Vanderbilt University Employee Reviews in United States

It's a good place to work here
Research assistant III (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 6, 2016
Enjoy the flexibility for work hours. coworkers are nice. The job responsibilities are high. The pay does not match the work load.
executive assistant
Executive Secretary, Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 6, 2016
assistant provosts' offices
work in ebiz and e-procurement
they had just moved into that suite so helped to organize workspaces
Easy going clinical research office
Clinical Trials Associate I (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 5, 2016
The PIs give their employees a lot of autonomy and supported many of my colleagues and myself to pursue higher education.
Amazing team work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 5, 2016
I loved my time at Vanderbilt. It was an extremely comforting environment to learn in especially as a new graduate RN. There were experiences that were life changing. My co-workers were incredible.
productive
Intern Student (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 3, 2016
I completed my externship at Vanderbilt. I learned many things that I can take with me as I begin working in my new profession. My co-workers were very nice and they made me feel as if I was one of them as oppose to treating me like I was beneath them,
awesome
Respiratory Therapist RRT (Current Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNApril 29, 2016
Awesome place to work co workers are very intelligent, kind and love their patients. would not want to work any place else
Current Work Environment for the University
Administrative Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNApril 29, 2016
Fast-paced and interesting working environment.
Management has recently changed and several co-workers have left the department

Most enjoyable is the job itself.........ever changing and always busy.
Able to work without much supervision........basically, it's here is the deadline.
Pros
Paid cell phone; good benefits
Cons
Longer commute
Bar Scene
pageant coordinator (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNApril 27, 2016
I had a great time helping run and coordinate the pageants and events. I was always given free range and game with opinions and themes.. great family to work for
Cutting edge, fast paced, and fun
CVICU RN (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 26, 2016
This was my favorite place to work. I loved the people, and the high acuity of the patient populations I cared for. I learned so much in the time I spent here.
Great Place to Work
Access Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN 37215April 26, 2016
I truly love my job at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. The management has an open door policy which allows us to be able to communicate any issues freely.
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 20, 2016
Good teamwork, great leadership, management is caring, provides good learning and values hard work. Requires some overtime but all has lots of fun social event.
Medical Transcriptionist-Vanderbilt
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 19, 2016
I really enjoyed working remotely for Vanderbilt Medical Center. However, when Dragon software took over our jobs, we were asked to come into the hospital to work on new assignments and tasks. I really missed the remote aspect of doing transcription for Surgical Pathology.
Pros
Nice people, good pay and benefits.
Cons
Paid for parking but l had to walk 0.5 miles to the hospital and back.
Learned just how serious therapy can get
Volunteer at Stallworth Physical Therapy (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 17, 2016
My only experience in a hospital setting, it showed me the other side of therapy that outpatient settings don't see. I learned that therapy can be difficult for everyone, but no matter how bad the injury or condition, those that put the effort forth and have the most faith always better not only their physical condition, but their mental capacity as well.
Pros
Saw eveything
Cons
No hands on work
Vanderbilt
Coding Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 6, 2016
Vanderbilt was a good place to learn to code. I enjoyed the experience and learning experience but I had to leave due to my husband at the time had a near fatal car wreck and my mom was in the ICU at Vanderbilt and it was hard on me trying to take care of them and my young son. When I was ready to go back to work they were not hiring.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Managment
Busy and productive work place
Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 5, 2016
A typical day of work consist of inbound/outbound calls to schedule appointments and to take messages for the nurses/assistants. Also having two fifteen minute breaks as well as a thirty minute lunch break through-out the day.
Management and co-workers are very reasonable, hard working, and understanding. They do there best to make sure everything is done properly and professionally.
The hardest part of my job is not being able to satisfy a patients every single request.
The most enjoyable part of my job is when I am able to satisfy the patients needs (having an opening the day they request an appointment, answering questions about providers).
Initially starting out, it is a great place to work...
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 5, 2016
Initially starting out, it is a great place to work (i.e. technology, benefits, learning ops, etc.). Until you begin to realize that a job is a job, and each job comes with it own set of challenges, be they with the tasks at hand, co-workers, and/or management that are out of line. The issue that makes it a necessity to move on is the rate of pay. Their pay should be on par with surrounding institutions of the like.
Multicultural and good benfits
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 15, 2016
Flexible work schedule with good benefits. Not a lot of room for advancement. Co-workers were nice. Management need to have training manuals for all positions.
I love Vanderbilt !
Cardiologist Care Partner (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 11, 2016
I love Vanderbilt it is the best place you can be working at they will work with your schedule, this is a teaching hospital the Doctor's and Nurses will teach you and show you how to do all types of procedure's they are patient with you and as for me it was a blessing to work their -I love Vanderbilt!
productive and respectful place to work
CNA/ Medical receptionist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 8, 2016
I was responsible for patient care/charting/ and occasional medical receptionist work. Great place to work and learn new medical techniques!
inventory control
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 3, 2016
a typical day working in a warehouse environment, I learn many different skills. I multitasked utilizing a lot of different skills. The environment was fun and full of energy couldn't ask for a better work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vanderbilt University. Our community is ready to answer.