: The majority of the responsibilities listed above will be completed virtually via phone and/or screen share software.
Indeed - 16 months ago