Vanderbilt University

Vanderbilt University Employer Reviews

The work I do on a daily basis
Computer Systems Administrator II (Current Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 11, 2014
I currently do

Computer support, ordering, installing, and repair for 16 research Labs, of which 7 of these have full time employees as well as part time employees and graduate students.

I Manage and remotely support users from Florida State University , San Diego State University, University of Chicago, and University of
North Carolina

I Manage – more... a Stata Application Server, Linux SFTP Server, Windows File Server, and NVivo Application Server

I also support 45 Fulltime Faculty Members, 20 Full time staff employees and 350 Students – less
Great benefits
Registered Nurse, Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 9, 2014
Great benefits package for staff and tuition assistance for staff members children.
Stable company
Purchasing Agent (Current Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 7, 2014
Vanderbilt is a stable company that will continue to thrive for years to come.
Great Place!
Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee), Nashville TNSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: tons of family events that were free
Cons: budget issues
Sadly I was one of the newest people on the "totem pole" as they say; the position I worked was cut when they needed the money because of their budget deficit. I would go back any day!!! The fact that I was one of the people laid off is mute.
The place is filled with culture and knowledge! I was lucky to work there!
VUMC
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee), Nashville TNSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: working in an academic institution
Cons: working in an academic institution
VUMC has always been a great academic employer. They have always been on the front line of new research. In the past several years they have been going through many changes, (as many academic institutions are) and eventually will be where they need to be.
Great Experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 1, 2014
Vanderbilt provided an awesome experience as an RN and a lot of experience in Surgical Intensive Care Unit and a lot of "firsts" with the first pancreatic transplant.
not diveseve
Cage Wash Tech I (Current Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 26, 2014
Need more diversity in management/ leadership rolls. cutting down on benefits. No job security with budget cuts. Not flexible or understanding to outside factors
Productive and fun workplace.
Research Technician (Current Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 26, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no future advancement specific to my future career path.
Flexible, productive, and relaxed workplace. The people and work culture are versatile. Great insurance benefits and inviting work environment. Excellent work ethic is encouraged with increases, positivity, and employee benefits. The only draw back for my particular position is the lack of advancement. I will be looking for a position more suitable – more... for my post college career and this job served as a means of income. I still love and enjoy Vanderbilt. – less
Many demanding hours and minimal compensation for growing responsibilities
Program Scheduling Coordinator for PAAS (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 26, 2014
High turnover rate. I assumed many of the responsibilities of other workers permanently upon their termination with minimal pay increase that reflect my contributions.
Beware of this department
Not important (Former Employee), Not ImportantAugust 26, 2014
Cons: too many to list
Managers verbally and emotionally abuse housekeeping staff. No training program in place. Understaffed; both at the manager and the front line level. Dysfunctional from the top down. Don't work here if you think you can fix this.
Productive, friendly and fun place to work.
Registered Nurse-Neurosurgery (Current Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 25, 2014
I have worked at Vanderbilt Medical Center for 14 years. They have provided me a great and safe work place environment. I've been able to develop some great and long lasting friendships here. Vanderbilt's employee benefits package has allowed me to gain two degrees from them.
Excellant place to work
Cashier/Food Production Worker (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 24, 2014
Excellant place to work. Loved the employees i worked with including managers.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 22, 2014
Pros: excellent learning opportunities
Cons: long hours
Collected and analyzed data for my advisor to be included in publications.
Vanderbilt culture has changed tremendously over the last year.
HR Administrative Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 19, 2014
Vanderbilt is a good place to work. They offer good benefits.
Work life balance
Gastrointestinal Lab Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 14, 2014
Pros: multiple members of team working together - front desk, team leader, rn's, md's, or techs, and transportation.
Cons: short breaks and late-stays.
Working in the GI lab allowed me to work and go to the school at the same time. Some downfalls, considering the patient volume up to 80-100 cases a day, short staffing was a problem, as well as high staff turnover.
promotion path is bad; cut benefits from time to time
Staff Scientist (Current Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 8, 2014
Pros: no state income tax
Cons: less and less benefits
It is not good for young and new employees.

The salary is generally low. The university is cutting benefits such as children's college tuition, vacation/sick/personal days.

The worst thing is that there is no salary increase for THREE years. The salary increase rate is less than 3%, much lower than the increase rate of local expense such as insurance, – more... food, housing/renting. – less
Intensive Care Unit
Care Partner/Medical Receptionist (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 6, 2014
Patient Care/receptionist

I Would be responsible for taking the patients vitals,weights,baths,ADL's, and helping the nurses with procedures
productive workplace
Research Assistant II Human Genetic (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 31, 2014
Pros: benefits
It is fun to work with people who love their job
Research is like a big puzzle and the whole world is working on it and I am proud to be part of it.
Research is also like a dance 2 forward one back challenging every day. Never boring always som new procedure to learn and hope to master it.
the best company ive ever worked for
Laboratory Service Representative (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 30, 2014
Pros: free mata bus ride
labeling and accessioning, im in training right now but so far I love everything about this job
Fantastic coworkers and very supportive management!
Registered Nurse- Critical Care (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 24, 2014
I have never worked for a better manager. My coworkers are super helpful and always willing to assist when needed. By far my most favorite job in 7 years of nursing!

About Vanderbilt University

Located in Nashville, Tenn., and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care,Vanderbilt University – Read more

Vanderbilt University Photos