Vanderbilt University Employee Reviews

Great work life balance.
Scanning and Indexing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 9, 2017
Flexible hires for a great work life balance. Great position for students and active parents. The managers offered flexible hours and work from home options.
Great Place to work!
Finance Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 7, 2017
Really awesome work environment with lots of helpful employees. Willingness to work with any limitations or special accommodations necessary. Great employment benefits!
Great place and people
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  RemoteApril 6, 2017
I was a remote employee. But, everyone I had the pleasure of working with was extremely pleasant, knowledgeable and enthusiastic about their work. Their department of Learning Sciences and Science Education was truly inspiring.
Wonderful University for Nurse Practitioners
Nurse Practitioner Student (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 6, 2017
I have thoroughly enjoyed attending Vanderbilt. This college has prepared me for upcoming boards and job placement. I have found that it has been easy to complete all assignments and balance school life with my family life. I would recommend this University to anyone looking to become a Nurse Practitioner.
Pros
Short program, mostly online
Cons
Travel to campus required nearly monthly
Fun Place, Excellent HR staff
Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant- (Clinical) (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 3, 2017
If you have the opportunity to join the Recruiting team, take it! Enjoyable teams, leadership, partnerships with Hiring Managers, opportunities for advancement, communication.
Only job I ever quit
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 2, 2017
Always short staffed. Management didnt know how to do their jobs. Staff way poorly trained. Equipment was excellent..............................................................
Pros
Great health care
Cons
poor work environment
A highly respectable establishment
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 2, 2017
Everyone at Vanderbilt University is like walking into an extended family, people who truly care about their employees and helping them learn and grow within the university. With plenty of opportunity to learn and take on new and exciting responsibility.
Pros
benefits package, university tution reumbursment, discounts on local and state by state enterrainment and edcuational outlets
Cons
parking fees are too costly and go up each year.
worked as a grader for a CS class
Student Grader (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 2, 2017
- must be able to manage time well, enjoyed being able to choose my own schedule on when to grade papers
- a lot of work at times, not a lot at others, I learned to plan ahead and spread out work so that assignments would be graded fairly
Good working enviroment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 22, 2017
Very good company to work for. Excellent teaching hospital, very good staff and management to work for and with. Good teamwork from all staff and management.
Pros
good working conditions.
Cons
short breaks.
Excellent People providing care to patients
Patient Access Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 20, 2017
A lot of untapped potential, particularly in Patient Access. Many great leaders left the organization due to poor decision making of executive management.
Can't return to that department
OR Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 15, 2017
I worked for 16 years and I started in Supplies and it a great job experience I learned a lot , the department had real supportive managers and the moral of the employees were very high. I advanced to another position within 2 years with more responsibilities and better pay but after they made the mistake in 2013 when the hospital decided to lay off all great deal of their employees everything changed new management wasn't qualified for positions that their were hired for and the moral was depleted and in my opinion the patients suffers because employees are unhappy with their jobs...
Pros
Excellent Hospital
Cons
Management needs better training
Great culture
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 15, 2017
Great culture at the medical school. Everyone was very collaborative and data sharing was easy. Most offices were quite small, so it was easy to get to know each other.
Great place to Work.
CNA/ Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 14, 2017
A typical day at work would be like providing the best customer service ever. I really did enjoy working here. Most of all I enjoyed the patients I served.
My best scientific experience
Scholar Fellow (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 3, 2017
Vanderbilt University was very helpful, warm and useful science surrounding. Everybody tried to help me in my first steps in Molecular Endocrinology/Immunology lab.. My boss let me be completely independent , and it was enjoyable.
Pros
Everything was just perfect
Cons
"'New Orleans"
Love the people, but the pay is definitely not competitive
Associate Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 2, 2017
Limited opportunities for growth within your division in many cases, so get used to moving to different divisions and departments if you want to move up.
Pros
healthcare from day 1
Cons
parking, traffic, low pay
Opportunity to learn and advance
RN Clinical Observation (Former Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNFebruary 23, 2017
I have worked at Vanderbilt several times. I keep going back because it is a well rounded work environment. I had to leave this last time to care for a family member with renal cell carcinoma. Vanderbilt is a very fast paced environment and they focus on continuing education. You never feel like you in over your head. You have many resources available to you at all times including: the intranet, your charge nurses, colleagues, and even your clinical manager.
Pros
Excellent health insurance, begins day 1 of employment
Cons
Needed more Care partners (CNT's), but that is a common shortage amongst all hospitals
great place to work with great networking chances
Executive Leadership Academy (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 22, 2017
VLA provides you opportunities to network with other hihg-profile people and train you to be ready as to interact and communicate with high-profile people.
Self managed, cooperative atmosphere
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 22, 2017
Great place to work if you overlook heavy downtown traffic and paying $300+ per year to park at work.
Managers are fair and cooperative, easy to work for.
Lower Paying
RN, BSN (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 19, 2017
Not a horrible work environment but pay is at the bottom of the ladder. Turnover for the hospital is high, because of the lack of leadership on the floor.
Political System - difficult to navigate
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 18, 2017
Multiple layers of bureaucracy
Limited orientation
Want a community of minions that performs per their model
Dishonest and undermining
Pros
Reputation
Cons
Too political

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vanderbilt University. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval