Vanderbilt University Employee Reviews

Great support from my supervisor
Administrative Assistant TemForce (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 7, 2017
Great place to work. Coworkers will support you while learning. Providers from the Neurology department are amazing people. Administrative staff show concern about every member of the department.
great place for medical field for advancement
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN 37232June 5, 2017
Medical staff have room for advancement administrative not so much it is a great place with great benefits. Employees pay for parking which is a major down fall
great job
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 3, 2017
it was a great place to work ,a little stressful at times. I did have some personal problems with race and a manager that thought she was drill sergeant instead of a GM. but still it was good
very fun,clean, nice
Vanderbilt campus dining (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 30, 2017
I love the environment, students, employees and management. Vanderbilt is a safe exciting place to work. This is a very safe place to work. So many fun events. Its a great place to learn more about your career.
Pros
free lunch, nice people
Cons
Bad work hazards
Great place overall
LPN (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 30, 2017
I loved working here, and the doctors in my clinic. Vanderbilt was always trying to find new ways to improve care for the patients and their families at all times.
Pros
great place
Cons
Supervisor not fair at all times
A learning Experience
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN 37232May 24, 2017
Working in a hospital setting you come in contact with a range of people you normally would not. Having that experience i have learned about many different cultures, their beliefs, and their ways of life. This experience has broadened my thinking and sparked a urgency in me to want to travel and learn more about other cultures as much as i possibly can.
Student Research Assistant
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 24, 2017
Provided plenty of opportunities for safe and independent student learning. A large variety of resources including equipment and a diverse knowledgable staff.
Job security at its finest
Retail Market Clerk (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 24, 2017
I'm only a college student but working for Vanderbilt has been pleasant over the last couple of years. There has always been a willingness to balance out life and work. Benefits are endless and the work environment is nothing short of fantastic. Management on an immediate level could use some readjustment but besides that I have no complaints.
Lots of opportunities
Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 23, 2017
Worked here several years ago. It was a good place to work with lots of opportunities for growth and development. Every day you look forward to going to work.
Vanderbilt is a great place to work.
Purchasing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 22, 2017
There is so much to learn at Vanderbilt University. The employees are cordial and easy to work with on a daily basis. Vanderbilt is a diverse company and take pride in their employees. There is nothing difficult about Vanderbilt, only potential room for growth both at the University and the Medical Center.
Standard Private University
GRADUATE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 22, 2017
The university has a wonderful reputation and offers many unique opportunities for employees and students. That said, it is a very closed environment with an administration that is slow to listen to its employees and students.
This was a temp job
Administrative Assistant College of Business (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 22, 2017
I enjoyed the people and my manager. I learned a lot about the database.I was hoping to get a full time position permanently but my husbands mother moved in and I was her caregiver.
Pros
Work place
Cons
it was a temp
Great learning expirience
Nurse Residency Program (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 17, 2017
This has been a great place to grow my experience as a new nurse. They deliver excellent healthcare to their patients and for that I am proud to have worked for Vanderbilt. Although I do believe they could compensate their employees better this is a teaching hospital and I have learned more then I think I could have else where.
Productive but competitive
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 17, 2017
This was my very first job after graduating from college. It was competitive as there were many student workers who wanted to publish under my PI however, I helped me develop my professional skills. I was able to learn numerous new laboratory skills and also developed team-work skills. It was a very positive experience and I will cherish my PI's mentorship.
Pros
Free laboratory workshops and confrences
Cons
Too much down time between projects
Convienient from home.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNMay 13, 2017
Great position, great provider. Close to home I'm Not dealing w/ traffic everyday, Friday are half days which allows me to take care of appointments a d run errands
resbosibiliets and very busy enviorment.
Medical Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 13, 2017
starting with orders packages unfolded them and put them in data system as receiving medial supplies .
prepared the emergency kits supplies for each surgery room .
clean the displays and stock with very careful the medical supplies .
answering the phone calls from other medical centers ,get the orders for medical SUPPLIES ,PACKAGING THEM ,AND SHIPPING THEM ON TIME .
PRN nurse
Registry LPN (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 3, 2017
OB floor nurse: managing OB patients thru labor and delivery

hardest was 3rd shift hours

enjoyable: meeting new life

workplace culture: unprofessional
Very hard
Laboratory Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 2, 2017
Not the ideal work place. There are two many chief and not enough Indians. Every one is in each other business including management. Management sucks, they are worst than the employees.
Vanderbilt University Hospital
LPN (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 1, 2017
I loved working for Vanderbilt. As a "Teaching Hospital" learning is an actual priority for everyone. It was a phenomenal experience and I would encourage everone to work there.
Very slow and boring
Insurance Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 1, 2017
It's very quiet, very slow and repetitive. Manager doesn't like talking to his staff and can be rude at times. The trainer has zero experience and is very condescending.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vanderbilt University. Our community is ready to answer.