Vanderbilt University Employee Reviews in United States

terrible
Independent Laboratory Contractor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 9, 2016
This job sucked. I had to sell narcotics to people who did not need them or abused them. It was morally terrible. I would never do it again.
Easy going clinical research office
Clinical Trials Associate I (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 5, 2016
The PIs give their employees a lot of autonomy and supported many of my colleagues and myself to pursue higher education.
Cutting edge, fast paced, and fun
CVICU RN (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 26, 2016
This was my favorite place to work. I loved the people, and the high acuity of the patient populations I cared for. I learned so much in the time I spent here.
Vander Bubble
Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 10, 2015
If you can take the old boy/girl insider routine, managed by sycophants and egoists, this job is for you. The pay is pretty good in middle management, and if you're a faculty member the money just rolls in. Keep your mouth shut. Try to avoid the hypocrisy, double-dealing, double-speak, and back-room management, and you'll be thrilled to be a Commodore. Be prepared to be hustled by the admin for Christmas contributions to cleaning staff not being paid living wages. Better out of your pocket than theirs.
Pros
Free turkey at Christmas, constant health messages
Cons
Free turkey at Christmas and clawbacks
Manager, HR Operations (ESC) (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 10, 2015
Vanderbilt is one of the largest employers in TN. With over 25,000 employees it is a great place to work with growth and learning opportunities. The information and skill set gained in priceless.

Vanderbilt provides medical insurance for full-time staff as well as part-time. The full-time benefits range from medical, tuition, PTO and retirement matching.

Overall, anyone can have a great and long lasting career at Vanderbilt.
Pros
One hour lunches, growth opportunities, health benefits, PTO, location
Cons
Far drive from my residence
Bar Scene
pageant coordinator (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNApril 27, 2016
I had a great time helping run and coordinate the pageants and events. I was always given free range and game with opinions and themes.. great family to work for
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 20, 2016
Good teamwork, great leadership, management is caring, provides good learning and values hard work. Requires some overtime but all has lots of fun social event.
It's a good place to work here
Research assistant III (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 6, 2016
Enjoy the flexibility for work hours. coworkers are nice. The job responsibilities are high. The pay does not match the work load.
A great place to work
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 25, 2016
A great place to learn, awesome team work, very busy and fast paced environment, quality patient care, lots of educational benefits, ect.
Multicultural and good benfits
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 15, 2016
Flexible work schedule with good benefits. Not a lot of room for advancement. Co-workers were nice. Management need to have training manuals for all positions.
productive and respectful place to work
CNA/ Medical receptionist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 8, 2016
I was responsible for patient care/charting/ and occasional medical receptionist work. Great place to work and learn new medical techniques!
Productive and structured place to work.
MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST (PRN) (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 6, 2015
Vanderbilt University is a really professional and structured place to work at, very friendly people. It's a very big company so I come in contact with many different faces everyday. All my colleagues are pretty friendly and helpful for the most part, I learned a lot from them and trial and error. Everyone is pretty welcoming and it makes work go a lot smoother. Sometimes there are chill days however it has peak hours like any other job when you feel like your running around like a chicken with your head cut off but to have your work down packed is an ultimate plus because you feel confident in your work. It's a great place to grow as an individuals and within the company. Overall, I love this job however I am PRN which is as needed so I would love more hours.
Patient Care Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 11, 2016
I spent 18 years at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. I enjoyed my time there and appreciated the experience I gained in various aspects of healthcare.
Pros
Diverse
awesome
Respiratory Therapist RRT (Current Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNApril 29, 2016
Awesome place to work co workers are very intelligent, kind and love their patients. would not want to work any place else
Histotechnologist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 16, 2015
Vanderbilt was a wonderful place to work. They did all kinds of things for their employees for instance gave every employee a turkey at Thanksgiving and that's a lot of turkeys around 10,000 employees. I worked at night and basically by myself after 10 PM until about 5 AM. I embedded, cut and stained all of the Dermatology specimens and assisted with the small biopsies. I enjoyed being by myself, because I could arrange my day and have complete organization. I would go back there if I could.
Pros
Fabulous work environment
Cons
New residents every 6 weeks but that also made it intesting
good place to work
patient service representative (Current Employee) –  Vanderbilt Franklin Women's Center since 8/2015January 21, 2016
busy, great co-works, job is easy, but busy. Been with Vandy for many years, and is an excellent place to work. Would highly recommend to any one looking for a career.
A very busy place to work
Executive Administrator/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 8, 2015
My typical day deals with a lot of accounting and booking for travel. Management was awesome but some were a little stressed to due to overwork. I didn't really have co-workers. The hardest part about my job is not enough time to complete certain task due to this was a part-time position. Seeing the students smile when leaving for the day
Productive and competitive environment; fosters innovation
Engineering Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 21, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of running samples and in the laboratory and fabricating devices. Every week, we present our progress and findings with the laboratory group in a meeting-style setting. The most enjoyable part of the job was the shear pleasure of working alongside like-minded individuals who are passionate about what they do and striving to succeed!
Hard, loyal worker
CMA (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 7, 2016
I am a CMA working in Lung Transplant. I input outside labs into star panel, i schedule pt for clinic, call pt go over med changes set them of for labs and handle what ever else is needed in the office.
Excellent staff and patient care
BSN, RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 26, 2016
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a wonderful place to work. It is a tight-knit and cohesive community within a community.