Vanderbilt University Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Associate Project Manager, Information Technology (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 7, 2017
I am a contract employee so I am not technically an employee. But, my time hear has been great. You have to understand the "Vanderbilt way" but they have great benefits.
Great staff
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 6, 2017
Loved my department.
Mangers are great and very understanding about life situations. Some staff is was a little off edge but you can always work pass them.
Good Place to work
Senior Grant Accountant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 5, 2017
As with many organizations, Vanderbilt had its strong points and weak points. Overall, I enjoyed working here.

It has a diverse population and brilliant minds of many. Employees pay for parking which can be upwards of $100's. I am giving a good review, despite the need for improvements within the environment.
No Comment
GI/Endo Lab Surgery Scheduler Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 1, 2017
Learning Institute, Room to advancement, Family education advancement, Some Perks, healthcare moderately good. Good workplace culture. Some department are enjoyable places to experience
Cons
An enjoyment to wlrk here
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 29, 2017
Love working here best job I've ever have!!! N
The nurses are amazing and very helpful. My boss is amazing!! I enjoy what I do and the people and patients I work with!!
Pros
Great place
World class organization
Clinical Staff Leader (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 27, 2017
World class organization, I have worked in the ED since 2006. Patient volume has incresse every year. Director of the ED is an amazing person and an equally amazing leader.
Vanderbile Univeristy
Project Manager - Financial Information Systems (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 27, 2017
This environment is slow paced but healthcare is an awesome career opportunity. The best part of the job is team collaboration and creating new process's and procedures.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Slow Pace
Hardest part of job
EpicLeap Helpdek Support- Consultant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 26, 2017
Was a temporary employee and made to feel like actual employee there was a real difference shown. Also not very friendly environment for temps as well
Fast-paced with high expectations
Physicist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 24, 2017
Caring coworkers with high expectations of performance. Healthcare is fast-paced, and everyone wants the highest quality of care for every patient, which means there is a fair amount of pressure for employees.
Great Experience
Research Assistant, Fuch's Research Project (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 23, 2017
Provided me with the opportunity to pay for my education while also providing a monthly salary. While the job is busy at times, provided awesome research experience.
Great Place
Account Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 16, 2017
Wonderful place to work. The atmosphere is great the people are great. The job is fast pace. If you are a true Vanderbilt employee there is always room for advancement.
working at Vandy
Nurse/clinic area (Current Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNNovember 16, 2017
Vanderbilt gives you a great variety of jobs and different area work in . I would and have recommended pothers to work there. It gives you different opportunities to work in many areas advancement and educations
I definetly would recommend working at Vanderbilt
Early Childhood Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 15, 2017
I enjoyed my Co-workers, the children, and just the overall environment. It was an amazing place for me to grow and learn more about my character. The hardest part of the job are the hours everyone is usually started out working from 9-6pm
Worst management
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 14, 2017
I was under awful management that created such a stifling work culture. They stamped out any individuality and made you conform completely to their standards in a negative way.
Pre-Appointment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 13, 2017
It was ok. Would work with them again. The staff is ok. It was A lot of unhappy patients.The hiring process is really difficult and they take a long time to make a decison
Great atmosphere for graduate students
Graduate Research Assistant, Advisor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 10, 2017
I developed many technical, project management and interpersonal skills throughout my Ph.D. work, which were enriched through many domestic and international collaborations with experts in the fields of metallurgy, microscopy and materials science.
Teaching Environment and gain a lot of experience and knowledge.
Lead Radiation Therapist and CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 31, 2017
This is facility is very fast paced and no downtime. The management is awesome and cares about working environment of stress being so high at all times. A lunch and bathroom part was a privilege.The staff works very well together. We know each others strengths and weaknesses and we all worked well together as a team. In this type of environment you have too or you will not survive.
Pros
Time passes by quickly
Cons
Can be stressful if you dont have a good team who works well together
Relaxed at Work Stressed at Home
Business Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 28, 2017
I enjoyed working at Vanderbilt but the non competitive pay was a drag. I wish that I could have stayed but I would need to leave in order to get a competitive pay increase.
Pros
Laid Back
Cons
Low pay
Excellent Job
Patient Care Technician - Adult Emergency Room (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 28, 2017
My experience at Vanderbilt Emergency room was an Excellent one. Granted things could always be stressful and extremely busy but that is just part of working in the er. Otherwise, I loved it a lot, we had amazing coworkers, and we always worked as a team, because if we didn't things would not have went as smooth as they needed too.
I absolutely loved this place
Accounting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 23, 2017
Out of every job this was by far my most favorite. I loved the people I worked with, I loved the atomosphere, I loved the job itself, and I loved the work that I did. I was just said that the position was deleted, the position was created and once the manager that created the position left the position was deleted.
Cons
Long hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vanderbilt University. Our community is ready to answer.