Vander-Bend Manufacturing is vertically integrated Contract Manufacturer specializing in low and medium volume component and product manufacture for the Medical, Semiconductor, data, telecommunications, and related industries. Located in Sunnyvale, we serve the manufacturing needs of over 200 companies in Silicon Valley and beyond, producing Sheet Metal, Machined parts, and Cables, and with Electro-mechanical and electronic assemblies.
About this Opportunity
In support of the Cable and Power Products Build Division you will be responsible for the manufacturing engineering support. Using your production system experience you will develop, sustain, and improve manufacturing methods, tooling, and tests to ensure manufacturing capability, efficiency. Provide direct engineering support to production staff. Lead the following efforts:
- Analyze customer supplied documentation and create product structures and work instructions for release to production.
- Improve upon released designs, assembly processes and tests methods for quality improvement, and cost reduction.
- Develop and improve tooling/fixture/test equipment designs for manufacturability/testability.
- Perform continuous improvements to production processes, sourcing, yield, part/assembly manufacturability, process control, workflow, etc.
- Support the training of production personnel on assembly and test methods.
- Lead or assist in the determination of root cause for product or component failure.
- Assist in the selection and evaluation of suppliers.
- Communicate with customers on engineering related matters.
- Mfg Eng experience supporting mid volume production (ECNs, BOMs Work instructions, equipment/tooling/fixture/test development, troubleshooting.
- Electromechanical tests, & tool/fixture design experience.
- Understand and diagram simple electrical circuits.
- Ability to Develop simple electrical test fixtures.
- Knowledge of UL electrical safety requirements including Hipot etc.
- Experience with NPI process/deliverables, and ability to drive eng projects
- Willingness to work “Hands-on” with engineering prototypes and new products.
- Ability to effectively train manufacturing personnel on assembly and test methods.
- Ability to work effectively within teams, or independently in a fast paced environment.
Additional, helpful knowledge and experience:
- Understanding of Lean principles and continuous improvement methods
- Knowledge of at least one 3D CAD system (Solidworks preferred)
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Statistical Techniques (5S, PFMEA, SPC, Cp/Cpk, 8D, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of Electrical safety requirements and testing to UL and European standards.
4-year degree in Electrical Engineering or Industrial/Mechanical Engineering with some electrical engineering emphasis plus at least 5 years of work experience as a Manufacturing Engineer in a OEM or contract manufacturing environment. Additional Education or experience may substitute.
Interested individuals may apply by ….
Fax, mail or e-mail your resume to 123 Uranium Rd., Sunnyvale, CA 94086 fax 245-4120