Vanderbilt University

Vanderbilt University Employer Reviews

Large regional care center
Nurse Practitioner (WHNP, ANP (Current Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 21, 2013
Great benefits and lots of versatility in the work place. Average patient load is between 15-25 patients a day or 8 to 10 in a half day clinic.
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: chea health insurance, variety for lunch
Cons: patients can be in-patient
Check patients in and out , Verify insurance and if not found , call Central Registration to have added
put Encounter forms into system and total for the day, Tally any money taken in for the day and do deposits,
Check-in patients for other clinics for specify doctors., Schedule patients for next appointments and also
schedules Echos and Ekg patients – more... with orders, Check for referrals and work with pal center to note accounts or cancel patients per protocol.
Check in and add on patients and run paperwork for other clinics to be checked-in – less
Gracious corporate benefits, award-winning staff
Graduate Practicum in Social Media/Assessment (Former Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 16, 2013
Rewarding work environment with unlimited and encouraged opportunities for personal enrichment, health development and advancement. Regular hours and expectations. Caring team of colleagues and management.
My experience
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: location with traffic
I work with the Ortho Rehab out patient group, and feel like I'm a part of a family here. I assist all employees in one way or another. I have a wonderful supportive management and love working with them. I process reports, place orders, keep schedules updated. I recocile two budgets each month and manage the department credit card.
Not-so-competitive compensation but great work atmosphere
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 3, 2013
Compensation could be a little more competitive, but Vanderbilt has a great work ethic and atmosphere. One of the best hospitals I've worked at.
It all depends on your supervisor
Office Assistant IV / Secretary II (Former Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 3, 2013
I was fortunate to have wonderful supervision at my job at Vanderbilt. My work was interesting and fulfilling, and I was able to learn many things and to advance in my career.
Great place to work, you had a vast area to cover each day.
Clinical Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 2, 2013
Pros: copensation, discounts at various companies in the city.
Cons: breaks, length of shifts.
Vanderbilt as well was and is a great place to work. I found that healthcare has grown tremendously over the years, some of which nearly passes me by and vey glad of the experience and knowledge that I was able to obtain while being employed there.
Good place
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 27, 2013
This is my first place in United States, people in here are very friendly.
Educational Work Environment
Registered Nurse II (Current Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 24, 2013
Pros: opportunities to learn
Cons: short breaks
Good place to learn and develope new skills in the medical field.
overall good place to work
Project Manager for Various Genetic Studies (Current Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 15, 2013
overall good place to work. It varies according to which department you work in. Research positions rely heavily on grant funding and job security, as of late, is not very secure.
Challenging with the many voices you here daily. Also something different
Central Appointment Scheduler (Current Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 13, 2013
Call center makes a interesting day. Challenging, a lot of different ways of life for many people that you never meet.
Phone work can be very rewarding even though you wouldn't think so.
Team work very important in this line of work.
To me the hardest part of the job is the phone call you receive and unable to assist in a manner that you feel comfortable – more... with.
Rewarding when the phone call is actually taken care in a satisfying and timely manner – less
Great learning environment
Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital (Current Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 11, 2013
Pros: great discounts
Cons: job security
I had learned a lot of new skills as well as perfected my current skills. A great learning environment all around.
Surgical Floor
Staff Nurse RN (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 10, 2013
There was no teamwork, the pay was awful, other nurses would take over your patient when they went bad, and would not let you learn
not all that
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 9, 2013
not all that great. too many clicks.
too much down time for night time.
Amazing place to work with constant opportunities to grow
Emergency Department RN Liaison (Current Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 5, 2013
Pros: benefit package unlike any other employer
Cons: teaching institution takes getting used to
Have worked here on and off for 20 years, always return for the challenge of the job. Work place that offers constant mentoring and growth opportunities professionally and personally.
Educational Facility
RN Radiology (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 3, 2013
Pros: great team environment
Working with new Residents, Fellows and Medical Students was the best part of this job. Their enthusiasm and willingness to learn and share their knowledge made the working environment fun.
productive
Dietitian Assistant (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 30, 2013
Pros: breaks
Cons: walking
meeting and greeting diffrent people throughout the hospital
This is a very wonderful place to work and has alot of traning ient ar .easn differ
Assist nurses (Current Employee), 8 south oncology floorJuly 30, 2013
Pros: on site training
Cons: have to pay for your own parking
I love this hospital and would recommend it to anyone it has very caring and compassionate staff that cares about their staff aswell as patients
Vanderbilt was an excellent employer.
Clinic Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 24, 2013
Pros: benefit package, excellent coworkers, educational environment
Cons: difficult to find a balance with home life due to demands of the position
I learned a lot during my time at Vanderbilt. I was able to expand my management experience and I was given the opportunity to grow in my professional development.
Loved assisting guests and maintain a safe place for them to visit.
Enforcement Officer (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 18, 2013
My job consisted of helping guests with problems such as broken down vehicles.As well as make sure garages were safe.Directing traffic if needed and enforcing parking regulations on vanderbilt property.

About Vanderbilt University

Vanderbilt University is a private research university located in Nashville, Tennessee, United States. Founded in 1873, the university – Read more