Looking for a change? Would you like an excellent salary and a great working environment? West Virginia Junior College offers a friendly, small college atmosphere where people and their opinions are respected. We work together on a first name basis to achieve shared goals without frustrating red tape.
Currently, West Virginia Junior College – Morgantown Campus is seeking a high energy, skilled professional to manage its IT department and lead its IT training program.
Qualifications and Core Competencies:
- Associate’s degree or higher in IT or a related field
- Experience in developing and support IT systems, networking and computer hardware and software
- A+, ICND1 and ICND2 (CISCO) certified preferred
- Analysis and Problem Solving
- Oversee all campus IT areas such as the networking, infrastructure, internet accessibility, security, etc.
- Maintain organized inventory of infrastructure mapping/grid, system user names and passwords, keys and licenses, software, hardware, books and vendor contact information.
- Maintain computer labs in working order and ensure safekeeping of all supplies and equipment
- Renew and update course materials for all computer-related courses
- Assess IT issues or needs and implement solutions and upgrades
- Ensure that students in all technology courses are effectively instructed in relevant, up-to-date technology skills
- Ensure that all computer instructors are qualified, properly hired, oriented and trained prior to assuming classroom duties
- Establish an after/before class additional assistance program for students, which would include such assistance as
- Assist students with out-of-class certification exam preparation through organized study groups
- Teach all assigned technology courses to completion
- Maintain relationships with practitioners in the community to stay abreast to in-demand skills and employer needs.
- Work as a liaison between the Career Management Director and potential area employers of graduates to ensure externship and employment opportunities are identified and secured, and to ensure that the right students and graduates are selected for each externship site or employment interview
- Assist with curriculum development and revisions of IT program and related courses.
- Determine methods and materials needed for diagnostic lab
- Stay abreast to changes in the IT field and maintain up-to-date skills and professional development for self and subordinates