Vanderbilt University

Vanderbilt University Employee Reviews

Office Supervisor over our walk-in lab
Office Supervisor (Current Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 29, 2014
I have enjoyed the oppurtunity given to me at Vanderbilt University. Have met many great people, and been a part of a great management team. I enjoy coming to my job and look forward to learning new ideas and programs within our department of Audiology. I love changes that are going to benefit my department.
Clinical Engineering technician
Clinical Engineering Technician (Current Employee), NAshville, TNDecember 18, 2014
Anesthesia machine GE Aestiva 5 certified
LVAD technician
Valet is a horrible job! Don't do it!
Valet Attendant (Former Employee), 1201 Medical Center DrDecember 14, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: read review and choose your next job wisely!
Very sexiest in showing favoritism towards females. Management is a poor excuse. Management will lie to your face, don't believe a word the manager in valet says! Everyday you will feel like walking on egg shells so watch where you'll step.
It was a great place to work when i started 9 years ago but through the years everything started going down hill
Delivering Supply Orders to Nursing Staff (Current Employee), nashville tnDecember 11, 2014
Pros: the benefits were good
Cons: management
Vanderbit was a great place to work until now. Vanderbilt hasn't had a raise in about 5 years! Vanderbilt has changed a lot since I started back in 2005
Productive place to work.
Office Assistant III (Former Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 9, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
The most enjoyable part of the job are the flexible schedules and my co-workers. Overall I was willing to accept any challenges that came my way.
Great
Support Technician (Former Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 4, 2014
overall busy and stable co workers very nice and very helpful great place to expand also they provide training to better yourself as an employee gives you a very great chance to move up in that line of work
productive place
Patient Service Medical Receptionist (Current Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 1, 2014
Pros: friendly people
Cons: short breaks
Perform administrative and certain clinical duties under the direction of physician. Administrative duties may include scheduling appointments, maintaining medical records, billing, and coding for insurance purposes. Clinical duties may include taking and recording vital signs and medical histories, preparing patients for examination, drawing blood, and administering medications as directed by physician.
Too much work with such little pay
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 17, 2014
Most of the time, a technician I is taken advantage of, because they are new and the older employees have become lazy and don't want to do the work. Managment makes bad choices on who to put in charge.
Great academic institution with lots of professional growth opportunities.
Ventricular Assist Device Coordinator (Current Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 8, 2014
Academic medical center with several opportunities for professional growth.

Great learning opportunities.

Top rated national healthcare facility and well-known research programs.
Good place to work in the right position
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 29, 2014
Pros: better than average pay, great tuition benefit
Cons: training from non-clinical to clinical, reduced time off, stagnant pay
great place to work, especially for physicians, nurses, lab personnel, etc.
Vanderbilt Medical Group
Patient Service Rep (Current Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 28, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: long hours
The best place I have work great benefits and flexible hours, great people and just a overall great place.
Great coworkers
Coding Specialist I (Former Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 27, 2014
Pros: great coworkers; supportive management
Cons: stress related to change over to icd-10
The last few years at Vanderbilt I was able to work from home on my computer. I was connected to Vanderbilt and loved working from home. I went through 2 years of training for ICD-10 which is the new nomenclature to become the one we would be using as soon as the government gives the go ahead to use it. My coworkers are a great group of people who were more like family. If anyone had a death in the family everyone pitched in and fixed food, gave money and supported the coworker through their grief. Nice people who I miss every day. I learned a lot from a lot of interesting and intelligent people.
It is work for full time student. I learnt a lot from the work.
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 26, 2014
My typical day at work is the day we stayed at work until mid night to finish up some task. I learnt about R program and to work with different people. The management is really good. The people around the lab are very nice. There is nothing hard about the job. The manager is a nice person which is the most enjoyable part of the job.
OK, not great
Research Technician (Former Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 24, 2014
Pros: health insurance
Cons: exploitative
Worked in a typical university setting; not much interaction with management; Poor compensation
Great place for productive research in direct contact with the hospital
Post Doc Research Associate (Current Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 23, 2014
I decided to apply for a position at Vanderbilt University since the University is very close to the Medical Center. And effectively I learned to:
- define and write experimental protocols to test medical devices;
- discuss (i.e. listen and explain) with the scientific and clinical communities about specific needs.
- present in a clear and effective way my work to doctors and nurses in order to work productively together.
My day at work starts with a 15 minute Scrum meeting with my colleagues, and then I have a more specific 30 minutes meeting with the project manager, the cell culture technician and some students to review plans for experiments of the day. My day includes work in the clean room for fabrication of devices and prototypes for my experiments and for other colleagues in the project. I also work with cells and tissues (including collecting and preparation of tissues from the hospital). Half of the day is basically work in the office, to review data, study and writing.
We have weekly and monthly meetings with the doctors we are working with to present data and to plan future collaboration (writing proposals and tutoring students together).
I usually spend at least one full day working with undergraduate and graduate students.I follow design projects of several students at Biomedical Engineering and I also enjoy to work with younger students (high schools) during the summer for short research projects.
I really like the working environment, my colleagues and the students I am working with. I really appreciate when colleagues are respectful towards me, my time and my – more... achievements.
The hardest part of my job is when I have to stop in the middle of an experiment to run to pick up my daughter: I do my best to avoid long experiments or protocol that requires more than 8 hours in the lab, but sometimes we cannot do differently.
The most enjoyable part is to celebrate with colleagues achievements like published papers or awards: it takes time in research to get good results but it is great to receive honors and rewards after all, especially when we have worked together from the beginning. – less
Vanderbilt
Administrative Officer (Current Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 22, 2014
Co-workers are great but healthcare is not the field to work in these days.
Great place to work and chances of advancement
Case Cart Delivery Specialist (Former Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 15, 2014
I loved working for this company the pay was great and the benefits were great.
Productive work environment, team work encouraged, management was eager to jump in and help on short staffing days
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 13, 2014
Pros: supportive staffing, team work, daily assignment tasking
Cons: no breaks other than 30 minute lunch break
Vanderbilt Breast Center was very organized, we had a daily assignment sheet to let us know which providers we were assigned to and what side work we were to do for the day, assignments were given according to patient load, and divided evenly. I would be in charge of up to 40 patients per day, taking patient vital signs, reviewing and updating patient medications, updating patients medical history, assisting with inner office procedures (punch biopsies, incision and drainages, seroma catherization), ordering imaging, along with side work of restocking patient exam rooms, restocking supply carts, scanning patient documents into charting system, shadowing physicians and physician assistants as needed, ordering lab work, updating and printing patient orders.
great
loader (Former Employee), nashvilleOctober 10, 2014
Pros: everything is great here
Cons: you get out for school break
just great people great place period great everything great benifits, free bus ride to work good food great place period
I loved the opportunity to work at Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 5, 2014
Pros: great management
Cons: no cons -
I started out working at Vanderbilt working as a nurse extern and then a care partner in the level 1 trauma unit and surgical intensive care untin. Then as a registered nurse in the same department. What an experience to work with such high acuity of patients. I enjoyed every minute of it.The only reason I left was that I was accepted on to active duty.

About Vanderbilt University

Located in Nashville, Tenn., and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care,Vanderbilt University – Read more

Vanderbilt University Salaries

$25,000 per year
Patient Services Representative
$28,000 per year

Vanderbilt University Photos

Vanderbilt employees take in a Women's basketball game during Employee Celebration night.
Employees pose with their turkeys, tofurkeys and aprons during the holiday gift giveaway.
Vanderbilt employees enjoy fresh air on campus during National Walking Day.