Vanderbilt University

Vanderbilt University Employer Reviews

Productive, High Volume Work Place
Catering Assistant (Current Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: not enough info for patients to find there way around campus
Start's off to A fast pace. I Have Learned alot about the Med. and Dietetic's of the need of everyday care of people. The Management has been the most wonderful and fare that i have experiance in my Career. the most challeageing part is to please other of so many needs. and Always Enjoy the Satisfaction and Happy Costumer.
I was a student tech here
Student Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 24, 2014
I was only a student tech here for a short period of time. student tech
Not the place it used to be.
Computer Technician (Current Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: employes are just cogs in they machine
Vanderbilt was a great place to work in the beginning. After 3 years on they job I have been turned down for promotions and yearly raises have been cut each year to save money. My direct management was great but Vandy is no longer the place I grew up hearing about. The big wigs cut jobs relentlessly sometimes getting rid of entire departments at a time – more... just to out source the work. At this time I wouldn't recommend any one come work at Vanderbilt unless you like the suspense of wondering what day will be your last. – less
good place to work at
Neurology Case Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 17, 2014
Hard work is required but the Vanderbilt Culture is like no other one. High sense of professionalism and ethics.
Busy but rewarding
Oncology Nurse (Current Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: great nursing team
Cons: hectic clinic flow, minimal recognition from upper management for hard work
The most enjoyable part of the job, by far, is the interaction with each patient. We see the same patients on a regular basis and create bonds with them. This job can be very stressful due to increased patient load, decreased nursing staff. My coworkers are amazing and we have done our best in a trying situation. Our nurse manager could not be better – more... to us and is our fighter. She keeps us sane! – less
The work I do on a daily basis
Computer Systems Administrator II (Current Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 11, 2014
I currently do

Computer support, ordering, installing, and repair for 16 research Labs, of which 7 of these have full time employees as well as part time employees and graduate students.

I Manage and remotely support users from Florida State University , San Diego State University, University of Chicago, and University of
North Carolina

I Manage – more... a Stata Application Server, Linux SFTP Server, Windows File Server, and NVivo Application Server

I also support 45 Fulltime Faculty Members, 20 Full time staff employees and 350 Students – less
Great benefits
Registered Nurse, Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 9, 2014
Great benefits package for staff and tuition assistance for staff members children.
Stable company
Purchasing Agent (Current Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 7, 2014
Vanderbilt is a stable company that will continue to thrive for years to come.
Great Place!
Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee), Nashville TNSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: tons of family events that were free
Cons: budget issues
Sadly I was one of the newest people on the "totem pole" as they say; the position I worked was cut when they needed the money because of their budget deficit. I would go back any day!!! The fact that I was one of the people laid off is mute.
The place is filled with culture and knowledge! I was lucky to work there!
VUMC
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee), Nashville TNSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: working in an academic institution
Cons: working in an academic institution
VUMC has always been a great academic employer. They have always been on the front line of new research. In the past several years they have been going through many changes, (as many academic institutions are) and eventually will be where they need to be.
Great Experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 1, 2014
Vanderbilt provided an awesome experience as an RN and a lot of experience in Surgical Intensive Care Unit and a lot of "firsts" with the first pancreatic transplant.
not diveseve
Cage Wash Tech I (Current Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 26, 2014
Need more diversity in management/ leadership rolls. cutting down on benefits. No job security with budget cuts. Not flexible or understanding to outside factors
Productive and fun workplace.
Research Technician (Current Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 26, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no future advancement specific to my future career path.
Flexible, productive, and relaxed workplace. The people and work culture are versatile. Great insurance benefits and inviting work environment. Excellent work ethic is encouraged with increases, positivity, and employee benefits. The only draw back for my particular position is the lack of advancement. I will be looking for a position more suitable – more... for my post college career and this job served as a means of income. I still love and enjoy Vanderbilt. – less
Many demanding hours and minimal compensation for growing responsibilities
Program Scheduling Coordinator for PAAS (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 26, 2014
High turnover rate. I assumed many of the responsibilities of other workers permanently upon their termination with minimal pay increase that reflect my contributions.
Beware of this department
Not important (Former Employee), Not ImportantAugust 26, 2014
Cons: too many to list
Managers verbally and emotionally abuse housekeeping staff. No training program in place. Understaffed; both at the manager and the front line level. Dysfunctional from the top down. Don't work here if you think you can fix this.
Productive, friendly and fun place to work.
Registered Nurse-Neurosurgery (Current Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 25, 2014
I have worked at Vanderbilt Medical Center for 14 years. They have provided me a great and safe work place environment. I've been able to develop some great and long lasting friendships here. Vanderbilt's employee benefits package has allowed me to gain two degrees from them.
Excellant place to work
Cashier/Food Production Worker (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 24, 2014
Excellant place to work. Loved the employees i worked with including managers.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 22, 2014
Pros: excellent learning opportunities
Cons: long hours
Collected and analyzed data for my advisor to be included in publications.
Vanderbilt culture has changed tremendously over the last year.
HR Administrative Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 19, 2014
Vanderbilt is a good place to work. They offer good benefits.
Work life balance
Gastrointestinal Lab Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 14, 2014
Pros: multiple members of team working together - front desk, team leader, rn's, md's, or techs, and transportation.
Cons: short breaks and late-stays.
Working in the GI lab allowed me to work and go to the school at the same time. Some downfalls, considering the patient volume up to 80-100 cases a day, short staffing was a problem, as well as high staff turnover.

About Vanderbilt University

Located in Nashville, Tenn., and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care,Vanderbilt University – Read more

Vanderbilt University Photos