Vanderbilt University

Vanderbilt University Employer Reviews

exciting place to work
LPN -ST2 (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 3, 2014
Being A level 1 Trauma center means experiencing a lot of new and exciting techniques and equipment the amount of experience I received during my years there was invaluable
outstanding hospital
Clinical Experience (Former Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 28, 2014
Vanderbilt Hospital provided an outstanding clinical experience.
Certified Respiratory Care Therapist (Former Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: great benifits
Best time of my life. People are assume. You have to keep up your skills. No skating thru this place. If you keep your ears open You will learn more everyday. Fast moving. Be ready to run.
Very enjoyable for those that like working with patient and patient families.
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: great benefits.
Cons: repetitive, not challenged, work pace is too slow.
Interacting with patients, problem resolution, scheduling of future appointments and radiology testing, assist nursing staff with patient needs.
It's work in a research lab...
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: free pizza fairly often
Cons: research is hard
Graduate labs vary wildly in culture.
However, you will always learn a lot, not get paid well, and be frustrated. You may also get to spend lots of time learning about something that you really like - that can be rewarding. In fact, that's a necessary condition for starting graduate school - I think you need to love what you are doing.
It's a good place to work.
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: the people i work with are easy to get along with for the most part.
Cons: there isn't a lot of room for growth at this point due to the economy.
I take care of placing orders for lab supplies and match invoices with purchase orders. At the end of each month I reconcile ledgers for several cost centers.
RN Charge Nurse - 8 South (Current Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: not applicable
Cons: not applicable
The current job culture is reflective of the current economic situation, particularly in healthcare industry.
A very strong company to work for
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 9, 2014
Hospital has much diversity between the numerous departments and staff yet overall the hospital and university are leaders in blending to create a great work environment and serving patients and the community.
Productive, interesting work place
Research Nurse Specialist I (Current Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: management and co-workers are great
Cons: benefits are not as valuable and job security is decreasing
My department is fantastic. I get along with all of my co-workers and we all work as a team.
Great place to work - Depending on your department!
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: topping out $$ in a department -
Most places in Vanderbilt are great to work. The benefits are great and the access to continued education through the University.
Interesting Job, always an adventure
Field Research Technician (Current Employee), Jackson, TnJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Duties:
• Visit Clients in home
• Conduct one on one interviews with Adults and Youth
• Consult with clients about services available in their community
• Keep detailed records
• Submit All materials remotely
• Schedule Visits
Great Neurologically based Level 2
Occupational Therapy Level IIa Fieldwork Student (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJanuary 15, 2014
Vanderbilt offered a great neurologically based Level 2 fieldwork experience.
Overall a good, stable place to work
Software Development (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: creative freedom and casual, free thinking work environment.
Cons: the politics on the medical center side is a hinderance to progress.
In the department that I work in accepts only excellence as a standard. Everyone here is devoted to their jobs. You are expected to work on your own with creative freedom, but the expectations are high. I am ever learning new technologies, methodologies, etc and I am challenged every day.
Emergency Department RN (Former Employee), Nashville TNJanuary 10, 2014
As an Emergency room Nurse, I was able to receive patients, take their medical history, start I therapy, admisnister medications, counsel on drugs, patient teaching on home care after discharge.
What I have learned
Research Billing Compliance Specialist (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: learning environment
Cons: communication challenging with large organization
There are a lot of talented people throughout the medical center and university which makes the work very interesting.
Productive place to work
Medical Records Analyst (Current Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 26, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: rate of pay
The most enjoyable part of the job are the flexible schedules and my co-workers.
I was laid-off
Full-time Staff Chaplain (Former Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 21, 2013
Pros: medical savings account/farmers market in season/lots of great people and extremely gratifying work
Cons: being laid-off
I enjoyed Vanderbilt immensely until I was laid-off. I miss it.
Managed 2 units with over 100 FTE on two different floors.
Manager Patient Care Services (Former Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 18, 2013
Developed Excel budget sheet to allow me to either lower or raise the amounts Administration would request that would carry over to multiple sheets in the matter of just a few minutes. Things always changing for the betterment of nursing care. Very compartmentalized. Loved my Director-very supportive and always willing to assist or just listen. Hardest – more... part of the job was staying out of the politics that is at every institution. Enjoyable part-working side by side with the staff so they could see that I was capable of doing what they did. Also involved staff in budget development. – less
Program Coordinator, Vanderbilt Medical Alumni Affairs
Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 10, 2013
Pros: healthcare
Cons: parking
Over the past four years, I have gained a great deal of work experience through office management and event coordination with Vanderbilt medical alumni. I have improved in people skills, computer skills, and learned to juggle several tasks at once. I am extremely organized, and I am a fast learner. I take initiative on any assignment, and I am very – more... good at managing my time and work. I get along very well with my coworkers - I am a people person, and I love being apart of a team. I experienced some difficulty when I was hastily promoted to a higher position with little training, but I succeeded in little to no time. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my coworkers. We work hard and make a great team. – less
Why did I leave?!
ACCESS/EXIT SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 8, 2013
Pros: amazing benefits, amazing team, professionalism, opportunities for advancement, convienience, training
Cons: disconnected from management (such a big company), parking.
Best place I have ever worked! Awesome culture of smart folks working for the patient's best interest and sharing knowledge with each other. I learned so much working here-how to work well with a team, how to deal with crisis situations effectively, how to supervise others and how to appreciate a hard day's work. Great co-workers for the most part (there – more... are always a few...) and management was fair and competent. Most enjoyable part was the constant opportunity to learn something new. Hardest part was the nature of the job-you deal with sick people all day! Loved being a part of the Vandy family. I left to take an opportunity to live overseas with family. I was in my twenties...what can I say...but I am trying to get back in their good graces :) – less

About Vanderbilt University

Vanderbilt University is a private research university located in Nashville, Tennessee, United States. Founded in 1873, the university – Read more